Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,209 members, 7,818,706 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:25 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (685) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361678 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmeritusR: 5:49am On Nov 17, 2020
hello please nairalanders I have a question to ask please , a soft copy of my i-20 was sent to me yesterday through my email and I am suppose to apply for an F1 visa , I don't know how I am going to do this, can I apply for the expedited interview online through the use of the i-20 that was sent to me online or I need to have them send me the hard copy first, please how should I do this because I was suppose to be resuming January. please I really need all of your contributions, it will really help me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NoTimeZone(m): 5:53am On Nov 17, 2020
EmeritusR:
hello please nairalanders I have a question to ask please , a soft copy of my i-20 was sent to me yesterday through my email and I am suppose to apply for an F1 visa , I don't know how I am going to do this, can I apply for the expedited interview online through the use of the i-20 that was sent to me online or I need to have them send me the hard copy first, please how should I do this because I was suppose to be resuming January. please I really need all of your contributions, it will really help me.
The soft copy is allowed. Your next step should paying your Visa application fee, filling/submitting your DS-160, schedule a regular appointment at either Lagos or Abuja, lastly request for an emergency appointment.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by EmeritusR: 6:35am On Nov 17, 2020
NoTimeZone:
The soft copy is allowed. Your next step should paying your Visa application fee, filling/submitting your DS-160, schedule a regular appointment at either Lagos or Abuja, lastly request for an emergency appointment.

alright I think that will really help, I am indeed grateful for this information. so if I am applying do I need to print out the soft copy i-20 or I just have to upload it the way the school sent me online and secondly if I am going for my interview after the consideration will I have to still go to the embassy with with printed i-20 or I will need the original copy of the i-20.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edox15: 6:41am On Nov 17, 2020
[quote author=foxtrott post=96122807][/quote]

Thanks for sharing. Did you create a new DS-160 form and new CGI account to get this ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 6:42am On Nov 17, 2020
Phori:
waooo.. did u apply for emergency of regular booking to get the date.

It’s saying no available appointment date now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edox15: 6:43am On Nov 17, 2020
foxtrott:
Hello all,

To those that got denied. I was also denied yesterday 16th November. I filled a new DS 160 form and I have just been able to book an appointment for 7th December here in Abuja so you could try. Good luck to everyone trying to get a new date.

Thanks for sharing. Did you create a new CGI account for this ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 6:53am On Nov 17, 2020
[quote author=foxtrott post=96121036][/quote]
Please did it show you earliest available date like this before you saw the closer date... cos the scheduling page has just given me the first warning.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by foxtrott: 7:25am On Nov 17, 2020
No, I did not create any new account. I filled the DS 160 form and submitted, next was payment of new MRV fee. After logging in on my CGI I saw the regular schedule/book appointment, followed through and I saw dates (No prompt about the next available date as someone just posted).
edox15:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 7:28am On Nov 17, 2020
hello guys, my class starts on the 25th of january as stated on the i-20, however I am expected to resume two weeks to the beginning of class for documentation in the department which unofficially brings my date of arrival forward to 11th of january, do u think i should apply for emergency interview now or wait till the 25th to be in the 60days bracket. thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 8:02am On Nov 17, 2020
Phori:
hello guys, my class starts on the 25th of january as stated on the i-20, however I am expected to resume two weeks to the beginning of class for documentation in the department which unofficially brings my date of arrival forward to 11th of january, do u think i should apply for emergency interview now or wait till the 25th to be in the 60days bracket. thank you.

please, don't risk losing the one chance emergency request. Wait until you are within 60 days to the start of your program stated on your I20.
Thanks!

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MOgunleye(m): 8:25am On Nov 17, 2020
Try to use an Access Bank Visa card. Their limit is not $100 but their rate is like NGN455/$1

quasarJose:

shocked shocked shocked

So how do you suggest I pay?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chilynda: 8:40am On Nov 17, 2020
foxtrott:
No, I did not create any new account. I filled the DS 160 form and submitted, next was payment of new MRV fee. After logging in on my CGI I saw the regular schedule/book appointment, followed through and I saw dates (No prompt about the next available date as someone just posted).

Please did you state previously refused when you wanted to book for a date?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Billions123: 8:53am On Nov 17, 2020
Billions123:

1. Can i get a job outside my field? Like an unskilled job just to camouflage and remain there while i run my hustle.
2. Is there like a grace period to stay and look for a job after my program?

Please, no vex

Please someone should help answer this.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 9:23am On Nov 17, 2020
Any student interviewed at the US embassy in Abuja lately?
What is the atmosphere like? Did you notice more approvals than refusals?

What I'm hearing about Lagos consulate recent rate of refusal is not encouraging.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 9:34am On Nov 17, 2020
fairheart:
Any student interviewed at the US embassy in Abuja lately?
What is the atmosphere like? Did you notice more approvals than refusals?

What I'm hearing about Lagos consulate recent rate of refusal is not encouraging.

Heard alot of refusals yesterday for Abuja. God help us . Maybe they're angry trump didn't win grin

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 9:58am On Nov 17, 2020
gracias
Ftos:

please, don't risk losing the one chance emergency request. Wait until you are within 60 days to the start of your program stated on your I20.
Thanks!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hannah4(f): 10:21am On Nov 17, 2020
foxtrott:
Hello all,

To those that got denied. I was also denied yesterday 16th November. I filled a new DS 160 form and I have just been able to book an appointment for 7th December here in Abuja so you could try. Good luck to everyone trying to get a new date.
Please post your transcript

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by thekingofafrica: 10:45am On Nov 17, 2020
Omo it seems the refusal rate yesterday was super high, I mean it takes a lot of courage to post a refusal transcript let’s be fair, I only read one approval for yesterday, God help us all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 10:52am On Nov 17, 2020
edox15:

Did you click previously refused I’m the last six months or regular when booking an appointment? Reply ASAP please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 11:09am On Nov 17, 2020
Please want to ask if I can use a corporate accnt for sponsorship
I have 1700 usd scholarship
Will it help
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 11:10am On Nov 17, 2020
Is university of new haven a good school to deal with
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 11:11am On Nov 17, 2020
Please want to confirm if Abuja visa offices have better chances than Lagos ..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edox15: 11:13am On Nov 17, 2020
Loloking:

Did you click previously refused I’m the last six months or regular when booking an appointment? Reply ASAP please

I didn't find that step on my portal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 11:17am On Nov 17, 2020
Dikewilliams:
Please want to confirm if Abuja visa offices have better chances than Lagos ..

Same same jare. Just pray to find favour in any of them. Only difference Abuja is less crowded and maybe saner.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 11:20am On Nov 17, 2020
edox15:

Strange.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by sonofakin: 11:35am On Nov 17, 2020
That is strange that you did not find that step. It is a step everyone finds, even first time applicants
edox15:

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Beegirl1(f): 11:43am On Nov 17, 2020
KushCollectible:
Guys, I was rejected but I have "your passport is still with the US embassy" displayed on my dashboard.

Please what does it mean?

Hmmmm.. This could be a miracle oo. Or can someone answer this undecided
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 11:53am On Nov 17, 2020
tarantino1:
Good evening all.

My program starts on the 3rd of March. Does this mean I can't apply for an emergency date till 2nd January, that's 60 days prior?

Please someone should kindly help me concerning this. I’ve posted it Three times now without any response
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 11:58am On Nov 17, 2020
Can I use corporate accnt for visa application
Such fees is around 20000 scholarship is just 1700.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dodoyinsolar202: 12:05pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dikewilliams:
Is university of new haven a good school to deal with
Yes.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 12:11pm On Nov 17, 2020
Dikewilliams:
Can I use corporate accnt for visa application
Such fees is around 20000 scholarship is just 1700.

Personal account I.e savings account is more advisable

(1) (2) (3) ... (682) (683) (684) (685) (686) (687) (688) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.