Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,106 members, 7,811,109 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 11:52 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (693) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356740 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 2:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Alexanderfrost:
Good day everyone,

Alex here.

Please, I need some help.

Is Personal Statement the same as Statement of Purpose?

My recommendations, can they just all be professionals? I have left school for a while now, getting academics math not be exactly smooth.

Lastly, having a wife and a kid, is that strong enough for hometie?

Is anyone applying to or in Texas Tech University here? I'll like to ask some specific questions.

Please help.

Yes, same.

They can be professionals but it doesn't come with an advantage.

Having a wife and kid: No, it's not; Yes, it is. This depends on the VO engaging you. This also depends on what your wife does, how old your child is and what you do for a living, the person sponsoring you as well.

Texas Tech. Uni: hopefully, you'll find someone here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 2:44pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lethhhgooo:
Paid the MRV fee twice. They denied the emergency request still. It's based on the capacity they can handle right now.

They just sent me this

What happened to the first fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dipdat123: 2:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
I think one can still use a personal SOA even after being denied with a corporate SOA. You can inform the VO that you brought a personal SOA of your sponsor this time around.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lethhhgooo: 2:49pm On Nov 19, 2020
I already booked an emergency request with it but then they wanted me to book another date and then request another emergency appointment. But this meant I had to pay another fee.

Chonco:

What happened to the first fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 2:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lethhhgooo:
I already booked an emergency request with it but then they wanted me to book another date and then request another emergency appointment. But this meant I had to pay another fee.

That means you got a mail telling you that the first application was denied?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IrishCrown(f): 2:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Chonco:

Yes, you need to update your DS160 form, then print out the new appointment confirmation letter which should show Abuja as the new location. The new location must reflect.

You picked Jan 4th as your intended arrival date: When did your school tell you to report? If it's not on the 4th or 8th, you have no reason to worry as long as you tell the VO about not being able to get a close date before 4th Jan(only when asked).

I have updated my DS160 form and it is reflecting Abuja now. Start of classes is 19th January,2021 so I adjusted my intended date too.

Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 3:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
IrishCrown:

I have updated my DS160 form and it is reflecting Abuja now. Start of classes is 19th January,2021 so I adjusted my intended date too.

Thanks

Perfect. Congrats in advance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by IrishCrown(f): 3:03pm On Nov 19, 2020
Chonco:

Perfect. Congrats in advance

Thank you. I claim the congratulations o. Amen
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 3:26pm On Nov 19, 2020
Who's in search of a fully funded graduate
Programs and Full Funding Awards?

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 3:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
Chonco:

Do you have good Intel?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omofolajomi: 3:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you so much for your response
I mean i have been denied visa once before and that was last year
The concern is my dashboard is not showing any date at the moment, its saying no date available
Also i am not seeing any section for emergency visa on my dash board.
Chonco:

You have been denied getting an emergency date or?

I believe you must have paid your visa fee already. If yes, you need to fill in the DS160 form, book any appointment date you see on your screen. After that, go ahead and fill in the emergency request form, ensure you upload the most relevant documents as an evidence and input the reason why you need an emergency appointment.
After submitting your request, you'll get an email from the Consulate (the email may come in immediately or after some hours, depending). This email will confirm if your request is approved or denied. I hope it's approved though but if not, you have to stick to the initial date or maybe you can choose to pay for another MRV fee.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 3:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
omofolajomi:
Thank you so much for your response
I mean i have been denied visa once before and that was last year
The concern is my dashboard is not showing any date at the moment, its saying no date available
Also i am not seeing any section for emergency visa on my dash board.

Okay. You need to relax and keep checking for dates. It'll appear soon and once it appears, you can go ahead and schedule.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Baphil: 3:57pm On Nov 19, 2020
Good evening people,

-Please how much is reciprocity fee for B1/B2 visa?

-When did people start paying for this fee?

-Is it only for approved visas?

- At what point is it paid?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 3:58pm On Nov 19, 2020
Baphil:
Good evening people,

-Please how much is reciprocity fee for B1/B2 visa?

-Is it only for approved visas?

- At what point is it paid?

$110
Yes, for approved visas
Once your visa is approved by the VO, you'll be directed to make the payment inside the same hall.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Baphil: 4:01pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you so much Chonco for your prompt response.

Please when did they start paying this fee?

How much is $110 now?

Chonco:

$110
Yes, for approved visas
Once your visa is approved by the VO, you'll be directed to make the payment inside the same hall.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by codeline(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ftos:

Thank you! But if the emergency expires, will there be a chance to request another using same MRV since it's a single chance?
What did your friend do in his own case?
Thanks!

Forgot to mention that the person paid another MRV. I'll advise you call them to explain if paying another fee is not an option. But the wait time was endless, hopefully yours will be fast.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 4:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
Baphil:
Thank you so much Chonco for your prompt response.

Please when did they start paying this fee?

How much is $110 now?

It started in 2018 I suppose. $110 is #42,900 now. They're currently using $1 to #390
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Baphil: 4:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
Wow!
I know someone who renewed her visa in February 2019 via drop box and she didn't have to pay that. Please is there an exception?

Mosminic:

It started in 2018 I suppose. $110 is #42,900 now. They're currently using $1 to #390
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 4:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
I am o please
Chonco:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 4:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
Baphil:
Wow!
I know someone who renewed her visa in February 2019 via drop box and she didn't have to pay that. Please is there an exception?

Apologies it actually started late last year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lethhhgooo: 4:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
Do you have an idea when these dates usually become available?

Chonco:

Okay. You need to relax and keep checking for dates. It'll appear soon and once it appears, you can go ahead and schedule.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lethhhgooo: 4:53pm On Nov 19, 2020
First one was automatically canceled cos I rescheduled for an earlier date after I didn't get a response from them for about a week. Do you know when these new dates usually appear?

Chonco:

That means you got a mail telling you that the first application was denied?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omofolajomi: 4:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Please guys i am so sorry to bother anyone, but if you have answers to my question please reply

I submitted my Ds 160 feb 2020, because my initial appointment was due for march
And i want to apply for another visa, how do i go about it, does that mean i have to pay for another visa fee or can i still reuse the same ds 160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omofolajomi: 4:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
Meanwhile i did not use the visa fee, it was due to covid that my interview was cancelled.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ferdinand234: 4:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Does one just go to DHL if 4 days elapses for passport pickup or wait for it to be updated on the website? Its like one week now, still saying your passport is with the US embassy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Abone2: 5:09pm On Nov 19, 2020
I am guessing your appointment was one of those cancelled in march due to the pandemic. If yes, what you need to do is fill another ds160 and go on to schedule a new appointment. You will be able to use the same mrv.

omofolajomi:
Please guys i am so sorry to bother anyone, but if you have answers to my question please reply

I submitted my Ds 160 feb 2020, because my initial appointment was due for march
And i want to apply for another visa, how do i go about it, does that mean i have to pay for another visa fee or can i still reuse the same ds 160
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Hollyholy: 5:16pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ferdinand234:
Does one just go to DHL if 4 days elapses for passport pickup or wait for it to be updated on the website? Its like one week now, still saying your passport is with the US embassy

Once its 10 official days, call them.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 5:20pm On Nov 19, 2020
omofolajomi:

Your MRV is still valid.
Fill in another form as stated by abone2 but carefully ensure that the numbers are correct.

Don't make a new payment. You can only do that when an emergency appointment is denied and want to schedule a close date

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 5:21pm On Nov 19, 2020
Ferdinand234:

4 working days or weekend included?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 5:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lethhhgooo:
First one was automatically canceled cos I rescheduled for an earlier date after I didn't get a response from them for about a week. Do you know when these new dates usually appear?

It was rescheduled cancelled due to the pandemic, right? If yes, the MRV is still valid for one good year. All you need do is, fill in another DS160 form and continue the process. You shouldn't have paid another MRV fee.

And did you check your spam messages?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GboyegaD(m): 5:33pm On Nov 19, 2020
Talisha2018:

Please enlighten me more in about the A2C on Reddit. I have no idea what that means .

And yeah you are right about them lacking the hunger and determination. As you can see my son is less concerned about all the process.

The bolded should be of concern. Why not allow him attend a private university instead of allowing him come at this time. He could come for graduate studies and hopefully, he will be more matured at that time.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 5:40pm On Nov 19, 2020
Goodluck to everyone having their Interviews tomorrow.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (690) (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.