Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,745 members, 7,817,056 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 01:51 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (694) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360584 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by drlucky17: 6:04pm On Nov 19, 2020
Chonco:
Goodluck to everyone having their Interviews tomorrow.
amen the favour of the Lord is mightily with me

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alexanderfrost: 6:13pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thanks Chief.

You've been helpful.

Chonco:

Yes, same.

They can be professionals but it doesn't come with an advantage.

Having a wife and kid: No, it's not; Yes, it is. This depends on the VO engaging you. This also depends on what your wife does, how old your child is and what you do for a living, the person sponsoring you as well.

Texas Tech. Uni: hopefully, you'll find someone here.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 6:48pm On Nov 19, 2020
Baphil:
Wow!
I know someone who renewed her visa in February 2019 via drop box and she didn't have to pay that. Please is there an exception?

Dropbox is no longer available.
Every renewal demands physical presence
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Event14(f): 6:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
God bless you all for all you do. I need help

I filled my dad as my sponsor, my interview is in two weeks, but my dad is presently not in available to get the SOA. my uncle who is a medical doctor is willing to help with his SOA and with a written note regarding that as my sponsor but my dad's name is reflecting on ds160. Will this affect in any way?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by omofolajomi: 7:08pm On Nov 19, 2020
Thank you
Abone2:
I am guessing your appointment was one of those cancelled in march due to the pandemic. If yes, what you need to do is fill another ds160 and go on to schedule a new appointment. You will be able to use the same mrv.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Geewin69: 7:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
Any discrepancy or irregularity in the information you present may optimize your chances of getting denied. It's safer and better to be uniform. If your Dad is on your DS form as Sponsor, try to get his SoA.

My two cents.

The gurus in the house will explain better.

Event14:

I filled my dad as my sponsor, my interview is in two weeks, but my dad is presently not in available to get the SOA. my uncle who is a medical doctor is willing to help with his SOA and with a written note regarding that as my sponsor but my dad's name is reflecting on ds160. Will this affect in any way?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 7:18pm On Nov 19, 2020
Event14:

Written note may further complicate issues.

Do you bear the same surname with your Uncle?

Secondly, can your Dad call his account officer, telling him/her to issue you the SOA on his behalf.
This last option is safer and better because every SOA bears the name of the Sponsor and if this doesn't match with what you have on your DS160, this 'may' not really go well. And you can't say you have two sponsors.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Event14(f): 7:24pm On Nov 19, 2020
Chonco:

Written note may further complicate issues.
Do you bear the same surname with your Uncle?
Hope the money on your Uncle's account will 'almost' the same or above your tuition fee or total fee for your studies as stated on your I20 form?

The money is way more than the amount like more, he's my mum's younger brother so we don't share Same surname,. He'd been supportive throughout my undergrad school, I'm a nurse, I also work with him in his hospital cos he owns one
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Baphil: 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
Okay, thank you so much

Mosminic:

Apologies it actually started late last year
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Event14(f): 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
Geewin69:
Any discrepancy or irregularity in the information you present may optimize your chances of getting denied. It's safer and better to be uniform. If your Dad is on your DS form as Sponsor, try to get his SoA.

My two cents.

The gurus in the house will explain better.

Thanks, I appreciate.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 7:28pm On Nov 19, 2020
Event14:

this is not hard na. Fill another DS-160 and put your uncle as the sponsor.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Event14(f): 7:29pm On Nov 19, 2020
[quote author=Friedpotato post=96223777] this is not hard na. Fill another DS-160 and put your uncle as the sponsor.[/quot

Ok, thanks. Does it require I pay another fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bigfrancis21: 7:34pm On Nov 19, 2020
Event14:

If your uncle will provide his SOA, then you may replace your dad with your uncle on your DS160 as your sponsor. Or if your dad will provide you with his SOA, then you keep your current DS160 and go with your dad's SOA. No mixing up of the two of them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 7:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Heyyyyyy
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 7:45pm On Nov 19, 2020
Event14:

The money is way more than the amount like more, he's my mum's younger brother so we don't share Same surname,. He'd been supportive throughout my undergrad school, I'm a nurse, I also work with him in his hospital cos he owns one

Alright, i know why i asked if the money is actually enough because your I20 will indicate too. Before i continue, did your school actually indicate the Sponsor's name on your I20 or just 'family'? It's important to know this.

If you truly want to make some changes, if yiur application was submitted less than 30 days ago, you may log on to their site and "retrieve an application."
Open the retrieve app and input the initial ID num, remember your security question and proceed correctly and carefully. After that, submit the application and you'll automatically have a new Confirmation num and the bar code, then print.

But in a case where it's above 30 days and eventually, the application was saved on your PC, then it's going to be another easier step because what you need to do is retrieve the saved application and reupload it back by clicking on "upload an application", but you need to follow the correct steps before getting to "upload an application" box. If you know the folder where you saved your app, then click on "upload data". Effect your new changes (don't forget to save) and submit (try and review first before submitting).
A new bar code and confirmation will be given.

If you try these and nothing shows up, have it in mind that you didn't save your initial application and this'll cause you to fill in a fresh DS160 form.

NOTE: Don't forget to come along with the old and new one for your interview. If the VO demands for the old one, present it or you can just present the two together indicating the old and new
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 7:46pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lifeisforliving:
Hey guys,

I need an answer to this question, if The VO ask if my office is aware of my study plan, how will my response affect their decision?

Will saying yes give me a plus or a minus.

Or can I say * NO*and that I am resigning? Will this lead to a refusal.

@fairheart @lagosismyhome and everyone your views will be highly appreciated

Is your office or your organization sponsoring you? If no, then you have no business with your office
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 7:47pm On Nov 19, 2020
Chonco:

Is your office or your organization sponsoring you? If no, then you have no business with your office

No they are not sponsoring me.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Event14(f): 7:51pm On Nov 19, 2020
Chonco:

Alright, i know why i asked if the money is actually enough because your I20 will indicate too. Before i continue, did your school actually indicate the Sponsor's name on your I20 or just 'family'? It's important to know this.

If you truly want to make some changes, if yiur application was submitted less than 30 days ago, you may log on to their site and "retrieve an application."
Open the retrieve app and input the initial ID num, remember your security question and proceed correctly and carefully. After that, submit the application and you'll automatically have a new Confirmation num and the bar code, then print

My dad's name is also in my i-20. My application is already above 30days.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 7:52pm On Nov 19, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 7:55pm On Nov 19, 2020
Please I have an enterprise account ? Can they deny me coz of it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 7:59pm On Nov 19, 2020
Event14:

if your dad's name is the one on your I-20 then this is a bit complex
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 8:06pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lifeisforliving:
Hey guys,

I need an answer to this question, if The VO ask if my office is aware of my study plan, how will my response affect their decision?

Will saying yes and that I have started documentation for my study leave process give me a plus or a minus?

Or can I say * NO*and that I am resigning? Will this lead to a refusal.

@fairheart @lagosismyhome and everyone your views will be highly appreciated

Then ask for a study leave from your work place, my colleague was denied last year when he was asked if he was resigning and he said no, he had a study leave, the vo asked for it and because he didn’t have it, he was denied.

Immediately he applied again and went for his interview, the new VO asked what changed and why he is here after been denied recently, he gave his reason, and he got his visa. Take everything that you feel will be a hindrance to get that visa please. Goodluck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by benjamina96: 8:10pm On Nov 19, 2020
Dikewilliams:
Please I have an enterprise account ? Can they deny me coz of it
This man... cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by benjamina96: 8:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
Event14:

you'd have to write back to the school & request for a new i20. (All things equal, you can get that within 2days). Fill a new Dsform with your uncles details. Just ensure you're consistent with information provided to avoid unnecessary "shalaye-ing"

#Peace.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 8:15pm On Nov 19, 2020
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 8:43pm On Nov 19, 2020
Waoo.. so sorry, is this Lagos or Abuja pls
Lethhhgooo:
Paid the MRV fee twice. They denied the emergency request still. It's based on the capacity they can handle right now.

They just sent me this

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 8:54pm On Nov 19, 2020
Lifeisforliving:

Thank you. If that is the case I would tell the VO yes and that the office doesn’t grant a study leave and for that reason I am resigning in the meantime but planning to join back after my Program as I believe by then I would have added some specific that will definitely give me an edge in a taking up a higher position in my current work place .

Ok � my guess might be the VO asking how long you have been working with them? The longevity will matter here. Just my guess oooo but you’re reason is valid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kasmalicious: 8:56pm On Nov 19, 2020
F1 and F2 approved, 13th November.

I got to the embassy around past 7am, my interview is scheduled for 11am. I chilled till past 9am, then went towards the gate to join the queue but there was no queue. There were few people, so there was no waiting. Did the necessary biometrics around 9.30am.

VO: Good morning, pass me your passport

Me: Good morning , I passed our passports, he scanned the Ds 160 and asked us to remove mask to verify our faces.

Why are you going to US?
Me: I am a current PhD student of FSU, mathematics department, my area of concentration is Financial maths, VO cuts in

VO: what does your concentration mean, do you do some kind of research
Me: My PhD is mathematics and my research area is in financial maths, where I will work on predictive models for financial risks. I will take my coursework and at the end I will work on my research.

VO: does it use maths and stats
Me: Yes, it uses mathematical and statistical models to ...

VO: when did you start your program ? Tell me about it
Me: I started August 2020, I am registered for 9 credit units, 3 courses, I think I mentioned the course names.
VO: I see you have funding, is it a tuition waiver

Me: Yes I do, my funding covers both my tuition and living expenses.
VO: Asks my husband, what do you do?
Him: I am the CEO of my company. We run a distribution channel for a number of companies...(he continues explaining before the VO cuts in)

VO: What would you be doing in US?
Him: I want to follow them to ensure they settle in to school properly , in a few weeks, I will be back to my work. My business is automated, so I can monitor while in US.

VO: Asks Me? Have you travelled outside of Nigeria.

Me: Yes, I have. South Africa, went for my master's.

VO: Asks Husband? Ever been out of Nigeria before?
Him: No

VO: I am approving your visa, pay reciprocity fee. Congratulations and enjoy Florida

Me: thank you

@zeelady thank you for the encouragement

34 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 9:12pm On Nov 19, 2020
Event14:

Alright, i know why i asked if the money is actually enough because your I20 will indicate too. Okay, someone already suggested you write your school for a new I20.

Since yours is over 30 days, check if the application was saved on your PC, because what you need to do is retrieve the saved application and reupload it back by clicking on upload an application, but you need to follow the correct steps before getting to upload an application box.
If you know the folder where you saved your application, then click on upload data.
Effect your new changes, don't forget to save and submit but try and review first before submitting.

A new bar code and confirmation will be given to you.

If you try these and nothing shows up, have it in mind that you didn't save your initial application and this will cause you to fill in a fresh DS160 form.

Don't forget to come along with the old and new one for your interview. If the VO demands for the old one, present it or you can just present the two together indicating the old and new. I hope this helps.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lifeisforliving: 9:14pm On Nov 19, 2020
Loloking:

Ok � my guess might be the VO asking how long you have been working with them? The longevity will matter here. Just my guess oooo but you’re reason is valid
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Sugarxx: 9:17pm On Nov 19, 2020
Hello guys,

I have a quick question please. My interview is next week and my passport expired July 2020. I am unable to renew the passport as you can’t renew a passport that is valid for up to six months at the time or renewal. Please is this an issue ?

Looking forward to hearing from y’all

Thank you

(1) (2) (3) ... (691) (692) (693) (694) (695) (696) (697) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.