Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,000 members, 7,817,959 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 11:59 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (705) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361090 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Nov 23, 2020
Hannania:
A friend of mine did same once, and was awarded. Be hopeful but Careful next time.
Thanks, I did this for seplat scholarship, and I was not shortlisted yet, and I began to think...
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by zeeLady: 10:52pm On Nov 23, 2020
I am so happy this worked out. No two profiles are the same and that someones husband couldnt get F2 doesnt mean your husband cant get. Congratulations again. Lets toast to this.

kasmalicious:
F1 and F2 approved, 13th November.

I got to the embassy around past 7am, my interview is scheduled for 11am. I chilled till past 9am, then went towards the gate to join the queue but there was no queue. There were few people, so there was no waiting. Did the necessary biometrics around 9.30am.

VO: Good morning, pass me your passport

Me: Good morning , I passed our passports, he scanned the Ds 160 and asked us to remove mask to verify our faces.

Why are you going to US?
Me: I am a current PhD student of FSU, mathematics department, my area of concentration is Financial maths, VO cuts in

VO: what does your concentration mean, do you do some kind of research
Me: My PhD is mathematics and my research area is in financial maths, where I will work on predictive models for financial risks. I will take my coursework and at the end I will work on my research.

VO: does it use maths and stats
Me: Yes, it uses mathematical and statistical models to ...

VO: when did you start your program ? Tell me about it
Me: I started August 2020, I am registered for 9 credit units, 3 courses, I think I mentioned the course names.
VO: I see you have funding, is it a tuition waiver

Me: Yes I do, my funding covers both my tuition and living expenses.
VO: Asks my husband, what do you do?
Him: I am the CEO of my company. We run a distribution channel for a number of companies...(he continues explaining before the VO cuts in)

VO: What would you be doing in US?
Him: I want to follow them to ensure they settle in to school properly , in a few weeks, I will be back to my work. My business is automated, so I can monitor while in US.

VO: Asks Me? Have you travelled outside of Nigeria.

Me: Yes, I have. South Africa, went for my master's.

VO: Asks Husband? Ever been out of Nigeria before?
Him: No

VO: I am approving your visa, pay reciprocity fee. Congratulations and enjoy Florida

Me: thank you

@zeelady thank you for the encouragement

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mayorboi(m): 11:59pm On Nov 23, 2020
Texas A&M University Kingsville does not have a Masters in Petroleum Engineering program. I graduated from here. They have Natural Gas Engineering/ Chemical Engineering or maybe Petrophysics

Maybe saying that you are going for an MSC in Pet Eng when they can clearly see the sch doesn't offer it might be the problem.

seglius:
VISA DENIED.

My Profile :
Chemical engineering with 3.80/5 CGPA, More than 5 years working experiences in natural gas plant, Presently in Dubai working as an assistant engineer in same Natural gas plant.

Got Admission in :
Texas A&M university-Kingsville,
Petroleum engineering
in state tuition: $8000

Bank statement: $60,000
This is my second time to apply this month in Dubai

Transcript

VO: pass me your passport and I-20
Me: passed

VO: pass me your degree certificate and transcript
Me: passed( checking for 1 minutes)

VO: pass me your bank statement
Me: passed ( checking for 1 minutes)

VO: who is sponsoring you and what does she do?
Me: my mother and a real estate developer

VO: why the course:
Me: it will enhance my technical knowledge, learn new skills to improve and increase the production and efficiency of the natural gas in energy industry so after I will come back to take an engineering manager position in my company and also help to develop the efficiency of natural gas production and distribution in Nigeria gas sector.

VO: how much is your salary
Me: 4000 Dirham.

VO: where are you working
Me: working in cloud energy gas as an assistant engineer then I passed him my resident visa.

VO: what is the duration of your course
Me: 23 months and few days

VO: so you will be promoted after the course in your place of work.
Me: yes sir

VO: why the school
Me: the course outline and structure are in Align with my research area, and the department present research is on my research and also the school is equipped with modern engineering equipment like unit operation.

VO: sorry I won’t be approving your visa based on the first interview decision. But you can work hard and apply latter.
He looked at me.

Please house where did I missed it and what can I do?

I am planning to defer my admission for summer then applied in Nigeria.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cutieflaky: 12:46am On Nov 24, 2020
The person who told you that is an enemy of progress and it's a big lie, my passport will expire next month but I have start the renewal process. Where is your location?
quote author=Sugarxx post=96229541]

My interview is on Tuesday. I tried to renew my passport earlier (sometime in August) and I was told that I can’t renew if my passport is not expiring in 6 months... meaning the earliest I can renew is by February 2021 or I claim my passport was stolen. I don’t then know what to do now ��[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhorpsy: 1:42am On Nov 24, 2020
Date- Nov, 09 2020
Location- Lagos
Interview time- 8am
Arrival time- 6am
Status- Approved
Transcript
VO- Good Morning
Me- Good morning
VO- Pass me your Documents….I did
VO- Please remove your mask for identification
Me- I removed it immediately while also smiling
VO- Where are you going to?
Me- I am going to West Virginia State University for my Masters Degree in Biotechnology with a focus on Nutrigenomics
VO- Why this school?
Me- I got a faculty who was willing to take me in whose research interest …..(VO cuts me here)
VO- What is his name
Me- Dr Jonathan
VO- How do you intend to sponsor your program?
Me- I got a scholarship that covers my tuition and I was also given an on campus employment as a graduate teaching assistant.
VO- What do you do presently? ( all these while, the VO was not looking at my face but at this point, he looked up because the question was unexpected and I went mute for some seconds…but thankfully I was able to supply the answer
Me- I work with XYZ fashion. I help to oversee the design processes and monitor the sales ( I said it just the way it is on my DS 160 form. At this point he checked his computer to see if what I was saying correlates with what is on the screen…..it was and he was nodding as I was speaking)
VO- Are you married?
Me- No
VO- Do you have Kids?
Me-No
VO- I intend to approve your visa, go to window 5 and pay your reciprocity fee. Keep your I20……….
Me- Thank you.
Practice as much as you can, but most importantly, do your research and be well informed so you are able to answer questions even if they are outside your transcript.
Be confident. Even if a question is unexpected; answer it with some level of confidence in you.
Please, be familiar with the information you have on your form. Be careful not to say something contrary.
Of course, don’t joke with prayers and your positive confessions.

Thanks

26 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 1:49am On Nov 24, 2020
pleasee state your profile, gre toefl gpa scores.... thansk

Dhorpsy:
Date- Nov, 09 2020
Location- Lagos
Interview time- 8am
Arrival time- 6am
Status- Approved
Transcript
VO- Good Morning
Me- Good morning
VO- Pass me your Documents….I did
VO- Please remove your mask for identification

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by missuzoma: 2:20am On Nov 24, 2020
Etherealbeing:

Also, how did you get the discount?
Someone got ticket to JFK for 234k but in last week of December, same Turkish Airlines
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhorpsy: 7:56am On Nov 24, 2020
NigPatriot:
pleasee state your profile, gre toefl gpa scores.... thansk

TOEFL- 95
GRE- 297

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 8:11am On Nov 24, 2020
Dhorpsy:

TOEFL- 95
GRE- 297

How long did it take you to collect your stamped passport?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by adhel90: 8:42am On Nov 24, 2020
uche06:
Any approvals today share ur transcript

Visa Approved: Abuja
Appointment time 10:15am but got there around 8:30am went in immediately and was interviewed around 9:30am

VO: what are you going to do in the us
How many schools did you choose
I'm going to emporia states University to pursue my masters in physical sciences with concentration in chemistry
I choose Cleveland State, Western illinois and emporia
How did you hear abbt this school
I researched using graduate research site, us news, Princeton review and college news and emporia was among the school I choose
He didn't ask why emporia but I went on to say I choose emporia because I looked up the faculty members and discovered that Prof ******* is currently working on synthesis of biologically active heterocyclic compounds and my research area aligns with this.
I got a conditional promotion from my place of work to quality operations manager role and one of my job functions when I resume is to design drug prototype to combat infectious diseases. So this research will help me meet up this role. Then I said I got a teaching assistanceship with Prof ***** and I will be working with her 12-15hours everyweek
Presented the email from Prof ****. (NB. This did not reflect on my I-20 and I don't have an official letter for it. I only provided the PDF print out of my email correspondence with the lecture and the TA is without funding, was sent in a day before my interview)
He looked at my I-20 and said but you have an in-state tuition waiver where is the letter? I showed him
Who is paying for the deficit? The VO asked.
I told him my aunt Mrs******** she works as a manager in first Bank she manages blabla branch in Victoria island Lagos..she personally gave me this Statement. (Nb...the statement was printed from that branch and had the branch stamp showing boldly on it)
He checked
Then he asked did you get a study leave from your company...I said yes and offered to give the letter
He said it's okay never mind
Then I asked should I tell you more about my program?
He said he's good with all I've said so far and he brought our white paper...pay reciprocity fee. Blablabla
My in-state tuition waiver is $7,900 deficit is $19,040
Statement is about $21000

NB: PRAYER IS KEY...PRAY LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT..then for everypart of your transcript, try to preempt questions that will surface from each answer you give the VO and have documents to back it. Use any opportunity you have to shoot your strong points showing..the importance of your degree program to your current job role or career plan, and also make sure you strong ties to Nigeria..

A Big thank you to Fairheart, Julius and Amaka

27 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bilings4real: 8:46am On Nov 24, 2020
Good Morning Team.

My interview is on the 16th of December, 2020, I rescheduled an emergency interview, i go an email notification that it was approved, but the earliest dates i am seeing on the portal is Marc 2021. My interview is here in abuja, please what should i do as my program start date is on the 11th of January.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bilings4real: 8:49am On Nov 24, 2020
Morning Team.

My husband and I got an msc program into the same university, same course, I was offered a provost scholarship. I have twin girls age 16 months, we all intend to travel with them.

Our interview is slated for next month, on our DS 160 docs, I filled that I am travelling with my two girls as dependents, whilecmy husband indicated that he was travelling alone.

My question is; what should we say during our respective interviews? What are the chance of our visa getting approved if they know we are all travelling for studies?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:06am On Nov 24, 2020
bilings4real:
Morning Team.

My husband and I got an msc program into the same university, same course, I was offered a provost scholarship. I have twin girls age 16 months, we all intend to travel with them.

Our interview is slated for next month, on our DS 160 docs, I filled that I am travelling with my two girls as dependents, whilecmy husband indicated that he was travelling alone.

My question is; what should we say during our respective interviews? What are the chance of our visa getting approved if they know we are all travelling for studies?

There an old post with a link to previous transcript so best to look at previous transcript to have an idea of typical questions asked and prepare for yours . Make sure you have at least 10 to 15 frequently asked, sit down write your own answers and be well prepared, not crammed but prepared . This applies to your husband as well

Nobody can predict any chances.. forget about that statement. It doesnt exist. You prepare well and hope for the best

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by taylorfola: 9:12am On Nov 24, 2020
Denvan:
Hello all, I just paid another MRV fee so I can request another interview date. My current appointment date is way beyond the school resumption date. Do I cancel the current appointment before scheduling a new one or will I be able to without cancelling? Thanks for your replies.

Hello, Was your emergency appointment later approved?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dhorpsy: 10:40am On Nov 24, 2020
Lildairo:

How long did it take you to collect your stamped passport?

It's a week. I received a message from them to come pick it up
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walspring: 11:13am On Nov 24, 2020
gynnie:

Thanks walspring, I tried the process you stated, but I always receive an error message.

Use a laptop or desktop it will work out fine
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Imhans(m): 11:45am On Nov 24, 2020
Good morning all, pls I need an urgent assistant, i paid for sevis last year Nov, and am going for another appointments on any rechedule date. My question is this, do I need to pay for another sevis or is the previous one still active?? Very urgent pls
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by seglius(m): 11:47am On Nov 24, 2020
You are right, going for Natural gas engineering but my I-20 shows petroleum engineering.

Mayorboi:
Texas A&M University Kingsville does not have a Masters in Petroleum Engineering program. I graduated from here. They have Natural Gas Engineering/ Chemical Engineering or maybe Petrophysics

Maybe saying that you are going for an MSC in Pet Eng when they can clearly see the sch doesn't offer it might be the problem.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bigfrancis21: 12:01pm On Nov 24, 2020
Imhans:
Good morning all, pls I need an urgent assistant, i paid for sevis last year Nov, and am going for another appointments on any rechedule date. My question is this, do I need to pay for another sevis or is the previous one still active?? Very urgent pls

Visit www.fmjfee.com, enter your details and see if the previous SEVIS fee payment is still valid/paid. If it is and your current SEVIS number is different, you may request to transfer your SEVIS payment from the previous SEVIS number to the current number. Give it a few days and hope that your request is approved.

December 18 and 21 dates are currently open in Abuja, for those yet to book a date.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 12:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
Please i need help!!!

I tried to make an international payment on the college board website, for the css profile (college scholarship service), then I got to the point of payment of a fee of $16 which I calculated at 400 naira/$1 = 400 x 16 = 6400, while I have 7300 in my account and it says "insufficient funds", while I was going to Gtbank back to back to create an account just to get a Naira MasterCard, i use sterling bank before but they asked me to present international passport or visa before they give me a MasterCard, immediately I got the naira MasterCard I transferred 7300 from my sterling account to the GTbank account. Now it's saying insufficient funds.

Please help

NB: I've activated the ATM card, still don't know what's wrong.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shuayb0(m): 12:05pm On Nov 24, 2020
tosin18:
Congratulations to anyone coming to Lamar University in Spring 2021? Please dm me.

If you are coming to Lamar University and you are yet to visit the embassy. Please dm me.

If you are coming to the College of Business for MBA or MS in MIS. Please dm me.
Hello,

I sent you a pm. Thanks for putting this out. I’m going for MIS this spring.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bigfrancis21: 12:09pm On Nov 24, 2020
Denvan:
Hello all, I just paid another MRV fee so I can request another interview date. My current appointment date is way beyond the school resumption date. Do I cancel the current appointment before scheduling a new one or will I be able to without cancelling? Thanks for your replies.

You can schedule twice per mrv regardless of what you see on the website. Have you scheduled twice before using your previous mrv? If you’ve only used it once you may be able to use it again to get another date, which would be to cancel whatever date you have, start afresh, select Abuja, keep going all the way to the end and if December dates are still available you pick one. If you already used this MRV twice then still cancel this current one, when you get to the page that asks you to enter the MRV, you would need to enter the new MRV as it won’t let you proceed to the calendar date without it. Then you pick your date. Goodluck.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bigfrancis21: 12:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
Curious2020:
Please i need help!!!

I tried to make an international payment on the college board website, for the css profile (college scholarship service), then I got to the point of payment of a fee of $16 which I calculated at 400 naira/$1 = 400 x 16 = 6400, while I have 7300 in my account and it says "insufficient funds", while I was going to Gtbank back to back to create an account just to get a Naira MasterCard, i use sterling bank before but they asked me to present international passport or visa before they give me a MasterCard, immediately I got the naira MasterCard I transferred 7300 from my sterling account to the GTbank account. Now it's saying insufficient funds.

Please help

NB: I've activated the ATM card, still don't know what's wrong.

Why don’t you add more money to your account and see if it goes? The exchange rate being used here by the bank might actually be higher than you think.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Curious2020: 12:16pm On Nov 24, 2020
bigfrancis21:

Why don’t you add more money to your account and see if it goes? The exchange rate being used here by the bank might actually be higher than you think.
Thanks maybe I should add 1k more
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 12:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
More transcript pls.. share
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ftos: 12:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
Behold everyone...
December and January dates are currently available in ABUJA

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Imhans(m): 12:38pm On Nov 24, 2020
Thanks a million. Is still very valid .just want to know if it will still be valid till the appointment date
bigfrancis21:

Visit www.fmjfee.com, enter your details and see if the previous SEVIS fee payment is still valid/paid. If it is and your current SEVIS number is different, you may request to transfer your SEVIS payment from the previous SEVIS number to the current number. Give it a few days and hope that your request is approved.

December 18 and 21 dates are currently open in Abuja, for those yet to book a date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 12:47pm On Nov 24, 2020
Ftos:
Behold everyone...
December and January dates are currently available in ABUJA
I couldn't find any o
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrBammy: 12:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
Please Fam, my wife just got denied of the emergency appointment in Lagos, she’s supposed to resume to school by January 2021. Please What could have gone wrong? Can she reapply for the emergency appointment? Thank you as I awaits your response.

Please I need an urgent response. God bless you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Asguard: 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2020
adhel90:

Visa Approved: Abuja
Appointment time 10:15am but got there around 8:30am went in immediately and was interviewed around 9:30am

VO: what are you going to do in the us
How many schools did you choose
I'm going to emporia states University to pursue my masters in physical sciences with concentration in chemistry
I choose Cleveland State, Western illinois and emporia
How did you hear abbt this school
I researched using graduate research site, us news, Princeton review and college news and emporia was among the school I choose
He didn't ask why emporia but I went on to say I choose emporia because I looked up the faculty members and discovered that Prof ******* is currently working on synthesis of biologically active heterocyclic compounds and my research area aligns with this.
I got a conditional promotion from my place of work to quality operations manager role and one of my job functions when I resume is to design drug prototype to combat infectious diseases. So this research will help me meet up this role. Then I said I got a teaching assistanceship with Prof ***** and I will be working with her 12-15hours everyweek
Presented the email from Prof ****. (NB. This did not reflect on my I-20 and I don't have an official letter for it. I only provided the PDF print out of my email correspondence with the lecture and the TA is without funding, was sent in a day before my interview)
He looked at my I-20 and said but you have an in-state tuition waiver where is the letter? I showed him
Who is paying for the deficit? The VO asked.
I told him my aunt Mrs******** she works as a manager in first Bank she manages blabla branch in Victoria island Lagos..she personally gave me this Statement. (Nb...the statement was printed from that branch and had the branch stamp showing boldly on it)
He checked
Then he asked did you get a study leave from your company...I said yes and offered to give the letter
He said it's okay never mind
Then I asked should I tell you more about my program?
He said he's good with all I've said so far and he brought our white paper...pay reciprocity fee. Blablabla
My in-state tuition waiver is $7,900 deficit is $19,040
Statement is about $21000

NB: PRAYER IS KEY...PRAY LIKE YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT..then for everypart of your transcript, try to preempt questions that will surface from each answer you give the VO and have documents to back it. Use any opportunity you have to shoot your strong points showing..the importance of your degree program to your current job role or career plan, and also make sure you strong ties to Nigeria..

A Big thank you to Fairheart, Julius and Amaka
A big congratulations to you my friend. It is a well deserved one.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 1:16pm On Nov 24, 2020
Where do you stay you have to go to Turkish airlines office, if it's emirates put STUDENT as coupon at checkout
Etherealbeing:

Also, how did you get the discount?

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (702) (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.