Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,704 members, 7,816,884 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 07:23 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (706) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1360396 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 1:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
Yeah don't you know you can book for another connecting flight e.g american airlines. Just arrive at a main airport near your state like jfk, ewr, boston, texas(iah), washington (iad), e.t.c. Booking those flights to those destinations are very cheap, then book another connecting flight or book a train via amtrak, or take a bus via greyhound, mega bus, Peter pan e.t.c to your final destination.

This just like a travel hack to save money. For those that have enough can book their flight straight to their destination.
Cheers
kasmalicious:

It seems they don't go to some US destinations

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by taylorfola: 1:26pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hello everyone,
Please I just paid another Visa fee to apply for emergency appointment in lagos. How would I go about it.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by osadestiny: 1:35pm On Nov 24, 2020
My people please can one be able to transfer his sevis payment to another school that already sent him his I-20. Is it possible to do that because he wouldn’t be going to the previous one again so he need to apply for visa now but he already paid the sevis payment using the previous school I-20 number and school name.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by MrBammy: 1:46pm On Nov 24, 2020
MrBammy:
Please Fam, my wife just got denied of the emergency appointment in Lagos, she’s supposed to resume to school by January 2021. Please What could have gone wrong? Can she reapply for the emergency appointment? Thank you as I awaits your response.

Please I need an urgent response. God bless you all
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 1:58pm On Nov 24, 2020
osadestiny:
My people please can one be able to transfer his sevis payment to another school that already sent him his I-20. Is it possible to do that because he wouldn’t be going to the previous one again so he need to apply for visa now but he already paid the sevis payment using the previous school I-20 number and school name.

Yes you can.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by GeoOla25(m): 1:59pm On Nov 24, 2020
taylorfola:
Hello everyone,
Please I just paid another Visa fee to apply for emergency appointment in lagos. How would I go about it.
Don’t apply for emergency in Lagos!... Lagos seems filled up

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by caneberry: 2:04pm On Nov 24, 2020
taylorfola:
Hello everyone,
Dont try it o. Push for abuja and not lagos. I got denied for emergency appointment today, I quickly canceled and chose abuja. was lucky to see december dates.

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
Did anyone that was previously denied able to pick a date in Abuja today?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by edox15: 2:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
caneberry:
Dont try it o. Push for abuja and not lagos. I got denied for emergency appointment today, I quickly canceled and chose abuja. was lucky to see december dates.
How about those who got denied once. Should we only try Abuja for expedited appointments ?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Teshoma1111: 2:43pm On Nov 24, 2020
Legit215:
Where do you stay you have to go to Turkish airlines office, if it's emirates put STUDENT as coupon at checkout

Please where did you see 370k on Turkish? Kindly assist. I was seeing 420 but now its as high as 560k.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by chilynda: 3:08pm On Nov 24, 2020
Friedpotato:
Did anyone that was previously denied able to pick a date in Abuja today?
It is showing March for previously refused
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 3:11pm On Nov 24, 2020
dude choose abj, i repeat choose abuja, e get why.
taylorfola:
Hello everyone,
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bayocanny: 3:22pm On Nov 24, 2020
Application fee waiver!
Lipscomb University, Tennessee.
The waiver codes is GRAD21

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 3:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
hello guys my interview is days away, will appreciate it if i could get a mock interview by the pros on this platform. @ walspring @fairheart et al. biko. make una reason una boi.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by taylorfola: 3:50pm On Nov 24, 2020
caneberry:

Thank you for this information. I just booked for January in abuja.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by caneberry: 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
edox15:

How about those who got denied once. Should we only try Abuja for expedited appointments ?
it might be different. Heard dates are from March. But be hopeful and watchful
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Alistervibes: 4:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
Is it your first application for this spring
taylorfola:

Thank you for this information. I just booked for January in abuja.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Babatill2023: 4:23pm On Nov 24, 2020
Teshoma1111:

Please where did you see 370k on Turkish? Kindly assist. I was seeing 420 but now its as high as 560k.
Use wakanow.com

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Teshoma1111: 4:36pm On Nov 24, 2020
Babatill2023:
Use wakanow.com

Okay
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Babatill2023: 4:39pm On Nov 24, 2020
Teshoma1111:

Okay
Another reason might be you booking round trip ticket. Try one-way ticket
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Misterdhee1(m): 4:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
Teshoma1111:

Okay
You should even see 295k from Abj to Washington on the wakanow website (Black Friday Deal). Best of luck

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by taylorfola: 5:41pm On Nov 24, 2020
Alistervibes:
Is it your first application for this spring

Yes this is my first application.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by vc1177(m): 5:42pm On Nov 24, 2020
osadestiny:
I think that move is possible based on some conditions. Please check this link and scroll down to this heading "How can I-901 SEVIS Fee paid on one SEVIS ID be moved to another SEVIS ID?" https://www.ice.gov/sevis/i901/faq
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by bigfrancis21: 6:13pm On Nov 24, 2020
For those currently booked at Lagos with a far out date trying to reschedule to Abuja for a closer date, you DO NOT have to pay another MRV fee IF YOU ONLY SCHEDULED ONCE BEFORE USING YOUR CURRENT MRV. You are allowed a maximum of TWO SCHEDULINGS PER MRV on the website. That is, if you already picked a date at Lagos just once before and requested an emergency appointment but it was denied, YOU CAN CANCEL that appointment, start afresh, select Abuja as your interview post and book a date at Abuja with that same MRV (which would be your second and final scheduling). Please ignore the message that you see on there, 'If you cancel this appointment you will not be able to book another appointment and you will have to pay another MRV fee...'. This message applies only to those who have scheduled twice already per MRV. If you cancel an appointment after scheduling twice, that MRV is voided and then you would have to make another MRV payment.

I have seen some people make another unnecessary MRV payment when they still have one more scheduling attempt left on the previous MRV payment.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Molly90(f): 6:50pm On Nov 24, 2020
Quite a number of schools are waiving GRE even for Engineering programs. Also I notice it's easier getting full funding for chemical engineering programs. Check University of Alabama Tuscaloosa. Do your research on different schools and apply early as deadlines are fast approaching.

seglius:
I had gre but 289. low score base on work load here. no time but no reason to justify fail
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Loloking: 6:59pm On Nov 24, 2020
seglius:
VISA DENIED.

My Profile :
Chemical engineering with 3.80/5 CGPA, More than 5 years working experiences in natural gas plant, Presently in Dubai working as an assistant engineer in same Natural gas plant.

Got Admission in :
Texas A&M university-Kingsville,
Petroleum engineering
in state tuition: $8000

Bank statement: $60,000
This is my second time to apply this month in Dubai

Transcript

VO: pass me your passport and I-20
Me: passed

VO: pass me your degree certificate and transcript
Me: passed( checking for 1 minutes)

VO: pass me your bank statement
Me: passed ( checking for 1 minutes)

VO: who is sponsoring you and what does she do?
Me: my mother and a real estate developer

VO: why the course:
Me: it will enhance my technical knowledge, learn new skills to improve and increase the production and efficiency of the natural gas in energy industry so after I will come back to take an engineering manager position in my company and also help to develop the efficiency of natural gas production and distribution in Nigeria gas sector.

VO: how much is your salary
Me: 4000 Dirham.

VO: where are you working
Me: working in cloud energy gas as an assistant engineer then I passed him my resident visa.

VO: what is the duration of your course
Me: 23 months and few days

VO: so you will be promoted after the course in your place of work.
Me: yes sir

VO: why the school
Me: the course outline and structure are in Align with my research area, and the department present research is on my research and also the school is equipped with modern engineering equipment like unit operation.

VO: sorry I won’t be approving your visa based on the first interview decision. But you can work hard and apply latter.
He looked at me.

Please house where did I missed it and what can I do?

I am planning to defer my admission for summer then applied in Nigeria.

Na wa what happened in your first interview that this VO based your denial on that . This is crazy. Then still went ahead to say work hard and try latter. Which means apply more so we can enjoy your money. Hian

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 7:06pm On Nov 24, 2020
Hi bigFrancis21,

I have only scheduled once (April 5th, 2021) but have been denied twice for expedited appointment. This appointment is for a family of 6 and worried if I cancel this one and have to pay another MRV (370k).

Pls closer date in December is desired but hope this will work?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by taylorfola: 7:52pm On Nov 24, 2020
bigfrancis21:
For those currently booked at Lagos with a far out date trying to reschedule to Abuja for a closer date, you DO NOT have to pay another MRV fee IF YOU ONLY SCHEDULED ONCE BEFORE USING YOUR CURRENT MRV. You are allowed a maximum of TWO SCHEDULINGS PER MRV on the website. That is, if you already picked a date at Lagos just once before and requested an emergency appointment but it was denied, YOU CAN CANCEL that appointment, start afresh, select Abuja as your interview post and book a date at Abuja with that same MRV (which would be your second and final scheduling). Please ignore the message that you see on there, 'If you cancel this appointment you will not be able to book another appointment and you will have to pay another MRV fee...'. This message applies only to those who have scheduled twice already per MRV. If you cancel an appointment after scheduling twice, that MRV is voided and then you would have to make another MRV payment.

I have seen some people make another unnecessary MRV payment when they still have one more scheduling attempt left on the previous MRV payment.

Hey,
I already scheduled abuja with my first MRV fee, the question now is since I already paid for another MRV fee can I create a new profile with that and schedule an emergency appointment for lagos then if that get denied again I would still have my abuja appointment has backup. Can this be done?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by SeunTol: 8:10pm On Nov 24, 2020
taylorfola:

Hey,
I already scheduled abuja with my first MRV fee, the question now is since I already paid for another MRV fee can I create a new profile with that and schedule an emergency appointment for lagos then if that get denied again I would still have my abuja appointment has backup. Can this be done?

I had once asked the U.S embassy in Lagos this same question, and I was told that creating a different account will cause conflict, that is, passport information duplicate error.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by taylorfola: 8:12pm On Nov 24, 2020
SeunTol:

I had once asked the U.S embassy in Lagos this same question, and I was told that creating a different account will cause conflict, that is, passport information duplicate error.

Okay thank you for this
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by lawali: 8:15pm On Nov 24, 2020
lawali:
Hi bigFrancis21,

I have only scheduled once (April 5th, 2021) but have been denied twice for expedited appointment. This appointment is for a family of 6 and worried if I cancel this one and have to pay another MRV (370k).

Pls closer date in December is desired but hope this will work?

BigFrancis21,

This appointment thing tire me. I summoned courage and cancel my Lagos appointment and try Abuja. I can’t see Dec/Jan dates again but March 15.

I tried to check available date with new profile without populating other 5 dependents and can still see January 6th .

Am I missing something? Pls I need help. Thanks

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Cocao(f): 8:19pm On Nov 24, 2020
To be honest, I can see a lot of desperate acts leading people to even more compounding problems. If you are looking for appointment dates, instead of moving from one location to another, just chill. Check the platform at night, join groups with people of like mind, keep your ear to the ground, watch and pray. Don't let your perceived urgency cause you to spend unnecessarily without even getting solutions. I know tempers are high and I understand, but just strategize and chill.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (703) (704) (705) (706) (707) (708) (709) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.