Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,907 members, 7,814,068 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 05:15 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (723) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1358334 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morgang(m): 9:35am On Dec 04, 2020
pompeiimagnus:

I think you can use your naira debit card (especially Mastercard). Though the exchange rate would depend on the bank, and their monthly limits. If you already have USD in a domiciliary account, you can use the debit card too.

This is really helpful. God bless you for this. I’ll give it a try.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 9:37am On Dec 04, 2020
Anyone in Connecticut

And which airline doesn’t insist on covid test
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by morgang(m): 9:42am On Dec 04, 2020
Eenduranceee:

Hi bro, thanks for writing back. I have actually thought about Airbnb. Spending more than $150 for the three nights is a big luxury for me honestly. I'm not too boxed up and trying as much as possible to reduce cost, my reason for posting here. I know if I can't get anyone to help, I might end up going with it. But I'm hoping someone comes to the rescue. Its not easy, and expenses keeps coming up.

Thanks for your reply still.

Oh well! One thing I learn about this yankee life is, every man for himself kinda thing. Prior my application and admissions, I tend to have that in mind and it really shaped my mentality. I understand how tough finances are hard to come by. If you have any friend from other states aside Texas, you can as well stay with him/her pending your move-in date.

I guess it’s very hard for someone to accommodate strangers over there. I’m equally naive just like you are, but I would rather use my last penny to secure a temporal stay than to be at mercy of anyone.

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by rhosaacical: 9:44am On Dec 04, 2020
OFAB:
Hello Everyone.

I need suggestion of universities in U.S.A and Canada that can accommodate a person with
1) 2.87 CGPA
2) TOEFL : 100
3) GRE: Verbal: 146 (28 percentile)
Quantitative: 142 ( 11 percentile)
Analytical: 3.0 (14 percentile)

and also opportunity of sponsorship/funding.

I have a background in Biochemistry and I am interested in any Biological science related courses.

Thanks all in advance.

Hi, (for the US)
Have you tried perusing graduate program web pages for those programs you're interested in?
You might find out that you do not need the GRE to apply. Actually 90per of programs I've come in touch with in the biological and biomedical sciences either do not require the GRE test or have made it optional. Though some of this programs are in the higher end and are competitive.

Your GPA might raise an eyebrow, nevertheless try reaching out to graduate program directors. If you have a peer reviewed research publications or conference presentations, or a very good laboratory experience you could leverage on that, Faculties might still encourage you to apply. Hopefully you did alright in your last 48 credit hours of courses in undergraduate that are relevant to your intended graduate program.

GRE should never be a deterrent to applying to any graduate program (at least in the biological and medical sciences) unless an explicitly stated minimum score is required by the graduate program (and even at that still reach out to them if you are really interested).

P. S most (if not all) PhD programs in STEM disciplines are fully funded (if funding is a concern)
This cannot be said regarding a masters program. You can try applying to some PhD programs, but never apply to a PhD program for the sole reason of getting funding.

Best

5 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Damizy233: 1:20pm On Dec 04, 2020
Damizy233:
Kindly enlighten me on this
My Us student interview date was change to January 27 and school resume January 17.... please what is the way forward I don’t know what to do... am just crying

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Humphman: 1:25pm On Dec 04, 2020
Amen!!! L
I did at Lagos.

4hranc:
Congratulations on you visa approval. God that did yours will surely do ours.
Please where did you have your interview? Lagos or Abuja?

I love your response to why this school?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Humphman: 1:27pm On Dec 04, 2020
Yes

Youngstown:

Can someone please help with this. Can I use the same passport photograph I used for my visa application in November to reapply in December?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CaptainMarvell: 1:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
Same here cry
Mine was rescheduled from Dec 9 to January 25th. My own problem now is that I was able to take online classes for Fall semester and now I must be in campus by January 11th for spring semester in person. The embassy has rescheduled my appointment twice now, so I can't even change my location to Abuja, if not another MRV fee; and I saw December 14 for Abuja few hours ago. - embarassed . I've not even ever had an appointment before. I've called like 10 times now, the Americans all said that there are no earlier dates in Lagos. The Nigerian lady that picked for Abuja even lied and rudely said that Abuja embassy isn't open.
Damizy233:
Damizy233:
Kindly enlighten me on this
My Us student interview date was change to January 27 and school resume January 17.... please what is the way forward I don’t know what to do... am just crying

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by castledaniels: 1:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
Pls gurus in the house. Pls I need your help. My school starts 11th of next month and my December appointment was cancelled till 15 January. I wanna ask can I cancel Lagos and book emergency appointment in Abuja. I really need this information pls.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 2:29pm On Dec 04, 2020
castledaniels:
Pls gurus in the house. Pls I need your help. My school starts 11th of next month and my December appointment was cancelled till 15 January. I wanna ask can I cancel Lagos and book emergency appointment in Abuja. I really need this information pls.

Write your school first and see if you can get an extension.
Don't cancel anything.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 2:51pm On Dec 04, 2020
segunbolawole:
wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink wink grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin cheesy cheesy cheesy
This made me laugh...

Hope in the face of difficulty.
Hope in the face of uncertainty.
The audacity of hope!

Courtesy: Barack Obama

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 3:43pm On Dec 04, 2020
Emergency date approved, but can't reschedule. It's showing "Your group size larger than the current allocation".

Anyone facing the same issue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 3:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
I actually know two people there, but when.... If na airbnb make you do. Na all man for himself for this way. It's kinda sad, but to accommodate strangers isn't a thing here. Also reach out to your international office to seek a place to "quarantine"!

Eenduranceee:
Hi guys,

Congratulations to all those who got their visa approved already and favour to those still going. Please I need help my people.

I will be flying to Texas Tech University after Christmas, I'm in search of where to stay for 3nights before moving to my apartment. I have tried to mail the apartment about moving in earlier, but they told me there's nothing they can do, and I will have to look for where to stay for d few nights before my move in date.

Please if you are in TTU or knows someone there that can help a poor brother, kindly assist. Only for three nights, and they don't have to worry about feeding me, just where to sleep.

Help a brother
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CaptainMarvell: 3:50pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lagos or Abuja?

ponpon:
Emergency date approved, but can't reschedule. It's showing "Your group size larger than the current allocation".

Anyone facing the same issue?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ponpon(m): 4:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lagos
CaptainMarvell:
Lagos or Abuja?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 4:26pm On Dec 04, 2020
ponpon:
Lagos

That's lagos's slogan.

Please who knows of I could get December earlier dates in Abuja. This Lagos January date is a long thing jare.

Abuja folks, how is it going at your end? E fun wa ni dates na
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DoHopeAndTrust: 6:23pm On Dec 04, 2020
Emeritusseun:

That's lagos's slogan.

Please who knows of I could get December earlier dates in Abuja. This Lagos January date is a long thing jare.

Abuja folks, how is it going at your end? E fun wa ni dates na

You will have to start afresh to pay the fee and fill the DS-160 form.
Again, you're not guaranteed finding a date after you're done with all those.
Just chill first.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by izban: 8:15pm On Dec 04, 2020
Fact!!!
Jaytee116:

Good point!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Paragontek: 8:36pm On Dec 04, 2020
DoHopeAndTrust:

You will have to start afresh to pay the fee and fill the DS-160 form.
Again, you're not guaranteed finding a date after you're done with all those.
Just chill first.
He mustn't fill a new ds160 form.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by izban: 8:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
Which of the guys interviewed you because that black dude was definitely not smiling! Nigerians are always somehow to themselves.
Jaytee116:

Visa approved
US Consulate, Abuja
Dec 2nd 2020
8:30

No GRE/TOEFL etc nothing
MSC Computer Science
Financial Aid Covers 22k
Deficit 5k

The whole thing was so easy, no queues nothing, everybody was calm and friendly. I also noticed almost all the people who were there at the time i was, got their visa's approved.

Here goes
Me : Good morning
V.O: Good morning, how are you ?
Me: Good good... how are you ?
VO: Good thank you...
Me: *Slip my documents under the window*
VO: *starts typing and looking at his screen* (i think this was the time he made up his mind)
V.O: How did you find this school ?
Me: I googled for schools that fall into my spec...
V.O: Alright
V.O: *Types more....*
V.O: Who is funding ?
Me: Ill be funding the program myself
V.O: What do you do for a living ?
Me: I am a software engineer working remotely with XYZ company
VO: Did you apply to any other school ?
Me: Yup...
VO: Which ?
Me: Georgia Institute Of Technology
VO: Alright, i intend to approve your visa, goto booth 5 and pay your .....

The whole thing was so easy.... no other document was requested...all my statement of account etc were not requested...
I think Abuja Consulate is the real deal... this was my first attempt.... The environment was calm and relaxed... i definitely advise people to apply via abuja, from the horror stories i hear from lagos...

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 8:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
The black guy should be a black american
izban:
Which of the guys interviewed you because that black dude was definitely not smiling! Nigerians are always somehow to themselves.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shadestar: 9:08pm On Dec 04, 2020
Good evening everyone
I am new here and Ofcourse a silent reader.my appointment was rescheduled twice from 7th of December to 21st January. I plan applying for emergency appointment. What do you think, my school resume 11th January. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Shadestar: 9:12pm On Dec 04, 2020
LagosismyHome:

Hope in the face of difficulty.
Hope in the face of uncertainty.
The audacity of hope!

Courtesy: Barack Obama
Please, Did you fill all the five documents, if yes what are the required documents
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by charger247: 9:25pm On Dec 04, 2020
Very good school. I recommend it.
Dikewilliams:
Is university of new haven a good school to deal with
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LagosismyHome(f): 9:42pm On Dec 04, 2020
Shadestar:

Please, Did you fill all the five documents, if yes what are the required documents

What five documents or what required documents..... I have no clue
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tomison(m): 10:16pm On Dec 04, 2020
Hello guys, please how do I pay sevis fee?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 10:33pm On Dec 04, 2020
Tomison:
Hello guys, please how do I pay sevis fee?
If you have someone that lives in the US, fine.
If you can go to seme border, Fine.
If you can contact either Walspring or Fairheart, fine (not people you think are Walspring/Fairheart).

Cheers!
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tomison(m): 10:45pm On Dec 04, 2020
Chonco:

If you can contact either Walspring or Fairheart, fine (not people you think are Walspring/Fairheart).

Cheers!

I do have someone in America so how does he pay it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phori: 10:48pm On Dec 04, 2020
If Itz abj consulate, u stand a good chance with an emergency interview, if Itz Lagos, you just gotta pray about it..

More so, if you have not rescheduled before, u can change ur appointment to abj and then apply for emergency.. donno if this will help.

Shadestar:
Good evening everyone
I am new here and Ofcourse a silent reader.my appointment was rescheduled twice from 7th of December to 21st January. I plan applying for emergency appointment. What do you think, my school resume 11th January. Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tomison(m): 11:03pm On Dec 04, 2020
Chonco:

Cheers!

Thanks nvm I have done it
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by charger247: 11:12pm On Dec 04, 2020
I'm in Connecticut, not all airline insist on report, some of them rather screen you themselves before boarding. Check airline covid 19 requirements.
Dikewilliams:
Anyone in Connecticut

And which airline doesn’t insist on covid test
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NkemR: 11:28pm On Dec 04, 2020
Lethhhgooo:
Unfortunately, there's nothing you can do about it. Just reach out to your school and inform them. My school has given me till Feb 2nd to resume campus. The semester starts Jan 12th and my interview was moved to Jan 15th so I'd probably miss early registration and some classes but what can mans do? We just gotta roll with it.

Please which school are you going to

(1) (2) (3) ... (720) (721) (722) (723) (724) (725) (726) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.