Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,624 members, 7,809,298 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:27 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (734) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1355956 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 1:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Visa Interview transcript:
Mine is quite different from the typical transcripts. Let me say it exactly as it was
Interview date: 11th December 2020. 8 am. I left my hotel room probably by 7 a.m and trekked to the US consular office in Lagos. It was just a 5mins walk. I did that to calm my self. I was probably the 15th person interviewed today(Not sure but people had already queued up inside).

V.O: Good morning
Me: Good morning

VO: Pass me your i-20 and passport, please
Me: (I did)

VO: Place your fingers on the fingerprint reader

VO: (typing on his computer. After some seconds). How was China?
Me: fine

V.O: (keeps typing) so, you were there when the pandemic started?
Me: yes

VO: Yeah I understand. it was quite a terrible situation I guess.
Someone came into his office and they discussed. He left for 2 mins.

VO: Sorry for that
Me: No problem

VO: Doctorate right?

VO: Good for you. (keeps typing). Okay, I am going to be approving your Visa. (Then the rest was history).
(Gives me white paper). Have a pleasant trip and merry Christmas.

Me: Thank you (I walked gracefully. It can only be God).

I don't think any student was denied today. It was only one Visa officer present today and he was very nice. I think my interview was probably the fastest. I wasn't asked the typical 'where will you be going and what will you be studying question'. Although I had full funding. God is good.

I am not a frequent posted and I think it may be my second post but I valued the information I got from this trend. Thank you and God bless.

If your emergency appointment was approved. Please keep checking. You might see a date.

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LouisN: 1:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
[Congratulations dear..........quote author=Inzaghi04 post=96961946]Visa Interview transcript:
Mine is quite different from the typical transcripts. Let me say it exactly as it was
Interview date: 11th December 2020. 8 am. I left my hotel room probably by 7 a.m and trekked to the US consular office in Lagos. It was just a 5mins walk. I did that to calm my self. I was probably the 15th person interviewed today(Not sure but people had already queued up inside).

VO: Good for you. (keeps typing). Okay, I am going to be approving your Visa. (Then the rest was history).

I don't think any student was denied today. It was only one Visa officer present today and he was very nice. I think my interview was probably the fastest. I wasn't asked the typical 'where will you be going and what will you be studying question'. Although I had full funding. God is good.

I am not a frequent posted and I think it may be my second post but I valued the information I got from this trend. Thank you and God bless.

If your emergency appointment was approved. Please keep checking. You might see a date.[/quote]
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 2:34pm On Dec 11, 2020
Congrats bro. I'm happy for you; What is the Name of the Hotel u lodge that was close to the Embassy?

Inzaghi04:

If your emergency appointment was approved. Please keep checking. You might see a date.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 2:44pm On Dec 11, 2020
Inzaghi04:

GRACE FOUND YOU.
Congrats.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Omololaeni(f): 2:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
Amahjosh:
Please I have my Interview in Abuja Embassy on Wednesday next week please I need any good moderate hotel I can check for just 2 nights before going back to my base; I will be coming down from Anambra and I am also open for mock interview from the gurus in the house.

Cc FaintHeart and the Bosses

Tell a cab to take you to Pride mark Hotel at 12 Borno street, Area 10 Abuja. The hotel is on the street Opposite Old parade ground Area 10. You can walk down to the embassy from there. A night is 12k but you can negotiate with them. I wish you all the best

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Inzaghi04: 3:02pm On Dec 11, 2020
Amahjosh:
Congrats bro. I'm happy for you; What is the Name of the Hotel u lodge that was close to the Embassy?

Its called DEMLIS hotel. It is inside the Federal Civil service club along Awolowo road. Its like 5 mins walk from the embassy or you can enter bike. pay within 100 to 200 naira.
The hotel wasn't really the best experience compared to the price (9500 for the cheapest room(The rooms were small and water kept dripping in the restroom. Maybe I wasn't lucky with the rooms. At a point, the electricity went off and the generator set was being serviced. i endured 4 hours of sweating in my room. Although the hotel people apologized.)) but it just a place to lay your head. It's okay though. The food was Okay and cheap. it ranges from 500 naira to 700 naira. You can also ask if there is a cheaper option but I guess Demlis is safe because I saw a lot of military guys moving around that area. The proximity is a good thing (Lagos US embassy)

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by wahabaa: 3:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
[quote author=KushCollectible post=96961578][/quote]

To confirm, immediately, I went through the application again and indeed I was not asked if previously denied or regular. All that was asked was nonimmigrant, location, visa type, my profile, payment and date selection. That was all.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Meekun: 4:13pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hi Guys,
Please is there anyone applying for a graduate program at North Carolina A&T State University for next year fall 2021 precisely.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majorstark: 4:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
All this VISA APPROVE just dey sweeten my belley.

grin grin grin

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Meekun: 5:23pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please guys how can my transcript to sent to wes?

Urgent response please help out.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 5:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
Meekun:
Please guys how can my transcript to sent to wes?

Urgent response please help out.

Depends on the school you finished from. Most courier services around campus are familiar with the procedure already. Just go to school and meet the UPS/DHL guys. They will collect the transcript on your behalf and send to wes - with your application number and other details.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by CaptainMarvell: 5:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Visa Approved at Lagos today.
BSc: Creative Writing.
It was only one V.O today and interviews were painfully slow but it was definitely for the best.

Me: Good Morning
V.O: Good Morning, let's take your Biometrics.
(The VO picked up my I-20 and said Speedman College? Great school....He looked at the I-20 again and said "wow!! Creative Writing! That stands out)

V.O: You left highschool since 2014, that's six years. What have you been doing?

Me: (starts narrating...at first, I was talking in the rubbish before I regained myself) I told him how I had to take time off to do some soul searching because I didn't want to study Engineering or Medicine that everyone studied....(Stops typing to listen to me after apologizing for not being able to understand my accent so easily. I couldn't even hear him at some point too, so he had to remove his mask to talk briefly and turn on the mic)....So I volunteered at an NGO for 3 years, started working on my college application in 2018 but ddnt get decent Scholarship offers for fall 2019, so I had to work towards fall 2020. I taught at a nursery School from September 2019 to March 2020 before the pandemic and lockdown. Then I started taking my classes online for fall 2020.

V.O: Oh wow! You didn't want to do what your friends and other people were doing! You are a non-comformist (with a thumbs up)

Me: (just smiling sheepishly)
V.O: What do your parents do?
Me: Dad is an Engineer.
V.O: Do your parents approve of creative writing?
Me: Not really, they feel it's not lucrative.
V.O: Lemme tell you something, my dad was a technical writer, so tell your parents that they shouldn't be worried. As long as you are a good writer, you would get a good job anywhere. (Sorry my computer has been really slow today).
V.O: How many siblings do you have?
Me: I answered.
V.O: So what did the eldest study?
Me: Studied something related to medicine.
V.O: (Shouting and laughing) Oh! The sciences again!

V.O: Congratulations. Merry Christmas. You would need your I-20 at POE.

Me: Thank you. Merry Christmas. When can I pick up my passport?

V.O: Oh don't worry, after a couple of days.

Omoooo

53 Likes 2 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ZionSpecie(m): 6:57pm On Dec 11, 2020
Swerveking14:
One year later I’m here and I get chills seeing guys smashing approved visa “Congrats”....Who is coming to Minnesota oooooo...make me sef return the favor in a little way
Hello bro. I have sent you a PM.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Dikewilliams: 7:00pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please who is in Connecticut or going there
Buzz me please
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 8:35pm On Dec 11, 2020
CaptainMarvell:
Visa Approved at Lagos today.
BSc: Creative Writing.
It was only one V.O today and interviews were painfully slow but it was definitely for the best.

CONGRATS.
Today has been a good day. We return all Glory to God.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 9:04pm On Dec 11, 2020
Inzaghi04:

WAW!!

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ocpaschal: 9:16pm On Dec 11, 2020
Hello room! Pls I want to make a very important and urgent enquiry on behalf of my brother concerning applying for American work visa while in Ukraine in order to work as a doctor in USA. My brother is studying medicine in Ukraine with the purpose of becoming a doctor. He will complete his medicine course in 2021. Knowing that my brother has not yet been certified within Ukraine after graduation, is it possible for him to get a USA work visa in Ukraine and travel direct to America and get certified in USA (thru due process) with d main aim of working as a certified medical doctor in America?
If this is possible, what then are the necessary conditions for my brother to take to get certified in America in order to work as a medical doctor in USA?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Swerveking14: 10:37pm On Dec 11, 2020
Check ur mail
ZionSpecie:

Hello bro. I have sent you a PM.
Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DoHopeAndTrust: 1:17am On Dec 12, 2020
Congrats to all those that got their Visas approved recently!!
Keep soaring guys..

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DoHopeAndTrust: 1:21am On Dec 12, 2020
Concerning accommodation, will any male student be resuming in any school within Richmond in Virginia?
Richmond is the capital of Virginia and hosts lots of universities and colleges.
If anyone will be resuming there later this month or early January, you can send me a DM.

Congrats, all the very best guys!!

3 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by pompeiimagnus: 3:14am On Dec 12, 2020
ocpaschal:
Hello room!
If this is possible, what then are the necessary conditions for my brother to take to get certified in America in order to work as a medical doctor in USA?

This might be helpful to your Bro:
https://www.ama-assn.org/education/international-medical-education/practicing-medicine-us-international-medical-graduate
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 5:47am On Dec 12, 2020
Inzaghi04:

Congratulations bro, I tap from this. Simple and easy. It can only be God at work. God favour will follow you through as you move on in life to another land.

God let your favour locate me and everyone that trust in God.. .

The fastest transcript.

6 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Phrank1222: 7:00am On Dec 12, 2020
Anybody going to George Washington here?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lildairo(m): 7:13am On Dec 12, 2020
Good morning House, pls is anyone using Ethiopian Airways to travel, if yes, is Covid-19 test a mandatory requirement for the airline?

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 9:08am On Dec 12, 2020
Congrats to all the approvals. It's a merry Christmas to you all.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Walesherbey: 9:14am On Dec 12, 2020
Emeritusseun:

If he hasn't cancelled before, Yes, he can use same MRV for Abuja. More so, he doesn't necessarily have to fill another DS form. His form would be retrieved when he gets to Abuja. As regard earlier date in Abuja or lagos, no one can give an answer to that. Your friend should keep checking his dashboard. Although if he still has emergency option, he could use it and possibility of getting an earlier date in Abuja is KINDA high than Lagos. If he has used his emergency request, then he needs to get another MRV and apply for emergency

Thanks you.
He has paid another MRV, chose abuja and applied for emergency appointment and saw earliest available date to be 28th of December.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 9:21am On Dec 12, 2020
Walesherbey:

Thanks you.
He has paid another MRV, chose abuja and applied for emergency appointment and saw earliest available date to be 28th of December.

Oh. That's great.
When did he apply for the emergency? And when was it approved?

I also applied for an emergency since Tuesday morning, and yet to get a feedback from them.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lethhhgooo: 11:29am On Dec 12, 2020
I am going to UALR

majorstark:
Hello house

Anyone going to University of Arkansas, Little Rock or knows anyone in Arkansas State should please reachout.

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by uche06: 11:31am On Dec 12, 2020
Is covid test compulsory for emirate airline or turkish
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Onyedika11(m): 2:41pm On Dec 12, 2020
Good afternoon all,
Please, I am finding it difficult Sending ETS scores to schools. All my available cards have been rejected, same experience with PayPal.

Any lead as to how to get through this?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) (737) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 73
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.