Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,211 members, 7,818,713 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 10:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (733) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1361684 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by favouredtk: 7:33pm On Dec 10, 2020
Lete:

So how should one print their DS-160 ? Everybody keeps saying those hustlers hustling for money keeps telling them they need to reprint their DS-160 why isn’t anyone saying the right printout they finally got so we know and go with the right printout.

I doubt there's any "how" to it? Follow the prompt on the screen that says "print confirmation" and print it like any regular document, you can print it coloured because of the passport photo but I don't think it matters. I know someone who went with black and white and it wasn't an issue.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by kastgeraldino: 7:53pm On Dec 10, 2020
Ok Sir

iWise:

Well, if you read what I wrote carefully you'd realize that your comment is in some sense a subset of mine.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Emeritusseun(m): 7:54pm On Dec 10, 2020
Walesherbey:
Hi guys..
I have a friend whose interview was rescheduled to 15 of Jan. Can he cancel his appointment and still use the same MRV to get early date either in Lagos or abuja.
If it's abuja how does he goes about it as he has initially filled Lagos for the MRV payment.

Pls I need urgent response..
Scholars in the house pls help a friend who could lose his full funding if he doesn't get his interview done sooner.
Thanks.

If he hasn't cancelled before, Yes, he can use same MRV for Abuja. More so, he doesn't necessarily have to fill another DS form. His form would be retrieved when he gets to Abuja. As regard earlier date in Abuja or lagos, no one can give an answer to that. Your friend should keep checking his dashboard. Although if he still has emergency option, he could use it and possibility of getting an earlier date in Abuja is KINDA high than Lagos. If he has used his emergency request, then he needs to get another MRV and apply for emergency
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AkinOseni: 8:16pm On Dec 10, 2020
If your appointment was rescheduled from December to January, please keep checking your dashboard. December is still young and dates can still be rolled out. Don’t give up please. It will happen. The good news.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by tarantino1: 8:42pm On Dec 10, 2020
Youngstown:
Hi guys, my Visa was denied in November, reapplied but available dates are in March. I'm still hopeful for Spring. Do you think I should pick a date and book an emergency appointments, even tho it's clearly stated on the website that if you have been denied a visa on an emergency appointment your next won't be approved or I should continue keep on checking to see if they release available dates in December/ January.
cc: zeeLady, UNCG, tarantino1

https://www.nairaland.com/5233208/general-usa-student-visa-enquiries-part/731#96932533

I advice to keep checking. On a constant
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Legit215(m): 10:36pm On Dec 10, 2020
What's Western Union exchange rate right now from Naira to Dollar and charges.

Please urgent
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 10:58pm On Dec 10, 2020
PotentialNurse:
Good morning everyone,

I wanted to ask if it is alright not to fill in my parents name in my DS-160 form even though I had filled them in during my previous DS-160 forms for interviews?

The reason is my dad is presently in the US and I don’t want that to be a deterrent during my upcoming interview.

Abeg make una help me answer embarassed embarassed cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by klawaaa: 11:24pm On Dec 10, 2020
Awe, thanks for your response. Sometimes, the admission committee decisions are not too straightforward I guess.
Molly90:
I got admitted for an Engineering PhD program at Michigan Tech Uni. Had a 2.46/5 for my B.Sc and 4.54/5 for my masters. I do not have an Engineering background but got admitted.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by PucciGuru(m): 7:28am On Dec 11, 2020
My friend forgot to save his ds160 form so he can go through it again, how can he retrieve it?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AkinOseni: 7:32am On Dec 11, 2020
For emphasis, you don’t need to print anything save all the documents herein listed by Honorable Fairheart. Not even stapling or anything. Those extortionists are always on the prowl. They will come with some facade affections. It is just a ruse to get you extorted. You don’t need their service once you go with all the documents highlighted here and intermittently reposted by Oga Fairheart.

Please don’t get extorted. May Allah smooth our paths and make us fulfill our aspirations. Go Guys and get your visas.

10 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by DeQuantum: 9:26am On Dec 11, 2020
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question to the great ones here. I sent my academic transcript and credentials to the graduate coordinator of an Ivy league school. He reviewed my credentials and indicated that I am a competitive candidate and urged me to apply, thereby sending a message to the graduate office for the application fee waiver upon my request.

I later had a correspondence with him concerning research interest as my past/ current research aligns with his. I asked him if he will be taking students in his research group. He responded in the affirmative saying as it happens, he is looking for students this year and he is glad to hear of my interest in his research group and will make sure to lookout for my application when it arrives.

Is this a positive sign. ? Thanks

8 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Mosminic(m): 9:39am On Dec 11, 2020
DeQuantum:
Hi everyone,

Just a quick question to the great ones here. I sent my academic transcript and credentials to the graduate coordinator of an Ivy league school. He reviewed my credentials and indicated that I am a competitive candidate and urged me to apply, thereby sending a message to the graduate office for the application fee waiver upon my request.

I later had a correspondence with him concerning research interest as my past/ current research interest aligns with his. I asked him if he will be taking students in his research group. He responded in the affirmative saying as it happens, he is looking for students this year and he is glad to hear of my interest in his research group and will make sure to lookout for my application when it arrives.

Is this a positive sign. ?
Yes of course. Complete your application and make sure to send him an email when you submit it.
Cheers!

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Lightp: 9:43am On Dec 11, 2020
Youngstown:
Hi guys, my Visa was denied in November, reapplied but available dates are in March. I'm still hopeful for Spring. Do you think I should pick a date and book an emergency appointments, even tho it's clearly stated on the website that if you have been denied a visa on an emergency appointment your next won't be approved or I should continue keep on checking to see if they release available dates in December/ January.
cc: zeeLady, UNCG, tarantino1

Book, pray and try your luck
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Milkshakes01(f): 9:52am On Dec 11, 2020
@Isaacbill’s transcript

Transcript.

Visa Approved

Interview was scheduled for Wednesday, 9th December at the Abuja Embassy.

Two windows (VO) were available to interview applicants, a white in her mid 30's - 40's and a middle age Afro-American man.

Me : Good morning sir

VO: How did you find out about this school?

Me: I once read an article about top hydrogeology programme in the US from the Nigeria Mining and Geosciences Society Magazine. So, I made the choice of the schools from the magazine listing.

VO: (Nods head)
Oh, You applied to other schools ?

Me:Yes, four other schools

VO: Tell me about your background.

Me: I bagged a bachelor's degree in Geophysics in 2014 and went for NYSC thereafter. I finished NYSCin 2016. I have been working as a geoscientist.

VO: Since when have you been working ?
Me: 2016

VO: So, What will you do with this degree?
Me: I intend to come back and pick a position as Hydrogeologist 1 at the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency. I will be switching from field geologist to a research position with the agency.

VO: Who will sponsor you

Me: My brother will pay the deficit.

VO: Are you Married?

Me; No, not yet

VO : Have you traveled before ?
ME: NO.

VO: Everything looks good from here. I will approve your visa . Take this paper, it has instruction on how to pick your bla bla

Me: Thank you sir.

No document was requested except i20 and passport. To God be the glory.

40 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Tomison(m): 10:21am On Dec 11, 2020
Milkshakes01:
@Isaacbill’s transcript

Transcript.

Visa Approved

Two windows (VO) were available to interview applicants, a white in her mid 30's - 40's and a middle age Afro-American man.

Me: I once read an article about top hydrogeology programme in the US from the Nigeria Mining and Geosciences Society Magazine. So, I made the choice of the schools from the magazine listing.

Me: I bagged a bachelor's degree in Geophysics in 2014 and went for NYSC thereafter. I finished NYSCin 2016. I have been working as a geoscientist.

Me: I intend to come back and pick a position as Hydrogeologist 1 at the Nigeria Hydrological Services Agency. I will be switching from field geologist to a research position with the agency.

Me; No, not yet

VO: Everything looks good from here. I will approve your visa . Take this paper, it has instruction on how to pick your bla bla

Congrats

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LouisN: 10:47am On Dec 11, 2020
Please scholars I have scholars denied 3 times for student visa.i went 2018/2019 and now I am applying again to appear at the embassy on January but this time around I got a scholarships and tuition waivers from the 3 schools I applied to
Please I need someone to give me ideas on how I will sell myself to the consular...I also finished secondary school 2014 but I did a voluntary work at a pharmacy..I am going to study biochemistry and molecular biology at St cloud state University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by AkinOseni: 11:05am On Dec 11, 2020
Milkshakes01:
@Isaacbill’s transcript

Transcript.

Visa Approved

Me; No, not yet

Congratulations brother. May God make this beneficial to you, your family, Nigeria and humanity.

Congratulations
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by NigPatriot(m): 11:14am On Dec 11, 2020
DeQuantum:
Hi everyone,

I later had a correspondence with him concerning research interest as my past/ current research aligns with his. I asked him if he will be taking students in his research group. He responded in the affirmative saying as it happens, he is looking for students this year and he is glad to hear of my interest in his research group and will make sure to lookout for my application when it arrives.

Is this a positive sign. ? Thanks

Clearly a positive sign. if you do the right thing spontaneously. you should be in America by this time next year. Congratulations.

4 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by majorstark: 11:46am On Dec 11, 2020
Milkshakes01:
@Isaacbill’s transcript

Transcript.

Visa Approved

Me; No, not yet

CONGRATS
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 11:50am On Dec 11, 2020
For anyone interested, January 8 is available in Abuja now

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by godforus(m): 11:51am On Dec 11, 2020
osadestiny:

I sent you a DM, it seems you are LDS. There are more to explain to you.
what is the matter bro, i saw your dm
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Friedpotato: 12:12pm On Dec 11, 2020
FutureSenator:
For anyone interested, January 8 is available in Abuja now
from your emergency request?

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by FutureSenator: 12:15pm On Dec 11, 2020
Friedpotato:
from your emergency request?

No o, normal dates.

My emergency request is still pending.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Amahjosh(m): 12:19pm On Dec 11, 2020
Please I have my Interview in Abuja Embassy on Wednesday next week please I need any good moderate hotel I can check for just 2 nights before going back to my base; I will be coming down from Anambra and I am also open for mock interview from the gurus in the house.

Cc FaintHeart and the Bosses
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 12:45pm On Dec 11, 2020
Milkshakes01:
@Isaacbill’s transcript

Transcript.

Visa Approved

Me; No, not yet

Congratulations, I tap from this

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Chonco: 12:49pm On Dec 11, 2020
Milkshakes01:
@Isaacbill’s transcript

Transcript.

Visa Approved

CONGRATS.
Everything shall look good for me

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by psychologyshuby: 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
I’m sorry to hear this. Please prepare well and shoot.you are getting it this time insha allah.
LouisN:
Please scholars I have scholars denied 3 times for student visa.i went 2018/2019 and now I am applying again to appear at the embassy on January but this time around I got a scholarships and tuition waivers from the 3 schools I applied to
Please I need someone to give me ideas on how I will sell myself to the consular...I also finished secondary school 2014 but I did a voluntary work at a pharmacy..I am going to study biochemistry and molecular biology at St cloud state University
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 12:50pm On Dec 11, 2020
Try lugbe area through booking. com
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by amos4real(m): 12:51pm On Dec 11, 2020
Amahjosh:
Please I have my Interview in Abuja Embassy on Wednesday next week please I need any good moderate hotel I can check for just 2 nights before going back to my base; I will be coming down from Anambra and I am also open for mock interview from the gurus in the house.

Cc FaintHeart and the Bosses

There are moderate hotel prices ranging from 5k to 10 it depends on your budget. You can check booking.com

Or u look for hotel in lugbe area seems cheaper, from lugbe just 15 minutes drive to USA EMBASSY. and car drop can be around 600 to 1k .

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KushCollectible: 1:36pm On Dec 11, 2020
[quote author=wahabaa post=96932533]

I don't think you were lucky or anything. As far as I know there are no dates for those previously denied.

You most probably didn't pick previously denied.

Applying as a fresh applicant could come with some consequences.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by LouisN: 1:48pm On Dec 11, 2020
[Amen thanks dear quote author=psychologyshuby post=96960068]I’m sorry to hear this. Please prepare well and shoot.you are getting it this time insha allah. [/quote]

(1) (2) (3) ... (730) (731) (732) (733) (734) (735) (736) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.