Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,774 members, 7,810,001 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:36 PM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (75) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356197 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2019
KingsleyUmeh:
Someone pls answer : when the VO asks you to pass your i-20, does he look at only tuition fee or the Total cost of Attendance (which are room and Bord expenses, textbooks, etc) in comparison with the bank statements

Is this a question or an experience?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 10:24am On Jun 21, 2019
Davidkking:
Please do western union open on Saturday's?......my uncle can't pay the SEVISFEE today, would do it tomorrow.
cry cry
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 10:26am On Jun 21, 2019
Davidkking:
Please do western union open on Saturday's?......my uncle can't pay the SEVISFEE today, would do it tomorrow.

I think you can pay but chances are slim.

Ready your mind to pay $350
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kendrick99(m): 10:27am On Jun 21, 2019
dumbiri99:

Okay. How were you dressed?
A dark navy suit with a blue dotted tie! Just wear whatever you feel comfortable in but remember it's an important interview.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 10:32am On Jun 21, 2019
they work weekends

Davidkking:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Pepperoni001: 10:34am On Jun 21, 2019
I would like to hold a managerial position at Energy Commission of Nigeria upon completion of my program, a Masters in Sustainable energy will not only qualify me for the position, The degree would give me an edge over others who might be equally interested and also equip me with the necessary skills and knowledge to lead in Nigeria’s energy industry.

dreambound:

Its just remaining for you to go for that interview and drop your approved transcript here!
Wait...what of your plans after graduation?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Americanpizza(f): 10:35am On Jun 21, 2019
Please help, who know the available days available at abuja consulate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 10:38am On Jun 21, 2019
Delaztyx:
Abuja office full today see peepo....lord..Any way we thank the lord for his mercies it was sucessful..
We are waiting for your transcript
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 10:51am On Jun 21, 2019
It just occurred to me and I'm just suggesting.

Is Ikorodu, Lagos the address on the SOA? Cause it carries the address of the account owner and maybe we give full answers when asked any question. Perhaps that caused the denial..

What do you think Gurus

BIMestBabe:
Good morning house.
I'm new here.
I'll love to post my transcript. Visa delayed
Lagos consulate
June 11th

Vo: good morning with a smile
Me good morning. Smiled
Vo pass your I 20 and passport
Me. Did
Vo -- straight up, can I see a letter backing up your assistantship
Me: sure, so... I search for my funding letter o, took almost a minute.
Vo (while I was still searching for the letters) you're doing your masters? (With an irritated face or so)
Me yes, my final defence is in 2 weeks. Then I gave him the letters
Vo scrutinizes letter.
Plus, I gave him 3 letters. (Funding and contract award letter. Guess that's part of my mistake)
Vo does the letter cover all the 70k dolls,
Me yes, my funding covers all my tuition and stipends for the first semester and will be renewed for subsequent semesters.
Vo. No, you're not answering my question. Is your funding all the 70k dols?
Me. No, my uncle is paying for the rest, do you want to see his bank statements,
Vo no
Vo have you travelled out before
Me no, I haven't have the reason too, till now.
Vo, where does your uncle stay
Me. Lagos, ikorodu.
Vo.. Blabla..not eligible for the visa now... Blablabla.

OK guys, this was my first time. Please, I really need advice. I'm picking abuja this time and I need to get it right. Please gurus in the house, kindly help me.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by KingsleyUmeh: 10:53am On Jun 21, 2019
Brown2Green:

Is this a question or an experience?

Its a question. I want to know if the money you have in your Bank statement should equal the tuition fees only or total cost of attendance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Time2win(m): 10:55am On Jun 21, 2019
Americanpizza:
So what are you trying to say.... Just want to know yulour bullet point.n

Was I trying to say anything on that before?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BeefWeb: 10:56am On Jun 21, 2019
Hello Asking for a Friend. She had a 17k scholarship, On her I-20 estimated average cost for 12 months is 38k, student funding for a year is 17k scholarship plus 38k from sponsor making 55k. Is that okay?

Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:09am On Jun 21, 2019
KingsleyUmeh:

Its a question. I want to know if the money you have in your Bank statement should equal the tuition fees only or total cost of attendance

It should exceed the deficits
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olumuyiwalasode(m): 11:15am On Jun 21, 2019
segunbolawole:
It just occurred to me and I'm just suggesting.

Is Ikorodu, Lagos the address on the SOA? Cause it carries the address of the account owner and maybe we give full answers when asked any question. Perhaps that caused the denial..

What do you think Gurus

i really dont think it should matter, for instance, i put his work address in the DS 160, different from the one on the bank statement, so i put the name of his company as address, then the location as city, so if I'm asked, I'll mention where he lives, and also location of his company. Location of sponsor can't be the cause of the denial
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 11:19am On Jun 21, 2019
BeefWeb:
Hello Asking for a Friend. She had a 17k scholarship, On her I-20 estimated average cost for 12 months is 38k, student funding for a year is 17k scholarship plus 38k from sponsor making 55k. Is that okay?

Thank you.

This is what has caused lots of issues for people.

That figure keeps increasing.
Is the sponsor giving her the 38k dollars?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:24am On Jun 21, 2019
Pepperoni001:
I would like to hold a managerial position at Energy Commission of Nigeria upon completion of my program, a Masters in Sustainable energy will not only qualify me for the position, The degree would give me an edge over others who might be equally interested and also equip me with the necessary skills and knowledge to lead in Nigeria’s energy industry.

Good.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ashby(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2019
Hello, am new to this platform and got referred by my bro...
Please, I need clarification on whether all those schools are totally free or partly free and also, what are the things required for a full scholarship.
Pleases guys, any help is much appreciated
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:25am On Jun 21, 2019
Delaztyx:
Abuja office full today see peepo....lord..Any way we thank the lord for his mercies it was sucessful..
You didn't finish the gist smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:29am On Jun 21, 2019
Ashby:
Hello, am new to this platform and got referred by my bro...
Please, I need clarification on whether all those schools are totally free or partly free and also, what are the things required for a full scholarship.
Pleases guys, any help is much appreciated
All which schools? U mean US schools?
US schools aren't free unless you get full waivers/scholarship/funding...and what is required depends on the requirements of the school, or the strength of the applicant pool to the same school.
Grad or Undergrad?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:29am On Jun 21, 2019
Americanpizza:
Please help, who know the available days available at abuja consulate.
July 16 as of today
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 11:32am On Jun 21, 2019
Good point but they want to establish good proofs I guess..

I just feel its safer if information are the same on different end
Olumuyiwalasode:

i really dont think it should matter, for instance, i put his work address in the DS 160, different from the one on the bank statement, so i put the name of his company as address, then the location as city, so if I'm asked, I'll mention where he lives, and also location of his company. Location of sponsor can't be the cause of the denial
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 11:32am On Jun 21, 2019
fairheart:
If you wanna pay today, PM me.
My uncle in US is with the money......he said he'll pay tomorrow.....I just hope it works out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by fairheart(m): 11:34am On Jun 21, 2019
They open on Saturday.
Davidkking:

My uncle in US is with the money......he said he'll pay tomorrow.....I just hope it works out
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BeefWeb: 11:35am On Jun 21, 2019
It would be used to cover the deficits and she'll give the remaining to her to sustain herself. The SOA would cover the 38k she said. But the actual deficit is 21k
Brown2Green:

This is what has caused lots of issues for people.

That figure keeps increasing.
Is the sponsor giving her the 38k dollars?

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 11:37am On Jun 21, 2019
BeefWeb:
It would be used to cover the deficits and she'll give the remaining to her to sustain herself. The SOA would cover the 38k she said. But the actual deficit is 21k
She may mean the tuition deficit is 21K.
How is she able to drop 38K to 21K

Or do you mean 21k is on the I20 buh sponsor is showing 38K funds?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BeefWeb: 11:45am On Jun 21, 2019
She has a full tuition scholarship of 17k leaving her with other expenses which is 21k. But on the I20 attached to the sponsors name is 38k. Which is way higher than the actual deficit of 21k. But she said the sponsor's SOA covers the 38k tho
dreambound:

She may mean the tuition deficit is 21K.
How is she able to drop 38K to 21K

Or do you mean 21k is on the I20 buh sponsor is showing 38K funds?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
BeefWeb:
She has a full tuition scholarship of 17k leaving her with other expenses which is 21k. But on the I20 attached to the sponsors name is 38k. Which is way higher than the actual deficit of 21k. But she said the sponsor's SOA covers the 38k tho

I know 2 people on this thread that was denied for this reason.

The VO kept saying the uncle can never be able to foot the bill for one of them.

The scholarship is supposed to reduce the deficit but the school used the closing balance of the SOA which was very huge so it looked like the total deficit is huge.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BeefWeb: 12:14pm On Jun 21, 2019
But 38k isn't particularly a very high sum.The Estimated cost for a year is 38k. The Student's Funding(17k scholarship + 38k from her Dad) for the year is 55k. Must both balances on the I-20 always be equal?
Brown2Green:

I know 2 people on this thread that was denied for this reason.

The VO kept saying the uncle can never be able to foot the bill for one of them.

The scholarship is supposed to reduce the deficit but the school used the closing balance of the SOA which was very huge so it looked like the total deficit is huge.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:20pm On Jun 21, 2019
BeefWeb:
So what's the solution?

I believe you filled a financial statement form, where it was asked how much your sponsor would support you with?

There is barely time to request a new I20. If not the best option is to let the office reflect the exact deficit from the SOA on the I20 and not the closing balance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by BeefWeb: 12:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
No problem I'll get her to see if she could still do that
Brown2Green:

I believe you filled a financial statement form, where it was asked how much your sponsor would support you with?

There is barely time to request a new I20. If not the best option is to let the office reflect the exact deficit from the SOA on the I20 and not the closing balance
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 12:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
BeefWeb:
Oh.
That's the same issue that got a PhD applicant denied..the VO kept wondering how the sponsor would sacrifice the 70k that showed on the I20.

You need to contact the school. Tell them that the sponsor is providing 21K for her studies.

The reasoning that the school is using implies that the sponsor would empty his account for her funding, which is not normal.

(1) (2) (3) ... (72) (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.