Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,850 members, 7,810,278 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 04:29 AM

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 - Travel (76) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 (1356373 Views)

General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 17 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / General UK Visa Enquiries - Part 4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (779) (Go Down)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stellyhardy: 12:33pm On Jun 21, 2019
Good afternoon guys, thanks for the responses for my question yesterday. Okay so I have a new update ,my mom has about 2.5 million each in 2 other other account and if i get both statements that’ll be 5million...can I use them? Or is it a red flag to present both accounts keeping in mind that the funds are low?
deficit on my I-20 is 6k(about 2million)
So what do you think guys?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 12:40pm On Jun 21, 2019
Stellyhardy:
Good afternoon guys, thanks for the responses for my question yesterday. Okay so I have a new update ,my mom has about 2.5 million each in 2 other other account and if i get both statements that’ll be 5million...can I use them? Or is it a red flag to present both accounts keeping in mind that the funds are low?

As far as it is not a lump sum you can go with both.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by dreambound(m): 12:44pm On Jun 21, 2019
Stellyhardy:
I feel you are getting worried cos you read about statements on this thread that are 8M plus.

Your fees are almost negligible compared to the average amount an international student spends in the US. Your account statements may not be requested.

Even if they are asked, both accounts each have over 120% of the fees, and together over 240% of the fees. As far as the cash flow is stable, you do not need to worry.

What school is that?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Stellyhardy: 12:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
Okay I honestly pray the vo doesn’t because I’m so worried about it �
School is North Carolina a and t
Fees and Tuition 21,100
Living expenses 9k
GA funding 24k
Deficit $6,100
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Adedayo65: 1:13pm On Jun 21, 2019
Lagos-consulate
Abuja-embassy

Well, as at 11am, first available date was 9th of July

Americanpizza:
Please help, who know the available days available at abuja consulate.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 2:12pm On Jun 21, 2019
Stellyhardy:
Okay I honestly pray the vo doesn’t because I’m so worried about it �
School is North Carolina a and t
Fees and Tuition 21,100
Living expenses 9k
GA funding 24k
Deficit $6,100
Hey, we have a WhatsApp group for ncat students if you don’t mind joining.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProjectKay(m): 3:29pm On Jun 21, 2019
I need some advise please, I just discovered that my DS - 160 form has an error as I mistakenly click "Self" as the sponsor instead of a company as indicated in my i20.

I'm in a fix right now don't know what to do, my interview is on Monday.

Thanks
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 3:30pm On Jun 21, 2019
ProjectKay:
I need some advise please, I just discovered that my DS - 160 form has an error as I mistakenly click "Self" as the sponsor instead of a company as indicated in my i20.

Thanks

Its a 50 50.

Go like that
Or
Change it

The risks are same.

Safest thing is to reschedule.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Leonardahamba: 3:50pm On Jun 21, 2019
TheZed:
Hey, we have a WhatsApp group for ncat students if you don’t mind joining.
I want yo join too
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProjectKay(m): 3:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thank you, but please why would it be a 50 - 50, even after the change? And why is rescheduling the best option?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by TheZed(m): 3:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
Leonardahamba:
I want yo join too
Okay. You can delete your number now
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 3:55pm On Jun 21, 2019
ProjectKay:
Thank you, but please why would it be a 50 - 50, even after the change? And why is rescheduling the best option?

You're not allowed to change your DS 160 3 days before your interview.

You can be denied for misrepresentation

Reschedule and all that is behind you
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Akin4sh: 3:57pm On Jun 21, 2019
Hi, been a silent follower. Visa delayed today at Lagos. I figured I can do better. Had to go make another visa fee but my status has not changed on CGI for me to get a date. Does anyone know when it will be updated. School resumes in August I believe I can get it this time

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 4:01pm On Jun 21, 2019
Akin4sh:
Hi, been a silent follower. Visa delayed today at Lagos. I figured I can do better. Had to go make another visa fee but my status has not changed on CGI for me to get a date. Does anyone know when it will be updated. School resumes in August I believe I can get it this time

Dear silent follower..

Drop your transcript.

2 Likes

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProjectKay(m): 4:02pm On Jun 21, 2019
Brown2Green:

You're not allowed to change your DS 160 3 days before your interview.

You can be denied for misrepresentation

Reschedule and all that is behind you

I can see 25th is Tuesday not Monday, do I stand a chance? Rescheduling would mess my other plans, what do you think sir.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Brown2Green(m): 4:06pm On Jun 21, 2019
ProjectKay:

I can see 25th is Tuesday not Monday, do I stand a chance? Rescheduling would mess my other plans, what do you think sir.

As long as it is more than 3 days you can edit your DS 160

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by akannium(m): 4:09pm On Jun 21, 2019
ProjectKay:

Thanks

My cousin and I got fully funded offers without deficits. We both chose "self" as the person paying for trip. We both got our visas approved. Two of my friends got full funded offers too without deficits but chose "the University" as their own options. They too got their Visas approved.
I don't know if that answers your question.

9 Likes 3 Shares

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 4:27pm On Jun 21, 2019
Please, is this a problem?
Tuition,Living/ health Insurance - 28k
Sponsor - 45k is on the F1, (which is her account balance)

dreambound:

Oh.
That's the same issue that got a PhD applicant denied..the VO kept wondering how the sponsor would sacrifice the 70k that showed on the I20.

You need to contact the school. Tell them that the sponsor is providing 21K for her studies.

The reasoning that the school is using implies that the sponsor would empty his account for her funding, which is not normal.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:36pm On Jun 21, 2019
Post your transcript before you pay visa fee

Akin4sh:
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Akin4sh: 4:43pm On Jun 21, 2019
� already paid for the visa fee. Will post the transcript shortly. My CGI profile has not updated yet..
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Ibruks(m): 4:45pm On Jun 21, 2019
Please how many days does one's document(s) stay at DHL collection office after the status of "you can now pick up your document(s)" has been sent to one's mail?

From the white paper I got from embassy, I saw 30 days but I got an SMS now that it has been returned to the embassy.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Nobody: 4:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
seems they now put the balance of your sponsors account as the money available for you. That might be a problem. As VO will assume sponsor will advance you all that money meaning your sponsors closing balance should be like twice or threee times that amount.
I don't know your profile, but This is exactly my reason for suggesting people that are being sponsored by family members, make them deposit the funds in your account and present your own SOA if you used your own SOA to get the I20 you would have been in a better position. anyway my opinion though. Goodluck

segunbolawole:
Please, is this a problem?
Tuition,Living/ health Insurance - 28k
Sponsor - 45k is on the F1, (which is her account balance)

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Olashile147: 4:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Kendrick99:
Date: 11/06/2019

Embassy Location; Abuja

School Name: Texas State University San Marcos

Program: Industrial Management

Vo; Good morning

Me; Good morning How are you?

Vo; pass me your documents.

Me; Ok!

Vo; Have you travelled out of the country before?

Me; Nope! I have never had a reason to.

Vo; Why Do you choose Texas State University as your first trip abroad?

Me; Apart from the fact that the curriculum at Texas State University match directly with my career goal, which I will be taking core course like. Lean manufacturing, Supply Chain Management, Project Management. And also Prof Ameri as agreed I join his research team upon my arrival on campus which we will be working on "How Ergonomics affect productivity in Manufacturing Industry", which would be very useful and more practical once I return to Nigeria.

Vo; Ok, did you apply to other schools?

Me; Yes, Texas A&M University Kingsville, University of Central Missouri and Texas State University which is also my first choice.

Vo; Who is paying for your studies?

Me; My Uncle, he is in charge of the Family Business.

Vo; What business?

Me; My Grandfather is a major distributor of Coca-Cola product across Lagos, Ogun and Oyo States, Also we own Two Petrol and Diesel stations in Lagos.

Vo; Can I see a documents to prove that?

Me; Sure! hand over SOA,

Vo; I will be Approving your visa! And placing you on Administrative Processing to verify this account and remember if we find anything fraudulent here, you will be banned for Life, Do you still wish to proceed?

Me; Yes sure!.

Gave me a yellow paper and small white paper telling me about i-20 and all.

Present Status *issued* today.

Nuggets! Always put God first in everything you do. My case is what you call Grace. *No Funding* previously refused Twice Dec 12 2018 & Jan 16 2019 with same school and program. Never give up!

Special thanks to my nairalamd family, Sharwama, Time2win, Leone26(Bobcats), Fairheart, Lagosismyhome, Brown2Green. And to my blaad, Jubril, Pizzle, Simple, Ice, Rayblack, 3310. To everyone yet to be interviewed Prepare hard, Pray, fast if you can! Put God first.

Pls did you direct transcript to Texas state univeristy or you send your WES evaluated transcript

1 Like 1 Share

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by ProjectKay(m): 4:52pm On Jun 21, 2019
akannium:

My cousin and I got fully funded offers without deficits. We both chose "self" as the person paying for trip. We both got our visas approved. Two of my friends got full funded offers too without deficits but chose "the University" as their own options. They too got their Visas approved.
I don't know if that answers your question.

Thanks, however, mine isn't fully funded, I have a deficit of about 40k, so I have to thread with caution before I get misunderstood.

1 Like

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by segunbolawole: 4:54pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thanks for your response

Mehn... Down tension... Anyhow e be...
blackmamba147:
seems they now put the balance of your sponsors account as the money available for you. That might be a problem. As VO will assume sponsor will advance you all that money meaning your sponsors closing balance should be like twice or threee times that amount.
I don't know your profile, but This is exactly my reason for suggesting people that are being sponsored by family members, make them deposit the funds in your account and present your own SOA if you used your own SOA to get the I20 you would have been in a better position. anyway my opinion though. Goodluck

Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by 4gunners(m): 5:15pm On Jun 21, 2019
akannium:
My Visa Experience
Date: 19-06-19
Time: 06:30
Consulate: Lagos
Consular Officer: "The old man"
Counter: 1

CO: Pass my your i20 and passport.
Me: Morning Sir, I did as requested.

CO: Are you going for a straight PhD?
Me: I'd be obtaining an MSc along the way.

CO: When did you graduate from high school?
Me: 2007

CO: What's your Bachelor's degree in?
Me: Chemical Engineering.

CO seemed concerned, Systems and Chemical.
Me: The Systems Engineering program is an interdisciplinary one. I would have a concentration in Petroleum Engineering.

CO: Starred at the form i20 and said "I would be approving your Visa".

Thanks to everyone who shared their Visa experience. I learned a great deal from those.
Is ur school university of Kentucky?
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temi87: 5:46pm On Jun 21, 2019
Good evening. Please who know the nearest available date for lagos consulate. I just paid the visa fee so that I’ll book an appointment.

My portal still hasn’t been updated, it still shows my passport is still at the consulate after ten days. Would I be able to book an appointment if it’s still displaying that message? Thank you.
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Davidkking(m): 5:47pm On Jun 21, 2019
Temi87:
Good evening. Please who know the nearest available date for lagos consulate. I just paid the visa fee so that I’ll book an appointment.

My portal still hasn’t been updated, it still shows my passport is still at the consulate after ten days. Would I be able to book an appointment if it’s still displaying that message? Thank you.
August 16 for first timers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Temi87: 5:51pm On Jun 21, 2019
Thanks. Is it possible for me to see an earlier date since I’ve applied before?
Davidkking:

August 16 for first timers
Re: General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 15 by Kay100: 5:56pm On Jun 21, 2019
Temi87:
Thanks. Is it possible for me to see an earlier date since I’ve applied before?
presently there's no date for previously denied at Lagos consulate

(1) (2) (3) ... (73) (74) (75) (76) (77) (78) (79) ... (779)

Canadian Express Entry/federal Skilled Workers Program - Connect Here Part 10 / Give Birth In USA: Cost And Procedure? / Cost Of A Nigeria International Passport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.