Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,958 members, 7,817,813 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:11 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (103) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022870 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nochyks87: 7:46am On Jul 07, 2019
yomeximas:
Hello House,
Please I need a link showing colleges in Canada(Manitoba province to be specific). Someone needs admission in a science/heath related course towards next winter(January 2019).

Thanks house

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rence22(f): 11:07am On Jul 07, 2019
Good morning, I saw this link through facebook and I am quite interested.

http://www.vanier.gc.ca/en/selection_committee_guide-comite_selection_lignes.html#b3.1

It's a scholarships program for phd in Canada.
My concerns are how do I get selection from instructions located in canada.
Any advice.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Folaliving: 2:36pm On Jul 07, 2019
Sorry about the delay. Yes you can change school and course of study if you find one you believe will work for you. It does not affect your visa application in any way.

Obehi44:
Hello gurus, helpers in the house, Pls help on this thought of mine.
I want to change school
I want to change course of study.
The question is can I change school and or course of study?
Will it have an effect or affect my visa application?
Please those already in Canada or with first hand info should help reply. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Folaliving: 2:40pm On Jul 07, 2019
You can check try www.universitystudy.ca

yomeximas:
Hello House,
Please I need a link showing colleges in Canada(Manitoba province to be specific). Someone needs admission in a science/heath related course towards next winter(January 2019).

Thanks house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 2:55pm On Jul 07, 2019
Changing school or Course of study doesnt in any way affect ur chance of getting ur Visa.. We have seen several monikers getting their visa after they changed to another course that was suitable for the issuance of ther visa.. So if u believe ur new course of study or school will favor you, then go ahead and apply with the new course/School.. But please make sure the new course yoiu are choosing is very related together ur 1st degree or work experience.... Peace
Obehi44:
Hello gurus, helpers in the house, Pls help on this thought of mine.
I want to change school
I want to change course of study.
The question is can I change school and or course of study?
Will it have an effect or affect my visa application?
Please those already in Canada or with first hand info should help reply. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 4:31pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hello good people in the house,
Please for study visa application, are we required to fill the CIC form IMM 5832E?
Or are we only required to fill forms IMM 1294E, IMM 5483E, & IMM 5707E?
Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
kcosam:
Hello good people in the house,
Please for study visa application, are we required to fill the CIC form IMM 5832E?
Or are we only required to fill forms IMM 1294E, IMM 5483E, & IMM 5707E?
Thanks for your response

Yes you need to fill IMM1294E AND IMM5707E(if you're married) or IMM5645( IF YOU'RE Single).

The form imm5483e depends if you're using online or paper route. But if you're using online route you don't need it as it is not compulsory but it is compulsory for paper route applicants.

If you would be applying online you don't need to stress yourself as during your online account creation you will be asked some questionnaires and once you're done, it will list the documents you're to submit for your application.

I hope this helps, all the best.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Flashing: 5:46pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ultimatezlant:
Are you quitting the employment now or what?
Chai...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 6:12pm On Jul 07, 2019
Got my Bvl since 7th June after my upfront medicals was updated to pass on 28th may. Today marks 1month DAT I got Bvl and nothing has been heard from CIC since then. Who else is in my shoes? I today is the 11weeks of my application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Paramedickelvin: 6:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
Am a May applicant as well and we are Both in same line though I submitted May2 let's just have patience and see what comes Next.........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 6:32pm On Jul 07, 2019
Have u gotten BVL? If yes, please when. Did u do upfront or were u sent for medicals.
Paramedickelvin:
Am a May applicant as well and we are Both in same line though I submitted May2 let's just have patience and see what comes Next.........
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 7:14pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ayodeji787:

Yes you need to fill IMM1294E AND IMM5707E(if you're married) or IMM5645( IF YOU'RE Single).

The form imm5483e depends if you're using online or paper route. But if you're using online route you don't need it as it is not compulsory but it is compulsory for paper route applicants.

If you would be applying online you don't need to stress yourself as during your online account creation you will be asked some questionnaires and once you're done, it will list the documents you're to submit for your application.

I hope this helps, all the best.
Thanks but I have been trying figure out what the form IMM 5832e is meant for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:25pm On Jul 07, 2019
kcosam:

Thanks but I have been trying figure out what the form IMM 5832e is meant for.

Mainiy for study permit questionnaire if you're going via paper route and for the checklist of the documents you're submitting so to be sure it is complete. That's all

But if it is online route you're going with, you can kindly ignore.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 7:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Folaliving:
Sorry about the delay. Yes you can change school and course of study if you find one you believe will work for you. It does not affect your visa application in any way.

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 7:30pm On Jul 07, 2019
makano:
Changing school or Course of study doesnt in any way affect ur chance of getting ur Visa.. We have seen several monikers getting their visa after they changed to another course that was suitable for the issuance of ther visa.. So if u believe ur new course of study or school will favor you, then go ahead and apply with the new course/School.. But please make sure the new course yoiu are choosing is very related together ur 1st degree or work experience.... Peace
Thanks for your response.
But do I need to explain or mention that I change course or school either in my SOP/LOE or at any point in my reapplication?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 7:35pm On Jul 07, 2019
Good evening my good people,
May God crown all efforts on our TRV applications with brilliant success. Amen.
Please I'm reapplying for my study permit tomorrow after the initial refusal. Below are the lists of docs I'm planning to submit.

All CIC docs
My passport
My digital photo

LOA
Letter of Acceptance, tuition deposit receipt, BSc cert, transcript, NYSC, SSCE, Updated CV, Current appointment letter as a project consultant, letters of previous employments, TOEFL result.

Proof of Financial Means
SOA (Joint acct with wife), tuition deposit, current appointment letter, proof of wife employment, CAC docs of our distribution company, our building docs, our land docs, other asset docs a car and a bus, my pension fund acct stm, SOA of co-sponsor.
Client Info
SOP, LOE addressing the refusal reasons, support letter from wife, LO co-sponsorship, affidavit of co-sponsorship & bank ref letter, letter from the MD of the company I'm consulting for presently, my birth cert, my son's birth cert, marriage cert, wife & son's passports, PCC, my wedding pics showing my uncle co-sponsor.

Our gurus in the house please help me peruse this, is the arrangement OK? is there any doc to remove or add? I don't want the VO to get confused. please note my Co-sponsor is a cocoa merchant, no CAC docs only bank ref letter.

Reasons for previous refusal are, travel history, personal assets and financial status and purpose of visit which I have addressed carefully in my new SOP and LOE. School fee is CAD26000 and we have built our joint acct up to CAD47000.

Advice needed please!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:43pm On Jul 07, 2019
NuelNuelTT:
Good evening my good people,
May God crown all efforts on our TRV applications with brilliant success. Amen.
Please I'm reapplying for my study permit tomorrow after the initial refusal. Below are the lists of docs I'm planning to submit.

All CIC docs
My passport
My digital photo

LOA
Letter of Acceptance, tuition deposit receipt, BSc cert, transcript, NYSC, SSCE, Updated CV, Current appointment letter as a project consultant, letters of previous employments, TOEFL result.

Proof of Financial Means
SOA (Joint acct with wife), tuition deposit, current appointment letter, proof of wife employment, CAC docs of our distribution company, our building docs, our land docs, other asset docs a car and a bus, my pension fund acct stm, SOA of co-sponsor.
Client Info
SOP, LOE addressing the refusal reasons, support letter from wife, LO co-sponsorship, affidavit of co-sponsorship & bank ref letter, letter from the MD of the company I'm consulting for presently, my birth cert, my son's birth cert, marriage cert, wife & son's passports, PCC, my wedding pics showing my uncle co-sponsor.

Our gurus in the house please help me peruse this, is the arrangement OK? is there any doc to remove or add? I don't want the VO to get confused. please note my Co-sponsor is a cocoa merchant, no CAC docs only bank ref letter.

Reasons for previous refusal are, travel history, personal assets and financial status and purpose of visit which I have addressed carefully in my new SOP and LOE. School fee is CAD26000 and we have built our joint acct up to CAD47000.

Advice needed please!

Great, hope you addressed how your dependants will live and survive during the course of program. And kindly let your affidavit of sponsor and letter of support be under the proof of financial means and also try and add your pay stub and if possible your wife pay stub also.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 9:02pm On Jul 07, 2019
Ayodeji787:

Great, hope you addressed how your dependants will live and survive during the course of program. And kindly let your affidavit of sponsor and letter of support be under the proof of financial means and also try and add your pay stub and if possible your wife pay stub also.

Yes my brother, thanks for helping out. I explained how I set aside N1.5M(too small or ok?) as back up fund for my family and that my wife will be collecting the proceeds from our rented properties and income from our businesses. She is also fully employed. As regards my pay stub, the organisation always pay directly into my account (consultancy fee) i.e the acct we are using.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:29pm On Jul 07, 2019
NuelNuelTT:

Yes my brother, thanks for helping out. I explained how I set aside N1.5M(too small or ok?) as back up fund for my family and that my wife will be collecting the proceeds from our rented properties and income from our businesses. She is also fully employed. As regards my pay stub, the organisation always pay directly into my account (consultancy fee) i.e the acct we are using. My wife will get her salary acct statement tomorrow. Is this okay bros?

Very fine then. But make sure you create a first page that will list all documents you will be submitting in each placeholder. It would really help the VO reviewing your application.

I hope you understand this.

By God's grace you would be favoured this time around in Jesus precious name. Amen

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Gbemms9: 10:27pm On Jul 07, 2019
Hi Good day all,
I applied for a study visa and I was told to do the medical last week from the embassy.
I’ve seen that I passed the medicals.
Can I be rest assured my Visa will be approved ?
And how long does it take get a decision after this ?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:59pm On Jul 07, 2019
Evening house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 07, 2019
Please, this is quite urgent. I was invited for medicals last week which I am yet to carry out. But I just got a mail from Nairobi that I need to verify my bank statements. Please, can anyone advise me on the easiest way to carry out this?

You must reply to this request by email within 7 days providing a PDF copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” containing the ticket ID and passcode. If completed online you can send the original PDF file. If done at your branch you will need to scan the paper copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” into a PDF file. Please remember to include your application number in your reply message.

ps: The Accounts aren't fraudulent, pls, help. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:10pm On Jul 07, 2019
Chosenone31:
Please, this is quite urgent. I was invited for medicals last week which I am yet to carry out. But I just got a mail from Nairobi that I need to verify my bank statements. Please, can anyone advise me on the easiest way to carry out this?

You must reply to this request by email within 7 days providing a PDF copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” containing the ticket ID and passcode. If completed online you can send the original PDF file. If done at your branch you will need to scan the paper copy of your “MyBank Statement Ticket” into a PDF file. Please remember to include your application number in your reply message.

ps: The Accounts aren't fraudulent, I used 3 of my dad's accounts. 2 Naira Accounts and One Dollar account. pls, help. Thanks

Relax, there is nothing serious. All they want to do is to reconfirm to be sure your account is authentic. That's all. So try and get it done tomorrow and have it sent to them

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by holllowu: 12:07am On Jul 08, 2019
Good day all, am about to apply for my study permit, but my program has an unpaid work requirement, which requires me to apply for a co-op work permit.

Please do I apply separately?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:24am On Jul 08, 2019
Thank you. I appreciate. I would get it done tomorrow
Ayodeji787:

Relax, there is nothing serious. All they want to do is to reconfirm to be sure your account is authentic. That's all. So try and get it done tomorrow and have it sent to them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 12:36am On Jul 08, 2019
Folaliving:
You can check try www.universitystudy.ca

Thanks,I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yomeximas: 12:37am On Jul 08, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Leave7777: 12:38am On Jul 08, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Got my Bvl since 7th June after my upfront medicals was updated to pass on 28th may. Today marks 1month DAT I got Bvl and nothing has been heard from CIC since then. Who else is in my shoes? I today is the 11weeks of my application.

I applied online since February and I submitted passport on 14th of June. I haven't heard anything too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 12:50am On Jul 08, 2019
Please what's the full meaning of sop and loe and what's the difference
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by RAY12345(m): 12:53am On Jul 08, 2019
Phatkings:
Please what's the full meaning of sop and loe and what's the difference

sop - Statement of purose.
loe - Letter of explanation.

Basically, sop is where you talk about your study plan while loe is used for addressing issues like previous refusals, lump sum in an account, etc

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) (105) (106) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.