Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,730 members, 7,820,527 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:30 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (117) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025735 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 5:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
mrbankyy:
Hello Guys,

Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.

I saw the above message on my profile but I couldnt see any message in that regard when I checked "below".

What does it mean and do you think its normal ?

Kindly assist.

Many thanks

Congratulations dude. It's mean you are ask for a medical test result. So go to any CIC recommend hospital to get it done.

When did you submit your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheAfrikan: 5:32pm On Jul 10, 2019
Qudkom:

1. You start paying for accommodation pretty early.
2. You might be questioned especially if you haven't traveled before
3. Most students come in August so getting people to go house hunting with might be a concern because obviously the people here are already settled so you have to get a place for yourself alone
4. You don't have some benefits like bus pass since you haven't registered at school and classes haven't started yet. So getting a bus pass which might be expensive may be the best.
5. I hear it's inappropriate to work before your program starts also. Etc....

Many thanks,

Biggest issue looks like accommodation and financing untill school begins.

This is helpful.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by TheAfrikan: 5:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Nice one, welcome to Canada.

Another con of coming too early is the challenge of getting a house close to school. Most leases end around August, December, April/May.

However, for students coming in fall, come about a month to your start date because most schools always have the highest intake this period. The one month before school starts will give you enough time to look for a good place to live in and gives you enough time to apply for jobs in advance.

In some cities, getting jobs might take up to 2 months.

Thanks,

I think this is very informative.

smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 5:44pm On Jul 10, 2019
Kennylad90:

Wow, seven months. Admission and funding was given to you in June considering the fact visa application takes an average of nine months. How will you go about it? I also applied to Windsor and I'm yet to get a response from them, that's why I'm asking little questions.
I have applied already for visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mofpearl: 5:49pm On Jul 10, 2019
JustMellow:

Stay winning dear!

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwaseunbd(f): 5:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Scroll down,u shld see it.and if u dont,wait till tomorrow,u will def get the letter on ur profile page
mrbankyy:
Hello Guys,

Review of medical results Help - Review of medical results
We have requested a medical exam. Check your messages below for details.

I saw the above message on my profile but I couldnt see any message in that regard when I checked "below".

What does it mean and do you think its normal ?

Kindly assist.

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 6:15pm On Jul 10, 2019
Qudkom:

Yep September decided to come in earlier. 2 months out max is fine and you should have a convincing reason. It comes with advantages and Con's
Please what's is advantages and con's?
But in your own case, you were not asked to explain your reason for early arrival, right?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
Green4:
Am in UAE now, please Mr Frank and other gurus in the house do you have any idea if i can submit via paper route here in UAE thanks

What's your Immigration status in UAE? If you're not currently holding a valid work permit, study visa or Permanentresident card in UAE, you're ought to return to your home country and apply for the study permit of Canada otherwise your application will be rejected on the basis of your current Immigration status in country of residence and home ties.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by obaxlove(m): 6:47pm On Jul 10, 2019
Oluwaseunbd:
Very very important...pls mention it and any other refusal in the past to avoid stories that touch

Please I just submitted my application online few days ago. I only stated countries I have traveled to I didn't know where to state or talk about the previous denials. How can I work on this? I dont want misinterpretation please. The countries are USA and France

Help me what can I do now that I have submitted. I am just seeing this now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alday: 7:07pm On Jul 10, 2019
Application: June 11 (online, new with upfront med).

A refusal just came in on mine based on purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status.

THIS IS NOT THE END.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:13pm On Jul 10, 2019
What's ur timeline, I think the purpose of visit is the main issue, u stated u have worked or u have a gap, one of it, if u have worked, it's expected u have tangible amount coupled with the fact the VO isn't convinced u r genuine student, I think that's where all the problem starts. Is the sponsor related, did you mention the sponsor dependents??what's his source of income, that would determine if 6million is ok or not, good luck with ur next trial.
Alday:

A refusal just came in on mine based on purpose of visit, personal assets and financial status.

Sponsor fully paid the session tuition and I presented my own SOA with 2m closing but I guess the sponsor's 6m closing balance was the weak link.

THIS IS NOT THE END.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 7:33pm On Jul 10, 2019
Please , I need clarification, I already put in an application and have not done upfront medicals yet, but it has a tab for "medicals', does that mean I did something wrong ? Please respond
gatsbym4:

Hi
It can only have a medical tab if you selected that you have done upfront medical.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kingsnigga: 7:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
Good evening great people, please can I link my wife's open work permit to my study permit online or I'll have to create a separate account for her on the Canadian immigration website. Please I need your candid replies

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by obaxlove(m): 7:43pm On Jul 10, 2019
obaxlove:

Please I just submitted my application online few days ago. I only stated countries I have traveled to I didn't know where to state or talk about the previous denials. How can I work on this? I dont want misinterpretation please. The countries are USA and France

Help me what can I do now that I have submitted. I am just seeing this now.

Please someone should help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 7:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
kcosam:

Please what's is advantages and con's?
But in your own case, you were not asked to explain your reason for early arrival, right?
No I wasn't asked any questions
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 7:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
holllowu:
I got my Police Clerance Certificate this morning from Alagbon Lagos. It was super easy and fast !!! It took less than 20mins.
How much did you pay? Do you have a contact there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by raymege: 7:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
Good evening House, Please when filling out an online application, if you dont have "Upfront medicals' available yet i.e. you have not done upfront medicals should the "medical tab" be one of the tabs listed by IRCC for documents to upload?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:10pm On Jul 10, 2019
Why is nobody responding to this
Alday:

Sponsor fully paid the session tuition and I presented my own SOA with 2m closing but I guess the sponsor's 6m closing balance was the weak link.

THIS IS NOT THE END.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SimpleDimples: 8:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
JustMellow:

I guess this TRV is a visit visa? for what (conference?) and what is the duration? Currently I think there's somewhat of a delay in processing, I know of about 2 persons who'd applied for VV since either middle or close to the ending of June without any update.

You can raise a CSE or send emails or better yet, request for your gcms notes to find out what stage is the processing or what seems to be the cause of the delay.

For a conference that started on Monday.

Do you have an email address i can send my enquires to?

Thanks so much for your feedback.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 8:54pm On Jul 10, 2019
Alday:

THIS IS NOT THE END.

You would get better help if you state your full profile. That is:
Most recent educational attainment and program you applied for
Relationship with sponsor
Current status i.e student / worker and how long OP has been in the labour force if OP is a worker.
Basically anything that would give anyone on here an idea of your application.

Personally, due to the purpose of visit reason, I think you just need to work on your SOP and you should be good to go pending when the GCMS arrives.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alday: 8:57pm On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:
What's ur timeline, I think the purpose of visit is the main issue, u stated u have worked or u have a gap, one of it, if u have worked, it's expected u have tangible amount coupled with the fact the VO isn't convinced u r genuine student, I think that's where all the problem starts. Is the sponsor related, did you mention the sponsor dependents??what's his source of income, that would determine if 6million is ok or not, good luck with ur next trial.

He's my uncle.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alday: 9:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
95seun:

You would get better help if you state your full profile. That is:
Most recent educational attainment and program you applied for
Relationship with sponsor
Current status i.e student / worker and how long OP has been in the labour force if OP is a worker.
Basically anything that would give anyone on here an idea of your application.

Personally, due to the purpose of visit reason, I think you just need to work on your SOP and you should be good to go pending when the GCMS arrives.

I have a Btech Financial Mgt (3.86/5) and was offered a postgrad certificate Business Accountancy.

Damn, guys keep up hope if your application is pending. Like I earlier added, this is not the end and it musn't Be Canada.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 9:09pm On Jul 10, 2019
Obehi44:

How much did you pay? Do you have a contact there?

police Character Certificate goes for 5K at alagbon police CID headquarters Ikoyi, Lagos. When you get there ask of Inspector Bami. He will assist you in getting the certificate sorted out within 30 minutes.

I hope this helps to future applicants seeking for police Character Certificate.

All credit to Frankrobbn1.
If you search the travel section you’ll notice the price varies. But it’s within the 2k to 10k range, depending on your bargaining skills.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 9:21pm On Jul 10, 2019
Alday:

I have a Btech Financial Mgt (3.86/5) and was offered a postgrad certificate Business Accountancy.

Damn, guys keep up hope if your application is pending. Like I earlier added, this is not the end and it musn't Be Canada.

Please check Philomathhh’s recent post for an example of a good profile.
With that said, I think you should start redrafting your SOP to explain the links between previous courses based on the attached template. Also apply for your GCMS if you’re not planning on reapplying immediately.

If you’re chanced I’ll recommend you read thesoj’s history. Very informative.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alday: 9:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
95seun:

Please check Philomathhh’s recent post for an example of a good profile.
With that said, I think you should start redrafting your SOP to explain the links between previous courses based on the attached template. Also apply for your GCMS if you’re not planning on reapplying immediately.

If you’re chanced I’ll recommend you read thesoj’s history. Very informative.

Thanks. My LOE/SOP was 4 pages and I treated all the points you attached in a numbered list especially on academic progression, career relationship and Canada vs Nigeria choice aside other home ties, police, (passed) Medicals slip and numbered list of all submitted documents (expenses budget estimate from school, receipts plus all other documents). I even included SOA ticket numbers.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 9:36pm On Jul 10, 2019
Alday:

Thanks. My LOE/SOP was 4 pages and I treated all the points you attached in a numbered list especially on academic progression, career relationship and Canada vs Nigeria choice aside other home ties, police, (passed) Medicals slip and numbered list of all submitted documents. I even included SOA ticket numbers.

PM me and I’ll review your SOP/LOE. Also try contacting other people on this thread for SOP review help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 9:53pm On Jul 10, 2019
Guys, my sponsor made a mistake in the name of my institution. So he said State instead of Southern in certain documents. The plan is to tender another letter correcting the aforementioned mistake or would it be advisable to completely change the affected documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Leave7777: 10:16pm On Jul 10, 2019
Hello everyone, Please is there anyone who knows what to do after being refused based on fake bank account? Got a mail from Lagos immigration also and it's the same document that was sent to my CIC account.

Please help, don't judge, you won't believe me if I said it's not my fault. Just help tho. What can I do? Or if you have heard of anyone, what did the person do? And what happened?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 10:23pm On Jul 10, 2019
Please any school with full funding for me?
I want to study Agricultural Economics related course MSc
I have my first degree in Agricultural Economics and Farm Management with cgpa of 4.56/5.0, one publication and one under review, i also have other certifications apart from my normal degree, one conference attended although in Nigeria. I applied to Manitoba but I was rejected.
Got admission to wageningen university and research but 5 slots givin to Nigeria went to gals
pls I need someone yo put me through.
I will appreciate it if you can chat me up on whatsapp
Thank you.

(1) (2) (3) ... (114) (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.