Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,160 members, 7,815,048 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (120) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020986 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rik500k(m): 8:44am On Jul 11, 2019
Ormohlawlah:

Hello, I can't answer your question but I want to draw your attention to something, please let me know if you're aware of this already. Do you know that Brandon University has increased its tuition fee for international students? You might wanna check the new fee information. 9credit hours won't be that amount again...or did the admissions officer tell you that you'll be paying the old tuition fee?
Also, I think CIC expects you to have the tuition and living expenses for a year, which is 30 credit hour-tuition, not 9credit hours. I say this because the school should give you a letter that would contain your estimated tuition and other fees expenses for a year which you will submit during your visa application. I stand to be corrected o. I just you to do enough research first before you apply for your visa, the gurus in the house will shed more light on this soon.
ormohlawlah, thanks a lot for drawing my attention to this, just downloaded their tuition pdf for international students, prices are $15k per session, wow yhats a huge jump from their tuition some 3 years ago. can i talk to u privately as not to derail the thread
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Imadeosarodion: 8:48am On Jul 11, 2019
Are you the one that duped me, whats even your concern self, if you don't have an answer to my question let people that do answer. I reject your prayer.

Joromi12:
imade you have been duped again. Why not look for a smaller less complex country to apply to. You dont meet canada or aussie requirements. U will keep getting duped
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 9:11am On Jul 11, 2019
jessyeve:
Please anyone who applied 7th June downwards, paper route that has received response
Yes dear... I applied on the 13th of June but I linked my application online on the 1st of July
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 9:31am On Jul 11, 2019
How come you know these guys considering the fact that you just joined the forum this morning..
Travelforum:
Guys, very credible information reaching me tonight. Tlontin and OptimusPrime21 were refused visas after passport request because they used fake statement of account. I hope you guys can come out to debunk this. So sad.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:42am On Jul 11, 2019
Any update?
Blije:

Yes dear... I applied on the 13th of June but I linked my application online on the 1st of July
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 9:42am On Jul 11, 2019
yes, paper route for may 10th
medical request june 24th
medicals done july 4th
thats the latest on my paper route
jessyeve:
Any paper route applicant? Please show
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:49am On Jul 11, 2019
SimpleDimples:

For a conference that started on Monday.

Do you have an email address i can send my enquires to?

Thanks so much for your feedback.

If the conference has began, it might not be favourable to a positive decision, especially if the duration is short. The emails are below:

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ormohlawlah: 9:51am On Jul 11, 2019
Rik500k:
ormohlawlah, thanks a lot for drawing my attention to this, just downloaded their tuition pdf for international students, prices are $15k per session, wow yhats a huge jump from their tuition some 3 years ago. can i talk to u privately as not to derail the thread

Exactly, and they don't even have entrance scholarships for international students no matter how good your WAEC result is... They just increased the tuition recently, I think international students will start paying the new tuition fee from this fall semester.
You're free to send a PM to me, I don't mind.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:53am On Jul 11, 2019
waynee2baba:
Guys, my sponsor made a mistake in the name of my institution. So he said State instead of Southern in certain documents. The plan is to tender another letter correcting the aforementioned mistake or would it be advisable to completely change the affected documents?

If you've not submitted, it will be best if you fix the mistakes before submission. But if you did already, the you can just write a letter explaining the mistakes, and send via email or webform to IRCC.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 9:56am On Jul 11, 2019
Shadypoza01:
Aii,thanks alot 4d info, mine is alrdy 7 working days now but am hoping on 10-15 workings it shud be out.

My prayer goes to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 10:04am On Jul 11, 2019
Leave7777:
Hello everyone, Please is there anyone who knows what to do after being refused based on fake bank account? Got a mail from Lagos immigration also and it's the same document that was sent to my CIC account.

Please help, don't judge, you won't believe me if I said it's not my fault. Just help tho. What can I do? Or if you have heard of anyone, what did the person do? And what happened?

I am confused here, were you refused base on "fake bank account?"
Was it a paper route or online submission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:16am On Jul 11, 2019
Wow congrats, what's your profile, who's ur sponsor
ca12:
yes, paper route for may 10th
medical request june 24th
medicals done july 4th
thats the latest on my paper route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IamR: 10:17am On Jul 11, 2019
JustMellow:

If the conference has began, it might not be favourable to a positive decision, especially if the duration is short. The emails are below:

nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca
lagos.immigration@international.gc.ca
LDNIMMIGRATION@international.gc.ca

Good luck!

My brother is in a similar situation. The conference he wanted to attend started on Monday and it will end next week Thursday. It is a reapplication and we want to withdraw it to avoid another refusal since the conference has started. Do you know the procedure to withdraw application that its review of eligibility has not started since 16/05/2019 or can we send withdrawal email to the provided email addresses? Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2019
jessyeve:
Any update?
Not really... I did upfront medicals and passed it since June 25th
My background check is on but my eligibility review hasn’t started
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:37am On Jul 11, 2019
IamR:

My brother is in a similar situation. The conference he wanted to attend started on Monday and it will end next week Thursday. It is a reapplication and we want to withdraw it to avoid another refusal since the conference has started. Do you know the procedure to withdraw application that its review of eligibility has not started since 16/05/2019 or can we send withdrawal email to the provided email addresses? Thank you.

Yes, he can withdraw, use the email address on my post you quoted or send a webform to IRCC with his full name, DoB, application number, CoR, application type, and a brief body message regarding the effect.

BTW i don't want to keep detailing the thread, here is not the appropriate thread for Visiting Visa. All queries should be channeled to the VV thread.

I wish your bro. luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Goodylicious74(f): 10:38am On Jul 11, 2019
Hi, I'm looking at applying for an Msc in Biotechnology next year but I haven't decided which school yet. I would appreciate any information on the possibility of getting a fully funded scholarship and which school. I had a 4.02/5.0 in Biochemistry. I'm preparing for GRE. Which province has more opportunities in biotech. How possible is it get a job after school. Please, anyone with information? I'll will really appreciate it. Thanks

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Uncle123: 10:51am On Jul 11, 2019
abusmanlouis:

There is no problem at all with you application. cic website has been malfunctioning and updating nonsense. Just relax and be faithful

Alright.... thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 10:53am On Jul 11, 2019
parental sponsorship
jessyeve:
Wow congrats, what's your profile, who's ur sponsor

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 11:07am On Jul 11, 2019
Sorry for the late response, you can either send a webform to the office handling his application or a direct mail to their respective email addresses.. In ur mail to them, make sure u put down all his application details and the kinda Visa he applied for... Hope this helps.. Peace
IamR:
Oga Frankrobbn1, Makano et al, please how can we withdraw an application, the conference my brother wanted to attend has already started and review of eligibility has not started?
Sorry this is not a study visa application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by shinaldo(m): 11:16am On Jul 11, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

Same June 21st, have you submitted your passport too?

I submitted it on the day of my application. It was a paper route.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 11:16am On Jul 11, 2019
Were u refused or Banned, which one?... To ma knowledge on this thread so far, anybody refused cos of fake documents gets a ban, that is why I am asking if you were banned or not.. And if you were not banned cos of ur fake SOA, then u must be a very lucky Dude.. Peace
Leave7777:
Hello everyone, Please is there anyone who knows what to do after being refused based on fake bank account? Got a mail from Lagos immigration also and it's the same document that was sent to my CIC account.

Please help, don't judge, you won't believe me if I said it's not my fault. Just help tho. What can I do? Or if you have heard of anyone, what did the person do? And what happened?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by shinaldo(m): 11:17am On Jul 11, 2019
Please, for those that applied through Paper route, and got approved on their portal? How do you get your passport back ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:17am On Jul 11, 2019
Goodylicious74:
Hi, I'm looking at applying for an Msc in Biotechnology next year but I haven't decided which school yet. I would appreciate any information on the possibility of getting a fully funded scholarship and which school. I had a 4.02/5.0 in Biochemistry. I'm preparing for GRE. Which province has more opportunities in biotech. How possible is it get a job after school. Please, anyone with information? I'll will really appreciate it. Thanks

In getting a full funded scholarship goes beyond just the CGPA, as there are other required criteria to be satisfied which is not limited to:

1. The GPA of your last 2yrs which must either meet the 70% or 75% required by most Canadian DLI

2. Some schools don't need you to write GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/etc except its a must requirement.

3. Contact and secure a potential supervisor. This is like a bridge to a sure scholarship, but securing a supervisor could be painstaking.

4. Write a proposal that is outstanding, discussing your intended topic, interest, and areas of research similar to (1 or 2) that of the faculty members.

5. Getting a job can always start with menial jobs except you're lucky to get a good job or a TA/RA.

6. It is possible to get a job, even if its not a dream job.

7. University of Victoria, Memorial University, University of Manitoba, Dalhousie University, Simon Fraser University, University of British Columbia are good schools with formidable research funding/incentives.

8. You can do more personal research.

Good luck!

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2019
shinaldo:
Please, for those that applied through Paper route, and got approved on their portal? How do you get your passport back ?
From the VAC you applied initially
That’s either in Lagos or Abuja (vfs)
You can track it with your tracking ID or call them to know if the embassy has returned your passport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:32am On Jul 11, 2019
Track it and see if it is ready for collection.. If you didn't pay for courier service then you go to VFS and pick it up
shinaldo:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Josade69: 11:44am On Jul 11, 2019
If your medicals have been passed and both eligibility and background checks are simultaneously going on. What does that mean for one's application (with upfront medicals already passed)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by degxyflexy: 11:46am On Jul 11, 2019
Please bro can you help me on how to tackle refusal on the ground of
- Travel history
- Purpose of visit
I was given admission for MEd (curriculum and pedagogy) and I have been teaching for over 15 years. I really need your help bro.
makano:
Sorry for the late response, you can either send a webform to the office handling his application or a direct mail to their respective email addresses.. In ur mail to them, make sure u put down all his application details and the kinda Visa he applied for... Hope this helps.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by litterbug(f): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2019
Obehi44:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Goodylicious74(f): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2019
Thank You very much for this detailed response. I'll research further.

JustMellow:

In getting a full funded scholarship goes beyond just the CGPA, as there are other required criteria to be satisfied which is not limited to:

1. The GPA of your last 2yrs which must either meet the 70% or 75% required by most Canadian DLI

2. Some schools don't need you to write GRE/GMAT/IELTS/TOEFL/PTE/etc except its a must requirement.

3. Contact and secure a potential supervisor. This is like a bridge to a sure scholarship, but securing a supervisor could be painstaking.

4. Write a proposal that is outstanding, discussing your intended topic, interest, and areas of research similar to (1 or 2) that of the faculty members.

5. Getting a job can always start with menial jobs except you're lucky to get a good job or a TA/RA.

6. It is possible to get a job, even if its not a dream job.

7. University of Victoria, Memorial University, University of Manitoba, Dalhousie University, Simon Fraser University, University of British Columbia are good schools with formidable research funding/incentives.

8. You can do more personal research.

Good luck!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by litterbug(f): 11:50am On Jul 11, 2019
Pls I'm confused also. What do they mean by fake bank documents. Does it mean that the bank statements were forged or a sponsor gave a statement to one person and an agent used it for multiple people.
Pls someone should enlighten me pls.

Obehi44:

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 11, 2019
They will send you a message when it's ready for collection.
shinaldo:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 95seun(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2019
Leave7777:

If you have a ban, there’s not much you can do until after the expiration of the ban. Fighting the case is expensive and not just worth it.

You would also need to be more specific about the circumstances and the nature of the fake bank account.

If you want proper advise, post the full situation upfront. Otherwise, there really is no point in asking.

(1) (2) (3) ... (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) (122) (123) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.