Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,824 members, 7,820,901 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 01:16 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (118) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025923 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:24pm On Jul 10, 2019
Forgt Canada for now.
Leave7777:
Hello everyone, Please is there anyone who knows what to do after being refused based on fake bank account? Got a mail from Lagos immigration also and it's the same document that was sent to my CIC account.

Please help, don't judge, you won't believe me if I said it's not my fault. Just help tho. What can I do? Or if you have heard of anyone, what did the person do? And what happened?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by shinaldo(m): 10:25pm On Jul 10, 2019
ghabrhiel10:
Please my nairaland people, this is what my application is saying but I've submitted my passport since 21 of June for stamping. Should I send a CSE to IRCC or I should still remain calm.

When did they request for your passport to be submitted?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:26pm On Jul 10, 2019
What do u mean went to girls? Well Google is ur friend, Google
victorsol:
Please any school with full funding for me?
I want to study Agricultural Economics related course MSc
I have my first degree in Agricultural Economics and Farm Management with cgpa of 4.56/5.0, one publication and one under review, i also have other certifications apart from my normal degree, one conference attended although in Nigeria. I applied to Manitoba but I was rejected.
Got admission to wageningen university and research but 5 slots givin to Nigeria went to gals
pls I need someone yo put me through.
I will appreciate it if you can chat me up on whatsapp
Thank you.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
How does this ur question help anyone? Yimu undecided
shinaldo:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 10:29pm On Jul 10, 2019
?
waynee2baba:
Guys, my sponsor made a mistake in the name of my institution. So he said State instead of Southern in certain documents. The plan is to tender another letter correcting the aforementioned mistake or would it be advisable to completely change the affected documents?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OB411(m): 10:31pm On Jul 10, 2019
Alday:

Thanks. My LOE/SOP was 4 pages and I treated all the points you attached in a numbered list especially on academic progression, career relationship and Canada vs Nigeria choice aside other home ties, police, (passed) Medicals slip and numbered list of all submitted documents (expenses budget estimate from school, receipts plus all other documents). I even included SOA ticket numbers.

Am no guru though, take my advise with a pinch of salt.

Sorry about the refusal.

I think the VO must have thought your cgpa was good enough to secure an admission into a direct Msc program, I share the same sentiments as well hence the rejection based on purpose of visit.

I also think you stand a better chance of getting an approval if you reapply to study a Masters related degree which shows career progression.

Others might have something to add, my 2cents.

All the best in your next application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by shinaldo(m): 10:37pm On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:
How does this ur question help anyone? Yimu undecided

I wanted to know when he got his passport request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ron5ke: 10:46pm On Jul 10, 2019
Please when did you apply??
MizJae:
Hello everyone. I am new to this tread . Just got my acceptance letter from Humber college Toronto. Please how do I go about the student visa and co-op work permit .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 10:52pm On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:
What do u mean went to girls? Well Google is ur friend, Google
I mean they gave them prority. it's OKP scholarship, you can Google it to confirm.

for the school, have been able to get Guelph, Saskatchewan, lethbridge and Alberta but getting supervisor is the issue and if I can't even find one, I want to be sure of the one that coud best give me full funding.
just need advice from those with full funding whether they get supervisor or not or anyone sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:56pm On Jul 10, 2019
Congrats @ Qudkom

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Jul 10, 2019
Supervisor first before admission, that's how it is, good things don't come easy
victorsol:

I mean they gave them prority. it's OKP scholarship, you can Google it to confirm.

for the school, have been able to get Guelph, Saskatchewan, lethbridge and Alberta but getting supervisor is the issue and if I can't even find one, I want to be sure of the one that coud best give me full funding.
just need advice from those with full funding whether they get supervisor or not or anyone sha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:05pm On Jul 10, 2019
I don't think that's a, big issue but if u must then go ahead and exchange
waynee2baba:
?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza01: 11:28pm On Jul 10, 2019
Aii,thanks alot 4d info, mine is alrdy 7 working days now but am hoping on 10-15 workings it shud be out.

JustMellow:

Traditionally, it used to be between 3-5 days, then it moves from 5-10 days. Now, it has eaten deep into more than 10 days. So, I can't really give an accurate answer. But i do hope yours comes back quickly.

Best of luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 11:35pm On Jul 10, 2019
jessyeve:
Supervisor first before admission, that's how it is, good things don't come easy
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alliswellmog: 11:39pm On Jul 10, 2019
Guys, correspondence letter came in this evening, without a medical request, I already know what it means. I gave it my best shot, but obviously it wasn’t good enough.
Applied June 22.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 11:40pm On Jul 10, 2019
quote author=victorsol post=80143469]

just need advice from those with full funding whether they get supervisor or not or anyone sha [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by shinaldo(m): 11:42pm On Jul 10, 2019
Please, for those that applied through Paper route, and got approved on their portal? How do you get your passport back ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2019
Try Memorial University of Newfoundland, contact lecturers in your proposed field of study with your master degree proposal, highlight what topic you would like to research on as a graduate student.
You cant just message lecturers and request for them to be your supervisors with no study or course plan.
Wish you all the best in your search.

victorsol:

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 11:48pm On Jul 10, 2019
mzjokky16:
Try Memorial University of Newfoundland, contact lecturers in your proposed field of study with your master degree proposal, highlight what topic you would like to research on as a graduate student.
You cant just message lecturers and request for them to be your supervisors with no study or course plan.
Wish you all the best in your search.

Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 11:50pm On Jul 10, 2019
shinaldo:

21st of June
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by FunG: 11:51pm On Jul 10, 2019
I would like to migrate to Canada through express entry.
1. I am 33yrs old
2. I have been an entrepreneur for 6 years before I got an official job relating with my craft.
3. I only have Ordinary National Diploma (OND)

Does anyone here know how i can boost my point?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 12:01am On Jul 11, 2019
Alliswellmog:
Guys, correspondence letter came in this evening, without a medical request, I already know what it means. I gave it my best shot, but obviously it wasn’t good enough.
Applied June 22.
So sorry about that bro. Is it your first Application or reapplication? Also share your profile
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alliswellmog: 12:07am On Jul 11, 2019
Ayodeji786:

So sorry about that bro. Is it your first Application or reapplication? Also share your profile

First app for study permit, I applied for visiting visa last year was denied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alliswellmog: 12:08am On Jul 11, 2019
Please how long does it take to get the refusal letter after getting the correspondence mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 12:13am On Jul 11, 2019
Alliswellmog:
Please how long does it take to get the refusal letter after getting the correspondence mail?

It has no specific time bro. However don't just give up like that.

Keep trusting God. Yours can be exceptional.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by shinaldo(m): 12:25am On Jul 11, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

21st of June

When was your portal updated to approval?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 12:46am On Jul 11, 2019
jessyeve:
Forgt Canada for now.

Nawa for u o... if u actually read wat the moniker said... it would have been better u ignored.. he's actions in no way makes getting a visa hard, shey u know..

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (115) (116) (117) (118) (119) (120) (121) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.