Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,444 members, 7,826,704 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 06:52 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (132) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1027956 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Fame2me79: 8:53am On Jul 15, 2019
xcaper:
Congratulations, am happy you got your approvals after some previous attempts. No giving up
Wow! This has really encouraged me! Congratulations!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AdimGreat(f): 11:44am On Jul 15, 2019
Hello Guys,

I have the following professional IT certifications and I've been wondering where they count in all these Canadian Express Entry application. Been searching the internet on which certification is eligible for ECA but hasn't found anything.

- ITIL
- CCNA (Routing and Switching)
- PRINCE 2 (Practitioner)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)

Would be grateful to get any info concerning this from anyone here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 12:17pm On Jul 15, 2019
@heeneeholuwa

Blema111:

Queens University, Saskatchewan, Windsor and as a matter of fact, most schools don’t require it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 12:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Good day guys, please if I'm to travel to Canada with Lufthansa airline with lay-over in Frankfurt, Germany, do I need a transit visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Prisscindy(f): 12:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hi guys,
I want to ask a question, i have a friend who got rejected for a study permit and wants to reapply. But instead of an SOP, he wants to submit a review from a lawyer, addressing the grounds for rejection. Is that enough or he should add an SOP?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 12:38pm On Jul 15, 2019
Nope
ghabrhiel10:
Good day guys, please if I'm to travel to Canada with Lufthansa airline with lay-over in Frankfurt, Germany, do I need a transit visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Prisscindy(f): 12:40pm On Jul 15, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

No, you don't. My dad flies to the USA with Lufthansa without a German transit visa, so same rule would apply.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 12:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
AdimGreat:
Hello Guys,

I have the following professional IT certifications and I've been wondering where they count in all these Canadian Express Entry application. Been searching the internet on which certification is eligible for ECA but hasn't found anything.

- ITIL
- CCNA (Routing and Switching)
- PRINCE 2 (Practitioner)
- CompTIA Security+
- Certified Ethical Hacker (CEH)

Would be grateful to get any info concerning this from anyone here.
Good day. Ask your question here https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/329

cheers.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ghabrhiel10: 12:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
Thanks Tvickie and Prisscindy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ditha(f): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
helo dera please if u aren't too busy, check your e-mail and reply my DM. I am also interested in going to canada for my MSc, my CGP is pretty good 4.65/5.00, i really dont know how to start. i am interested in Biotechnology as well.. thanks and conragts

I have responded to all PM’s[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 12:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ymin:

A P P R O V A L A L E R T !!!
Program: MSc Biosystem Engineering, University Of Manitoba(Fall,2019)

This is my 3rd Application after 2 previous refusals and I have been a silent reader on this forum:

Application timeline
Route – Paper, processed in Nairobi Kenya
Applied 15th May 2019
Biometrics not required as the previous one is valid. I was able to link it online on the 26th May and then Background check already running.
Eligibility review 12th June
Medical Request 14th June
Medical Done 17th June at IOM Ikeja
Medical Passed 20th June
BVL-July 9th
Approval- July 10th
Then I got a text message late evening on Thursday 11th July from VFS Lagos that Passport is ready for pick up.
Passport pick up 12th July 2019(Within 2mins at VFS counter in Lekki, which was the fastest of all the waiting process from the beginning of the application)

Documents submitted:

Academic Qualification

B.Eng Degree in Agricultural Engineering
Msc Admission letter
Transcript from the University
CV
O Level Cert

Proof of Financial Support

Personal statement of account comprising current account balance of N3M and Fixed deposit of N3M
Reference Letter from the Bank to support SOA
Letter of Sponsorship as Postgraduate research assistant with funding of CAD18,000 for each year of my study.
Tuition is CAD12, 400 but also got an IGSES Scholarship of CAD5, 400 which is usually applied on the Tuition to effectively reduce it to CAD7, 000

Other documents

IMM Forms
Passport photo
Police Clearance Certificate was submitted during the first application so didn’t bother doing it again.
NYSC certificate
A work ID, Promotion letters and introduction letter from work
Landed property with Survey and Deed Of Assignment
Marriage cert and kids birth cert
Wife's passport biodata page
SOP and LOE address previous refusals in details

A few of my success stories and testimonies:

I first applied for a study visa to Canada in April 2018 and was refused June same year with Purpose of Visit.
Second Application was in Feb 2019 and was refused the same month with Purpose of visit and travel history.

In both cases, I used the services of an agent and I applied with the M.eng (One year course based) admission letter
Shortly before my second application, I contacted Frankrobbn to assist proofread my SOP. Despite his kind assistance then with every effort put in place, I was still delayed. Then after my second refusal, I contacted Bracha who encouraged me not to give up and assisted with part of my SOP correction.

Sometimes in Jan this year, I had thought of switching from the Meng to Msc but getting supervisor was the issue. After a series of emails with usual "no funding, no space" responses, God finally came through for me and that marks the turning point in my Canada journey. I got a Prof willing to supervise me and provided the Stipend that fully covers my study around April and then I decided to reapply for the 3rd time in May 2019.

This time around,Qudkom came to my rescue. We talk extensively, exchange emails and I had to even travel to a neighboring city to meet this wonderful and kind guy that I didn't know from anywhere just to ensure I get it right this time. Anyway, no more agent as I am prepared to take all the advice of the gurus to do it by myself.

Few days to my submission date, I had to literally go through all of Franks past post to ensure all my T's have been crossed and I's dotted.

My special appreciation thus goes to Frankrobbn, Bracha and Qudkom who positively influenced my application in a way or the other
Every other guru: Makano, Justmellow and so many Monikers I may not mention. God bless your selfless efforts on this thread.

I need to also mention that I am advanced in age and I have never traveled outside Nigeria before and I also graduated university in 2006 with about 11 years working experience. Married with 2 kids but I decided to apply alone first.
This is to encourage someone not to really give up.

Nevertheless all human efforts, IT IS NOT OF HIM THAT WILLS, NOR OF HIM WHO RUNS, BUT OF GOD WHO SHOWS MERCY....

More Success stories to every applicant awaiting feedback from Schools or the Embassy!!!

Congratulations again brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 1:05pm On Jul 15, 2019
Prisscindy:
Hi guys,
I want to ask a question, i have a friend who got rejected for a study permit and wants to reapply. But instead of an SOP, he wants to submit a review from a lawyer, addressing the grounds for rejection. Is that enough or he should add an SOP?
Lawyer? Sorry there isn't any grounds for that. What he needs is to review his refusal grounds order a gcms note and work on it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by stevewrites(m): 1:24pm On Jul 15, 2019
These tips are really insightful for any graduates who wishes to study abroad. Kudos
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ditha(f): 1:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hello guys.. NEWBIE ALERT!!!! i just started my research and somehow i landed on this trend... Thank God!.. there is soomuch here and i am scared my head might burst. OK, i have a BSc. in Biological sciences with a first class degree (4.65/5.00). i will be done with NYSC in 3 months and the only documents i have in hand; transcript and intl passport lipsrsealed .. i need help guys! like where should i start! my field of interest for MSc is biotechnology.someone should help please! like how can i leave Nigeria next year to fulfill my dreams?! i will need a scholarship, HOW? Admission, HOW? VISA, HOW?!!!! cry cry cry HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS THINGS EHHHN!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Prisscindy(f): 2:11pm On Jul 15, 2019
Qudkom:

Lawyer? Sorry there isn't any grounds for that. What he needs is to review his refusal grounds order a gcms note and work on it.

It's more like the lawyer wrote on his behalf on the reasons for his rejection, which are; personal assets and financial circumstance. So unlike the first SOP he submitted, the lawyer focused only on his new additional and improved documents. He has also requested for his gcms note but it hasn't arrived. Can he use the letter from the lawyer or write a new SOP stating what has changed or write a new SOP altogether from his first and adding what has changed?
Hope you get my explanation, thanks for your anticipated response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 2:19pm On Jul 15, 2019
Prisscindy:

It's more like the lawyer wrote on his behalf on the reasons for his rejection, which are; personal assets and financial circumstance. So unlike the first SOP he submitted, the lawyer focused only on his new additional and improved documents. He has also requested for his gcms note but it hasn't arrived. Can he use the letter from the lawyer or write a new SOP stating what has changed or write a new SOP altogether from his first and adding what has changed?
Hope you get my explanation, thanks for your anticipated response.
What he needs is a gcms note to guide him and a letter of explanation to explain previous denial. But then if the lawyer is in charge of his application then fine.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 2:35pm On Jul 15, 2019
I can see you are a First class graduate which means you must be a very smart Kid who studied hard to get ur First class status. Now what I will need you to do is for you to read up this thread from previous parts, lets say from Part 14 to this present part and page, and I am certain when u would have read up all the information you need for a study permit Visa, U will be a First class prospective Canadian study permit applicant with relevant information... And in case u dnt still understand some little things after reading up, then u can ask me any question, I will personally give u a reply or any other Guru can give u a reply.. But first u must read up from Part 14. And note, from ur question I will know if you had read up the previous parts or not. So dnt play smart.. I see you as a very smart Kid, so I dnt expect you will come up here to be spoon fed with information, cos I am sure u were not spoon fed to get ur 1st class degree... Read up previous Parts and get the 1st class information you need... Peace
ditha:
Hello guys.. NEWBIE ALERT!!!! i just started my research and somehow i landed on this trend... Thank God!.. there is soomuch here and i am scared my head might burst. OK, i have a BSc. in Biological sciences with a first class degree (4.65/5.00). i will be done with NYSC in 3 months and the only documents i have in hand; transcript and intl passport lipsrsealed .. i need help guys! like where should i start! my field of interest for MSc is biotechnology.someone should help please! like how can i leave Nigeria next year to fulfill my dreams?! i will need a scholarship, HOW? Admission, HOW? VISA, HOW?!!!! cry cry cry HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS THINGS EHHHN!

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Passion2009: 2:36pm On Jul 15, 2019
Philomathhh:
Even the almighty UToronto, McGill and UBC don't ask Nigerians for IELTS. I didn't submit anything concerning English language at McGill, and for UBC, I only uploaded the "English as a Medium of instruction" document.

If you have a very good GPA, just try those schools and forget IELTS/TOEFL and GRE.

Were you admitted to the McGills and/or the University of Toronto and UBC? They are the top schools in Canada and I hardly see Nigerians(on nairaland) apply/secure admission into these top 3 schools.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by novughakpo88: 3:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
[color=#990000][/color][color=#006600]pls can someone explain to me? Applied via paper route 7the june and linked it online . no msg , no update

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by novughakpo88: 3:15pm On Jul 15, 2019
[color=#990000][/color][color=#006600]pls can someone explain to me? Applied via paper route 7the june and linked it online . no msg ,no update

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 3:34pm On Jul 15, 2019
novughakpo88:
[color=#990000][/color][color=#006600]pls can someone explain to me? Applied via paper route 7the june and linked it online . no msg ,no update

Your application is still on background check. So don't worry. Keep praying and hoping for the best.

Is this your first Application or reapplication?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by blackfarmer1510: 3:46pm On Jul 15, 2019
ghabrhiel10:

You don't need a transit visa. I travel to the US and UK with air france, Lufthansa and KLM all the time and I never require a transit visa. Only if you plan to enter Germany for a few days that you will require a transit visa. If Canada is your final destination you will proceed to your connecting flight or wait at the departure gate for your next flight

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hiambenson: 3:52pm On Jul 15, 2019
novughakpo88:

First off, I guess you must gave done your biometrics since you applied through paper route.

Secondly, I think your application is basically still at the baby stage and they are currently doing a background check on you - looking you up online via social media platforms, checking if you're affiliated to any terrorist, serial killer, etc

Your eligibility review (this has to do with verification of the documents you submitted during your application, ascertaining the authentication of the documents, checking if you have the stipulated funds needed for your studies and it's also the last stage of your application before a final decision will be made, be it an APPROVAL or DENIAL) is yet to commence which means your application haven't passed the background stage. I guess you didn't do upfront medicals, right??
Hope this helps...Others can throw more light on this.

Cheers!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shadypoza01: 4:06pm On Jul 15, 2019
Check out Centennial college

deejay2u:
. PLease I need to apply for Diploma course and I don't want to write IELTS exam,pls is that possible. Please urgent need cause I want to apply in September
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Philomathhh(m): 4:08pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yes, I got into McGill University.

Passion2009:

Were you admitted to the McGills and/or the University of Toronto and UBC? They are the top schools in Canada and I hardly see Nigerians(on nairaland) apply/secure admission into these top 3 schools.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ysakaws1: 4:09pm On Jul 15, 2019
I applied to University of Manitoba for Masters in Computer Science coursework based for Fall 2019 but I was denied. I am planning to apply again for Fall 2020, and this is where I need the advise of you guys. Is it advisable that I apply again? Will they place more consideration on my application because it is the second time or it will be less consideration? Also, can you recommend any not-very-expensive university in Canada that offers Comp Science coursework based program?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 4:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
Congratulations.

Great news!!!

Ymin:

A P P R O V A L A L E R T !!!
Program: MSc Biosystem Engineering, University Of Manitoba(Fall,2019)

This is my 3rd Application after 2 previous refusals and I have been a silent reader on this forum:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 4:49pm On Jul 15, 2019
novughakpo88:
[color=#990000][/color][color=#006600]pls can someone explain to me? Applied via paper route 7the june and linked it online . no msg , no update
I applied on paper also on the 13th of June and this is exactly how my account is. Still on background check. Although I did medicals upfront which I passed since the 25th of June.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Prisscindy(f): 4:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
Qudkom:

What he needs is a gcms note to guide him and a letter of explanation to explain previous denial. But then if the lawyer is in charge of his application then fine.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 5:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Congrats to you!!!
shinaldo:
Hello,

Here's my Timeline:

*Paper Application*:
Submission & Biometrics - May 8, 2019
Medical request - June 15
Medicals done - June 26
Medicals passed - July 1
BVL- July 9
Approval - July 10
Passport Collected - July 12

*Documents submitted*
-Application form (IMM 1294E)
-Family Information (IMM 5645)
-Student Permit Questionnaire

*Academic Documents*
-Letter of Acceptance & Scholarship Letter
-NECO
-B.Sc Certificate
-Transcript
-NYSC Certificate

*Financial Documents*
-SOA of my uncle with a balance of 9M
-Tax Certificate
-Affidavit of Support
-Letter of Support
-CAC

*Supporting Documents*
-My Birth Certificate
-Mum and Dad's Birth Certificate
-Brother's Birth Certificate
-My Uncle's Sworn Affidavit for Declaration of Age
-My CV
-SOP

This was my 1st application. I'm going for a M.Sc Program, finished my B.Sc 2016.

Application handled by CIC Nairobi.

Thanks to everyone on this platform for the work you are doing. You contributed positively in one way or the other, believe me.

Special appreciation to @blcoolfemol for his support and encouragement, I really do appreciate it.

God bless you all!

NB: Who's at University of Ontario Institute of Technology, I would like to connect.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 5:13pm On Jul 15, 2019
ditha:

smiles.
How
How.
it's well

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alexkrueger: 5:26pm On Jul 15, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
Amen oooo frank am still waiting for this people oooooo. Why did delay after getting BVL? Its a month today, it must end in praise.
Any news yet?

(1) (2) (3) ... (129) (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.