Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,189 members, 7,829,257 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (133) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029329 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AdimGreat(f): 5:57pm On Jul 15, 2019
Stevenssen:

Good day. Ask your question here https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled/329

cheers.

Thanks for the response.

Someone already mentioned that none is eligible for ECA but will still seek second opinion from the thread you referred.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 5:58pm On Jul 15, 2019
Welcome, take deep breaths, your head will not burst. Just take part 15 of this thread as a novel and within a week you'll have answers to all you seek. Welcome aboard and good luck

ditha:
Hello guys.. NEWBIE ALERT!!!! i just started my research and somehow i landed on this trend... Thank God!.. there is soomuch here and i am scared my head might burst. OK, i have a BSc. in Biological sciences with a first class degree (4.65/5.00). i will be done with NYSC in 3 months and the only documents i have in hand; transcript and intl passport lipsrsealed .. i need help guys! like where should i start! my field of interest for MSc is biotechnology.someone should help please! like how can i leave Nigeria next year to fulfill my dreams?! i will need a scholarship, HOW? Admission, HOW? VISA, HOW?!!!! cry cry cry HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS THINGS EHHHN!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by favour0011: 6:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
Hello Nairalanders. Hope you are all doing great? This forum was helpful to me a couple of years ago. I was able to get all the help i needed to acquire my study permit and eventually my PR with contacts i made from this forum.
Anyway, am here to help. If you are looking to come to Brampton/Mississauga. Preferably Sheridan or UTM students and you are looking for accommodation or someone to pick u up from the airport or help you settle down in one way or the other, you can send me a personal message. I could be of help.

For those who are still trying to get their Visas and its not yet coming thru, stay determined. I was denied twice before i got mine, and coming down here turned out to be the best decision i ever made. God bless you all.

29 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 6:56pm On Jul 15, 2019
ditha:
Hello guys.. NEWBIE ALERT!!!! i just started my research and somehow i landed on this trend... Thank God!.. there is soomuch here and i am scared my head might burst. OK, i have a BSc. in Biological sciences with a first class degree (4.65/5.00). i will be done with NYSC in 3 months and the only documents i have in hand; transcript and intl passport lipsrsealed .. i need help guys! like where should i start! my field of interest for MSc is biotechnology.someone should help please! like how can i leave Nigeria next year to fulfill my dreams?! i will need a scholarship, HOW? Admission, HOW? VISA, HOW?!!!! cry cry cry HOW DO YOU GUYS DO THIS THINGS EHHHN!
I know it seems an uphill task but you can definitely know most of the processes within a week. Read posts by gurus like thesoj, Frankrobbn1 , Qudkom.
Just search either of these names, go to their profile and try to read their posts. 100 pages of total reading and you will know most things you require. You can always ask questions after.

cheers.

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 7:04pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yea
Blije:

Ok. Did you link it online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by novughakpo88: 7:39pm On Jul 15, 2019
i did upfront medical also. That was in early april ...
Blije:

I applied on paper also on the 13th of June and this is exactly how my account is. Still on background check. Although I did medicals upfront which I passed since the 25th of June.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MsJu: 7:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Thanks for this. Kindly check your email.
favour0011:
Hello Nairalanders. Hope you are all doing great? This forum was helpful to me a couple of years ago. I was able to get all the help i needed to acquire my study permit and eventually my PR with contacts i made from this forum.
Anyway, am here to help. If you are looking to come to Brampton/Mississauga. Preferably Sheridan or UTM students and you are looking for accommodation or someone to pick u up from the airport or help you settle down in one way or the other, you can send me a personal message. I could be of help.

For those who are still trying to get their Visas and its not yet coming thru, stay determined. I was denied twice before i got mine, and coming down here turned out to be the best decision i ever made. God bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alliswellmog: 7:53pm On Jul 15, 2019
I got bvl on July 10, and till now, I’ve not gotten the refusal mail. Pls how soon can I get that?

Please can someone help me with the link to ordering CGMS note. Please send privately to my mail mytochondria90@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 8:01pm On Jul 15, 2019
novughakpo88:
i did upfront medical also. That was in early april ...
You did upfront medicals and it has not been updated?
Wow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Passion2009: 8:29pm On Jul 15, 2019
Philomathhh:
Yes, I got into McGill University.

Wow. Congratulations! To study which course? Full scholarship?

I will also be resuming grad school this fall in the US.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oriazowan: 8:42pm On Jul 15, 2019
Be optimistic you might get an approval. All bvl do not end in refusal.
Alliswellmog:
I got bvl on July 10, and till now, I’ve not gotten the refusal mail. Pls how soon can I get that?

Please can someone help me with the link to ordering CGMS note. Please send privately to my mail mytochondria90@gmail.com
Thanks in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:23pm On Jul 15, 2019
ghabrhiel10:
Good day guys, please if I'm to travel to Canada with Lufthansa airline with lay-over in Frankfurt, Germany, do I need a transit visa?
No, transit Visa is not required!
Wish you the best of luck as you journey....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 10:25pm On Jul 15, 2019
Ymin:

A P P R O V A L A L E R T !!!
Program: MSc Biosystem Engineering, University Of Manitoba(Fall,2019)

This is my 3rd Application after 2 previous refusals and I have been a silent reader on this forum:

Application timeline
Route – Paper, processed in Nairobi Kenya
Applied 15th May 2019
Biometrics not required as the previous one is valid. I was able to link it online on the 26th May and then Background check already running.
Eligibility review 12th June
Medical Request 14th June
Medical Done 17th June at IOM Ikeja
Medical Passed 20th June
BVL-July 9th
Approval- July 10th
Then I got a text message late evening on Thursday 11th July from VFS Lagos that Passport is ready for pick up.
Passport pick up 12th July 2019(Within 2mins at VFS counter in Lekki, which was the fastest of all the waiting process from the beginning of the application)

Documents submitted:

Academic Qualification

B.Eng Degree in Agricultural Engineering
Msc Admission letter
Transcript from the University
CV
O Level Cert

Proof of Financial Support

Personal statement of account comprising current account balance of N3M and Fixed deposit of N3M
Reference Letter from the Bank to support SOA
Letter of Sponsorship as Postgraduate research assistant with funding of CAD18,000 for each year of my study.
Tuition is CAD12, 400 but also got an IGSES Scholarship of CAD5, 400 which is usually applied on the Tuition to effectively reduce it to CAD7, 000

Other documents

IMM Forms
Passport photo
Police Clearance Certificate was submitted during the first application so didn’t bother doing it again.
NYSC certificate
A work ID, Promotion letters and introduction letter from work
Landed property with Survey and Deed Of Assignment
Marriage cert and kids birth cert
Wife's passport biodata page
SOP and LOE address previous refusals in details

A few of my success stories and testimonies:

I first applied for a study visa to Canada in April 2018 and was refused June same year with Purpose of Visit.
Second Application was in Feb 2019 and was refused the same month with Purpose of visit and travel history.

In both cases, I used the services of an agent and I applied with the M.eng (One year course based) admission letter
Shortly before my second application, I contacted Frankrobbn to assist proofread my SOP. Despite his kind assistance then with every effort put in place, I was still delayed. Then after my second refusal, I contacted Bracha who encouraged me not to give up and assisted with part of my SOP correction.

Sometimes in Jan this year, I had thought of switching from the Meng to Msc but getting supervisor was the issue. After a series of emails with usual "no funding, no space" responses, God finally came through for me and that marks the turning point in my Canada journey. I got a Prof willing to supervise me and provided the Stipend that fully covers my study around April and then I decided to reapply for the 3rd time in May 2019.

This time around,Qudkom came to my rescue. We talk extensively, exchange emails and I had to even travel to a neighboring city to meet this wonderful and kind guy that I didn't know from anywhere just to ensure I get it right this time. Anyway, no more agent as I am prepared to take all the advice of the gurus to do it by myself.

Few days to my submission date, I had to literally go through all of Franks past post to ensure all my T's have been crossed and I's dotted.

My special appreciation thus goes to Frankrobbn, Bracha and Qudkom who positively influenced my application in a way or the other
Every other guru: Makano, Justmellow and so many Monikers I may not mention. God bless your selfless efforts on this thread.

I need to also mention that I am advanced in age and I have never traveled outside Nigeria before and I also graduated university in 2006 with about 11 years working experience. Married with 2 kids but I decided to apply alone first.
This is to encourage someone not to really give up.

Nevertheless all human efforts, IT IS NOT OF HIM THAT WILLS, NOR OF HIM WHO RUNS, BUT OF GOD WHO SHOWS MERCY....

More Success stories to every applicant awaiting feedback from Schools or the Embassy!!!

Congratulations!
We need more of this kind of Alert. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by litterbug(f): 11:21pm On Jul 15, 2019
Yes o... mine is on its way in Jesus name.

SOPWriter:

Congratulations!
We need more of this kind of Alert. grin

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 12:27am On Jul 16, 2019
It's not possible to do this if you want a long term study permit. Please find more information here

Generalmerchant:
Hi all, I need to ask if a visitor in Canada can apply for students visa from Canada thus converting the visitors visa to students visa.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 12:31am On Jul 16, 2019
Congratulations! Thank God for this!

Deane:
Passport request/Approval alert!

My TL
Online application
App. Date - May 6, 2019
Biometrics request - May 7
Biometrics done - May 8
Background check - May 8
Eligibilty review - June 16 or 17 (either of the 2)
Medical request - June 19
Medicals done - June 26
Medicals passed - July 5
BVL/passport request - July 11

Application handled by CIC Nairobi

Thanks to all the gurus on this platform for the work they are doing. The information i garnered from here proved to be invaluable.

Qudkom, makano, justmellow, Bracha, mcobex, ralphudoh, sasha, and others. You all are doing a great job helping others avoid CIC pitfalls. Let's keep up the good work.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adeniyi3971(m): 3:32am On Jul 16, 2019
can anyone please recommend schools that can offer MPH (Masters of public health ) for a 2.2 in Biochemistry

Also, what are the most affordable schools that one can apply to

Thanks in anticipation.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adeniyi3971(m): 3:33am On Jul 16, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adeniyi3971(m): 3:39am On Jul 16, 2019
prehill23:
Please how long does it take a school to decide on admission pls, i apply to quest university canada but having gotten any responce for 1week now

how did your Quest application go??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nalizzzy: 3:56am On Jul 16, 2019
Ymin:

A P P R O V A L A L E R T !!!
Program: MSc Biosystem Engineering, University Of Manitoba(Fall,2019)

This is my 3rd Application after 2 previous refusals and I have been a silent reader on this forum:

Application timeline
Route – Paper, processed in Nairobi Kenya
Applied 15th May 2019
Biometrics not required as the previous one is valid. I was able to link it online on the 26th May and then Background check already running.
Eligibility review 12th June
Medical Request 14th June
Medical Done 17th June at IOM Ikeja
Medical Passed 20th June
BVL-July 9th
Approval- July 10th
Then I got a text message late evening on Thursday 11th July from VFS Lagos that Passport is ready for pick up.
Passport pick up 12th July 2019(Within 2mins at VFS counter in Lekki, which was the fastest of all the waiting process from the beginning of the application)

Documents submitted:

Academic Qualification

B.Eng Degree in Agricultural Engineering
Msc Admission letter
Transcript from the University
CV
O Level Cert

Proof of Financial Support

Personal statement of account comprising current account balance of N3M and Fixed deposit of N3M
Reference Letter from the Bank to support SOA
Letter of Sponsorship as Postgraduate research assistant with funding of CAD18,000 for each year of my study.
Tuition is CAD12, 400 but also got an IGSES Scholarship of CAD5, 400 which is usually applied on the Tuition to effectively reduce it to CAD7, 000

Other documents

IMM Forms
Passport photo
Police Clearance Certificate was submitted during the first application so didn’t bother doing it again.
NYSC certificate
A work ID, Promotion letters and introduction letter from work
Landed property with Survey and Deed Of Assignment
Marriage cert and kids birth cert
Wife's passport biodata page
SOP and LOE address previous refusals in details

A few of my success stories and testimonies:

I first applied for a study visa to Canada in April 2018 and was refused June same year with Purpose of Visit.
Second Application was in Feb 2019 and was refused the same month with Purpose of visit and travel history.

In both cases, I used the services of an agent and I applied with the M.eng (One year course based) admission letter
Shortly before my second application, I contacted Frankrobbn to assist proofread my SOP. Despite his kind assistance then with every effort put in place, I was still delayed. Then after my second refusal, I contacted Bracha who encouraged me not to give up and assisted with part of my SOP correction.

Sometimes in Jan this year, I had thought of switching from the Meng to Msc but getting supervisor was the issue. After a series of emails with usual "no funding, no space" responses, God finally came through for me and that marks the turning point in my Canada journey. I got a Prof willing to supervise me and provided the Stipend that fully covers my study around April and then I decided to reapply for the 3rd time in May 2019.

This time around,Qudkom came to my rescue. We talk extensively, exchange emails and I had to even travel to a neighboring city to meet this wonderful and kind guy that I didn't know from anywhere just to ensure I get it right this time. Anyway, no more agent as I am prepared to take all the advice of the gurus to do it by myself.

Few days to my submission date, I had to literally go through all of Franks past post to ensure all my T's have been crossed and I's dotted.

My special appreciation thus goes to Frankrobbn, Bracha and Qudkom who positively influenced my application in a way or the other
Every other guru: Makano, Justmellow and so many Monikers I may not mention. God bless your selfless efforts on this thread.

I need to also mention that I am advanced in age and I have never traveled outside Nigeria before and I also graduated university in 2006 with about 11 years working experience. Married with 2 kids but I decided to apply alone first.
This is to encourage someone not to really give up.

Nevertheless all human efforts, IT IS NOT OF HIM THAT WILLS, NOR OF HIM WHO RUNS, BUT OF GOD WHO SHOWS MERCY....

More Success stories to every applicant awaiting feedback from Schools or the Embassy!!!

congrats
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nalizzzy: 3:58am On Jul 16, 2019
shinaldo:
Hello,

Here's my Timeline:

*Paper Application*:
Submission & Biometrics - May 8, 2019
Medical request - June 15
Medicals done - June 26
Medicals passed - July 1
BVL- July 9
Approval - July 10
Passport Collected - July 12

*Documents submitted*
-Application form (IMM 1294E)
-Family Information (IMM 5645)
-Student Permit Questionnaire

*Academic Documents*
-Letter of Acceptance & Scholarship Letter
-NECO
-B.Sc Certificate
-Transcript
-NYSC Certificate

*Financial Documents*
-SOA of my uncle with a balance of 9M
-Tax Certificate
-Affidavit of Support
-Letter of Support
-CAC

*Supporting Documents*
-My Birth Certificate
-Mum and Dad's Birth Certificate
-Brother's Birth Certificate
-My Uncle's Sworn Affidavit for Declaration of Age
-My CV
-SOP

This was my 1st application. I'm going for a M.Sc Program, finished my B.Sc 2016.

Application handled by CIC Nairobi.

Thanks to everyone on this platform for the work you are doing. You contributed positively in one way or the other, believe me.

Special appreciation to @blcoolfemol for his support and encouragement, I really do appreciate it.

God bless you all!

NB: Who's at University of Ontario Institute of Technology, I would like to connect.
congrats

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 5:31am On Jul 16, 2019
Hello peeps

I need help on filling the Tuition part of my IMM1294 form,

My Program is for 16 months(estimate on the website is 27,500 CAD for 16 months) and my fee is based on number of courses registered (min of cool, Since the duration for Tuition is meant to be for a year , how do you guys think i can calculate One year from this...

Thanks in anticipation of your response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Purplestorm: 5:32am On Jul 16, 2019
You don't need a transit visa. I have an didn't get a visa.
ghabrhiel10:
Good day guys, please if I'm to travel to Canada with Lufthansa airline with lay-over in Frankfurt, Germany, do I need a transit visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martbills: 5:36am On Jul 16, 2019
Good day house I have invited for medicals , can some tell me how much for the medical fee, anyone please and how is the payment made, because am going for it this week thanks

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dubemcapital1(m): 5:49am On Jul 16, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

You are very much right. Canada denied me TRV last year in october 11, 2018. I sat down and I just look at everything and I said to myself 'why did l put all my eggs in one basket ?'

I discovered that I needed to try other countries like US, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Sweden and Norway. I applied to all the countries and I got admission in all. Then I started to consider the cost, the GDP per capital of the countries, post study visa/work visa, minimum wage, job availability after studies, overall economic indexes, and visa refusal rate of nigerians in those countries.

I narrowed down my mind to germany and Norway because no tuition fees up to PhD but you will transfer living expenses to the school before you apply for the student visa. The admission I got in Germany (M.ENG in design and development in automotive and mechanical engineering ) has some conditions like Germany language certificate at A1 level and tuition fees of 3000 euros per year which is still very affordable for me but in Norway, the admission came without no condition and with no tuition fees ( M.sc in Engineering design).

Then, I did all the neccesary things and applied for the study permit and within a month I got the study permit approved.

Some people might say because I was denied the Canadian study permit is the reason I am writing this. Well, my tuition fees in Canada is 20000 Canadian dollars per year but with me going to Norway now, I did not have to bother myself for tuition fees.

Congratulations, norway is a nice one which link did you use to apply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by keneharry: 6:13am On Jul 16, 2019
adeniyi3971:
can anyone please recommend schools that can offer MPH (Masters of public health ) for a 2.2 in Biochemistry

Also, what are the most affordable schools that one can apply to

Thanks in anticipation.
Well, with my little knowledge..Masters in Public Health in Memorial University of Newfoundland requires you make atleast 75% CGPA in your last two years in school i.e 3.75/5.0 and must have done a Statistics course in your undergraduate before you'll be eligible to apply..I don't know whether the 2.1 is a prerequisite but from what I've read so far,I think it is but other gurus in the house can help you..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by keneharry: 6:25am On Jul 16, 2019
Oskydaniellyyy:

You are very much right. Canada denied me TRV last year in october 11, 2018. I sat down and I just look at everything and I said to myself 'why did l put all my eggs in one basket ?'

I discovered that I needed to try other countries like US, Australia, New Zealand, Germany, Sweden and Norway. I applied to all the countries and I got admission in all. Then I started to consider the cost, the GDP per capital of the countries, post study visa/work visa, minimum wage, job availability after studies, overall economic indexes, and visa refusal rate of nigerians in those countries.

I narrowed down my mind to germany and Norway because no tuition fees up to PhD but you will transfer living expenses to the school before you apply for the student visa. The admission I got in Germany (M.ENG in design and development in automotive and mechanical engineering ) has some conditions like Germany language certificate at A1 level and tuition fees of 3000 euros per year which is still very affordable for me but in Norway, the admission came without no condition and with no tuition fees ( M.sc in Engineering design).

Then, I did all the neccesary things and applied for the study permit and within a month I got the study permit approved.

Some people might say because I was denied the Canadian study permit is the reason I am writing this. Well, my tuition fees in Canada is 20000 canadian dollars per year but with me going to norway now, I did not have to bother myself for tuition fees.
Please can you send the link you used in applying to the different universities..Are you required to learn the Norwegian language once you get there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by calebq: 8:04am On Jul 16, 2019
Hello Guys, I hope everyone is having a good day, so I completed and paid for my Canadian student visa application online and they didn’t request I upload my medical or police report, who knows if they will eventually ask so I can start getting the documents sorted or they will not request for the medical and police report atall..

Please answer anyone. �� thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:19am On Jul 16, 2019
calebq:
Hello Guys, I hope everyone is having a good day, so I completed and paid for my Canadian student visa application online and they didn’t request I upload my medical or police report, who knows if they will eventually ask so I can start getting the documents sorted or they will not request for the medical and police report atall..

Please answer anyone. �� thanks
Bro the medical request should be uploaded before submitting in a separate section plus the police certificate should be scanned with other documents in the "client information" section.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (130) (131) (132) (133) (134) (135) (136) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 70
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.