Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,468 members, 7,816,092 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:26 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (159) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022097 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by g00dy: 7:35am On Jul 25, 2019
Saucekide25:
Hello everyone, am still in the early process of getting an admission in a university located in Canada, but I met a few stumbling blocks

Please, is there a list of UNIVERSITIES that waive off the regular admission fees of around $100?

Since it's non-refundable and one could still get rejected, I think the best approach is trying out a University that waives the fee.

I would be glad if anyone helps out with this, the two I came across online still asked me to pay $100 at the last page of my undergraduate application.

Thanks

You will hardly find one. From experience tho, most schools will waive the application fee if you track them enough to know when they organized online webinars for incoming students. I got application waivers for more than 4 schools by attending their online webinars for international or incoming students. Once you get to their website, look for the link to register for such webinars, create a calendar event to remind you so you dont miss you. I am not saying ALL school will, but many schools do. All the best.

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 8:41am On Jul 25, 2019
From my experience following this thread, anytime CIC goes quiet with applications like this, just know that many approvals will be coming soon frequently.
So brace yourself if you're under eligibility review, the few coming weeks are going to be hot with approvals! �

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blije: 8:43am On Jul 25, 2019
Stevenssen:
From my experience following this thread, anytime CIC goes quiet with applications like this, just know that many approvals will be coming soon frequently.
So brace yourself if you're under eligibility review, the few coming weeks are going to be hot with approvals! �
Yes o hopefully

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 8:54am On Jul 25, 2019
Pls gurus in d house, advice me on the best way to go about this. I want to transfer 2m into my Hubby's account as my support. What do I present as evidence?
Is it compulsory I must print my account statement?
Or should i write a letter of support and sign it?

NB. He is the one applying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:10am On Jul 25, 2019
Oganammuo:
Pls gurus in d house, advice me on the best way to go about this. I want to transfer 2m into my Hubby's account as my support. What do I present as evidence?
Is it compulsory I must print my account statement?
Or should i write a letter of support and sign it?

NB. He is the one applying.
If you are acting as his co-sponsor then you should write a letter stating that's the amount you are supporting him with, but if you don't want to act as his co-sponsor your husband can just include in his SOP that he lend you the money sometime ago and you paid back because he wants to use it for his studies. The transaction needs to be explained so the vo doesn't see it as lump sum.
NB: if you have money in your account it will be best if your husband include your SOA, that will go a long way to convince the vo you will be well taking care of when your husband travels. Also you should include your source of income (working or business) to buttress your point
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rampssss1: 9:15am On Jul 25, 2019
Please I applied for Visa In May, as a result of no reply from the embassy I linked my application to an online account in July and I saw this 'We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details'. And I haven't gotten any mail or message concerning medicals. How do I go about this please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:35am On Jul 25, 2019
Rampssss1:
Please I applied for Visa In May, as a result of no reply from the embassy I linked my application to an online account in July and I saw this 'We did not receive the results of your required medical exam. Check your medical exam request message for details'. And I haven't gotten any mail or message concerning medicals. How do I go about this please.
send an email to them immediately because it seems they have sent you medical invitation mail . Contact CIC immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 9:44am On Jul 25, 2019
Nellykuch:
Guys,I am looking for a room to let in London Ontario. Preferably not to far from Fanshawe
ATTN:@ Naijaforeigner ,@lassky.

Sent you a PM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rampssss1: 10:24am On Jul 25, 2019
I have already done that, Thanks.
mcobex:
send an email to them immediately because it seems they have sent you medical invitation mail . Contact CIC immediately
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 10:29am On Jul 25, 2019
Stevenssen:
Amen and Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ray275: 10:33am On Jul 25, 2019
Good morning everyone, am just very new here and have been reading the comments of everyone and following up.
I just finished my course late last year as a RN from school of nursing here in Nigeria, but I will love to further my studies in Canada due to flexibility in their medical sector ..
Please, what are the things I need to know to guide me for pursuing my dreams and again how can I get to know school I can enrol in with scholarship......
Am a novice about this whole traveling stuffs I will be glad if someone can help me through I don't want to fall for travel agents scam ,
I will be glad if I can get a step by step guidance on how to go about it...looking forward to a reply from u all...thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 10:35am On Jul 25, 2019
Good morning pls is it necessary for me to get explain how much my sponsor pledges to support me with in my letter of purpose and also the closing balance of his accounts.... Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 10:37am On Jul 25, 2019
Pls does eligibility usually start after medicals have been passed for someone that has gotten his medical request?
Mine is saying eligibility not yet started.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 11:13am On Jul 25, 2019
Phatkings:
Good morning pls is it necessary for me to get explain how much my sponsor pledges to support me with in my letter of purpose and also the closing balance of his accounts.... Thank you
Very necessary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kennykolabo: 12:38pm On Jul 25, 2019
Please who can assist with list of food or things that i must not carry to the airport or not acceptable in Canada

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 12:48pm On Jul 25, 2019
kennykolabo:
Please who can assist with list of food or things that i must not carry to the airport or not acceptable in Canada
you are in all the nairaland travel groups lol
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oganammuo: 12:55pm On Jul 25, 2019
mcobex:
If you are acting as his co-sponsor then you should write a letter stating that's the amount you are supporting him with, but if you don't want to act as his co-sponsor your husband can just include in his SOP that he lend you the money sometime ago and you paid back because he wants to use it for his studies. The transaction needs to be explained so the vo doesn't see it as lump sum.
NB: if you have money in your account it will be best if your husband include your SOA, that will go a long way to convince the vo you will be well taking care of when your husband travels. Also you should include your source of income (working or business) to buttress your point

Thank you very much. I have a business, registered and doing well. We intend printing two or three months SOA, cos it will be much. I don't want to print my personal statement. What if I give him as a gift and prepare a gift deed? Will it be OK?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 12:58pm On Jul 25, 2019
mcobex:
Very necessary

The full amount of two years or just one year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 2:06pm On Jul 25, 2019
excelchips:
Travel / Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:01am

excelchips:
Hello House, Please, I have applied for masters programme in canada and currently weighting my options of being accepted. My CGPA is 3.0 for my undergraduate which is about 20 years ago and I also have a professional masters as well in 2010. I am new here and want to long it takes generally in getting a study visa. I am in my early 40s and not sure if my age could be a barrier and also steps to take in applying for study visa. Also, what process can one commerce before getting admission letter from the school.
Your guidance and advise will be appreciated. Thank you.

Yes. It is 3.0/5.0 and my masters in professional masters hence wont fit for PhD.
I will also appreciate answers to other questions raised.

Thank you.
Your cgpa is too low for a MSC program. However I don't know if your experience will count towards gaining one. If you have relevant documents to back your experience
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 2:08pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ayodeji786:
Please does someone here knows anyone that use a Canadian lawyer to apply for study permit and where likely the study permit will be processed if a lawyer in Canada is applying on applicant's bahalf?

I would appreciate your comments please.

Thank you all

@Bracha, Qudkom, JustMellow
Bro it doesn't matter if it's a Canadian immigration lawyer. They'll charge you more and pretty much ask you to submit the same documents you've heard before. They charge excess of $1500 to offer their services.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 2:10pm On Jul 25, 2019
Ray275:
Good morning everyone, am just very new here and have been reading the comments of everyone and following up.
I just finished my course late last year as a RN from school of nursing here in Nigeria, but I will love to further my studies in Canada due to flexibility in their medical sector ..
Please, what are the things I need to know to guide me for pursuing my dreams and again how can I get to know school I can enrol in with scholarship......
Am a novice about this whole traveling stuffs I will be glad if someone can help me through I don't want to fall for travel agents scam ,
I will be glad if I can get a step by step guidance on how to go about it...looking forward to a reply from u all...thanks in advance
You mentioned medical sector, What program are you looking to apply for? Also you also have to do your self a solid and go through the forum to gain relevant information and tips.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jola17: 2:19pm On Jul 25, 2019
Stevenssen:
I key into the approval by God's Grace

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by litterbug(f): 2:37pm On Jul 25, 2019
Someone help me shout Hallelujah....My God has done it for me.....PPR for me and my dependants...

29 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 2:42pm On Jul 25, 2019
litterbug:
Someone help me shout Hallelujah....My God has done it for me.....PPR for me and my dependants...
Congratulations dear, am happy for you, please kindly share your profile and documents submitted so others can learn from your experience.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by litterbug(f): 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
My application is one year today...applied for myself and my daughters to accompany me on the 25th July 2018.

Will send the full profile much later.

kcosam:

Congratulations dear, am happy for you, please kindly share your profile and documents submitted so others can learn from your experience.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:49pm On Jul 25, 2019
litterbug:

Its indeed a good news, big congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ray275: 3:04pm On Jul 25, 2019
Qudkom:

You mentioned medical sector, What program are you looking to apply for? Also you also have to do your self a solid and go through the forum to gain relevant information and tips.

Thank you for ur replies, am looking forward to get my BSc degree in nursing cause I just got my RN degree last year from school of nursing here in Nigeria.
Presently working in a state hospital has a Psychiatric Nurse, but want to further my studies.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 3:12pm On Jul 25, 2019
litterbug:
congrats ooooh

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by luckyjojo: 3:15pm On Jul 25, 2019
Please is it possible to go for upfront medical after someone has submitted an online application over a month ago?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 3:20pm On Jul 25, 2019
Amen.

Stevenssen:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 3:24pm On Jul 25, 2019
Yep its allowed.. After the medicals, just upload the slip the Clinic will give u when u are done.. The Clinic will also send ur report to CIC.. Peace
luckyjojo:
Please is it possible to go for upfront medical after someone has submitted an online application over a month ago?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NuelNuelTT(m): 3:28pm On Jul 25, 2019
All glory be to His name. Hallelujahs.

litterbug:

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) (161) (162) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.