Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,219 members, 7,811,607 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:33 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (162) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019208 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibitowaoa: 9:46am On Jul 26, 2019
Q-Life Medicals takes time b4 uploading the results to cic but IOM did the next day and I think that’s why it’s quite expensive. Mine was on Tuesday 23

SmallerB:
Please when and where did you do your medicals? Did mine on 18th at Q-life and it is yet to be updated

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibitowaoa: 9:50am On Jul 26, 2019
Add or don’t add that doesn’t stop them from not giving you admission if you merit and meet requirements but if you don’t it’s a No No No

jessyeve:
u don't necessarily have to say drop, twist it to ur favour, how u realized ur calling in middle of ur program and decided not to waste more time and switch.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hiambenson: 9:52am On Jul 26, 2019
You're right. QLife currently takes 8-10 days and the doctor I met when I did my medicals said it's an instruction from CIC. I giggled for a few and asked him why didn't they give IOM the same instruction but he had no answer to my question. Lol

Ibitowaoa:
Q-Life Medicals takes time b4 uploading the results to cic but IOM did the next day and I think that’s why it’s quite expensive. Mine was on Tuesday 23

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibitowaoa: 9:54am On Jul 26, 2019
No sympathy in admission is either u meet requirements or you have a strong SOP even with low CGPA.

I read about a 2.2 talking about admission at Canada or Germany.
For those that have a low CGPA I will advice you write a very strong SOP as to why you want to study the course and it would better you. A strong motivating letter can make you get admission even if it’s Germany or anywhere. But remember, meets minimum requirements.

jessyeve:
u don't necessarily have to say drop, twist it to ur favour, how u realized ur calling in middle of ur program and decided not to waste more time and switch.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibitowaoa: 9:58am On Jul 26, 2019
Yes, medicals such as X-rays are analyzed at Kenya and IOM gets such results a day or tomorrow after sending them so Q-life as to be on queue for days to get such results. Immediately you drop blood, results is already gone been generated before the close of the day and all they have to wait for is the X-ray which after getting less 24hrs they upload it to cic.

hiambenson:
You're right. QLife currently takes 8-10 days and the doctor I met when I did my medicals said it's an instruction from CIC. I giggled for a few and asked him why didn't they give IOM the same instruction but he had no answer to my question. Lol

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SmallerB: 10:01am On Jul 26, 2019
Sigh.....wish i knew this before going
Ibitowaoa:
Yes, medicals such as X-rays are analyzed at Kenya and IOM gets such results a day or tomorrow after sending them so Q-life as to be on queue for days to get such results. Immediately you drop blood, results is already gone been generated before the close of the day and all they have to wait for is the X-ray which after getting less 24hrs they upload it to cic.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibitowaoa: 10:21am On Jul 26, 2019
After medical passed what next ? And for those submitting passport when is the likely duration/time they’d held onto it before release
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 10:25am On Jul 26, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Gurus and Everyone,
I want to appreciate you for all the advice and possible solution giving to me. I am grateful and I say thanks to you. I have done me medical and it’s passed, also my biometrics is already updated too.
Medical Passed—-26th of July, 2019.
Please what’s the next step now ?
Now you wait for your approval which can come in any moment from now. Hope you contacted your school to let them know of your change of heart (that you will be coming this fall)?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibitowaoa: 10:58am On Jul 26, 2019
I have not withdraw my student/university application. I still have my application ON, I have only withdrawn my tuition deposited.

mcobex:
Now you wait for your approval which can come in any moment from now. Hope you contacted your school to let them know of your change of heart (that you will be coming this fall)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olalemii: 11:45am On Jul 26, 2019
olalemii:
Good morning my people..

A quick one; is it acceptable to submit an affidavit and letter of sponsorship, that was notarised in the US and then scanned and printed here?

Since the scanned cope is no longer and original copy?

Thanks

Someone should kindly help with this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:21pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
I have not withdraw my student/university application. I still have my application ON, I have only withdrawn my tuition deposited.

Okay, cool. Congratulations once again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:22pm On Jul 26, 2019
olalemii:

It will slide. But the best way you can convince a vo is for your sponsor to show commitment by paying the funds into your account or pay your fees before you apply for visa, that way you might not really need affidavit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by darrywhyte(m): 12:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hello my people, please I need an advice on immigration to Canada, I have a masters degree here in Nigeria, after due conversation with my agent, I was advised to go for a BSc program because am still 26 years old, am confused here that if I get to Canada will I be able to secure a good job after my degree and still study further, because I have a state government job here and I don't want to lose and roaming about in Canada.
Please your advice will go a long way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Petrified235555: 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
Please can Canadian school award full scholarship for someone with a 4/5 cgpa

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kcosam: 12:35pm On Jul 26, 2019
Yes on the following conditions;

1. That your sponsor is based in US with proof
2. That the sponsorship fund is coming from US
3. That your application route is online.
Then he/she can do the affidavit over there, then scan & email to you for onward upload during your online application

Or;
4.for paper application: the sponsor can do the affidavit over there and Currier the original hardcopy to you, that way you can still submit the original hardcopy with your paper application.
olalemii:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AkeemTy(m): 12:56pm On Jul 26, 2019
Good Day Folks, I will be glad if anyone has an idea on this or if you have faced similar situation before and the things you did. I have a BSc (ED) in Health Education second class lower division and currently pursuing an MPH in Health Policy and Management at the University of Ibadan. I have completed my coursework and just have my project to complete in a few months time. I am applying to do another master degree in Canada at Mcmaster University (MSc eHealth). I have gone through the requirements and know exactly what to do. Though I didn't meet up with the minimum academic grade in my undergraduate which is B+ on the Canadian grading system, the programme coordinator encouraged me to apply as they give consideration to those who don't meet the minimum grade but one must put up a strong application. Now the only chance I got to put up a strong application with my statement of interest and research interest is to show progress made so far in my MPH programme at the University of Ibadan. The Health Policy and Management department has a strict policy of not giving a statement of courses and grades gotten so far to proof as part of my application to Mcmaster as one is yet to complete the MPH programme. What is the possible way I can prove to the admission department at Mcmaster that I am almost rounding up the MPH programme as they equally allow prospective candidates apply to their programmes as long as you are at the final stage of almost rounding up on your previous degree?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 1:11pm On Jul 26, 2019
darrywhyte:
Hello my people, please I need an advice on immigration to Canada, I have a masters degree here in Nigeria, after due conversation with my agent, I was advised to go for a BSc program because am still 26 years old, am confused here that if I get to Canada will I be able to secure a good job after my degree and still study further, because I have a state government job here and I don't want to lose and roaming about in Canada.
On what grounds is your agent giving you such advice? I think you should run away from him because I don't think he means well for you. He didn't even ask you to go for another masters or at least PGD but bachelor's degree.
Well, state your profile here let's see(what course did you study for Bsc and masters, also what was your grade for both?)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 1:12pm On Jul 26, 2019
That agent is mad. Dont follow him. Hustle PhD admission and you might end up getting full funding. Or alternatively, save your self the stress, write IELTS, do WES conversion and apply for Express entry. You will have high points considering you are very young, have a masters and if u can score high in your IELTS (7.5 overall), you are good to go. Agents are scammers. Beware.
darrywhyte:

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by obodooma: 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
makano:
U can apply for ur GCMS note if you have somebody in Canada to do so for you, or u can use a third party site ... Peace

Great guru’s,
My Note is out, I sincerely need input on how to tackle the reasons for refusal by the VO. I am gainfully employed and have another business which is managed by my spouse. tuition fee is 30kCAD and i have 3times the balance, no bulk payment. I think the major issue here is my SOP(my view) and will need help.

‘’taking applicants plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be reasonable expense. The applicant’s plan of studies appear vague and poorly documented. According to applicant’s current and future employment prospect, I have accorded less weight to their employment ties to the r country’.

Cc
frankrobin, julesiki, chukwuemkatehi,mcobex,okonkwobestman1,juswise and all other gurus

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 1:19pm On Jul 26, 2019
darrywhyte:
what kinda agent is this?
worst advice ever

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by davidson97: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
Hello guys please I wanted to start applying for schools in either Canada , USA Germany Australia or new Zealand what are my chances gaining admission in schools there? And please can any one recommend any cheap schools in this countries I can look up? My CGPA here in Nigeria is 3.23 please what are my chances house
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 1:32pm On Jul 26, 2019
orobs93:
Please I need a God sent I am relocating to one of the Ontario colleges I am looking for someone who needs a roommate it will help me narrow down my college choices.

Are you already in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 1:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
darrywhyte:

I think ralfudoh already answered your question. Run fast and run far from that agent, what a crazy suggestion. You need express entry if you don't wanna study again but if you still wish to study, then PhD is the way to go.
On the case "I don't want to lose and roaming about in Canada." Well it's not like when you get to Canada as a PR through express entry for example you'll just get a job like that. It might go easy or it could be tough, take your time and go through this link below, that's where you should be.

https://www.nairaland.com/5187408/canadian-express-entry-federal-skilled#78386459

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:02pm On Jul 26, 2019
Ibitowaoa:
Having HIV does not necessarily means rejection, drugs are developed for such people to live a wonderful life.
However, viruses easily transmitted by breath, touch etc are not allowed.—-IOM DOCTOR

M just trying to let him know that Hepatitisis B transmissible.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 2:08pm On Jul 26, 2019
MEng or MSc which one is wiser choice? cry I would like to work in canada afterwards. Mechanical Engineering
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 3:17pm On Jul 26, 2019
MEng - more Engineering courses while MSc - less Engineering courses. No employer will specifically ask for MEng. Masters is Masters. Anyone of them (MEng or MSc) that comes with a better package or more benefits (like scholarship, better Uni ranking, affordability, etc), go for it. Overall, MEng prepares you for the job market but the reputation of the institution is far more important.
NwanyiOkpa:
MEng or MSc which one is wiser choice? cry I would like to work in canada afterwards. Mechanical Engineering

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by orobs93(m): 3:33pm On Jul 26, 2019
richcasey:

Are you already in Canada?

Yes please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by richcasey: 3:50pm On Jul 26, 2019
orobs93:

Yes please

Sent you a pm
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 4:43pm On Jul 26, 2019
obodooma:

Great guru’s,
My Note is out, I sincerely need input on how to tackle the reasons for refusal by the VO. I am gainfully employed and have another business which is managed by my spouse. tuition fee is 30kCAD and i have 3times the balance, no bulk payment. I think the major issue here is my SOP(my view) and will need help.

‘’taking applicants plan of studies into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed studies would be reasonable expense. The applicant’s plan of studies appear vague and poorly documented. According to applicant’s current and future employment prospect, I have accorded less weight to their employment ties to the r country’.

Cc
frankrobin, julesiki, chukwuemkatehi,mcobex,okonkwobestman1,juswise and all other gurus

With this profile of yours, I am 99.9% sure the issue is from your SOP or Choice of degree in relation to your present employment but don't worry, SOP isn't that hard, you just have to locate where you missed it the first time. I can assist you further if you need assistance with your SOP.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by obodooma: 4:48pm On Jul 26, 2019
SOPWriter:

With this profile of yours, I am 99.9% sure the issue is from your SOP or Choice of degree in relation to your present employment but don't worry, SOP isn't that hard, you just have to locate where you missed it the first time. I can assist you further if you need assistance with your SOP.

So how do we tackle it.
I want to re-submit my application next week
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 4:53pm On Jul 26, 2019
someone please help me and beg c.i.c ohhhhhhh,, this waiting is painfull

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:58pm On Jul 26, 2019
obodooma:

Great guru’s,

Cc

Yes a good SOP will go a long way, but first can you share your profile let me see? Like, your previous and intended courses, the year you got your first degree(if any)....

(1) (2) (3) ... (159) (160) (161) (162) (163) (164) (165) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.