Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,019 members, 7,818,020 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:54 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (224) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1023049 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 12:53am On Aug 16, 2019
This is very insightful.

Thanks for sharing.

Ayoola03:

Student Visa is the stamp.on your passport, study permit will be issued at the POE which serves as a legal document that allows you to study and work part time while TRV is still the same as student visa. All still falls under same category/meaning.

Your spouse will be issued a work permit which will be the same expiry date as your study visa, your spouse can work full time with her permit.

I came in with my spouse too, he landed his dream job 1 month after his arrival, which is a full time position (with work permit status) and we got our PR few months after I started schooling, which reduced my tuition fee from $8000 per term to $2000, he was the PA tho' so your status or your wife's status doesnt stop your from applying for your PR infact it's a plus for you because in most cases, the PR processing time is always faster for people who are already in canada, our application took just 2months. Start your processing immediately you land when you already know you meet the requirements because:

1. Election is coming up in October and there is high probability that the immigration policies might change/become strict which may affect so many people especially those that dont have a Canadian degree and again, the signs can be clearly seen from the recent CRS scores which refused to come down. (We saw this coming that was why we started immediately we landed, when life was still good, we got an ITA with a CRS score of 444).

2. You avoid paying too much for the health insurance coverage for your wife and children unless your wife is able to get a very good job.

3. It will also increase your wife's chances of getting a permanent job easily with a PR status.

If you are planning to come with your family, you will need to increase your SOA based on LICO ( low income cut off) you can check the cic website for further details which also depends on the size of your family. Try to increase the balance to avoid stories that touch.

Other gurus in the house will talk on the areas I left untouched kiss all the best!

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 12:58am On Aug 16, 2019
nope....

Which airline are you using? And how many hours layover do you have at the African country?

Kishkosh:
Good day everyone, pls for those that have travelled, were you stopped at any border (African border and otherwise) for the immunisation yellow card?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 1:28am On Aug 16, 2019
This your SOP is a no no.
like right from the beginning of the SOP.
1. You do not necessarily need to put an address... it is not a letter.
2. Also the grammer... Oh my goodness... capital letters mid sentence?, disjointed sentences, is and are interchanged...
3. How do you relate graphic art with psychology? Moreover, you further pointed out that Psychology would improve your entrepreneurial skills.. Like how does psychology do this... Do you know what psychology is exactly? It has to do with mental health... and you are talking graphic art, computing etc.

This SOP looks like copy and paste from different SOPs.
It is not clear and does not sell you at all.

And i think this was a major reason for your denial.

Please do your homework... and reapply...

Good luck

smod10:
I applied for Bachelor‭s program and I got denied but I’d really like to reapply.

Here are the reasons the VO gave for denial
I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status

I have attached my SOP that also consists of the documents I submitted.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/1D51-UVfaEsIdvIbkkY4eWueO0c2mcwlp/edit?usp=docslist_api&filetype=msword

I will be glad if there are any help. I have another resumption date. January 2020....

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 1:42am On Aug 16, 2019
tickets are high now...
Even at one way. Paid about 390 on Egypt air on one way and I booked over a month ago. and thats to YYZ, to get to my final destination, another 400CAD. Plus extra fee for luggage (cos once within Canada and your flights are local... you pay for luggage)

Check student universe, expedia, travelstart, tripadvisor...
But this period it is hard to get cheap flights...

I will also suggest you get to YYZ and see how you can fly to Alberta... but no matter how you do it. Omo flights are high this time.. cos summer is rounding up and people are travelling seriously now.
Good luck.

Olayemi360:
Goodday house, what's the best way to get an affordable flight from Nigeria to canada, Alberta specifically. NY final destination is alberta, Grande Prairie but tickets are ridiculously high. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 1:46am On Aug 16, 2019
How can flights be cheaper inside Canada?
From YYZ to Alberta is going from 450CAD upwards as at now... just one way.

This time is just expensive...

Na to close eye buy am.

Vesment:
Try and use Jumia travel, very cheap but you may have so much wait time shaa(like stop time from one airport to another). Or you can check dropping at Montreal and continue.
Flights are cheaper inside Canada but Lagos to Montreal is very cheap

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ukpebor278(m): 2:17am On Aug 16, 2019
Please gurus in the house, those university of Saskatchewan accept HND for a post graduate diploma program, has anyone applied before with HND
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:00am On Aug 16, 2019
waynee2baba:
Lol small thing I point out, everywhere just shake

How far Wayne, your application should be almost 5 weeks now. Any updates?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by idea04: 5:36am On Aug 16, 2019
Stevenssen:

I don't really know about this. Canada shares info with US so they likely knew that you have been refused visa before, maybe you got lucky and they didn't take any further action apart from a denial.
Any other person can offer their thoughts � on this.
Thanks bro. I really need gurus to help me out please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by idea04: 5:44am On Aug 16, 2019
ralfudoh:
I will advice he applies for his gcms. I have seen a case like this where the applicant was banned but he didn't know, he thought it was just generic refusal, not until his gcms arrived. Am not saying your case is the same, but apply for your gcms, it will help you know your status
Yeah have applied for GCMS and below is what noted for refusal
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kishkosh: 5:48am On Aug 16, 2019
Mudicua:
nope....

Which airline are you using? And how many hours layover do you have at the African country?

Ethiopian airlines, about 2 hours layover in Addis Ababa sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorsol(m): 6:35am On Aug 16, 2019
Abekebabe:
Evening house, can anyone suggest for me , few universities in Canada that doesn't require IELTS and GMAT/ GRE for masters program. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated
most schools don't request ILETS but for GRE, it depends on your course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 6:38am On Aug 16, 2019
Chocosmoothie:
Good morning all, can someone please put me through thus Canadian visa process. I'm new on this thread.

B.Sc Civil Engineering (4.37/5.00)
IELTS academic. Overall band 7.5
L 8, S 7, R 7, W 7

You are a smart Nigerian, I respect your achievements
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bkoks: 7:09am On Aug 16, 2019
Can anyone help me out!
My sisters passport (with counterfoil) has been despatched out of VAC since last week Friday. I've not heard from the courier at all. Do I've to call VAC to complain? I don't even know the courier company used by them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mumnadine: 7:35am On Aug 16, 2019
Good morning,please kindly advise!i intend to go to Canada for a masters in social works,I have an MBA already graduated this year to be precise. I am married with 3 kids and I intend going with them,I have an older sister in Canada PR.with 20million in my account and money in my husband account as well. What are our chances please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 7:48am On Aug 16, 2019
Flaame:
Good evening everyone here, I am a rare visitor here, but I've decided to check out on Canadian student visa. I have applied for u.s visa twice but got denied. The most recent happened today, I want to go for an undergraduate degree in computer engineering or architecture. Please how is the visa approval rate and what are the likely documents to be asked? Is the interview face to face appearance?
Hi, sorry about your refusal. No, there is no interview in the Canada study visa application.
Check this link https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part . Also try and read as many pages as you can on this thread .
All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jelmusboy(m): 8:15am On Aug 16, 2019
Please, I need info about University of Sherbrooke and Sherbrooke city itself. Is there anyone studying or living there? Kindly connect pls

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wynie(f): 9:13am On Aug 16, 2019
This silence embarassed embarassed embarassed
June 24th online applicant. Eligibility and background check running for close to a month now, no other update. Lord, let your will be done.

A big congrats to those that have gotten theirs & to those that have been delayed, your approval is on the way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 9:18am On Aug 16, 2019
wynie:
June 24th online applicant. Eligibility and background check running for close to a month now, no other update. Lord, let your will be done.

A big congrats to those that have gotten theirs & to those that have been delayed, your approval is on the way.
omo my medical sef join dey run, june 28th applicant.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 9:20am On Aug 16, 2019
wynie:

Oh really, you relax dear. My application is 9wks already, no medical request. My eligibility review is a month already.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 10:03am On Aug 16, 2019
No worry bro, mine took 3 months to process, May 10 applicant, even after Medicals since June, got approval August 10 so it would turn out for good for everyone.
wynie:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 10:13am On Aug 16, 2019
jelmusboy:
Please, I need info about University of Sherbrooke and Sherbrooke city itself. Is there anyone studying or living there? Kindly connect pls
Bishop uni
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 10:16am On Aug 16, 2019
when did u apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emmaxman(m): 10:35am On Aug 16, 2019
hello house,
i just check my mail to see that i have gotten a reply since 6th. The reply was a refusal based on the following reasons but i'm not sure that is correct.
{ I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.}

Please, Can I request for GCMS note, if am to how to i start it. Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

How far Wayne, your application should be almost 5 weeks now. Any updates?
Yeah... 4 weeks 6 days (Applied on the 14th of July)... No update o My programme doesn't start until October 31st... maybe they stalled the visa application or something
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 10:39am On Aug 16, 2019
emmaxman:
hello house,
i just check my mail to see that i have gotten a reply since 6th. The reply was a refusal based on the following reasons but i'm not sure that is correct.
{ I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.}

Please, Can I request for GCMS note, if am to how to i start it. Thank you very much

Sorry about this bro
You’ll get it right next time
When did you apply?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobleman61: 10:42am On Aug 16, 2019
waynee2baba:

Yeah... 4 weeks 6 days (Applied on the 14th of July)... No update o My programme doesn't start until October 31st... maybe they stalled the visa application or something

How come ?
July 14th was on a Sunday grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Masterariyo(m): 10:48am On Aug 16, 2019
Ayodeji786:

Oh really, you relax dear. My application is 9wks already, no medical request. My eligibility review is a month already.

Submitted on June 13th, just background check since ooo. Eligibility review hasn't started... But i am calm. God is on the wheel
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 10:49am On Aug 16, 2019
Maybe online na
Nobleman61:

How come ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 10:50am On Aug 16, 2019
Lol yeah. I got biometrics request the next day - 15th (Monday), did it on the 16th and it showed completed on the 19th. Since then... they just hang my hand sad as Wizkid take hang that guy for Headies 2016 cheesy

Well, I know one Indian lady that's a UK PR holder going to Canada to study but her financial docs are from India. She's been waiting for 2 months lol shocked. She applied on the 3rd of June. As she yarn me her matter, e humble me grin I just leave matter for Mathias undecided

Nobleman61:

How come ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Masterariyo(m): 10:50am On Aug 16, 2019
Ayodeji786:

Submitted on June 13th, just background checking since ooo. Eligibility review hasn't started... But i am calm. God is on the wheel
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 10:52am On Aug 16, 2019
BTGbenga:
Maybe online na
Yeah online. Eligibility hasn't even started. Submitted that IRCC web form last week Friday, dem never show me love

(1) (2) (3) ... (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) (227) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.