Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,039 members, 7,818,076 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (223) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1023111 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:45pm On Aug 15, 2019
iVentHub:
Good Evening Everyone,
I am a silent reader hoping to start my Visa application process by the end of this month, I gained admission for a post bac diploma in economics for Winter, I planned to use a travel agent for my visa application cos my neighbours are in Canada and they suggested that I use them, I approached them and presented all documents I need to submit, but here is the bottle neck my sponsor account has 6 Million in it with an inflow of 31Million and outflow of 25Million, I was told I can't use the statement of account that its not good enough.
Gurus in the house kindly advise.

Cc @frankrobbn1
Thanks in anticipation

First and Foremost, I would like to use this opportunity to congratulate you on your Admission into a Canadian DLI. With regards to your question pertaining financial sufficiency for your Visa application. I would like to ask few questions, which entitles the following;

What's the duration of your program in Canada?

How many dependants does your sponsor have?

What's your tuition fees like?

Be properly guided that all prospective applicants seeking for a Canadian study permit is expected to show a minimum of $10,000CAD as their first year living expenses as indicated by IRCC aside their tuition fees. This funds can either be in the Sponsor's account or the Applicant.

When you sum up the above, do you think 6Million will be adequate enough to cover for your first year of Studies in Canada without working and no recourse to public funds? The answer is NO, because your tuition fee and living expenses would have exhausted the stated funds (6M). In a situation like this, I would advise that you get a co-sponsor who will be responsible for your living expenses whilst, your sponsor (dad,mom or immediate family) can stand as the prime sponsor to your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 6:54pm On Aug 15, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Q-1 - Yes you can validate and submit your application anytime.

Q-2 - Online and Paper NONE is the best. The difference b/w the two routes is that Online application can be done at your convenience and payment can be completed using your Master card. However, paper route you need to be physically present to submit your application and pay at the VAC counter. Online is cheaper 67k whilst, paper application is a little bit high 68k. As for me, I prefer online route as it's quite easier for me. In a nutshell, the onus is dependent upon you to decide which best suit you whether online or paper route. Be informed that none has added advantage to your application.

Q3 - I won't be available at the moment to review your letter... I trust other knowledgeable individuals here can help you to vet the SOP and make possible amendments where applicable.

Q4 - Yes you're good to go with the photocopy of the documents and Original bank statements.

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by smod10(m): 6:55pm On Aug 15, 2019
waynee2baba:
How does Writer, Graphics Artist, Website Designer relate to Psychology? sad Purpose of visit and your SOP has grammatical issues

Thanks for your response to this, I wish I found this thread earlier rather than giving it out to my lecturers. But it’s all good, I hope I can reapply with the assistance of the good people here and their willingness to be of help. Please kindly help me and be more constructive in your criticism I don’t even know how else to put it down. Most people here are applying for Msc, Phd and Pgd I have been going through the materials and other threads on this topic and couldn’t find something really helpful to my cause.

You can help me tag other people you believe can help me out on this. It is help i need.

Thanks again.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by iVentHub(m): 6:56pm On Aug 15, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

First and Foremost, I would like to use this opportunity to congratulate you on your Admission into a Canadian DLI. With regards to your question pertaining financial sufficiency for your Visa application. I would like to ask few questions, which entitles the following;

What's the duration of your program in Canada?

How many dependants does your sponsor have?

What's your tuition fees like?

Be properly guided that all prospective applicants seeking for a Canadian study permit is expected to show a minimum of $10,000CAD as their first year living expenses as indicated by IRCC aside their tuition fees. This funds can either be in the Sponsor's account or the Applicant.

When you sum up the above, do you think 6Million will be adequate enough to cover for your first year of Studies in Canada without working and no recourse to public funds? The answer is NO, because your tuition fee and living expenses would have exhausted the stated funds (6M). In a situation like this, I would advise that you get a co-sponsor who will be responsible for your living expenses whilst, your sponsor (dad,mom or immediate family) can stand as the prime sponsor to your application.

Thanks for your response,

The duration of the programme is 2years

Sponsor has two dependents

I have paid initial tuition deposit of about $10,000 CAD
My Dad has abt 11M in his RSA account but his personal statement of account isnt good enough as there are no funds in it.
We have two houses which I planned to do valuation for.
I am kinda confused � on this sponsorship thing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 6:58pm On Aug 15, 2019
Please my good people, who can help me vet my SOP and LOS.. Please help a brother.. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 6:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
Why are people not updating us here today? We dont even know the date range that CIC is now. Pls kindly update us ooooo. Thanks Guys.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by smod10(m): 7:30pm On Aug 15, 2019
BTGbenga:
Why are people not updating us here today? We dont even know the date range that CIC is now. Pls kindly update us ooooo. Thanks Guys.

I don’t know what date range you’re talking about. I got bounced... it took them 1month and 10days after biometric. I did biometric July 4.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 7:34pm On Aug 15, 2019
iVentHub:

Thanks for your response,

The duration of the programme is 2years

Sponsor has two dependents

I have paid initial tuition deposit of about $10,000 CAD
My Dad has abt 11M in his RSA account but his personal statement of account isnt good enough as there are no funds in it.
We have two houses which I planned to do valuation for.
I am kinda confused � on this sponsorship thing

The financial establishment of your dad is adequate enough to finance your first year study and stay in Canada considering that he has 6M in her personal account, 11M in his RSA and has already committed a deposit of $10,000CAD towards your tuition fees. With that being said, I would advise your dad to get a cover letter for his RSA that would state that the funds in the investment account can be liquidated or accessible at any given point in time. The two houses valuation reports will stand as a solid tie to your home country that can motivate your return back home after studies as well as proof of funds.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BTGbenga: 7:43pm On Aug 15, 2019
Sorry about that. I mean the dates that are getting messages now. My own app is June 24. Yet to hear anything
smod10:

I don’t know what date range you’re talking about. I got bounced... it took them 1month and 10days after biometric. I did biometric July 4.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 7:53pm On Aug 15, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 8:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
Hi Mr frank I sent you an email with the amendment u talked about pls kindly check ur mail and the address you promise to send thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:23pm On Aug 15, 2019
Phatkings:
Hi Mr frank I sent you an email with the amendment u talked about pls kindly check ur mail and the address you promise to send thank you

Boss, I remember I reviewed your letters and requested that you should input some changes in them. Please can you directly reply my previous conversation with you where I gave some of my reservations and relevant corrections to be made in the letters rather than starting a fresh mail/conversation. This will help me in going through our past discussion and be able to guide you properly in order to ascertain that you did the right thing the second time. Sorry! but right now, I can't actually figure out the email that is yours as there are lots of letters on my deck and I am likely to mistake you for another person.

Thanks for your understanding and please follow our previous conversation. So I can help you better.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayemi360: 8:48pm On Aug 15, 2019
Goodday house, what's the best way to get an affordable flight from Nigeria to canada, Alberta specifically. NY final destination is alberta, Grande Prairie but tickets are ridiculously high. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by idea04: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
good evening everyone
have been a silence reader after i applied for my student visa, my visa was refused on june 2019 based on financial ground. it was after i submitted my application that i realize that when someone has been refused visa in any country i have to indicate NO, meanwhile have been refused US visa before i travel to Turkey to go and study. but my fear now is that hope i wont be barn with my next application, moreover i just receive my GCMS last week and have differed my admission already , please someone should help me.
here are the submitted document:
BSC CERT
TRANSCRIPT
ADMISSION LETTER
SCHOOL DEPOSIT RECEIPT OF 1500 CAD
SPONSORSHIP LETTER(MY SISTER HUSBAND)
SWORN AFFIDAVIT
PAYSLIP
BANK STATEMENT COVERING 10M
MY PASSPORT DATA PAGE
POLICE REPORT
BUSINESS REGISTRATION CERT OF ME AND MY BROTHER COMPANY.
please gurus should help me out please.
below is the GCMS conclusion

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ca12: 9:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
You can check student universe for cheap flight tickets. You signup with your student mail. Asides that ticket prices are high this time, I hv also had to book a ticket this season as I had no choice.
Olayemi360:
Goodday house, what's the best way to get an affordable flight from Nigeria to canada, Alberta specifically. NY final destination is alberta, Grande Prairie but tickets are ridiculously high. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 9:01pm On Aug 15, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Boss, I remember I reviewed your letters and requested that you should input some changes in them. Please can you directly reply my previous conversation with you where I gave some of my reservations and relevant corrections to be made in the letters rather than starting a fresh mail/conversation. This will help me in going through our past discussion and be able to guide you properly in order to ascertain that you did the right thing the second time. Sorry! but right now, I can't actually figure out the email that is yours as there are lots of letters on my deck and I am likely to mistake you for another person.

Thanks for your understanding and please follow our previous conversation. So I can help you better.
Just did.. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 9:02pm On Aug 15, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=81290215]

Thanks for your understanding and please follow our previous conversation. So I can help you better.[/quote
Sent you an email following the conversation
Thank you ]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by g00dy: 9:04pm On Aug 15, 2019
Can someone please help point me to the link that describes how to get my GCMS notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by g00dy: 9:07pm On Aug 15, 2019
Can anyone please point me to the link that talks about how to get my GCMS notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 9:29pm On Aug 15, 2019
idea04:
good evening everyone
have been a silence reader after i applied for my student visa, my visa was refused on june 2019 based on financial ground. it was after i submitted my application that i realize that when someone has been refused visa in any country i have to indicate NO, meanwhile have been refused US visa before i travel to Turkey to go and study. but my fear now is that hope i wont be barn with my next application, moreover i just receive my GCMS last week and have differed my admission already , please someone should help me.

Your question isn't clear enough.
Do you mean that you didn't indicate that you have been refused a visa when you submitted your application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 9:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
Pls what address should my SOP and LOS be addressed to, and should it be typed on a letter headed paper?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 9:38pm On Aug 15, 2019
Try and use Jumia travel, very cheap but you may have so much wait time shaa(like stop time from one airport to another). Or you can check dropping at Montreal and continue.
Flights are cheaper inside Canada but Lagos to Montreal is very cheap

Olayemi360:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 9:39pm On Aug 15, 2019
g00dy:
Can anyone please point me to the link that talks about how to get my GCMS notes?
There are many links. I found some https://www.nairaland.com/4773130/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/381#77577160

https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/172#80801362

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Valprincx(f): 9:41pm On Aug 15, 2019
Hi guys, please is anyone coming to Newfoundland, next month??
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zsuby: 9:59pm On Aug 15, 2019
Olayemi360:
You may also try IATA certified travel agents and ask them to give you options. Sometimes, the flights that are cheaper and appear to have been fully booked were actually reserved by these travel agents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 10:00pm On Aug 15, 2019
Please people of GOD. I want to ask if I can tender an employment letter Also with letter of 2 years leave without a payslip?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by idea04: 10:32pm On Aug 15, 2019
Stevenssen:

Do you mean that you didn't indicate that you have been refused a visa when you submitted your application?
Yes i didnt indicate no in my application but they only refused me based on financial ground please check the attached gcms note. But my fear now is i hope i wont be barn if i say yes in my next application and i need your help to reapply again when mu new admission letter is out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by idea04: 10:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
Stevenssen:

Yes i didnt indicate no in my application but they only refused me based on financial ground please check the attached gcms note. But my fear now is i hope i wont be barn if i say yes in my next application and i need your help to reapply again when my new admission letter is out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 11:33pm On Aug 15, 2019
idea04:

Yes i didnt indicate no in my application but they only refused me based on financial ground please check the attached gcms note. But my fear now is i hope i wont be barn if i say yes in my next application and i need your help to reapply again when my new admission letter is out
I don't really know about this. Canada shares info with US so they likely knew that you have been refused visa before, maybe you got lucky and they didn't take any further action apart from a denial.
Any other person can offer their thoughts � on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Abekebabe: 11:40pm On Aug 15, 2019
Evening house, can anyone suggest for me , few universities in Canada that doesn't require IELTS and GMAT/ GRE for masters program. Your suggestions will be highly appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Flaame(m): 12:27am On Aug 16, 2019
Good evening everyone here, I am a rare visitor here, but I've decided to check out on Canadian student visa. I have applied for u.s visa twice but got denied. The most recent happened today, I want to go for an undergraduate degree in computer engineering or architecture. Please how is the visa approval rate and what are the likely documents to be asked? Is the interview face to face appearance?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 12:38am On Aug 16, 2019
I will advice he applies for his gcms. I have seen a case like this where the applicant was banned but he didn't know, he thought it was just generic refusal, not until his gcms arrived. Am not saying your case is the same, but apply for your gcms, it will help you know your status
Stevenssen:

I don't really know about this. Canada shares info with US so they likely knew that you have been refused visa before, maybe you got lucky and they didn't take any further action apart from a denial.
Any other person can offer their thoughts � on this.

(1) (2) (3) ... (220) (221) (222) (223) (224) (225) (226) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.