Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,597 members, 7,809,168 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:37 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (249) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018203 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 2:22pm On Aug 22, 2019
Yes it says - We are reviewing whether you meet the eligibility requirements.
mzjokky16:

Na wa o, I sent a web form yesterday sha, has ur eligibility review started?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 2:59pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hadedee:
Good morning gurus...i have a few questions to ask
1)the person in question is a music producer,23 years of age,jst started uni education lst year after having completed secondary school since 2013,got an admission in a college to study sound and music recording,he has some trainin as a keyboardist,music production,sound engineering in which in the visa requirement says one should include certificate of post secondary school.....now how does the person write a well convincing statement of purpose to show that he wants to study in canada with that age gap since end of his secondary school?
2)concernin d financial proof,he wants to use his father bt hes retired...how can one convince d VO by that cos he may think a retiree may nt b able to afford d fees?
3)are landed properties used in place of statement of account or what abi one would need to present both?
Gurus in the house.please this needs a response...thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
If I'm right, you r asking advice against what will happen in 2021? Like r u for real? Well, get a job and have work experience, that will give you edge
Eefy12288:
Good day, I've a couple of questions. I've a brother who just got his permanent Canadian residency approval but said he'd be fully confirmation in 2021 where he can invite family members. So what can I do to make myself eligible? I'm a graduate, a business person and will be traveling outside Nigeria for the first time if it's successful hopefully. Any suggestions from those who may have gone through the process please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tinuowo(f): 3:14pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hi Ohizzy!
This is exactly what I want to achieve. Kindly let me know if you hv gotten the admission and the process involved.
I also read Computer Science 2-2 and I am looking for a 2years Advance Diploma course in any colleges in Ontario. My challenge is that most of those computer courses are highly competitive courses reserved for a Canadian citizen or sm1 already in Canada I think.

ohizzy:

Thanks boss. My school of interest happens to be Algonquin and I plan to apply for a 2years Diploma course in Computer Systems Technician. Am in need of a little guidance on how this school application works. Also if I can use my B.sc certificate to apply or it has to be my O'level plus if IELTS is a criteria. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
tinuowo:
Hi Ohizzy!
This is exactly what I want to achieve. Kindly let me know if you hv gotten the admission and the process involved.
I also read Computer Science 2-2 and I am looking for a 2years Advance Diploma course in any colleges in Ontario. My challenge is that most of those computer courses are highly competitive courses reserved for a Canadian citizen or sm1 already in Canada I think.

Not true
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 3:25pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hadedee:

Gurus in the house.please this needs a response...thanks

1) If I get u, u said u started uni last year... which means u are still in school.. also is the bsc course related to music.. if yes or no, I will advice u finish school 1st cos u will likely be denied based on purpose of visit..

2) well.. if he's statement is good, I advice u include extra means of funding cos the vo will wonder why a retiree will use his life savings to cover for such an expensive foreign education for his child.. Wat will he rely on if he spends this.. therefore I advice u use a second sponsor

3) land cannot be used, rather it's used in place of family ties and a very strong one( it means what property or family that will motivate you to come back to Nigeria after your studies)...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 3:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
tinuowo:
Hi Ohizzy!

Not true though some are shaa... thats why wen u apply for courses, u are eligible to apply for two incase one doesn't go your way.. so look for courses related to your field or experience and apply to them
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 4:04pm On Aug 22, 2019
Aaron321:

1) If I get u, u said u started uni last year... which means u are still in school.. also is the bsc course related to music.. if yes or no, I will advice u finish school 1st cos u will likely be denied based on purpose of visit..

2) well.. if he's statement is good, I advice u include extra means of funding cos the vo will wonder why a retiree will use his life savings to cover for such an expensive foreign education for his child.. Wat will he rely on if he spends this.. therefore I advice u use a second sponsor

3) land cannot be used, rather it's used in place of family ties and a very strong one( it means what property or family that will motivate you to come back to Nigeria after your studies)...
ok..thank for the answer... but if the person doesn't include that he started a uni education..however he include the certificate of training he did in music line nko to support that hes into music?...……..the number 2 anser is helpful
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 4:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
june 28th paper route but my application got to the VO july 2nd
if you applied in vfs in person, on the 28th, then I think your application starts counting from 28th. On your profile doesn't it say 28th? The 'by mail' on Cic may be for those countries that applications are posted by courier to the visa offices. These are just thoughts tho.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
chichi93:
if you applied in vfs in person, on the 28th, then I think your application starts counting from 28th. On your profile doesn't it say 28th? The 'by mail' on Cic may be for those countries that applications are posted by courier to the visa offices. These are just thoughts tho.

Has medicals been passed for you and your husband?

Is eligibility review running for the study permit and SOWP simultaneously?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 4:29pm On Aug 22, 2019
chichi93:
i applied june 28th but it says application received july 2nd
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:31pm On Aug 22, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:

July 2 should be the reference date
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 4:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
Thebushboy:

Has medicals been passed for you and your husband?

Is eligibility review running for the study permit and SOWP simultaneously?
Yes it has been passed and eligibility and background have been running.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 4:33pm On Aug 22, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
Oh OK, We applied June 28th and it's June 28th on our profile that's why I asked.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 4:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
Pls how can I link my application online I applied yesterday
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 5:05pm On Aug 22, 2019
chichi93:

Oh OK, We applied June 28th and it's June 28th on our profile that's why I asked.
any update on your application? My medical have been reading for four weeks now tho i did medical upfront
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 5:07pm On Aug 22, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
any update on your application? My medical have been reading for four weeks now tho i did medical upfront
no update o! Fingers crossed!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
chichi93:
no update o! Fingers crossed!
nawa o. Because we dey bvl season.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 5:09pm On Aug 22, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
our medical was passed since 12th of July. Did you submit the medical slip together with your application? Or you did it later?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 5:10pm On Aug 22, 2019
sterlingwaterlo:
nawa o. Because we dey bvl season.
God big pass them lol. Stay hopeful!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sterlingwaterlo: 5:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
chichi93:
God big pass them lol. Stay hopeful!
I will, thanks ma'am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 6:01pm On Aug 22, 2019
Please how do you know if your medicals has been passed?
Good evening Team
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 6:11pm On Aug 22, 2019
Urielbam:
Please how do you know if your medicals has been passed?
Good evening Team
it says "you have passed the medical exam" and the date shows
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 6:20pm On Aug 22, 2019
Biko where will I check because what I see is
chichi93:
it says "you have passed the medical exam" and the date shows

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 6:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
Urielbam:
Biko where will I check because what I see is
your medicals have not been updated yet, did you do an upfront medical exam or you are waiting to get a medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2019
I did upfront medicals
chichi93:
your medicals have not been updated yet, did you do an upfront medical exam or you are waiting to get a medical request?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 7:21pm On Aug 22, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adeoladele(m): 7:32pm On Aug 22, 2019
Please is there any place I can get the new yellow card aside from airport. Is there anywhere I can do it in Lagos island
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 7:50pm On Aug 22, 2019
nicerichard05:

Thnks buh its saying "We found no application"

Credit to @Mikymiko:

LINKING YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE

Steps to link your Study permit paper application online;

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application

Hope this helps!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 8:24pm On Aug 22, 2019
Mandyknows:

Credit to @Mikymiko:

LINKING YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE

Steps to link your Study permit paper application online;

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application

Hope this helps!

I saw a column for application Id, should put my tracking number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 8:48pm On Aug 22, 2019
Hadedee:

ok..thank for the answer... but if the person doesn't include that he started a uni education..however he include the certificate of training he did in music line nko to support that hes into music?...……..the number 2 anser is helpful

If he submitted that while applying for college admission and he got it, den it's possible he can use it but I will advice on your sop u try to convince why u have no bsc but going for a pgd and not a whole new bsc

(1) (2) (3) ... (246) (247) (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.