Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,102 members, 7,818,294 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:08 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (251) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1023498 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 8:40am On Aug 23, 2019
Hello, Goodmorning all.

Please any June applicants here that is fully funded by the school and still waiting for medical request or yet to hear from IRCC about their study permit application. I and Blema11 application is going to 11wks already. We applied the same day.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 8:41am On Aug 23, 2019
Ayodeji786:
Hello, Goodmorning all.

Please any June applicants here that is fully funded by the school and still waiting for medical request or yet to hear from IRCC about their study permit application. I and Blema11 application is going to 11wks already. We applied the same day.

Have u ordered for your gcms note to give u a clear view of why it's still delaying cos obviously u both have exceeded the processing time
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 8:41am On Aug 23, 2019
UBCcookies:
Good day team, thanks to everyone that have contributed to this great thread. I'm July 8 and I got a request letter for my transcripts, duly completed family form(imm5645). I submitted the completed family form with my application and I don't know why they're asking for it again. House, please do I have to submit their birth certificates since I didn't do that? I need your advice
In my opinion, you should just send what they asked for specifically. Birth certificate of your siblings is not a requirement and they didn't ask for it. Also did you fill the family form that had provision for your siblings? Cos there is an older version of the family form that doesnt. Confirm its the same code with the family form you initially submitted.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 8:45am On Aug 23, 2019
Ayodeji786:
Hello, Goodmorning all.

online or paper?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 8:47am On Aug 23, 2019
chichi93:
online or paper?

We both submitted online application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:48am On Aug 23, 2019
Aaron321:

Have u ordered for your gcms note to give u a clear view of why it's still delaying cos obviously u both have exceeded the processing time

Ordering notes would take another one month...it’s just best to wait. The first webform I sent, I got this response. That few coming days is relative.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 8:51am On Aug 23, 2019
Blema111:

Ordering notes would take another one month...it’s just best to wait. The first webform I sent, I got this response. That few coming days is relative.
it's a good sign they want to send medical instructions. That's a ray of hope. Congrats in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aaron321: 8:51am On Aug 23, 2019
Blema111:

Congratulations... it's a medical request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:57am On Aug 23, 2019
Urielbam:
cry the evil mail has dropped.i am just sad.
I need helppppp

Urielbam:
Please all the gurus make una come o.town hall meeting for my head.my enemies are about to laff at me.
Bikonu

Sorry about the outcome of your application. Can you share a comprehensive list of documents you submitted along with your application as well as your sponsor, previous studies, intended program and proposed designated Institution in Canada.

It shall end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by rippyblogger(m): 9:00am On Aug 23, 2019
Thank you.
JustMellow:

I have responded, check your mail
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NothingDoMe: 9:01am On Aug 23, 2019
Blema111:

Congrats! For them inform you that the request is coming is awesome. If na me I for just go do medical upload.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2019
Blema111:

Did you send a Webform requesting for a medical update to be sent to you? I know of three applicants who did this and received a medical request. Please provide clarity to the house if that's what you also did.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 9:04am On Aug 23, 2019
School fees receipt
Admission letter
Sponsors SOA with about 800,000 euro's (distant uncle and wife based in Dublin)
Police certificate
Medicals
Letter of explanation
Letter of sponsorship from sponsors
Birth certificate affidavit from national population

# I dint include my personal account
# I dint include my marriage certificate though I stated I am married
nicerichard05:

Documents submitted
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Rampssss1: 9:05am On Aug 23, 2019
Sorry about that, did you do medicals?
Madupcy:
I got a bvl yesterday and got the refusal this night, they sent it at night so that somebody will not sleep well but God pass them cheesy
Longest one month of my life (July 9th till today)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:07am On Aug 23, 2019
Urielbam:
School fees receipt
Admission letter
Police certificate
Medicals
Letter of explanation

What's your previous studies, intended program and college/university in Canada.?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 9:07am On Aug 23, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Did you send a Webform requesting for a medical update to be sent to you? I know of three applicants who did this and received a medical request. Please provide clarity to the house if that's what you also did.

Yea, I told them my application is already 8 weeks without medical instruction and I recieved that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:12am On Aug 23, 2019
Blema111:

Yea, I told them my application is already 8 weeks without medical instruction and I recieved that.

Great! Happy it also work for you too like others did.
Congratulations in advance your VISA will turn out positively.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UBCcookies: 9:13am On Aug 23, 2019
Thank you. Do I have to attach the family form with my parents and 5 siblings' birth certificates?
ca12:
I submitted birth certificate during my time so you can go ahead to submit it. No one can actually state what they are looking for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anamekele: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2019
Please gurus in the house what is the meaning of ties in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UBCcookies: 9:18am On Aug 23, 2019
Yes, I submitted the family formform that had provision for siblings and the code of the family form I submitted was IMM5645e but the stated code from the request letter is IMM5645
te author=chichi93 post=81521610] In my opinion, you should just send what they asked for specifically. Birth certificate of your siblings is not a requirement and they didn't ask for it. Also did you fill the family form that had provision for your siblings? Cos there is an older version of the family form that doesnt. Confirm its the same code with the family form you initially submitted.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UBCcookies: 9:20am On Aug 23, 2019
chichi93:
In my opinion, you should just send what they asked for specifically. Birth certificate of your siblings is not a requirement and they didn't ask for it. Also did you fill the family form that had provision for your siblings? Cos there is an older version of the family form that doesnt. Confirm its the same code with the family form you initially submitted.

Yes, I submitted the family formform that had provision for siblings and the code of the family form I submitted was IMM5645e but the stated code from the request letter is IMM5645
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:21am On Aug 23, 2019
UBCcookies:
Good day team, thanks to everyone that have contributed to this great thread. I'm July 8 and I got a request letter for my transcripts, duly completed family form(imm5645). I submitted the completed family form with my application and I don't know why they're asking for it again. House, please do I have to submit their birth certificates since I didn't do that? I need your advice

This is a good sign that there is a huge progress in your application. Thus, you shouldn't be nervous about it. Raise a CSE through webform via this Medium ; https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi and send the requested documents, your academic transcripts and duly completed family form (imm5645) to the Kenya Immigration office. Any additional information you feel may benefit the request (Birth Certificates) in the verification of your family details and education will be very crucial in your case. As a consequence, I'll advise you include the birth certificate OR international passport bio data page of your siblings as adequate proof to your application. Also, draft a brief letter of explanation which would list the documents you've provided to them.

It shall end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 9:28am On Aug 23, 2019
School fees receipt
Admission letter from MUN ,M.Ed(educational leadership study)
Bsc- Adult Education
Police certificate
Medicals
Letter of explanation

Frankrobbn1:

Sorry about the outcome of your application. Can you share a comprehensive list of documents you submitted along with your application as well as your sponsor, previous studies, intended program and proposed designated Institution in Canada.

It shall end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:31am On Aug 23, 2019
Anamekele:
Please gurus in the house what is the meaning of ties in Canada.

Prospective Applicants who were refused with this point wondered why they should have a family in Canada before being given the visa. Note that the full statement is “family ties in Canada OR family in your home country”. So its either you failed to prove each criterion or both criteria, that is, whether you have family ties in Canada or whether you have family ties to your home country. Therefore, if you have any family member living in Canada, that is also a tie in Canada and might outweigh/weaken that of Nigeria, most especially when you don't have strong holdings here in Nigeria (Properties and Assets) that will motivate your departure.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chichi93(f): 9:31am On Aug 23, 2019
UBCcookies:

OK find out if it's a different form and then send with all the other documents our experienced colleagues in the thread have advised you to send.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:47am On Aug 23, 2019
george009:
Hello Gurus in the house;

Please I got admitted to Naigara College and I want to pay my school fees on monday;

I hope the have good refund policy should incase the VISA doesn't go through and also what's the best method to make the payment, am paying for 1st term only.

Thanks
You people will be asking some sort of questions that baffles me. Who better to direct this question to than your intended school. Please we should stop bringing questions that could easily be answered by the school or by simple research on our part.
Contact your school to know their refund policy.
NB: This is not just about you but has been the trend in this thread. Some of the information we seek here could be easily gotten with a simple Google search or contacting our respective schools.
Good luck

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2019
UBCcookies:
Fill another family form with their details, also attach copie of their birth certificate and forward to cic (try to be fast about it as your approval might depend on how early they get it). CIC can be unpredictable sometimes, so just do what they asked and you will be just fine
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Urielbam: 9:53am On Aug 23, 2019
Pls check your mail

Frankrobbn1:

Prospective Applicants who were refused with this point wondered why they should have a family in Canada before being given the visa. Note that the full statement is “family ties in Canada OR family in your home country”. So its either you failed to prove each criterion or both criteria, that is, whether you have family ties in Canada or whether you have family ties to your home country. Therefore, if you have any family member living in Canada, that is also a tie in Canada and might outweigh/weaken that of Nigeria, most especially when you don't have strong holdings here in Nigeria (Properties and Assets) that will motivate your departure.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:14am On Aug 23, 2019
Don't mind them, some lazy Nigerian youths won't let us concentrate on more crucial matters lol.
mcobex:
You people will be asking some sort of questions that baffles me. Who better to direct this question to than your intended school. Please we should stop bringing questions that could easily be answered by the school or by simple research on our part.
Contact your school to know their refund policy.
NB: This is not just about you but has been the trend in this thread. Some of the information we seek here could be easily gotten with a simple Google search or contacting our respective schools.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:23am On Aug 23, 2019
Urielbam:
School fees receipt
Admission letter from MUN ,M.Ed(educational leadership study)
Bsc- Adult Education
Police certificate
Medicals
Letter of explanation

Urielbam:
Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your student permit application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your travel history.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or program of studies that you intend to pursue.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.

Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada

+

Having gone through your profile and the list of supporting documents. First, I can deduce that there wasn't adequate proof of relationship between your distant uncle and you (Principal Applicant). What were his reasons for sponsoring your studies in Canada and what does he stands to gain as a result of this Sponsorship at the completion of your studies. I believe you will be wondering why you're refused based on Insufficient funds to cover for your tuition, living expenses and transportation to Canada when you included a fat bank statement of (800,000)k Euros. shocked This is because you didn't establish strong proof of relationship with your distant sponsor in Dublin and for this reason the visa officer is in doubt/ not convinced enough that you will have full access to the funds in your Sponsor's company/personal account.

Secondly, what is the lucrativeness and the benefits of your proposed study in M.Ed(educational leadership study) upon your return to nigeria? Is there any demand for graduates from this program in Nigeria. How did you link your past studies and intended program in your SOP. All of these must be backed up with justifiable reasons to why you want to incur such a huge cost for a program that can be attained in Nigeria at a cheaper rate which will be benefical/reduce cost for your third party sponsor without having to travel abroad.

Thirdly, what are your ties to Nigeria that can compel your return back home after studies. Do your parents own landed properties, fixed deposits and investments in banks that you will be returning back to look after upon your studies? Do you've any job here in Nigeria that you will be coming back to resume work? Do you've any property in your name. Since you indicated that you're married, why didn't you include a marriage certificate to further buttress the fact that you've a home and great responsibility falls on you being the father/husband to your beloved wife and children. Furthermore, explain convincingly in your SOP how your family will be faring while you're away for studies. Does your wife own a business or in gainful employment provide an evidence for this. These are your ties to Nigeria and should considerably substantiate that you will leave Canada immediately after your studies. In your next application, I would suggest you include your personal account owning to the fact that you're married

Furthermore, travel history as I always make it known to the honorable members of this platform is not a factual reason for a visa refusal. In an effort not to derial the thread, refer to this link on what you can possibly say as your reason for not having travelled outside of your home country until now : https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/238#81441216

To crown it all, I'll strongly advise that you construct a good family tree that will show how your distant uncle is related to you either from your mother's side or father's side down to your generation. Uncle should show his eagerness in sponsoring your studies in Canada by paying your tuition and transferring funds into your personal account. This will prove to the visa officer at the canadian embassy that he is a genuine sponsor and will further demonstrate that you've access to the funds presented in your application. Evidence of your Sponsor's current immigration status in Dublin - International Passport bio data pages (resident permit card) and source of wealth should be included along with your next Application.

I hope this helps.

It shall end in praises.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UBCcookies: 10:26am On Aug 23, 2019
Thank you for your kind response

Frankrobbn1:

This is a good sign that there is a huge progress in your application. Thus, you shouldn't be nervous about it. Raise a CSE through webform via this Medium ; https://secure.cic.gc.ca/enquiries-renseignements/case-cas-eng.aspx?mission=Nairobi and send the requested documents, your academic transcripts and duly completed family form (imm5645) to the Kenya Immigration office. Any additional information you feel may benefit the request (Birth Certificates) in the verification of your family details and education will be very crucial in your case. As a consequence, I'll advise you include the birth certificate OR international passport bio data page of your siblings as adequate proof to your application. Also, draft a brief letter of explanation which would list the documents you've provided to them.

It shall end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UBCcookies: 10:27am On Aug 23, 2019
I'm grateful for your time
chichi93:
OK find out if it's a different form and then send with all the other documents our experienced colleagues in the thread have advised you to send.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (248) (249) (250) (251) (252) (253) (254) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.