Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,955 members, 7,828,357 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 08:45 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (262) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029073 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 6:04am On Aug 27, 2019
[quote author=raymege post=81638598]The reasons clearly are related to the financial aspect of your application.

Adding to what others suggested, I think you should add the following :

a letter of support from your sponsor;if that was not provided earlier.

Considering your account isn't very strong, you could demonstrate financial muscle using Assets, properties; acquired or inherited. This will also serve as home ties.

Also, you should detail why and what your Brother stands to benefit from supporting your education.

Furthermore, detail how many dependants he has and explain how financing you would be sustainable for him and not turn out be too much of a burden on him.

In addition, you may need to include his payslip, employment letters,business docs etc to show some sustainability & consistently in his financial position.

Lastly, since you are self employed you should add your tax papers, contract papers/agreements with your clients,LPOs etc if available.

Better luck next time.
thanks for the suggestion and advice, i' m strengthening those loopholes for my next application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 6:10am On Aug 27, 2019
[quote author=olalemii post=81643755]

Sorry on your refusal!

Did your sponsor show any form of commitment by paying the 4K CAD from his acct or transferring your living expenses to your acct?
yes, he transferred the 4k CAD tuition deposit to my account after which I did the payment myself to the school
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 6:15am On Aug 27, 2019
Aaron321:

How much is in your bros account
Is he married with kids
If u don't have enough and u said your bro has enough to cover a whole year plus tuition, u need him to transfer funds to your account.. enough for flight ticket and enough for living expenses...

Finally u need to order for your gcms notez
I am trying to put things together with him regarding his funds and mine, thanks for the suggestion
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 7:24am On Aug 27, 2019
I dint receive the email. Yes it's compulsory for the transcript to undergo WES assessment. Note that there are like 2 kinds of assessment for WES (under Academic purposes), and U of R has a specification. I think it's ICAP or so, that they require. You can confirm which it is on their website.

Micmay1:
Please, I sent you an email. Is it compulsory for U of R' Graduate Applicant's transcript to undergo WES assessment?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Babarinde146(m): 7:51am On Aug 27, 2019
mrsonofgrace:
LONG LATE APPROVAL ALERT!!!

First time applicant.

Applied 26th June
Biometrics 28th June
Medical request 12th July
Medical done 29th July
Medical passed 1st August
BVL/Passport request/Approval 6th August

Docs submitted:
Passport photo
International Passport
Birth cert
Admission letter
CV
SOP
WAEC result
NYSC cert.
Degree Cert.
Transcript
LGA cert
Tuition deposit receipt
IELTS result & GRE result (Not compulsory)
Professional cert.
Employment letter
Study leave letter
Police report
Employment letter
Study leave letter
Family photo
Graduation pic
Prayers, Prayers and Prayers!!!!

Sponsors docs
Bank statements
Affidavit/Letter of Sponsorship
Complementary card
ID card
International Passport
Previous visas
Employment/Promotion Letter
Pay slips

I forgot to submit my personal statement of account/payslips

I posted this for someone out there who fills all hope is lost. Delay does not mean denial. Believe totally in God no matter what. Don't give up. Also try to have contingency plans to avoid disappointments. Don't place all your eggs in one basket.

I started this journey in 2017, paused for 2 years. And resumed again this year.

Don't expect anybody to give you loads of information. Everything you need is on this thread.

I read this thread from Part 13 - Part 16 back to back before I began my application. Also, I didn't ask any questions until about 4 days to when I was about to submit my application.

Special kudos goes to Frankrobbn1. Truely you are a God sent to this thread. Anyone who comes across you can attest to that. May God bless you bountifully!!!

I thought my application was tight until he vetted it. I was confounded and shocked when he said I was missing a plethora of things in my application. Frank literally opened my eyes that day. So I made the corrections he pointed out but I didn't get any confirmation from him whether my corrections were okay and I needed to submit my application.

So I PRAYED, PRAYED, PRAYED and submitted with faith in God

And now I can say my application was a success.

All thanks to all the gurus in the house who has inspired me and continue to render selfless service to people in this thread. Furthermore, my appreciation goes to the originator of this thread. It's indeed a blessing to have such thread like this.

Not to mention Big name like Austacus. You have done alot for me. God bless you bro!

I wish you all success in your applications.

congratulations

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 8:09am On Aug 27, 2019
Please can you explain in details what study gap is all about? For instance, if some one graduated 2009, and from 2010 to date the person has been working, what exactly will be the person study gap in this scenario.
abelorode:

Hello, I don't think he not adding his statement of account is 'what killed his application.
Insufficient fund could be from the side of the sponsor especially if he/she have dependent(s). To the moniker, if re-applying soon, get a Co-sponsor, and age shouldn't be a problem if you can explain any study gap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 8:41am On Aug 27, 2019
Hello after online payment what's next? I just saw a transaction approved info on my screen no further direction or information help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 8:42am On Aug 27, 2019
please gurus in the house. i re-applied June 22 with July 4 medical update to pass shaa. but the issue is that i have to be in fanshawe latest 29th of august for Pgc in Gis which is only for fall term but am actually planning to change to Project management wen i enter canada and embassy have not even said anything on my app. so deferring will be to next fall and i cant wait that long. can i change to project management and defer to winter session or i should wait on embassy reply before i do that. or will it have any effect on my app? i studied geology and mining with Cgpa 2.1. but i dont wanna do two years masters because of time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:45am On Aug 27, 2019
Phatkings:
Hello after online payment what's next? I just saw a transaction approved info on my screen no further direction or information help
Wait for the call for Biometric, medical, and your passport submission (if you will be approved).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:48am On Aug 27, 2019
mrsonofgrace:
LONG LATE APPROVAL ALERT!!!

First time applicant.

Applied 26th June
Biometrics 28th June
Medical request 12th July
Medical done 29th July
Medical passed 1st August
BVL/Passport request/Approval 6th August

Docs submitted:
Passport photo
International Passport
Birth cert
Admission letter
CV
SOP
WAEC result
NYSC cert.
Degree Cert.
Transcript
LGA cert
Tuition deposit receipt
IELTS result & GRE result (Not compulsory)
Professional cert.
Employment letter
Study leave letter
Police report
Employment letter
Study leave letter
Family photo
Graduation pic
Prayers, Prayers and Prayers!!!!

Sponsors docs
Bank statements
Affidavit/Letter of Sponsorship
Complementary card
ID card
International Passport
Previous visas
Employment/Promotion Letter
Pay slips

I forgot to submit my personal statement of account/payslips

I posted this for someone out there who fills all hope is lost. Delay does not mean denial. Believe totally in God no matter what. Don't give up. Also try to have contingency plans to avoid disappointments. Don't place all your eggs in one basket.

I started this journey in 2017, paused for 2 years. And resumed again this year.

Don't expect anybody to give you loads of information. Everything you need is on this thread.

I read this thread from Part 13 - Part 16 back to back before I began my application. Also, I didn't ask any questions until about 4 days to when I was about to submit my application.

Special kudos goes to Frankrobbn1. Truely you are a God sent to this thread. Anyone who comes across you can attest to that. May God bless you bountifully!!!

I thought my application was tight until he vetted it. I was confounded and shocked when he said I was missing a plethora of things in my application. Frank literally opened my eyes that day. So I made the corrections he pointed out but I didn't get any confirmation from him whether my corrections were okay and I needed to submit my application.

So I PRAYED, PRAYED, PRAYED and submitted with faith in God

And now I can say my application was a success.

All thanks to all the gurus in the house who has inspired me and continue to render selfless service to people in this thread. Furthermore, my appreciation goes to the originator of this thread. It's indeed a blessing to have such thread like this.

Not to mention Big name like Austacus. You have done alot for me. God bless you bro!

I wish you all success in your applications.

Congratulations! More of this we pray for. Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 8:52am On Aug 27, 2019
SOPWriter:

Wait for the call for Biometric, medical, and your passport submission (if you will be approved).
I will be approve
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 8:55am On Aug 27, 2019
Phatkings:

I will be approve
Thank you
You're welcome, and that is my wish for you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abelorode: 9:22am On Aug 27, 2019
nneteb:
Please can you explain in details what study gap is all about? For instance, if some one graduated 2009, and from 2010 to date the person has been working, what exactly will be the person study gap in this scenario.

Study gap is simply explaining what you have been doing since graduating e.g full-time employment, voluntary activities, professional trainings e.t.c. Then backup your claim with appropriate documents.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gg4real: 9:24am On Aug 27, 2019
After sending cic a clearer pdf copies of sister's bank statement during the weekend, her application profile was updated just now but nothing has changed.

Still hoping...

Wishing every prospective applicants best of luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 9:28am On Aug 27, 2019
@ SOPWriter: Congrats dear
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 9:31am On Aug 27, 2019
Thanks for the explanation, my thoughts were right.
abelorode:

Study gap is simply explaining what you have been doing since graduating e.g full-time employment, voluntary activities, professional trainings e.t.c. Then backup your claim with appropriate documents.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:35am On Aug 27, 2019
Vesment:
please gurus in the house. i re-applied June 22 with July 4 medical update to pass shaa. but the issue is that i have to be in fanshawe latest 29th of august for Pgc in Gis which is only for fall term but am actually planning to change to Project management wen i enter canada and embassy have not even said anything on my app. so deferring will be to next fall and i cant wait that long. can i change to project management and defer to winter session or i should wait on embassy reply before i do that. or will it have any effect on my app? i studied geology and mining with Cgpa 2.1. but i dont wanna do two years masters because of time.
Changing course is not CIC's issue, wait for CIC to respond to your app, if they approve it then it will now be between you and your school if they can give you another course.
Though if CIC doesn't attend to you until your first offer letter expires they will ask for an updated one from you, so you can now start contacting your school and asking them about the new offer letter and the possibility of you changing to a course that is offered in winter.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 9:40am On Aug 27, 2019
So sorry to hear about this bro. Delay is not denial, at least they didn't drag the decision, you have time to review and reapply and then get your approval before Jan. We go still meet for there for Jan sure

bennyg24:
Good day nairaland fam, please I need help from gurus here, just got a refusal and the 3 reasons where:
1. Insufficient funds to pay tuition for my the duration of my proposed program.
2. Insufficient funds to pay transportation cost to and from Canada for myself and any accompanying family member.
3. Insufficient funds to maintain myself without working in Canada.
I never knew this refusal can be so disheartening, gosh! embarassed lipsrsealed
Submitted online 17th July for MEng civil engineering, had a BEng in civil engineering with 2 years experience(self employed with CAC registration).
Tuition fee for entire program is 30k CAD (I already Paid 4k CAD tuition deposit)
Sponsor is elder brother with account balance covering entire tuition plus living expenses for a year. I did not include my personal account statement as at time of application due to a very low balance and inflow. Could it be just my account that is the problem?
PLEASE WHAT MAY BE WRONG WITH MY APPLICATION?
SOMEBODY HELP! I NEED UR URGENT AND EXPERIENCED SUGGESTIONS. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:44am On Aug 27, 2019
oniwoski:
Hello Mr Frank and everyone,

Is it the total of my school fees for the entire program that needs to be in my account or school fees for one year and one year living expenses

Your sponsor has to show adequate proof of funds for your first year of Studies (tuition and living expenses) without working and no recourse to public funds. By so doing, the visa officer will critically examine your Sponsor's financial capability to finance the subsequent years of your study in Canada. However, assuming you're a self-sponsored applicant, you're expected to have the entire cost of your tuition in your bank account.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 9:52am On Aug 27, 2019
crackcrack:

Actually, only few June applicants are left. IRCC seems to have responded to most guys. It's just sad that the responses were negative for the most part.

You are probably right though. There seems to be something wrong with applying in June/July for September resumption .

At the bolded, that's not the right time to apply for a study permit to canada for a fall term. Though few might be lucky to receive their PPR but majority doesn't turn out well. It's a trend for IRCC. I strongly advise those that were rejected to quickly defer their admission to Winter and start preparing an airtight application that will demonstrate that their present situation has substantively changed to merit a study permit using their SOP and LOE to pin point the previous reasons for refusal.

It shall end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Micmay1(f): 9:53am On Aug 27, 2019
Thanks for the response. Please, I'll be connecting with you via email.
Jerido:
YES! Please. I am one of the recently admitted graduate student at U of R.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Micmay1(f): 9:56am On Aug 27, 2019
I appreciate your response. Please, I would like to connect with you via email.
Sumji:
I dint receive the email. Yes it's compulsory for the transcript to undergo WES assessment. Note that there are like 2 kinds of assessment for WES (under Academic purposes), and U of R has a specification. I think it's ICAP or so, that they require. You can confirm which it is on their website.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:01am On Aug 27, 2019
rukevweanita:
please will one month be enough to apply for Canadian visa cos of conference?

No; you might end up missing the conference meeting. Apply three - four months before the scheduled date.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosindavies00: 10:01am On Aug 27, 2019
Chukwuemekatehi:
UCI means Unique Client Identifier. It is a number given to applicants who have once applied for a Canadian visa.

@chukwuemekatehi @frankrobbn or anyone who knows.

Must the UCI number on the previously refused application profile be entered on any other subsequent applications?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:12am On Aug 27, 2019
KrystalDesign:
Please can someone reply this?

Please i want to ask a question: With the updated visa processing duration for Nigerians which is 9 weeks, does this include both Saturday and Sunday or its just their working day which is Monday to Friday?

The processing times includes throughout the 7 days in a week (Monday to Sunday). Applicant's receive PPR and Refusal letters during the weekends.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:14am On Aug 27, 2019
tosindavies00:

@chukwuemekatehi @frankrobbn or anyone who knows.

Must the UCI number on the previously refused application profile be entered on any other subsequent applications?

Yes the UCI number will be used in all of your applications including Permanent Residency and Citizenship Application. So, it must be entered in every of your applications to Canada.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UBCcookies: 10:21am On Aug 27, 2019
Good morning all, if I defer to September 2020 since I won't be able to meet up this fall because my visa is still being processed, will I be able to enter Canada anytime or if IRCC finds out about the deferral before my visa approval will they withdraw it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:25am On Aug 27, 2019
bennyg24:
Good day nairaland fam, please I need help from gurus here, just got a refusal and the 3 reasons where:
1. Insufficient funds to pay tuition for my the duration of my proposed program.
2. Insufficient funds to pay transportation cost to and from Canada for myself and any accompanying family member.
3. Insufficient funds to maintain myself without working in Canada.
I never knew this refusal can be so disheartening, gosh! embarassed lipsrsealed
Submitted online 17th July for MEng civil engineering, had a BEng in civil engineering with 2 years experience(self employed with CAC registration).
Tuition fee for entire program is 30k CAD (I already Paid 4k CAD tuition deposit)
Sponsor is elder brother with account balance covering entire tuition plus living expenses for a year. I did not include my personal account statement as at time of application due to a very low balance and inflow. Could it be just my account that is the problem?
PLEASE WHAT MAY BE WRONG WITH MY APPLICATION?
SOMEBODY HELP! I NEED UR URGENT AND EXPERIENCED SUGGESTIONS. Thanks

Sorry about the outcome of your application boss!. Financial insufficiency is the easiest refusal grounds for a study to Canada. So don't have to panic okay.

Permit me to ask you, How much was in your brother's statement of account?, and how many dependants did he declare in his Sponsorship letter?. You said you've been self-employed since you last left school. Why didn't you include your personal bank statement to further buttress the fact that you're established to a degree that your proposed study would be a reasonable expense.

Provide the above answers to my questions, then I'll proceed to advice you properly on how to put up a good Application.

It shall end in praises.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosindavies00: 10:28am On Aug 27, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Yes the UCI number will be used in all of your applications including Permanent Residency and Citizenship Application. So, it must be entered in every of your applications to Canada.

OK. Thanks for your timely response sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:29am On Aug 27, 2019
UBCcookies:
Good morning all, if I defer to September 2020 since I won't be able to meet up this fall because my visa is still being processed, will I be able to enter Canada anytime or if IRCC finds out about the deferral before my visa approval will they withdraw it?

You can certainly be able to enter Canada anytime so long as your VISA is still valid. On your stamped VISA Passport/introduction letter you will see the duration of your VISA and the expected time you're meant to be in Canada. IRCC will not withdraw your approval. Since you're not able to meet up for the fall 2019, IRCC will send you a request for an updated LOA prior to the issuance of your VISA.

This is also not an issue to be bothered about.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by chiwelaw: 10:32am On Aug 27, 2019
Good day,
Does having an Express entry profile affect your chances of getting a student visa? Does one need to quote the UCI in ones Express entry profile? Or get a new one? Note that the Express entry profile score is below 350, therefore may not get any invite.
I will appreciate your response. Thank you

Frankrobbn1:

(1) (2) (3) ... (259) (260) (261) (262) (263) (264) (265) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.