Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,204 members, 7,829,307 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 01:24 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (292) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029394 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 4:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
Martinomi:

According to the admission letter 1st September

During the course of processing your study permit/visa, the visa officer will request for an updated letter of acceptance prior to a passport request/visa issuance.

Martinomi:
Approval!!!!

You got the VISA already! Congrats. Fall session commenced a week ago. You may want to defer your Admission to the winter term, so you could have ample time to prepare for your trip as well as put things together before departing to Canada. I have been so busy lately, hence my inactive mode on the thread. I received your PM, I have responded to your request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
Congratulations @Bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:07pm On Sep 08, 2019
justwise:

Justwise.
Hello @Justwise,

I humbly wish to appeal the case of AYOOLA03 a pioneer member of this honourable thread who you recently banned from contributing on the thread for couple of days now. She has extensively explained to me the reasons behind her dismissal from the thread. Thus, I would like to inform you that AYOOLA03's intentions of coming back here is solely to assist applicants whose visas were rejected and weren't ulterior as you perceived. She is only using this medium as a way of giving back to the thread and also to further guide prospective/future applicants the right step to follow once they arrive Canada so they won't make same costly mistakes she had made when she arrived Canada.

@Justwise, I can understand that we have had sad experiences on this thread in the past where a particular moniker (I won't mention names due to reasons best known to me), began to dupe people of their hard earned money all in the name of assisting them to order for their GCMS notes within Canada.

Since then, it has been a principle on this thread that applicant's should be responsible in getting their GCMS notes after a visa rejection and no room for advertisement of third party GCMS websites on the thread.

Sadly cry, Ayoola03 is not well-informed about the changes on the thread, due to her long time of having participated on the thread. I have adequately explained to her about the terms and conditions governing this reputable platform and she has totally admitted as well as promised never to go contrary to any of the rules again.

As a consequence, I sincerely appeal that Ayoola03 should be given the chance to contribute her quota on this thread, as her valuable experiences in Canada would be of utmost importance in enabling this thread and it's members flourish. Ayoola03 intention of coming back to this thread is genuine and not the other way around.

Thanks as I await a favourable consideration of my request.

High Regards,
Frankrobben1

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Xenyth(m): 5:34pm On Sep 08, 2019
good evening,
I will like to ask do I have to provide SOA, sponsor letter and account. If I have my supervisor is offering me a fund for my program with tuition, stipend.
How do I go about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sunshine21: 5:41pm On Sep 08, 2019
@Regina 3 Hi sent you a PM. Kindly respond

Update:
I arrived on the 3rd Sept. From Abuja to Frankfurt to Calgary & then Regina.
Looking forward to having an amazing experience even though it's cold.

Thank you all. [/quote]

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:50pm On Sep 08, 2019
Happy Sunday guys.

Please can the gurus in the house kindly tell me the difference(s) between forms imm5646 and imm5707e? Which do I fill ?

I'm applying via paper route.

Secondly, do we need to fill out form IMM5832E?

Thank you.

@Frankrobn @JustMellow
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Hello @Justwise,

I humbly wish to appeal the case of AYOOLA03 a pioneer member of this honourable thread who you recently banned from contributing on the thread for couple days now. She has extensively explained to me the reasons behind her dismissal from the thread. Thus, I would like to inform you that AYOOLA03's intentions of coming back here is solely to assist applicants whose visas were rejected and weren't ulterior as you perceived. She is only using this medium as a way of giving back to the thread and also to further guide prospective/future applicants the right step to follow once they arrive Canada so they won't make same costly mistakes she had made when she arrived Canada.

@Justwise, I can understand that we have had sad experiences on this thread in the past where a particular moniker (I won't mention names due to reasons best known to me), began to dupe people of their hard earned money all in the name of assisting them to order for their GCMS notes within Canada.

Since then, it has been a principle on this thread that applicant's should be responsible in getting their GCMS notes after a visa rejection and no room for advertisement of third party GCMS websites on the thread.

Sadly cry, Ayoola03 is not well-informed about the changes on the thread, due to her long time of having participated on the thread. I have adequately explained to her about the terms and conditions governing this reputable platform and she has totally admitted as well as promised never to go contrary to any of the rules again.

As a consequence, I sincerely appeal that Ayoola03 should be given the chance to contribute her quota on this thread, as her valuable experiences in Canada would be of utmost importance in enabling this thread and it's members flourish. Ayoola03 intention of coming back to this thread is genuine and not the other way around.

Thanks as I await a favourable consideration of my request.

High Regards,
Frankrobben1
@justwise please look into this ASAP. Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:59pm On Sep 08, 2019
Hey guys, a friend of mine wants to refund his $2300 paid to Fanshawe. He said he has since sent a refund request mail with the necessary documents but there hasn't been any reply till now. According to him there is a 10 day deadline to seek refund after resumption. So guys your help is needed.
If you've got any tips you'd like to share on how to go about this matter please kindly quote me. It is very urgent and any info will be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SugaRush(f): 6:07pm On Sep 08, 2019
Good Evening House,

Please I need assistance with the following questions:

1) Where do I get the 4 required CIC Forms for study visa application from?

2) Do you suggest I apply online or paper? If online, what is the link to the online application?

3) What are the fees to be paid for either online and paper? Confirm if it is only visa & biometrics is N56,000 approximately?

4) Can I just submit Bank Statement, Sponsorship Letter and Affidavit of Sponsorship for sponsorship? Will this suffice without adding sponsorship employment documents?

Thank you and God bless you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jendy36(m): 7:55pm On Sep 08, 2019
waynee2baba:

UK degrees are 3 years and are internationally accepted and no university will reject one. You get the drift? Usually universities put 3 or 4 years of study for a bachelor's as part of their requirements but I guess this one missed it. You can email them to correct their error.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wilfik: 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
Pls I’m looking for a place to stay in Hamilton close to Mohawk college or anywhere in Hamilton, if anybody can help it would be great. I’m a Mohawk College student Nd i stay close to Mississauga
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jendy36(m): 8:03pm On Sep 08, 2019
SOPWriter:

This is it: these "countries that do not have their years of studies to be four years" (common among European Nations, especially Schengen) mostly request for A-Level or equivalent qualifications, in order to undergo their BSC programs, unlike their counterparts that just need your O-Level certificate.

You have nothing to worry about, just include your secondary and post-secondary school qualifications, also your Bachelor degree transcript, and you will be fine.

Thanks. I appreciate

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:26pm On Sep 08, 2019
Kjoy:
Happy Sunday guys.

Please can the gurus in the house kindly tell me the difference(s) between forms imm5646 and imm5707e? Which do I fill ?

I'm applying via paper route.

Secondly, do we need to fill out form IMM5832E?

Thank you.

@Frankrobn @JustMellow

The difference between the two forms imm5646 and imm5707e, is that the IMM5626 family form made provision for siblings details. Whilst, the IMM5707E doesn't have such provision. You can fill either of the two forms it's acceptable. For paper route you're to fill imm5707e because that's what is provided on IRCC website.

As per your second question, the IMM5832E is referred to as study permit questionnaire. You're to print out this form (page 18-19) and fill by hand.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:35pm On Sep 08, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=82045367]

The difference between the two forms imm5646 and imm5707e, is that the IMM5626 family form made provision for siblings details. Whilst, the IMM5707E doesn't have such provision. You can fill either of the two forms it's acceptable. For paper route you're to fill imm5707e because that's what is provided on IRCC website.

IMM5707E it is then.

Thanks a lot man.

Also Frank, the IMM forms that needs signing will be printed and signed with a pen for paper route? I know for online route the applicant will input their names as signature and send.

For paper, should I print and sign then put the date on the system?.

Thanks again kind sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by akintunde63: 8:45pm On Sep 08, 2019
eazyrely:
Good evening everyone, I've been on the lookout for a long time for universities offering MSC in Animal Science and just this two came up with slightly favorable fees. Uni Of Manitoba and Uni of Saskatchewan.
Does anyone know of any other university please?
I'll hopefully start looking for admission by next month as I'll be concluding my BTech in Animal Production and Health this month end.
Thanks

I only know of USask too. That school no be school, I don find Supervisor tire, dem just dey kick me from post to pillar like naija unis dem.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eazyrely(m): 9:38pm On Sep 08, 2019
akintunde63:

I only know of USask too. That school no be school, I don find Supervisor tire, dem just dey kick me from post to pillar like naija unis dem.

I'm tired of USASK as well, no favorable answers from supervisors.
Can't one apply for admission without getting a supervisor?
Anyone in usask to kindly put me through please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 10:29pm On Sep 08, 2019
House pls I need an idea, my uncle's friend want to be my sponsor, he base in Canada( a medical doctor), were can I classify him ? As a uncle or an inlow or a cousin, how can i go about it with out embassy finding out that he is not any of the former.
How will I proof that he is related to me ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 10:31pm On Sep 08, 2019
Will be happy to meet some one here who just got admitted into Sault collage, Ontario
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:02pm On Sep 08, 2019
Kjoy:

Thanks a lot man.

Also Frank, the IMM forms that needs signing will be printed and signed with a pen for paper route? I know for online route the applicant will input their names as signature and send.

For paper, should I print and sign then put the date on the system?.

Thanks again kind sir

For paper route applicants, you're expected to fill and date the forms using a system/desktop. Afterwards you print out the forms and sign with a pen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:05pm On Sep 08, 2019
ndubuisi1213:
House pls I need an idea, my uncle's friend want to be my sponsor, he base in Canada( a medical doctor), were can I classify him ? As a uncle or an inlow or a cousin, how can i go about it with out embassy finding out that he is not any of the former.
How will I proof that he is related to me ?

You can use him as your uncle and get adequate documents to support your claims. These documents includes - birth certificates, family tree, proof of history/ongoing financial support from him, payment of the fees and transfer of living expenses into a domiciliary Account in your name.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 12:01am On Sep 09, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

For paper route applicants, you're expected to fill and date the forms using a system/desktop. Afterwards you print out the forms and sign with a pen.

Thanks a lot. It means so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 12:43am On Sep 09, 2019
sunshine21:
@Regina 3 Hi sent you a PM. Kindly respond

Update:
I arrived on the 3rd Sept. From Abuja to Frankfurt to Calgary & then Regina.
Looking forward to having an amazing experience even though it's cold.

Thank you all.
Congratulation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mur231: 6:58am On Sep 09, 2019
mcobex:
I just hope this your rush rush won't hurt you later. Why did it take you that long to contact your school to ask for your admission to be deferred? Knowing fully well that they have a deadline(all schools do). Also, before making any payment always make sure you know their refund policy before doing such(in this case you might end up lossing 5% of your fee which is sad).
That said, to your first question. you applied on the 24th of July(which is about 6 weeks old). You can only email CIC if you think your app has exceeded the processing time, but in your case it hasn't. My advice to you is tell the school you will like to resume next September (2020) as with that there's a high possibility your tuition fee will still be intact (though contact them to get first hand info on that).
Secondly, you can only get a new offer letter (for your first program)only when you defer your admission (i.e the school accepting that you can start with them next September). As for applying for a different program that will commence in January 2020, it isn't a bad idea but how related is that program to the previous one you applied for TRV for? Because if it isn't related then CIC will bounce your app. In fact with the stage your app is now CIC will only ask for an updated offer letter (same offer letter you applied with) as the resumption date has passed(the old one has more or less expired).
You should have contacted the admission team long before now (long before school resumed), but all the same let them know you had issues with your visa and you thought CIC will approve it before resumption that's why you didn't bother to defer your admission on time, but that as it is now you don't mind starting in September 2020. Also that you will need an updated offer letter from them so you can send it to cic when they ask for it .
At this point, all you need now is patience , if you don't want to miss out on 5% of your money then be looking at September 2020 (same school, same program)....but email the admission department immediately to know if they can do that for you
Good luck

Thank you Sir for your response.. I have emailed the admission team already.. just expecting their response though I will put a call through later today.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 7:02am On Sep 09, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You can use him as your uncle and get adequate documents to support your claims. These documents includes - birth certificates, family tree, proof of history/ongoing financial support from him, payment of the fees and transfer of living expenses into a domiciliary Account in your name.
Thanks bro, although I made a mistake for saying my uncle's friend, the man is my in-laws friend...
Can I still use him as my uncle ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mur231: 7:04am On Sep 09, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Mur231,

Its quite unfortunate to hear about your predicament. You should have deferred your admission to the next possible intake before the resumption date, but that's in the past now. The better choice would be to defer to the September 2020 intake to protect that 5% from not falling off. Thus, if there is surplus and you feel the urgent haste to get a new admission letter, you have seek for a refund. More so, the question you to ask yourself will be: if you can or how can you get an admission in same field even if its in a different DLI - not all VO would understand this, presenting an admission letter in a different field. In every option, deferring to September is highly reasonable and better. This would even save you to recover from all the trauma and cutting you time to prepare.

In this case, the school advisor(s) is not in the best position to help you, at least to an extent. You should be rubbing mind with the school's admissions or international office through emails, rather place a call through to them during working hours in Canadian time. If possible, expand your enquiries to their exams and records department, graduate coordinator and the administrative secretary; one of the mentioned would likely bend to your plea of consideration, assistance, or proper guidance especially to defer to January 2020 intake if its available in your program otherwise September 2020 is also considerate. I reiterate that its best to ask for a deferment that to seek for a refund at this point or stage of your application.

At this stage of your application, a decision can be reached at any point in time, nobody can certainly assure you when, without an assumption based analysis. All that matters now is to do the needful and patiently wait. Though, getting a decision before the deadline date is feasible, but not withstanding, defer to the next possible intake.

Don't just put your hopes in God without doing the needful, by trying to get a new admission letter at hand before the expiration of the submitted. This would prevent a later helter-skelter and panicking. Once the new offer letter is received, you can either send it to IRCC or wait for it to be request by them - i prefer if you send (this choice and opinion varies).

Lastly, there is no other way or means to hasten or communicate with IRCC than sending a CSE or emails, and/or if you are so fussed about your application, request for your notes.

The most vital is to first contact the admission office and her sister offices for proper enquiry of the possibility to defer to January 2020 with polite persistent pleas, before succumbing to the option of September 2020 deferment.

Good luck!

Thank you boss! I have written to the admission unit, and I'm waiting for their response. I will also call them later today. Whatever response I get from them I will update you. thanks once again!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mur231: 7:11am On Sep 09, 2019
jessyeve:
Ur best bet is to plead with them to start Sept 2020, I really don't understand what u meant by u can't defer, like deferring to Sept 2020 isn't open to u or what? I think going for another course at this time will definitely affect u negatively, try get an updated offer letter for next yr Sept and look at it from the brighter side, u have ample time to prepare for ur travel... that's just my problem with paying tuition bfor visa, the long story that follows no be here, u will never gt ur money back 100%,God knows my next application, I'm not paying shishi, if VO isn't ok seeing it in my account then he never intended giving me visa at the first place, not wasting any unnecessary money no more since it makes no difference, if they gonna reject after the whole reassuring with tuition payment then what's the point? once bitten, twice shy.

Thanks for your input..what I mean is that the school deferral date has passed. Though admission team considers deferment case by case bases.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 9:07am On Sep 09, 2019
mur231:

Thank you Sir for your response.. I have emailed the admission team already.. just expecting their response though I will put a call through later today.
You are welcome. Just politely tell them the reason you didn't defer on time was because you thought CIC will approve your application before the deadline. Make sure you tell them you don't mind starting next September (2020), that way you stand a better chance of getting a new offer letter for same course which you will later send to CIC when they request for new offer letter(though some schools will ask you to pay another admission fee, but like I said "SOME " schools). Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 10:52am On Sep 09, 2019
Good day all,
for those that attached their personal account statement to their application, where is the section to attach it?
I have a sponsor, just want to include my own statement of account
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:05am On Sep 09, 2019
ndubuisi1213:

Thanks bro, although I made a mistake for saying my uncle's friend, the man is my in-laws friend...
Can I still use him as my uncle ?

Using him as your in-laws friend wouldn't be feasible. It's more logical if you present him as your maternal uncle and provide the listed documents in my previous post to substantiate your claims.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:06am On Sep 09, 2019
bennyg24:
Good day all,
for those that attached their personal account statement to their application, where is the section to attach it?
I have a sponsor, just want to include my own statement of account

Attach and upload all financial statements including yours in the - Proof of Means of Financial Support Column.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 11:22am On Sep 09, 2019
I have been trying to link my app online for the past 2weeks now after submission. buh it keeps saying no record found. I am not worried cost I dnt even know the progress of my app yet. I have followed the steps I was asked to follow via this platform buh yet it's not working. every other information is correct, i think it is the program start and end date that has issues. i need help ooo

cry cry cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 11:34am On Sep 09, 2019
Please I am about submitting my application with these document, just wanted gurus in the house to help vet it(had BEng in civil engineering and going for MEng civil engineering)
All IMM forms
passport photograph
International passport
Birth certificate
National ID card/work ID
CAC certificate of business incorporation
Admission letter
SOP/LOE
CV/bachelor degree cert/Transcript
Abstract of published paper
Personal statement of account(showing 10000CAD plus 1.1m for flight ticket)
Tuition deposit receipt(4000CAD)
Parents ID card(voters card)
Family and sponsor pictures
note:total tuition for my proposed16months MEng program is 30kCAD

Sponsor's documents(brother)
4 months statement of naira plus dollar account showing 35kCAD(for my tuition) and extra 6kCAD(salary account with 45m inflow and 10m outflow)
Tuition deposit receipt(4000CAD)
Letter of sponsorship(stating 5.5m plus 12kUSD as reserved for my tuition and incidentals)
International passport
age declaration
employment letter/pay slips/work ID
land/property documents

Please @ Frank, Justmellow, Mcobex, SOPwriter and other experienced friends here, thanks.

(1) (2) (3) ... (289) (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.