Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,669 members, 7,816,755 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 04:32 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (293) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022257 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 11:35am On Sep 09, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Attach and upload all financial statements including yours in the - Proof of Means of Financial Support Column.
OK, thank u.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:54am On Sep 09, 2019
Bracha:
Good morning everyone,

It has been a while. How's everyone doing? Hope we're all OK and praying too ☺. Congratulations to those who got their TRVs and also to those who are yet to receive it, it will end in praise.

I got into Canada this past Thursday. PoE was smooth.

Here is a bit of what I can remember

CBSA agent: please give me your acceptance letter and proof of payment
Me: handed them over to her.

CBSA Agent: what are you going for
Me: MELS at Brandon University, Manitoba.

Agent: how do you intend to pay the rest
Me: my uncle will be paying for it. Also I have a TA position at the school.

Agent: what does your uncle do?
Me: I don't really know but just know he lives here, don't know what he does too.

Agent: that's rather weird. That you don't know all these. How then has he been helping.
Me: he's been helping since back home in Nigeria.

Agent: OK.

Agent: will the TA stipend be enough to take care of the rest?
Me: yes it would.

Agent: please wait. Then she goes to print the study permit. Then comes back. She hands it to me

Me: please will this allow me work off campus?
Agent: yes.
Me: thank you.

Agent: just go through there.
Me: thanks.

I told her I didn't have the statement of account and she said no problem. She didn't need that.

I had an apple watch with me, my brother wanted me to change the screen for him. Nothing was asked of me there.
But at the Agricultural section (the people you submit the declaration form to for them to mark), they asked if I had seeds and other stuff, I said yes. I even ticked it on the declaration form. They said okay, no problem. I also ticked that I had unaccompanied goods (goods to follow, which is my bag that contains my food items).

Note:
Bring food o, as in traditional food - Ogbono, Egusi, Oha, efo etc. Leave meat and milk/milk-containing food items. Just bring food items - indomie o, spaghetti o, so long as your bag no pass your weight allowance, just bring. Whatever you bring, please declare them on the card. Answer questions with confidence and then continue praying so they don't find anything amiss.
Carry blanket too if you can. Canada is very very very very cold (see as the 'very' long eh, it doesn't even begin to explain how cold it is).

Also, get thermal clothing for the cold. Buy bathroom slippers too. Buy shoes o - for women, buy walking shoes (see pictures, these pictures are just examples of what you need), leave those normal women shoes, they won't give you any protection at all.

I changed some of my money at the Bureau dé Change downstairs (at the arrival section). CAD costs 286 there instead of 290 upstairs and in other places.

I forgot my bag of food items so now I need someone to please bring it for me. Anyone coming to Canada in the coming days? I will pay to have it sent to Brandon from wherever you are. Pleaseeeeeee.

Ayodeji786, Blema111, Martinomi, congrats. Also I Ayodeji and Blema111 please I need either of you's help with the bag because you guys will be coming to provinces close to mine. Abeg

Also don't forget winter boots and jackets o

Hello Bracha,

Its goodnews to hear you arrived safely and your POE experience went smoothly. I wish you all the best and stay safe.

All the best!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:07pm On Sep 09, 2019
Kjoy:
Happy Sunday guys.

Please can the gurus in the house kindly tell me the difference(s) between forms imm5646 and imm5707e? Which do I fill ?

I'm applying via paper route.

Secondly, do we need to fill out form IMM5832E?

Thank you.

@Frankrobn @JustMellow

Hello Kjoy,

Your answer has been answered by Frankrobbn1.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyukuwife: 12:42pm On Sep 09, 2019
please i need the gurus help on these questions
1. i intend to apply for my study permit along with my dependent son. should i use submit my husband statement of account for support because my initial sponsor for my study permit is my father. i want to know if i can have two sponsors, i.e my husband to take care of my sons finances and my father for my tuition and other expenses
2. doing upfront medical is it a bad idea
3. what am i suppose to fill in the part of purpose of visit for my son in his TRV application and also the accommodation address details, should i put my proposed university address in Canada as the residential address
4. do i need to attach my cv. i have a 5 year study gap
5. the emploment letter from my office, should it be addressed to the candian embassy or its the letter i received when i was employed 5 years ago
Thank you in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anfieldboss: 12:59pm On Sep 09, 2019
Hello guys,

Please I would like to know, if someone has a fully funded PhD scholarship (tuition plus stipends for living expenses), will the person still need a sponsor to support his application for study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 1:32pm On Sep 09, 2019
Thank you.

About the cold... Not you too! Can everyone just stop talking about how winter is worse, especially when I live in the coldest province in Canada. cry cry cry cry cry

Naijaforeigner:
@Bracha,

Congrats and welcome to Canada.
Wait, Canada is cold at the moment? Cold wey still Dey warm up, Wait till December/ January and your cold will be very very long �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 1:34pm On Sep 09, 2019
Thanks Sumji, yes, definitely in 2020! All the best.

PS: I am a lady grin

Sumji:
Congrats man! This is the kind of news/gist I want to be hearing.

All the best Bracha!! 2020, we're coming!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 1:35pm On Sep 09, 2019
Thank you.

mcobex:
Congratulations @Bracha
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 1:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
bennyg24:
Please I am about submitting my application with these document, just wanted gurus in the house to help vet it(had BEng in civil engineering and going for MEng civil engineering)
All IMM forms
passport photograph
International passport
Birth certificate
National ID card/work ID
CAC certificate of business incorporation
Admission letter
SOP/LOE
CV/bachelor degree cert/Transcript
Abstract of published paper
Personal statement of account(showing 10000CAD plus 1.1m for flight ticket)
Tuition deposit receipt(4000CAD)
Parents ID card(voters card)
Family and sponsor pictures
note:total tuition for my proposed16months MEng program is 30kCAD

Sponsor's documents(brother)
4 months statement of naira plus dollar account showing 35kCAD(for my tuition) and extra 6kCAD(salary account with 45m inflow and 10m outflow)
Letter of sponsorship(stating 5.5m plus 12kUSD as reserved for my tuition and incidentals)
International passport
age declaration
employment letter/pay slips/work ID
land/property documents

Please @ Frank, Justmellow, Mcobex, SOPwriter and other experienced friends here, thanks.

I think everything is okay

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 1:42pm On Sep 09, 2019
Anfieldboss:

Hello guys,

Please I would like to know, if someone has a fully funded PhD scholarship (tuition plus stipends for living expenses), will the person still need a sponsor to support his application for study permit?
Not really, but if you can show money for at least your flight from Nigeria to Canada it will go a long way to helping your app

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 1:50pm On Sep 09, 2019
Thank you.

I wish you all the best too.

Cheers.

JustMellow:

Hello Bracha,

Its goodnews to hear you arrived safely and your POE experience went smoothly. I wish you all the best and stay safe.

All the best!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nannanie10: 2:11pm On Sep 09, 2019
Congratulations Bracha. Al the best.

Bracha:
Good morning everyone,

It has been a while. How's everyone doing? Hope we're all OK and praying too ☺. Congratulations to those who got their TRVs and also to those who are yet to receive it, it will end in praise.

I got into Canada this past Thursday. PoE was smooth.

Here is a bit of what I can remember

CBSA agent: please give me your acceptance letter and proof of payment
Me: handed them over to her.

CBSA Agent: what are you going for
Me: MELS at Brandon University, Manitoba.

Agent: how do you intend to pay the rest
Me: my uncle will be paying for it. Also I have a TA position at the school.

Agent: what does your uncle do?
Me: I don't really know but just know he lives here, don't know what he does too.

Agent: that's rather weird. That you don't know all these. How then has he been helping.
Me: he's been helping since back home in Nigeria.

Agent: will the TA stipend be enough to take care of the rest?
Me: yes it would.

Agent: please wait. Then she goes to print the study permit. Then comes back. She hands it to me

Me: please will this allow me work off campus?
Agent: yes.
Me: thank you.

Agent: just go through there.
Me: thanks.

I told her I didn't have the statement of account and she said no problem. She didn't need that.

I had an apple watch with me, my brother wanted me to change the screen for him. Nothing was asked of me there.
But at the Agricultural section (the people you submit the declaration form to for them to mark), they asked if I had seeds and other stuff, I said yes. I even ticked it on the declaration form. They said okay, no problem. I also ticked that I had unaccompanied goods (goods to follow, which is my bag that contains my food items).

Note:
Bring food o, as in traditional food - Ogbono, Egusi, Oha, efo etc. Leave meat and milk/milk-containing food items. Just bring food items - indomie o, spaghetti o, so long as your bag no pass your weight allowance, just bring. Whatever you bring, please declare them on the card. Answer questions with confidence and then continue praying so they don't find anything amiss.
Carry blanket too if you can. Canada is very very very very cold (see as the 'very' long eh, it doesn't even begin to explain how cold it is).

Also, get thermal clothing for the cold. Buy bathroom slippers too. Buy shoes o - for women, buy walking shoes (see pictures, these pictures are just examples of what you need), leave those normal women shoes, they won't give you any protection at all.

I changed some of my money at the Bureau dé Change downstairs (at the arrival section). CAD costs 286 there instead of 290 upstairs and in other places.

I forgot my bag of food items so now I need someone to please bring it for me. Anyone coming to Canada in the coming days? I will pay to have it sent to Brandon from wherever you are. Pleaseeeeeee.

Ayodeji786, Blema111, Martinomi, congrats. Also I Ayodeji and Blema111 please I need either of you's help with the bag because you guys will be coming to provinces close to mine. Abeg

Also don't forget winter boots and jackets o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 3:53pm On Sep 09, 2019
Hi Guys.

Please can someone help me with the new exact address to use for Bank letter of introduction;

Read some time ago, it's been changed.

Please its urgent, am in the bank now.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by george009: 4:06pm On Sep 09, 2019
I used this, I just hope its the right address;

The Visa Officer,
High Commission of Canada,
4 Anifowoshe Street,
Victoria Island Lagos
Nigeria.

george009:
Hi Guys.

Please can someone help me with the new exact address to use for Bank letter of introduction;

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 4:30pm On Sep 09, 2019
The Migration Program Manager,
High Commission of Canada,
Nairobi, Kenya.

george009:
Hi Guys.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zzzz1234: 5:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
Yes thanks... I am the last child, my first two siblings are independent and the third child( the one I’m following) will be finishing her masters this September ending, she is not yet married though.

Do I need to add any document to proof that she will be done this September? Should I use her admission letter or just stating the info above on my sop is enough? Also do my other siblings do I need to put proof?

mcobex:
What I am trying to say is this:
Use your most active account to apply and your dad needs to state that he has transferred the funds to you(you also need to explain that in your SOP )....doing this will let the vo know that the fund is readily available and also it will clear the issue of lump sum.
Secondly, even if you dad transfers the funds for your study to you or pay your tuition fee, he still needs to submit his own statement of account and other sources of income to show that he can sponsor you beyond your first year and at the same time take care of other family members (his dependants) back in Nigeria.
Get it now?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:10pm On Sep 09, 2019
bennyg24:
Please I am about submitting my application with these document, just wanted gurus in the house to help vet it(had BEng in civil engineering and going for MEng civil engineering)
All IMM forms
passport photograph
International passport
Birth certificate
National ID card/work ID
CAC certificate of business incorporation
Admission letter
SOP/LOE
CV/bachelor degree cert/Transcript
Abstract of published paper
Personal statement of account(showing 10000CAD plus 1.1m for flight ticket)
Parents ID card(voters card)
Family and sponsor pictures
note:total tuition for my proposed16months MEng program is 30kCAD

Sponsor's documents(brother)
4 months statement of naira plus dollar account showing 35kCAD(for my tuition) and extra 6kCAD(salary account with 45m inflow and 10m outflow)
Letter of sponsorship(stating 5.5m plus 12kUSD as reserved for my tuition and incidentals)
International passport
age declaration
employment letter/pay slips/work ID
land/property documents

Please @ Frank, Justmellow, Mcobex, SOPwriter and other experienced friends here, thanks.

Hello Bennyg24,

The documents seems to be intact to make a good application, but hope you worked on your home ties accordingly.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:27pm On Sep 09, 2019
oyukuwife:
please i need the gurus help on these questions
1. i intend to apply for my study permit along with my dependent son. should i use submit my husband statement of account for support because my initial sponsor for my study permit is my father. i want to know if i can have two sponsors, i.e my husband to take care of my sons finances and my father for my tuition and other expenses
2. doing upfront medical is it a bad idea
3. what am i suppose to fill in the part of purpose of visit for my son in his TRV application and also the accommodation address details, should i put my proposed university address in Canada as the residential address
4. do i need to attach my cv. i have a 5 year study gap
5. the emploment letter from my office, should it be addressed to the candian embassy or its the letter i received when i was employed 5 years ago
Thank you in advance

Hello Oyukuwife,

To answer your questions accordingly:

1. Yes, you can use two sponsors for your application. One can act in the capacity of sponsor whilst the other as a co-sponsor. Consequently, your husband showing commitment towards your son's LE as an accompanying dependent tells well of how financially stable you are in your home country irrespective of your father sponsoring you. On the exception that, if your husband doesn't have a sufficient account balance, no need including it, just get him to transfer the funds to your personal acct then address it online your SOP. In this case, that of your father can only be shown.

2. An upfront medicals does no harm but good in terms of avoiding time delay.

3. Key in visit/accompanying dependent. Use your school details as answer.

4. Yes, its advised to include your CV. It will clearly answer the study gaps by showing the VO your active activities been engaged in prior to this time. Also, address the gap in your SOP/LOE.

5. No the employment letter is what you were given to officially recognize you as an employee, the photocopy should be submitted. Thus, it is the introduction letter or reference that needs to be addressed to the embassy, and as such, the original copy should be submitted.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:35pm On Sep 09, 2019
Anfieldboss:

Hello guys,

Hello Anfieldboss,

I am an avid supporter of Liverpool too. As noted, all applications are not the same because a full funded application can still be refused for "personal asset & financial status," so just include your personal account that is enough to cover your flight itinerary or better still include a sponsor even without a fat account but which is sufficient enough to cover your flight itinerary.

If you have access to a sponsor with a good account, include if not, make the VO understand that your full funding or scholarship is sufficient then give a breakdown. Still, include your personal SOA.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:45pm On Sep 09, 2019
Zzzz1234:
Yes thanks... I am the last child, my first two siblings are independent and the third child( the one I’m following) will be finishing her masters this September ending, she is not yet married though.

Do I need to add any document to proof that she will be done this September? Should I use her admission letter or just stating the info above on my sop is enough? Also do my other siblings do I need to put proof?

Hello Zzzz1234,

There's no need providing too much information about your siblings, they're not the principal applicant. However, only their birth certificates will suffice. Any other information about them is best advised to be stated in writing words. Thus, its also not bad including other relevant documents of them, but like i said before, they're not the principal applicant just leave it simple.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anfieldboss: 6:46pm On Sep 09, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Anfieldboss,

I am an avid supporter of Liverpool too. As noted, all applications are not the same because a full funded application can still be refused for "personal asset & financial status," so just include your personal account that is enough to cover your flight itinerary or better still include a sponsor even without a fat account but which is sufficient enough to cover your flight itinerary.

If you have access to a sponsor with a good account, include if not, make the VO understand that your full funding or scholarship is sufficient then give a breakdown. Still, include your personal SOA.

Good luck!

Thanks boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Okusi(m): 6:51pm On Sep 09, 2019
Flashing:

Before the refusal drop were your eligibility review running or just your background check was running?

The 2 were running
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 6:52pm On Sep 09, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Using him as your in-laws friend wouldn't be feasible. It's more logical if you present him as your maternal uncle and provide the listed documents in my previous post to substantiate your claims.
Thanks alot, I appreciate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 7:05pm On Sep 09, 2019
Zzzz1234:

Stating it in your SOP should do, but as for your brothers if you can get proof of them working it el be great, but if not just state it and you will be fine . Try to include their international passport data page or birth certificates if you can.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by henifri: 7:40pm On Sep 09, 2019
Good day Guys!

Is there anyone who studies on Vancouver Island University (VIU) here?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Enculer: 9:02pm On Sep 09, 2019
Interesting

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SOPWriter: 9:39pm On Sep 09, 2019
Enculer:
Interesting
That's bad, if it's accurate.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by waynee2baba: 9:49pm On Sep 09, 2019
Enculer:
Interesting

Data analysis might have been carried out based on very small datasets. Notwithstanding, based on personal observations, the above analysis might be somewhat close to the real deal.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Regina3(f): 10:06pm On Sep 09, 2019
benque:
Nice, thanks for updating us. We also want to see stuff like this to keep our morales high. Wishing you the best of times in Canada.

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Josade69: 10:19pm On Sep 09, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

Attach and upload all financial statements including yours in the - Proof of Means of Financial Support Column.

Hello Frank, please I really need your help. I was rejected my Study visa twice this year, and I was to begin my studies last week. I have decided to put in a new application to the same program for fall 2020, and I wouldn't want to face rejection a third time. I have sent you a PM request, kindly take me under your wing.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Angelsl: 10:54pm On Sep 09, 2019
Please what do u mean running
Okusi:

The 2 were running

(1) (2) (3) ... (290) (291) (292) (293) (294) (295) (296) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.