Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,936 members, 7,817,739 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:19 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (316) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022826 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
gatsbym4:
Yeah I'm back
Sooo i was denied last month Aug 14, was supposed to resume Sept 3rd.
So i ordered gcms notes and just got it now.
My gurus can you please let's solve this together, I'll post the documents I submitted, the gcms notes.
Thanks in advance.
Mcobex, Frankrobben, justmellow,
Everybody sah.
I'm begging.
So here goes.

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FIELD
- ADMISSION LETTER
- RECEIPT OF DEPOSIT PAYMENT
- BSC CERTIFICATE 
- WAEC CERTIFICATE
- NYSC CERTIFICATE
- TRANSCRIPT
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE

CLIENT INFORMATION FIELD
- SOP
- POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
- LETTER OF LEAVE OF STUDY
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER ( OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR)
- LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM WORK
- RESUME
- EMPLOYMENT LETTER
- ID CARD
- PAY SLIP ( 3 months)
- GIFT DEED OF LAND
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE ( MUM, DAD AND TWO BROTHERS)
- LETTER FROM FATHER STATING HE WILL STILL BE OF ASSISTANCE IF I NEED ANYTHING MORE, ALSO STATING HIM HIS NEXT OF KIN TO HIS ( 12M) RSA ACCOUNT, AND STATING HE GIFTED ME A LAND.

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FIELD
UNCLE (Canadian)
- LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
- PAY SLIP
- TAX DOCUMENT
- PICTURES WITH UNCLE

AUNT (NIGERIAN)
- LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
- AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
- STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT  (40M)
- CAC DOCUMENTS
-PICTURES WITH AUNT
- AUNTS BIRTH CERTIFICATE

My school fees was about 2.5m, I paid deposit.

Now here is the gcms notes

I'll appreciate it if everyone can contribute.
And for my SOP, I thought it was BANGING, but I can send if anyone can help review, cos for my little time on this platform, that gcms notes shows my SOP was the problem. So I'll be grateful if anyone can check for me.
God bless y'all.

School: New Brunswick Community College
Course: Post graduate certificate ( Administrative professionals: Executive)
Bsc: Political science and international relations
Currently working as an administrative officer for about 2 years now.

Hello Gatsbym4,

Its sad to hear about the outcome of your application. In my personal assessment of the detailed information regards the submited documents, i can say its quite good and well arranged in securing a SP. But what i can't say is how the scrutinization by the VO was based on.

However, from the gcms notes, i can denote that irrespective of showing certain home ties that tends to be solid and actual proof, the VO might have scrutinize your application from an angle of not clearly demonstrating these ties and thus, the vague study plan. Also, connect all the dots about the relevant documents in your application and build a well explained reasons that will necessitiate your return with them. Let the documents tell or serves as an evidence to the narrated storyline.

The major area of focus that needs tackling is to show the strength already imbedded in the painted picture of your home ties. Do well to demonstrate it substantially and expatiate or provide further clarity for an easy convincing.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:00pm On Sep 18, 2019
george009:
A quick one guys;

Where am I supposed to take my father's declaration of sponsorship to;

a Notary lawyer or to high court?

Thanks for your response.

Both are recognized by the Canadian embassy. That of High Court will be less expensive compared to a notary public.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wizzywatever: 5:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
Sumji:
Try University of Calgary. I gained admission in a similar program without needing to contact a supervisor.

At this time though, their intakes would be for September 2020.

Hello, sumji I’m also trying to apply for MEng at ucal, please information from you would be highly needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:08pm On Sep 18, 2019
Benwems:
Thanks for the help you have been offering. Do you know any relatively cheap college or university for graduate certificate or graduate diploma without much admission protocols for a 2:2 electrical and electronics in Engineering graduate that's offering January 2020 admission ongoing at the moment. Prospective course of study software engineering/technician or electrical techincian/related field. Thanks.

Hello Benwens,

You can check Centennial college out, they don't have deadlines for most of their courses except the intake for that particular session is filled.

But if you intend to consider May 2020 intake, try:

1. Conestoga college
2. Seneca college
3. George Brown college
4. Georgian college

The all have Electrical/Electronics Technician/Technology and Power Energy Technician/Technology.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Austacus: 5:15pm On Sep 18, 2019
gatsbym4:
Yeah I'm back
Sooo i was denied last month Aug 14, was supposed to resume Sept 3rd.
So i ordered gcms notes and just got it now.
My gurus can you please let's solve this together, I'll post the documents I submitted, the gcms notes.
Thanks in advance.
Mcobex, Frankrobben, justmellow,
Everybody sah.
I'm begging.
So here goes.

LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FIELD
- ADMISSION LETTER
- RECEIPT OF DEPOSIT PAYMENT
- BSC CERTIFICATE 
- WAEC CERTIFICATE
- NYSC CERTIFICATE
- TRANSCRIPT
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE

CLIENT INFORMATION FIELD
- SOP
- POLICE CLEARANCE CERTIFICATE
- LETTER OF LEAVE OF STUDY
- RECOMMENDATION LETTER ( OFFICE OF THE GOVERNOR)
- LETTER OF INTRODUCTION FROM WORK
- RESUME
- EMPLOYMENT LETTER
- ID CARD
- PAY SLIP ( 3 months)
- GIFT DEED OF LAND
- BIRTH CERTIFICATE ( MUM, DAD AND TWO BROTHERS)
- LETTER FROM FATHER STATING HE WILL STILL BE OF ASSISTANCE IF I NEED ANYTHING MORE, ALSO STATING HIM HIS NEXT OF KIN TO HIS ( 12M) RSA ACCOUNT, AND STATING HE GIFTED ME A LAND.

PROOF OF MEANS OF FINANCIAL SUPPORT FIELD
UNCLE (Canadian)
- LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
- PAY SLIP
- TAX DOCUMENT
- PICTURES WITH UNCLE

AUNT (NIGERIAN)
- LETTER OF SPONSORSHIP
- AFFIDAVIT OF SUPPORT
- STATEMENT OF ACCOUNT  (40M)
- CAC DOCUMENTS
-PICTURES WITH AUNT
- AUNTS BIRTH CERTIFICATE

My school fees was about 2.5m, I paid deposit.

Now here is the gcms notes

I'll appreciate it if everyone can contribute.
And for my SOP, I thought it was BANGING, but I can send if anyone can help review, cos for my little time on this platform, that gcms notes shows my SOP was the problem. So I'll be grateful if anyone can check for me.
God bless y'all.

School: New Brunswick Community College
Course: Post graduate certificate ( Administrative professionals: Executive)
Bsc: Political science and international relations
Currently working as an administrative officer for about 2 years now.

Bro, the issue here is not SOP please (if you write another banging SOP as you said, with same documents, you’re likely to get the same result).

Work on your home tie and kindly follow what frank and justmellow said regarding to it.

From another point of view, There’s no issue on using more than 2 or 3 sponsorships
But none of your sponsors are directly related to you please work on that too cause it also boils down to home tie.

Bless up

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 5:36pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ruthiegal:
Hello everyone. Please I need advice. I intend relocating to Canada next year (I want to start applying this December) with my baby with a student visa. I studied law. (I am a lawyer)But right now I can’t afford to go for masters in law which is around 40,000 CAD. I plan on doing a post graduate course which I can use to work and apply for for work permit after it’s over. I need advice on the course I can apply for that will help me get a work permit and possibly lead to PR.

Hello Ruthiegal,

If you're interested in pursuing a course that can support your UG degree in Law, check:

Public Relations - Corporate Communications (1yr Graduate Certificate) in Seneca college.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sumji: 5:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
Ok. No worries bro, anytime. I'll try to respond, just ask the question.

wizzywatever:

Hello, sumji I’m also trying to apply for MEng at ucal, please information from you would be highly needed
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wynie(f): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Thank you frank I’ll definitely keep you posted as soon as the gcms note drops, you are far too kind
And I already got the new offer letter from my school. What schools would you recommend I look at regarding scholarships Incase Manitoba disappoints me
Frankrobbn1:

Sorry about the outcome of your application. Thanks for the compliments about me and best wishes. I really appreciate. God bless you too!

With regards to your present downhearted situation, I think you've done the right thing by ordering your GCMS notes in an effort to have a clearer insight about your VISA Rejection. September (fall) 2020 is not so far as you may view it at this time. Once you're able to secure a new Admission and also your scholarship, you can file for your study permit in time so you could be able to meet up for the accepted term.

Certainly, I will be glad to assist you in your next application and see that it works out perfectly and positively.

Keep the honourable house posted whenever the GCMS notes finally drops in your mailbox.

It shall end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2019
Blema111:

Masters of Law (LLM)

Awesome! Congratulations to you. I hope you get your PP dispatched to you soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 6:06pm On Sep 18, 2019
wynie:
Thank you frank I’ll definitely keep you posted as soon as the gcms note drops, you are far too kind
And I already got the new offer letter from my school. What schools would you recommend I look at regarding scholarships Incase Manitoba disappoints me

Thanks @wynie. Good to hear you're making huge progress in preparation for your next application. With regards to schools offering scholarship awards, you can check University Of Saskatchewan, University of Waterloo, Brock University, Simon Fraser University, and University of Ottawa.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wizzywatever: 6:31pm On Sep 18, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Teematu: 6:52pm On Sep 18, 2019
Evening everyone. Pls I just got a mail from Conestoga college informing me dt my program location has changed and hence a new admission letter offered. My question is, do I have to send CIC d new letter or it's not necessary since it's still d same course, same school and same intake. Thanks all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gatsbym4(m): 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
cuteesthy:
I think dat course is a certificate course nd note PGC recheck again cos me nd my frnd checked for dat same course in d sch website nd it's not among their graduate certificate programs

I'll check again...Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 7:56pm On Sep 18, 2019
Teematu:
Evening everyone. Pls I just got a mail from Conestoga college informing me dt my program location has changed and hence a new admission letter offered. My question is, do I have to send CIC d new letter or it's not necessary since it's still d same course, same school and same intake. Thanks all
The choice is yours, but I will advise you send it to CIC as that will also serve as a reminder to them to hasten up with your app

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 8:17pm On Sep 18, 2019
House abeg,does anyone have medical date wey e no dey use?? Pls help a sister. Thanks in advance!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by UBCcookies: 9:58pm On Sep 18, 2019
Good day all, please are there still July applicants in this house?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sherifatfunmila: 10:18pm On Sep 18, 2019
Yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Joshnerl: 11:37pm On Sep 18, 2019
Frankrobbn1:

You sound like an undergraduate Applicant.... If so, yes you can secure an admission with such result. Though, you would have to justify what you've been doing since you last left high school until now and why you want to further your studies in Canada given the high cost and difficulty of undertaking a foreign education as well as why you should be given the privilege (VISA) as an exceptional applicant to study in Canada etc.
Yes am applying for undergraduate so when do I justify intensions ( is it at visa level or admission process.. I look forward to hearing from u
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jidluk: 3:43am On Sep 19, 2019
Weldone good people, please my wife just got acceptance letter yesterday after being on waitlist for a 2 years Business Admin course @ Assiniboine community college. Resumption is January 2020. What steps should she take next. And please any one been to the school or applied there too could be of help. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Josonas: 4:31am On Sep 19, 2019
Good morning Nairalanders.
I am seeking for admission in Canada, I need someone with a vast knowledge to guide me on this.
MSC Civil Engineering.
Preferred Option: Structural/ Transportation Engineering
Class of degree: First Class
I was informed that English Proficiency test is not compulsory in Canada.
Pls I need suggestion on schools to choose and how to go about it.
Can I get full funding?
Thank you all for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 5:55am On Sep 19, 2019
Good morning house, so I got was refused visa just yesterday after applying less than a month ago. its really painful to say the least, been refused a few weeks later isn't an easy thing to take but I'M gearing to make sure I do way better next time. I'd really need the assistance of the gurus in the house to show me where I need to step up. here's my profile:

First time applicant (Self Sponsored)

Applied on AUG 31st

Biometrics done on September 3rd

BVL and refusal on September 18th

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

ALL CIC DOCS
-WAEC CERT.
-B.sc CERT.
-University transcript
-Admission letter from DLI(oil and gas engineering MUN)
-BIO-DATA page of Intl. passport
-SOP
-Resume
-Digital passport
-Birth cert.
-Employment Letter
-Payslip
-Police character

HOME TIES
-Father's Voters Card
-Mothers Birth cert. and National Identity Card
-Intl. passport of three of my sisters
-Gift of DEED of a house from my mother

FUNDING

-SOA (A little over 8 million)
-Pension funds acct (305k)
-Tuition deposit receipt of 2000CAD
-IWCF Cert.
-BOSIET CERT.

Reason for refusal
- I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in section 216(1)of the IRPR, based on your travel history

- I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in section 216(1)of the IRPR, based on your family ties in canada and in your country of residence

- I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in section 216(1)of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Please first of all how do I order for GCMS Notes? please gures your assistance is highly needed thanks. Frankrobbn1, Justmellow, Bracha, Austacus, mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by DBlessedofGod: 6:19am On Sep 19, 2019
Wow shocked
Less than 3 weeks these VOs are mean oooo

pete26:
Good morning house, so I got was refused visa just yesterday after applying less than a month ago. its really painful to say the least, been refused a few weeks later isn't an easy thing to take but I'M gearing to make sure I do way better next time. I'd really need the assistance of the gurus in the house to show me where I need to step up. here's my profile:

Applied on AUG 31st

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

ALL CIC DOCS
-WAEC CERT.
-B.sc CERT.
-University transcript
-SOP
-Resume
-Digital passport
-Birth cert.
-Employment Letter
-Payslip
-Police character

HOME TIES
-Father's Voters Card

FUNDING

-IWCF Cert.
-BOSIET CERT.

Reason for refusal
- I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in section 216(1)of the IRPR, based on your travel history

- I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in section 216(1)of the IRPR, based on your family ties in canada and in your country of residence

- I am not satisfied that you will leave canada at the end of your stay as stipulated in section 216(1)of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.

Please first of all how do I order for GCMS Notes? please gures your assistance is highly needed thanks. Frankrobbn1, Justmellow, Bracha, Austacus, mcobex
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by KrystalDesign: 7:15am On Sep 19, 2019
August applicants, please has anyone being sent a medical request mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Christycode: 7:37am On Sep 19, 2019
I'm an August applicant, I'm yet to receive one but I pray I do. Please August appliancants do update us when you receive yours.
KrystalDesign:
August applicants, please has anyone being sent a medical request mail?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nicerichard05: 7:48am On Sep 19, 2019
pete26:

Applied on AUG 31st

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED:

ALL CIC DOCS
-WAEC CERT.
-B.sc CERT.
-University transcript
-SOP
-Resume
-Digital passport
-Birth cert.
-Employment Letter
-Payslip
-Police character

HOME TIES
-Father's Voters Card

FUNDING

-IWCF Cert.
-BOSIET CERT.

Reason for refusal

Paper route or online. Sorry abt that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SetZ(m): 7:58am On Sep 19, 2019
Good morning FAM please a quick one I am about to submit my application am I to notarized all my documents or submit as it is
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pete26(m): 8:02am On Sep 19, 2019
nicerichard05:

Paper route or online. Sorry abt that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SetZ(m): 8:26am On Sep 19, 2019
Nellykuch:
House abeg,does anyone have medical date wey e no dey use?? Pls help a sister. Thanks in advance!

Qlife medical 30th of this month

(1) (2) (3) ... (313) (314) (315) (316) (317) (318) (319) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.