Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,014 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:28 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (351) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1023030 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jentry: 4:45pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hi guys, i graduated with 2:2[Economics] from the university. i am new here and i need help on best way to study in canada. i like to know if graduate diploma or graduate certificate will be my best option and do we have universities in canada that do accept GPA of 2.8 to go for masters degree in canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by shangodele974(m): 4:52pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hi guys, I want to know the cost of studying medical related courses in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by WalterC007: 5:25pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hello house, I applied for student visa since on the 27th of September and till now I haven't done my biometric.im really worried
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 5:55pm On Oct 07, 2019
Check below:

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/

jentry:
Hi guys, i graduated with 2:2[Economics] from the university. i am new here and i need help on best way to study in canada. i like to know if graduate diploma or graduate certificate will be my best option and do we have universities in canada that do accept GPA of 2.8 to go for masters degree in canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 5:57pm On Oct 07, 2019
It's open ended question could you redirect the question to your areaof interest.

shangodele974:
Hi guys, I want to know the cost of studying medical related courses in Canada
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 5:59pm On Oct 07, 2019
Check the below and don't hesitate if you need more info.

JustMellow:

Look towards applying for a Graduate Diploma/Certificate in a course related to the courses you mentioned.

Good luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 6:03pm On Oct 07, 2019
I suggest going for financial planning post graduate certificate program base on your grade.

Bankkydarry:

Good morning,I am new on this page and I want to apply for a Canadian masters degree program,I have a second class lower Bsc Accounting and I am ican certified.Kindly direct me on the steps to take to get this done,thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dguyindcorner(m): 7:18pm On Oct 07, 2019
Pls I need urgent reply to this. Is it compulsory to include SOP when submitting VISA application?
Because I could see a lot of people today in application office without SOP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by shangodele974(m): 8:42pm On Oct 07, 2019
Jephehe:
It's open ended question could you redirect the question to your areaof interest.

undergraduate medical education in university of Ottawa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Eukochio: 8:50pm On Oct 07, 2019
Good day everyone. I'm new to this platform and will really appreciate some advise on the Canadian student visa application process. I got admission to do a pgd and will like to start my visa application process. I will like some advise on how to package the application as I have two kids 4 and 5 years old who will be accompanying me. I'm not sure how much money should be in my account apart from the school fees and will it be necessary to show how they will be taken care off while I'm in school, that is will I have to arrange for child care first before applying? Any advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jkioya(m): 9:34pm On Oct 07, 2019
Good evening, pls I need help on securing masters admission in Germany...

My qualification is b.sc (ed).. business education
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 10:08pm On Oct 07, 2019
Yes, and include every possible money you think you will spend in Canada under others

foliat:
Thanks for your detailed response. I have paid the fees for first semester already do I deduct it from the funds available. I mean for example if I have 30000$ A’s bank balance, do I include the tuition of 8000$ I have already paid to make it 38000$ available funds?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
You will have to search for Germany thread sir, you will see many people in that line to guide you. This is Canada thread, though some may be of help.
Good luck
Jkioya:
Good evening, pls I need help on securing masters admission in Germany...

My qualification is b.sc (ed).. business education
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:10pm On Oct 07, 2019
foliat:
Thanks for your detailed response. I have paid the fees for first semester already do I deduct it from the funds available. I mean for example if I have 30000$ A’s bank balance, do I include the tuition of 8000$ I have already paid to make it 38000$ available funds?

Yes any tuition deposit made to the school falls under funds available for your stay and should be included.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 10:12pm On Oct 07, 2019
It’s compulsory
dguyindcorner:
Pls I need urgent reply to this. Is it compulsory to include SOP when submitting VISA application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
I’ll assume you submitted online, if you haven’t been called for medical, send mails and webforms to Nairobi office and explain in details.
WalterC007:
Hello house, I applied for student visa since on the 27th of September and till now I haven't done my biometric.im really worried

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:14pm On Oct 07, 2019
Jephehe:
Check the below and don't hesitate if you need more info.

A real alumnus doing what is expected of you! Well-done Bro!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 10:15pm On Oct 07, 2019
With your cgpa, to get a masters admission may be tasking, you can try pgd.
jentry:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:17pm On Oct 07, 2019
dguyindcorner:

Not compulsory but necessary to do so if you've any concerns that needs clarification in your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosiiNO: 10:22pm On Oct 07, 2019
Hi guys, is it compulsory to go for medicals without eating or it doesn't matter??

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:23pm On Oct 07, 2019
WalterC007:

Sorry to hear you're passing through this at the moment. My best suggestion is that you raise a CSE explaining your situation and the delayed biometrics Instructions letter (BIL) from their office.

CONTACT the Kenya (Nairobi) Immigration department via this email: nrobi-immigration@international.gc.ca

The subject of the mail should bear URGENT, along side the applicant's FULL NAME, UCI NUMBER, APPLICATION NUMBER AND DATE OF BIRTH.

Also send your enquiry via THE NAIROBI WEB FORM.

All the best

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
How many years is your program, the fund available for study here as you have stated is 30m

Desmondola2020:
Hello house.
I need help with my application. I posted few months ago about my visa refusal.
Reasons
1, travel history
2- purpose of visit
3-personal asset and financial status
4-family tiles.
So I ordered fro my GCSM file..below is the summary of the application

My first application docs were
My sponsors are my parents. Mom n dad fixed deposit over 120m and dad regular acc 11m
My own personal salary acc 7m. My dom acc $7k and fixed deposit 5m. I attached parents 3 company registration but I didn’t attach pay studs. I added my own company certificates too.
So I don’t know what they mean by insufficient funds.

So after reading the gcsm note.
I have made improvements on study plan
Presently. I’m not working for my parent again
I have a proper company with business accounts with inflow n outflow over 6-7m monthly outflow
My salary account bal now is like 7m (600k is my monthly salary that I pay myself as the CEO)
Business acc too is like 7m balance
I have business registration, invoices. Pay studs. Properties. I’m just 27yrs old btw
My tuition fee is $40k Cnd for MBA and I made a deposit of $20kcdn already. I have receipt.
My mom is going to be my sole sponsor now. Fixed account balance 20m.

I’m open to advice on how I can go about my new application. Clas starts January I have to apply this week. Thanks for your reply

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 10:24pm On Oct 07, 2019
tosiiNO:
Hi guys, is it compulsory to go for medicals without eating or it doesn't matter??

It's better off if you don't eat.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 10:30pm On Oct 07, 2019
The only person that can explain in details your situation in your sop is yourself, why not download some Sop format online for guidelines.
I’m sure the gurus in the house have enough sops to edit already, just give it your best, believe me, it’s not easy to proofread sop for people and no one can know you better more than yourself
Just saying though

Folausman01:
Hello I found this helpful. Please is there anyone who can help me go through my SOP personally before my application, I'm worried its not as detailed as you explain it should be here. Would also appreciate all the help and tips I can get
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosiiNO: 10:37pm On Oct 07, 2019
Thanks Frank
Frankrobbn1:

It's better off if you don't eat.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by WeirdKidinClass: 1:18am On Oct 08, 2019
T
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:43am On Oct 08, 2019
Desmondola2020:
Pls house I’m still waiting for response. Thanks

Sorry for late response. Your profile seems good but you didn't state how you tackled the "Purpose of visit" issue. What did you study in your UG level? That will determine if it tallies with your MBA program. But apart from that your app is solid(especially financially, personal asset and home-ties)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:49am On Oct 08, 2019
dguyindcorner:
SOP is only needed if you think you need to explain some certain things to the vo since you won't be invited for interview (they hardly invite for interview). So, look through your app and if you think there somethings that you feel the vo needs to know and it will improve your chances of getting TRV then write an SOP, but if not then no need.
NB: Many people have gotten their TRV without SOP, same goes to those that included one
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:00am On Oct 08, 2019
Eukochio:
Good day everyone. I'm new to this platform and will really appreciate some advise on the Canadian student visa application process. I got admission to do a pgd and will like to start my visa application process. I will like some advise on how to package the application as I have two kids 4 and 5 years old who will be accompanying me. I'm not sure how much money should be in my account apart from the school fees and will it be necessary to show how they will be taken care off while I'm in school, that is will I have to arrange for child care first before applying? Any advise will be highly appreciated. Thank you
You need at least 10,000CAD/ year for your living expenses and will need to provide additional funds for the number of people following you(I think around 4,000CAD / person.......check CIC website to confirm that just to be sure).
As for getting them enrolled in schools before applying, that would be great as it will show the vo you are well prepared. Try to contacts schools or daycare around your institution and let them know you will like to enroll your kids and hear what they have to say.
Another option is: Apply alone and use your kids as home-tie(especially if you have someone they can live with while you are gone), then apply for them once your application has been approved (you can do that while in Nigeria or in Canada).
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Desmondola2020: 5:43am On Oct 08, 2019
I studied

mcobex:
Sorry for late response. Your profile seems good but you didn't state how you tackled the "Purpose of visit" issue. What did you study in your UG level? That will determine if it tallies with your MBA program. But apart from that your app is solid(especially financially, personal asset and home-ties)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:19am On Oct 08, 2019
Desmondola2020:
Hello house.
I need help with my application. I posted few months ago about my visa refusal.
Reasons
1, travel history
2- purpose of visit
3-personal asset and financial status
4-family tiles.
So I ordered fro my GCSM file..below is the summary of the application

My first application docs were
My sponsors are my parents. Mom n dad fixed deposit over 120m and dad regular acc 11m
My own personal salary acc 7m. My dom acc $7k and fixed deposit 5m. I attached parents 3 company registration but I didn’t attach pay studs. I added my own company certificates too.
So I don’t know what they mean by insufficient funds.

So after reading the gcsm note.
I have made improvements on study plan
Presently. I’m not working for my parent again
I have a proper company with business accounts with inflow n outflow over 6-7m monthly outflow
My salary account bal now is like 7m (600k is my monthly salary that I pay myself as the CEO)
Business acc too is like 7m balance
I have business registration, invoices. Pay studs. Properties. I’m just 27yrs old btw
My tuition fee is $40k Cnd for MBA and I made a deposit of $20kcdn already. I have receipt.
My mom is going to be my sole sponsor now. Fixed account balance 20m.

I’m open to advice on how I can go about my new application. Clas starts January I have to apply this week. Thanks for your reply

Desmondola2020:
Pls house I’m still waiting for response. Thanks

I regret to hear your study visa was rejected.

- After careful review of your application, the GCMS Note and supporting documents presented by you. I deduced that you didn't adequately explain in a succinct and convincing way as possible in your SOP that you're well-established in Nigeria that your course of studies would be a reasonable expense, which prompted the vague and poorly documented study plan.

- You have also failed to convince the visa officer that your economic ties (registered business) far outweighs that of Canada.

- How were you able to explain your limited travel history? The aforementioned are vital criterions put forward by the visa officer that led to the refusal of your study permit.

Thus, Below are my advices for you in your next application with hope that the visa officer will consider your application to merit a study visa.

PURPOSE OF VISIT

First, I will suggest that you put more effort in constructing a persuasive and concise SOP/LOE that will demonstrate that you're a bona-fide applicant and would depart upon the completion of your studies.

The SOP should extensively and convincingly explain the lucrativeness and reasonableness of such program (MBA) in your home country considering it's exorbitant tuition fees. If it is financially rewarding back here in Nigeria that can offest the cost of the program in Canada. The range of opportunities the program in Canada will bring to you as a person. What you intend to achieve in a short-term and long-term basis. Since you claim to have a registered and functioning business, you should explain that this business is of utmost importance to you, and going to Canada is solely to advance your career prospects so you could expand your business into a global brand. Also state the difference you could make when you return to your country e.g you being a business consultant in the long-term by providing critical business solutions to multinational companies and government as well as using your business for creation of wide range of employment opportunities for teeming youths in your home country etc...

HOME TIES
Also attach proof of properties located in your country of residence preferably in your name(or parent's name that you're directly heir to). These assets could be land, house or a registered business etc..

Additionally, explain in your SOP that your immediate family members (aged parents, siblings, spouse and kids) is well off in Nigeria and aren't accompanying you to Canada. Go as far as mentioning the things you share in common with your siblings that would warrant your departure after duties.

If you have any financial obligations or moral responsibilities which falls on you as a leader in any of these organizations - military, community, church and family you should indicate that you will return home to continue active participation and attendance in meetings. Therefore, as a matter of urgency, it is expected of you to come back to Nigeria to occupy your position. (Following this, A letter from any of these bodies would help).

The above points are your unwavering commitments back home and for this reason when adequately explained in your SOP/LOE should be sufficient to satisfy the visa officer that your economic incentives of coming back to Nigeria far outweighs that of Canada as stipulated in your GCMS Note!

Travel history - is not a factual reason for a Canadian study visa refusal. Hence, you don't need to travel out from your home country before you can get your application approved. if you have not travelled before, you can simply explain to the Visa officer in your SOP that you don't like traveling or haven't thought of travelling abroad before. Hence, your reasons for wanting to travel abroad at this point in your life is to augment special worth to yourself and also because of how important this MBA program is to your career/business back home which would create lots of outstanding opportunities in your career and personal development etc........

I hope the above information sufficiently address the reason highlighted by the visa officer in your GCMS note, and will be able to guide you in attaining a successful reapplication.

20 Likes 4 Shares

(1) (2) (3) ... (348) (349) (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.