Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,992 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:23 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (353) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022989 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vhictor3(m): 3:41pm On Oct 08, 2019
I applied in june got refused late august had to defer my admission to Jan so i ordered my gcms notes and I want to apply again this week
JustMellow:

When did you apply and when were you refused?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 4:31pm On Oct 08, 2019
I will never ever ever ever ever have anything to do with Qlife. guys i got medical request for my kids ,they did 30/9 these men are yet to mail it to CIC. I called and they say there's no probs with the result but they take 3-10 working days to mail result!!!! Kids result? Something I paid 131kkkkkkkk? This is unheard of!!!! They should ask children practise oh!!!! Hmmmmmm.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ochibuogwu5: 7:53pm On Oct 08, 2019
JustMellow:

Yes, you will be needing a fresh print out statement.

Someone who submitted in August 29, 2019 and was refused approval on 18th September, 2019 does that person need to print another fresh bank statement to re-apply as at today October 8, 2019?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:05pm On Oct 08, 2019
If i am applying for Visa, whose statement of account would i submit? my own or my sponsor's own? because i don't have a job currently and the embassy workers will surely laugh at me if i submit my account statement.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 8:57pm On Oct 08, 2019
Thank you so much sir, I really appreciate your input on this. God bless.
JustMellow:

You can take with you or be in possession of liquid cash amounting from the least amount you can afford to $10k CAD. Also, don't forget to declare it or any thing you're in possession of.

You don't need to go with a printed BS and its not compulsory you be in liquid cash but its necessary just in case if emergency and other sorts.

However, you can transfer your LE into the account of a trusted family member and once you've gotten to maple land, upon opening an account, request them to immediately transfer the funds to your Canada account.

While traveling, you can just hold certain amount, let's say 2k CAD - 5k CAD and the rest can be transferred upon settling.

Hope this helps.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 8:58pm On Oct 08, 2019
I'm so sorry, wrong info. I copied and pasted the wrong thing from my notepad sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 8:59pm On Oct 08, 2019
Ok sir, I really appreciate, I now understand better. God bless
mcobex:
Carry some cash(for emergency and some other things you might need on landing ) and leave the rest in your account, a printed SOA will be enough (the immigration officer might not even ask for it). Make sure you inform your Nigeria bank that will be traveling so they can help you out on how to withdraw money outside Nigeria (I know of someone who had issue of using his MasterCard).
Also consider what @JustMellow said and see which will be more convenient for you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 9:03pm On Oct 08, 2019
Congratulations in advance, I love your courage, it will surely end in praise.
When I read the headline, and saw delay, I was a bit confused.
God is your strength. Amen
benque:
Guess who's coming to Canada

Got my approval, first time applicant

Time line:
Application online: 28th August
Biometrics request: 29th August
Biometrics done: 7th September
Medicals (upfront) passed: 9th September
BVL: 7th October
Delay: 8th October

Documents
All IMM docs
Sponsors' SOAs, cumulative 8.6m
Sponsors' letter of introduction from 2 banks
Sponsors' international passport(uncle) and National identity slip(mum)
Sponsors' local government certicate
Mum's marriage certificate
Police clearance
Birth certificate
Waec certificate
Degree certificate
Degree transcript
Nysc certificate
Acceptance letter from current and previous employers
SOA 950k

I'll request my GCMS and reapply shortly

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 9:09pm On Oct 08, 2019
Just like what @justmellow and @mcobex said,

Take some cash with you just for emergencies or food at your layover.
I do not think you need to take the whole of your living expenses. You can take an updated SOA to show the amount you have.

I was not asked anything like that at the POE though.
I had about $2k USD with me.

At the entrance of the passenger boarding bridge or tunnel, passengers were asked what there were doing in Canada. My response was study and she asked where and i replied and she said what am i studying and i told her, then she said welcome to Canada, and allowed me to pass.
At immigration, not much questions, and no question about cash.
Even the dude forgot to put work permit on my Study permit, he had to cancel the first one he made and redo it for me to include work permissions.

So take just little cash, and hold SOA.

mzjokky16:
Pls, if you know anything about this, kindly response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mudicua: 9:13pm On Oct 08, 2019
For a minute there I was about to scream Yayyy... grin
I will still scream yayyyy... Congratulations!! in advance.
I like your faith. Do not give up.
Take your time, and reapply....
Good luck.

benque:
Guess who's coming to Canada

Got my approval, first time applicant

Time line:
Application online: 28th August
Biometrics request: 29th August
Biometrics done: 7th September
Medicals (upfront) passed: 9th September
BVL: 7th October
Delay: 8th October

Documents
All IMM docs
Sponsors' SOAs, cumulative 8.6m
Sponsors' letter of introduction from 2 banks
Sponsors' international passport(uncle) and National identity slip(mum)
Sponsors' local government certicate
Mum's marriage certificate
Police clearance
Birth certificate
Waec certificate
Degree certificate
Degree transcript
Nysc certificate
Acceptance letter from current and previous employers
SOA 950k

I'll request my GCMS and reapply shortly

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Useful1: 9:50pm On Oct 08, 2019
Hello great people,
Success to everyone here striving legitimately for better future. God will help all of us in Jesus name amen.

Pls which is better, to choose a representative from Canadian immigration or to appoint a relative who's there to represent me concerning my application?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Useful1: 10:00pm On Oct 08, 2019
Desmondola2020:
Thanks a lot @frankrobbn1

I have drafted a detail new SoP but pls I still need someone to help me review it.

My new proposed application details is as follow
Business registration docs
My pay stub
My employment letter, introduction letter, company bank statement and goods invoices, my personal bank statements showing 700k salary inflow. . Landed properties in my name, ID card, my mom statement of account. Savings less than 1m,fixed deposit 20m. Her business registration , support letter, my tuition deposit of 19k. My cv, SOP
Pls what other documents should I attach Thanks a lot. I intend submitting my application on Thursday since class resumes January 6th

Frank, may your days be long. Love your passion to help others get things right regarding their application process. Remain blessed bro.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 10:21pm On Oct 08, 2019
So I was refused today. The opposite of excitement made me post rubbish. Lmao. These are my own refusal reasons. My application was processed in Ghana. Gurus please comment

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 10:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
Lol thanks. Back to the drawing board

Mudicua:
For a minute there I was about to scream Yayyy... grin
I will still scream yayyyy... Congratulations!! in advance.
I like your faith. Do not give up.
Take your time, and reapply....
Good luck.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 10:39pm On Oct 08, 2019
Please when requesting GCMS, the stuff refused to submit with my application number until I removed the "S" in front. Hope that's the normal procedure
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 10:40pm On Oct 08, 2019
benque:
So I was refused today. The opposite of excitement made me post rubbish. Lmao. These are my own refusal reasons. My application was processed in Ghana. Gurus please comment
my man from same propose uwin,
I'm sorry about the outcome of your application
just relax small, it is a delay not denial
I have some questions to ask you about your application tomorrow, just remain strong and be thinking of how to re-strategize
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ednut1(m): 10:49pm On Oct 08, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
Hello.

Since everyone is bagging rejections, should i still waste my time in applying to schools in Canada?

It seems USA visa is even easier to get these days compared to Canada. I have been going through this thread for some months and out of let's say 30 people, 28 gets rejection.
the refusal rate for nigerians is 82%. 1 in every 4 still gets it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 11:07pm On Oct 08, 2019
Thanks man, nor be denial at all. I just requested to defer BTW. I nor like that crunch time application. Hope I get may Sha. Visión 2020 lol

bennyg24:

my man from same propose uwin,
I'm sorry about the outcome of your application
just relax small, it is a delay not denial
I have some questions to ask you about your application tomorrow, just remain strong and be thinking of how to re-strategize

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:22pm On Oct 08, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:
If i am applying for Visa, whose statement of account would i submit? my own or my sponsor's own? because i don't have a job currently and the embassy workers will surely laugh at me if i submit my account statement.

Your sponsor Statement of Account is required here. Its not advisable to state that you're not gainfully employed as at the time of your application unless you're a fresh graduate then you can indicate NYSC or probably volunteering (non-paid) in an organization as your current job.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:23pm On Oct 08, 2019
JOEFLAMES123:
Sir Frank pls how can i message u privately sir, need ur guidance on my canandian visa processing sent u a mail don't know if u saw it sir, pls respond it is urgent sir

JOEFLAMES123:
@frankrobbn1 pls help a brother sent an email to u sir, pls respond.

JOEFLAMES123:
Good morning house,
Sir frankrobbn1 pls I need ur help and advice sir pls how can I contact u.....

Boss, how may I be of help to you Sir?. I just responded to your request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Toobie: 11:33pm On Oct 08, 2019
Anamekele:

It is called statement of purpose and research proposal

Who can help me to review or vet my Sop before i send it to my Supervisor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:37pm On Oct 08, 2019
Useful1:

Frank, may your days be long. Love your passion to help others get things right regarding their application process. Remain blessed bro.

Amen! Thank you Boss. I'm grateful Sir.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 11:45pm On Oct 08, 2019
benque:

Sorry about the outcome of your application. I will have to refer you to MY POST AS AT 2017 on this thread, where I adequately addressed the refusal grounds used against your application. Also CHECK OUT THIS POST (PART 9) .After going through these posts and feel unsatisfied, you may return here to ask questions of any kind, and I will do my best to provide answers to them.

It shall end in praises.

5 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:05am On Oct 09, 2019
benque:
Please when requesting GCMS, the stuff refused to submit with my application number until I removed the "S" in front. Hope that's the normal procedure

The "S" in front simplifies - (Study) VISA and should be included when ordering your GCMS note. From my correspondents and active participation in several Canadian Visa forums (both Temporary, Provincial Nomination Programs and Permanent Residency Visa applications), I noticed that there is a recent delay and an extension of 90days in receiving GCMS note due to high demand for it, applicants now have to wait for two-three months before getting their notes. Hence, if your resumption is for the winter, 2020 waiting for your GCMS note before reapplication isn't an ideal step to take. You're better off tackling the reasons raised, following the current generic GCMS note being used by the visa officers and include new documentations that would considerably demonstrate that your present situation has substantively changed. Unless, you're not for the winter term, then you've to wait for the note to arrive before reapplying.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Neephemy: 1:12am On Oct 09, 2019
Please is there anyone in Kitchener, Ontario who can help with securing an affordable accommodation. Tried kijiji and no response from all the listed apartments. You can please reach me on my email. aderibigbenifemi@gmail.com. Thank you �

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 3:44am On Oct 09, 2019
Greetings house, which bank should I go and pay for my visa fee ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jeanjohnny(m): 6:11am On Oct 09, 2019
ndubuisi1213:
Greetings house, which bank should I go and pay for my visa fee ?
Any bank of your choice. Use your debit card to process your transaction either online or at the visa App. Centre.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndubuisi1213(m): 7:50am On Oct 09, 2019
Jeanjohnny:

Any bank of your choice. Use your debit card to process your transaction either online or at the visa App. Centre.
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mzjokky16: 7:56am On Oct 09, 2019
Thank you so much, i appreciate
But I’ll be going with my sponsor’s SOA, will that be ok.

Mudicua:
Just like what @justmellow and @mcobex said,

Take some cash with you just for emergencies or food at your layover.
I do not think you need to take the whole of your living expenses. You can take an updated SOA to show the amount you have.

I was not asked anything like that at the POE though.
I had about $2k USD with me.

At the entrance of the passenger boarding bridge or tunnel, passengers were asked what there were doing in Canada. My response was study and she asked where and i replied and she said what am i studying and i told her, then she said welcome to Canada, and allowed me to pass.
At immigration, not much questions, and no question about cash.
Even the dude forgot to put work permit on my Study permit, he had to cancel the first one he made and redo it for me to include work permissions.

So take just little cash, and hold SOA.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by echelonfashion(m): 10:15am On Oct 09, 2019
Hello,

How do i prove to an VO that I will leave Canada after my studies.

Because I want to reapply soon!

Pls I need help with my SOP in reapplying.

Kayodesilas.ks@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:30am On Oct 09, 2019
ednut1:
the refusal rate for nigerians is 82%. 1 in every 4 still gets it

1 in every 5?

(1) (2) (3) ... (350) (351) (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.