Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,503 members, 7,819,826 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:38 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (355) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025217 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bimmy35: 12:09am On Oct 10, 2019
[quote author=obodooma post=82985688][/quote]

Wow that's great same school, I thought I will be alone but I wont with your application by God's grace.

Please lets try connect, your application will be successful by IJN. I have actually deferred to January intake, sure you will be ready by then.

This is really cool.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MCdrinkwater1(m): 1:21am On Oct 10, 2019
Pls I need someone to suggest a collage I will apply in Canada with an O-level certificate,,and can someone thwt dosent relate to me sponsor me with his bank details thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MCdrinkwater1(m): 1:24am On Oct 10, 2019
Pls I need someone to suggest a collage I will apply in Canada with an O-level certificate,,and can someone that dosent relate to me sponsor me with his bank details thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ehiremen2002: 3:52am On Oct 10, 2019
I got admission to study software engineering in UofR. I am planning to put in application for my visa coming week. But need tips and advice on how to put in a strong application.

I just rounded off my SSCE this year and also turn 17th in July. I am the only son of my mum - Dad is late couple of years ago. And my college was sponsor by my dad elder brother. He is retired but has 5million in a Fix deposit that can be said to be for my schooling.

I also have someone that promise to transfer 5k USD to his account that I can present. But I am skeptical on the best way to go about this.

I dont have any travel history
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by blackfarmer1510: 5:19am On Oct 10, 2019
Purplestorm:
Congrats, please what do you mean by you didn't submit up to 4 months statements and made bulk payment.

Sorry I haven't managed to check Nairaland for a while...its been tough. I didn't have up to 4 months statement so I gave them what I had. I transferred money from my company account to my personal account. even though the company was mine, I didn't provide any statement or documents for the company and didn't mention it in my LOE.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 5:25am On Oct 10, 2019
Oluwanifemi34:
Do I still need letter of sponsorship from my sister after she transfers the 7k to me from her account?
Do I need anything from bank too aside from my bank statement?
Thanks

Yes you need both, let her write a letter of support stating she is co-sponsoring you with $Bleep and she has showed commitment by paying the said amount to your account (state the date of the transaction). Also she should state the reason she is co-sponsoring you (you are her brother and she feels supporting your dream will not only help you but the entire family). Her SOA of account and that of company is also needed to show source(just to clear any doubt). Also, since she owns a business she should give you copies of the business registration and tax papers(if possible).... anything that relates to her business

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Oluwanifemi34: 6:34am On Oct 10, 2019
Thanks so much bro.
Getting a letter of introduction for myself from bank should state the nature of my work or what?

mcobex:
Yes you need both, let her write a letter of support stating she is co-sponsoring you with $Bleep and she has showed commitment by paying the said amount to your account (state the date of the transaction). Also she should state the reason she is co-sponsoring you (you are her brother and she feels supporting your dream will not only help you but the entire family). Her SOA of account and that of company is also needed to show source(just to clear any doubt). Also, since she owns a business she should give you copies of the business registration and tax papers(if possible).... anything that relates to her business
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 8:32am On Oct 10, 2019
Congratulations o

Bimmy35:
APPROVAL.

Am a silent reader and been following the thread for a long time.

First I really appreciate all the selfless guys for their invaluable contributions, they are never tired to assist people on the forum. God bless you all.

Got my approval on September 24 and passport pick up yesterday October 08.

Below is my timeline.

Application type: on-line

Application date : June 21

Bio-metric : June 24.

August 26: Sent web-form after 9 weeks without update.

Medical request: August 28

Medical Done (IOM Lagos) : September 05 ( Please always ensure you follow up with these guys if you notice your medical is not updated after 3 working days, they can be nightmare).

Medical passed: September 19

passport request and submission September 24.

Course: MBA- University of Canada West

Sponsors: My Mum and Sister.

For all TRV hopefuls please do not loose hope and continue pushing.

God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by benque: 8:34am On Oct 10, 2019
Google gcmsbuddy

Freshprince777:

Pls how did you request your Gcms notes?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Vesment: 9:36am On Oct 10, 2019
please which bank is the best for domiciliary account or is there anyway i can open Canadian bank account here and move my funds into it? access bank is fraustrating
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosinobikoya49: 9:44am On Oct 10, 2019
Good morning house I got a mail from the Nairobi visa office yesterday exactly one month I submitted my paper application that they got my biometrics does that mean the processing time will still take longer because I haven't been asked to go for medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cleanclean(m): 10:44am On Oct 10, 2019
Good morning guys.

I just discovered a careless mistake on the application I made on the 4th October with Vfs

My MSc studies starts 2nd January, 2020 and supposed to end by December, 2021(1 to 2 years as stated on the admission letter) but I just discovered I filled in December 2022 which is now 1 to 3 years.

Please, is it possible to correct this in my Application for study permit? If yes, how?

I really need our contribution on this ASAP.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 11:42am On Oct 10, 2019
cleanclean:
Good morning guys.

I just discovered a careless mistake on the application I made on the 4th October with Vfs

My MSc studies starts 2nd January, 2020 and supposed to end by December, 2021(1 to 2 years as stated on the admission letter) but I just discovered I filled in December 2022 which is now 1 to 3 years.

Please, is it possible to correct this in my Application for study permit? If yes, how?

Your admission letter will state otherwise. Made same mistake too on my form.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by spaggyy(m): 11:47am On Oct 10, 2019
tosinobikoya49:
Good morning house I got a mail from the Nairobi visa office yesterday exactly one month I submitted my paper application that they got my biometrics does that mean the processing time will still take longer because I haven't been asked to go for medical

It might take longer.... Estimated time is 9 weeks(it takes longer now).
They will take about 2 months to ask you to go for medical
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 12:55pm On Oct 10, 2019
spaggyy:

It might take longer.... Estimated time is 9 weeks(it takes longer now).
They will take about 2 months to ask you to go for medical
Mine is more than two months now and i have not received any medical request
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 1:20pm On Oct 10, 2019
tosinobikoya49:
Well, processing time is still 9 weeks except that IRCC is unpredictable. Sometimes they respond earlier, sometimes it takes month. But this also depends on the biometric letter you got.
Because I am thinking how come they are confirming your biometrics after one month. Maybe you have to check the letter again and be sure what it says. Is it confirming the period your biometric will be valid for?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 1:23pm On Oct 10, 2019
olajigaolamide:
Two months and no medical request? First be sure that it's up to 9 weeks. If so, wait for it to be more than 9 weeks, let's say maybe 10 weeks. Then you have to send them a message reminding them that you are yet to get your medical request and that your app is more than 9 weeks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by spaggyy(m): 2:30pm On Oct 10, 2019
olajigaolamide:

Trust me you are not alone on this, what i know is the longer the time the better your chances
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by echelonfashion(m): 4:27pm On Oct 10, 2019
Hello,

How do i prove to an VO that I will leave Canada after my studies.

Because I want to reapply soon!

Pls I need help with my SOP in reapplying.

Kayodesilas.ks@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jaylap: 4:50pm On Oct 10, 2019
Well I received BVL today after I went to do upfront medicals last week when I noticed my medical results is being reviewed without medicals when I applied. Instead of the medical results submitted to be updated to passed but it changed to I did not need medicals after the BVL dropped. Well I’m still waiting for the final decision. Nairobi guys are not smiling at all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Faustina7676: 5:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
MCdrinkwater1:
Pls I need someone to suggest a collage I will apply in Canada with an O-level certificate,,and can someone that dosent relate to me sponsor me with his bank details thanks
Hello, try the Ontario Colleges platform, there are so many schools which will accept olevel just look for one that fits your programme. Please note that you might have to pay for your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chukwuemekatehi(m): 6:14pm On Oct 10, 2019
I think you should send a webform to them explaining this
cleanclean:
Good morning guys.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Toheebbello: 6:39pm On Oct 10, 2019
Good Evening Guys,

I have two questions please:

1. For Online route, please I would like to know when the 9 weeks processing time starts to count for medical request to drop, is it after you submit your application or after you've done biometrics?

2. After I did my biometrics 3 days ago, I was sent a mail containing a link and a tracking number. Everytime I track the biometrics I did, it always pops up "No record found". Is there a reason for this or am I doing something wrong?

Gurus in the house, kindly help with trusted responses. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 6:50pm On Oct 10, 2019
Jaylap:
Well I received BVL today after I went to do upfront medicals last week when I noticed my medical results is being reviewed without medicals when I applied. Instead of the medical results submitted to be updated to passed but it changed to I did not need medicals after the BVL dropped. Well I’m still waiting for the final decision. Nairobi guys are not smiling at all.

Was your application processed in Nairobi? Check d bottom of your bvl you will see d office that processed your application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zisa: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
Please anyone here applied for manitoba univeristy, and i heard they don't accept any online test eg ielts. I need help pls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyukuwife: 7:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
Please help what can I did I logged into my online account as I was sent an email to check my account from cic. When I opened it said my account is locked and it cannot be recovered but I did not try to log into my account please what can I do @frank and all other experts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mandyknows: 8:05pm On Oct 10, 2019
Maybe this could help
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/helpcentre/answer.asp?qnum=1491&top=23

oyukuwife:
Please help what can I did I logged into my online account as I was sent an email to check my account from cic. When I opened it said my account is locked and it cannot be recovered but I did not try to log into my account please what can I do @frank and all other experts
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by orobs93(m): 8:21pm On Oct 10, 2019
Please how do I go about getting a Canadian driving license I have my Nigerian license but got expired last month
mcobex:
Since it is one year, you should act as the sponsor (since you paid 20k yourself) , while your sister act as co-sponsor then she needs to transfer the balance of CAD 7k into your personal account (for the balance of your tuition fee + flight or your living expenses).
NB: I saw your PM , but sorry I don't attend to PMs for now. Feel free to ask all questions here and I will try to attend to them if I am chanced, also it gives other people the opportunity to say what they know so we can all learn .
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 8:28pm On Oct 10, 2019
Bimmy35:
APPROVAL.

Am a silent reader and been following the thread for a long time.

First I really appreciate all the selfless guys for their invaluable contributions, they are never tired to assist people on the forum. God bless you all.

Got my approval on September 24 and passport pick up yesterday October 08.

Below is my timeline.

Application type: on-line

Application date : June 21

Bio-metric : June 24.

August 26: Sent web-form after 9 weeks without update.

Medical request: August 28

Medical Done (IOM Lagos) : September 05 ( Please always ensure you follow up with these guys if you notice your medical is not updated after 3 working days, they can be nightmare).

Medical passed: September 19

passport request and submission September 24.

Course: MBA- University of Canada West

Sponsors: My Mum and Sister.

For all TRV hopefuls please do not loose hope and continue pushing.

God bless.
Congrats! Did you get any scholarship from the school?

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (352) (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.