Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,865 members, 7,810,294 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 06:08 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (356) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018708 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mustapha02: 8:33pm On Oct 10, 2019
PUSSYBOY2:
Thanks @ OptimusPrime, I have a degree in Geography but I want to go for another undergraduate degree in Cyber securities. That what i luv most.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by deveid: 11:13pm On Oct 10, 2019
I have been asked to submit my passport, my passport expires Jun 2021 but the duration of my course is from September 2020 to September 2021.....Should I submit my passport like that knowing it expires Jun 2021.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 12:35am On Oct 11, 2019
When did you apply? Congratulations to you
deveid:
I have been asked to submit my passport, my passport expires Jun 2021 but the duration of my course is from September 2020 to September 2021.....Should I submit my passport like that knowing it expires Jun 2021.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 1:18am On Oct 11, 2019
Submit it like that you can renew ur passport within canada and extend ur visa and study permit without stress and sop.

deveid:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segzyndpep(m): 5:14am On Oct 11, 2019
mcobex:
So what will she eat or take care of herself after transferring the 6m to you?
Proof of funds is not just about showing big figures but about how you are able to distribute it accordingly.
Let's do it this way:
You have paid 20k already and have a balance of 5k to pay, so you need to provide 5k + 10k(living expenses for a year).
Let's say the 3m in your account covers your living expenses, so you need CAD 5k and flight fare+let's say CAD 2k) = CAD 7k
Let your sister transfer the naira equivalent of CAD 7k to you , that way she will still have some cash in her personal account for herself and other dependants.
I want to believe your program is for a year, but if it is not then let your sister act as the main sponsor and you as the co-sponsor. This way you don't have to show funds beyond the first year but your sister (the main sponsor) will have to show how she intend to pay for subsequent years+by showing how she makes her money......if she works then she needs to show proof and how much she gets paid for it, if she is into business she also needs to show proof).

I have the tuiton money for a year program,can i tell a colleage to transfer the livinf expense and the flight fare to me?will that work?also i have a company and a company account and the money is in there.whats your advice for me before i apply?thanks in advance sir
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sambotekk: 6:31am On Oct 11, 2019
Good day all.
Please I need the house advice.
My half brother(same mother but different father) is my sponsor, and I have his birth certificate to show the relationship.
He is giving me only his statement of account which has a balance of 8.3 million naira(opening balance-7.5 mill, total credit/ 185 mill, total debit 185.8 mill).

No other document apart from the SOA and affidavit of sponsorship.

My tuition for the 8months graduate cert. Prog. Is 16k5 Cad of which a tuition deposit of 2300Cad has been paid already.

Please is it advisable I use him as the sponsor?

PS- I have the agreement and survey plan of a land I bought for 2million naira in may

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by deveid: 6:33am On Oct 11, 2019
zamony:
When did you apply? Congratulations to you
I applied August

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 7:13am On Oct 11, 2019
Please good people what do I do I got refused September 30 paper route till date no message saying I should come and pick up my international passport please what do I do?

Secondly I am planing to reapply and I submitted my original police report and I don't have the photocopy, pls am I to get another one?

Pls I need reply
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChibuGP: 8:57am On Oct 11, 2019
Hello house, I want to begin my applications to colleges in canada for PGD, and it seems their PGD programs are for 1 year. If I get accepted and then apply for a 1 year visa, what are the chances of it getting approved..? I have this feeling that they approve those who are applying for more than 1year visa, than those who are applying for just 1year based on their study program. Please i need clarification on this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 10:06am On Oct 11, 2019
Wow congratulations to you bro, I am very happy for you... I apply August too but was refused,
well glory be to God almighty, which college did you apply for?
deveid:
I applied August
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zamony: 10:08am On Oct 11, 2019
Which college did you apply to?
sambotekk:
Good day all.
Please I need the house advice.
My half brother(same mother but different father) is my sponsor, and I have his birth certificate to show the relationship.
He is giving me only his statement of account which has a balance of 8.3 million naira(opening balance-7.5 mill, total credit/ 185 mill, total debit 185.8 mill).

No other document apart from the SOA and affidavit of sponsorship.

My tuition for the 8months graduate cert. Prog. Is 16k5 Cad of which a tuition deposit of 2300Cad has been paid already.

Please is it advisable I use him as the sponsor?

PS- I have the agreement and survey plan of a land I bought for 2million naira in may
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cocotini: 10:09am On Oct 11, 2019
Cocotini:
Hello everyone.i have been silently following.please help a sis out .i want to apply to study bút havê a 2yeār old. question is how easy will it be to cope with her and school if possible
Work too at thesame time in canada.does anyone know some oňe thãt has gońe downthăt path.also how şőòň oř easý iš it to get spouse open work peřmit.my intended coúrsė is msć environmental science or msc conservation biology

Please house respond to this .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Muslimity(m): 10:14am On Oct 11, 2019
Good morning All,

I am happy to be here among the movers and shakers of Canadian Student Visa thread to learn from you all and arm myself very well with adequate information before I give this life-changing endeavor the shot it rightly deserves.

Although I am not totally new in the struggle as I have been an outside observer of this thread and its like a couple of years ago. Nonetheless, I am now ready to actively learn from the "gurus" in the house with the hope that very soon my Canada dream will become a reality.

Thanks you!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 11:17am On Oct 11, 2019
1. From when u did ur biometrics..
2. It is showing "No records found" because u applied through the online route.. You will need to check on updates from ur Online protal and not through VFS website.. The Link works for peeps that applied through the paper route.. Peace
Toheebbello:
Good Evening Guys,

I have two questions please:

1. For Online route, please I would like to know when the 9 weeks processing time starts to count for medical request to drop, is it after you submit your application or after you've done biometrics?

2. After I did my biometrics 3 days ago, I was sent a mail containing a link and a tracking number. Everytime I track the biometrics I did, it always pops up "No record found". Is there a reason for this or am I doing something wrong?

Gurus in the house, kindly help with trusted responses. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Toheebbello: 12:12pm On Oct 11, 2019
makano:
1. From when u did ur biometrics..
2. It is showing "No records found" because u applied through the online route.. You will need to check on updates from ur Online protal and not through VFS website.. The Link works for peeps that applied through the paper route.. Peace

Thanks a lot for this response boss!

Please do online applications go to Nairobi office? Or what office do they go to for processing? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Useful1: 12:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
I have an ongoing Express entry visa application which is yet to be submitted. However, I just discovered a university within the Atlantic Region of Canada that offers the particular Masters program of my interest and also affordable to me. I would like to apply for study permit through the institution.

What should I do with the current application (yet to be submitted)?

Pls your response@
Frankrobbn1
Makano
Stevenson
Mcobex
Everyone here with the answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 1:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
Yes. 90% of study permit applications both Paper and Online all go to the Nairobi office.. I think the remaining 10% go to either Lagos or Accra.. Peace
Toheebbello:

Thanks a lot for this response boss!

Please do online applications go to Nairobi office? Or what office do they go to for processing? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 2:00pm On Oct 11, 2019
You can go ahead with ur study permit application as it is stated on the Canadian webiste that an applicant can have both EE and study permit running simultaneously, but the truth be told, if an VO sees that a student permit applicant also have an EE profile then that obviously signals a wrong impression to the VO that such applicnat does not have any intention of coming back to his home country, resulting toa refusal.. But like I said, u can go ahead with ur study permit application.. What did not work for one may work for you, goodluck.. Peace
Useful1:
I have an ongoing Express entry visa application which is yet to be submitted. However, I just discovered a university within the Atlantic Region of Canada that offers the particular Masters program of my interest and also affordable to me. I would like to apply for study permit through the institution.

What should I do with the current application (yet to be submitted)?

Pls your response@
Frankrobbn1
Makano
Stevenson
Mcobex
Everyone here with the answer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 2:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
Hello, what is the essence of posting ur picture here? Is it that you dont know how to post on nairaland or is it that you are a fashion designer advertising ur attire, if its the latter, then I assume Fashion designers have their own forum on nairaland, cos personally I see no reason for posting ur personal pix here, cos it does not in any way relate to this thread. Not that u even took it in Canada to show us around.. Please be guided.. Peace [quote author=mustapha02 post=83023470][/quote]

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sambotekk: 2:20pm On Oct 11, 2019
zamony:
Which college did you apply to?
Fanshawe College Operations Management

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Toheebbello: 2:57pm On Oct 11, 2019
Thank you!

makano:
Yes. 90% of study permit applications both Paper and Online all go to the Nairobi office.. I think the remaining 10% go to either Lagos or Accra.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 3:03pm On Oct 11, 2019
How many August Applicant has received any approval?. I applied since August and i have not received a medical request or any update yet.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by aroj05: 3:23pm On Oct 11, 2019
Cocotini:
Hello everyone.i have been silently following.please help a sis out .i want to apply to study bút havê a 2yeār old. question is how easy will it be to cope with her and school if possible
Work too at thesame time in canada.does anyone know some oňe thãt has gońe downthăt path.also how şőòň oř easý iš it to get spouse open work peřmit.my intended coúrsė is msć environmental science or msc conservation biology

Hmmm If u can come with your husband that would be the best thing so that he can work full time and earn better pay. Working as a student has restrictions like; just 20hrs a week resulting in lower pay, very stressful in relation to your studies, day care is very expensive except the province you are going has free day care offer, also erase d mindset of working as a student to pay your next semester sch fees u must have at least 1yr sch fees advisable the whole sch fees cos to save as a student is very hard u will have to deprive ursef of some essentials including food even at dat its very hard. Some pple will not tell u wat they going ooo. So prepare ur mind. The best bet is getting PR from naija b4 coming if u want to work and earn good pay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JOEFLAMES123: 3:53pm On Oct 11, 2019
Sir Frank I sent a picture to ur mail sir,
Frankrobbn1:

Boss, how may I be of help to you Sir?. I just responded to your request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by spaggyy(m): 3:56pm On Oct 11, 2019
olajigaolamide:
How many August Applicant has received any approval?. I applied since August and i have not received a medical request or any update yet.

July still pending
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 4:52pm On Oct 11, 2019
spaggyy:

July still pending
Wetin come dey sup
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bimmy35: 4:54pm On Oct 11, 2019
sashaa:

Congrats! Did you get any scholarship from the school?

Nope, no scholarship.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olajigaolamide: 4:55pm On Oct 11, 2019
olajigaolamide:
Wetin come dey sup

Wetin dey sup and why the delay?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by aroj05: 6:06pm On Oct 11, 2019
Bimmy35:

Nope, no scholarship.

Hope u have all your school fees available cos MBA in the sch is research based on all the courses and class attendance is compulsory (any student that misses 8 hrs lectures during the 2 yrs program will be reported to immigration) thereby making work and study difficult. But u can still work for 20 hrs per week but the pay can only cater for living expenses and not sch fees
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 6:25pm On Oct 11, 2019
I wonder oh, he is showing you the present photo before he will show you the canny photo so be patient with him

makano:
Hello, what is the essence of posting ur picture here? Is it that you dont know how to post on nairaland or is it that you are a fashion designer advertising ur attire, if its the latter, then I assume Fashion designers have their own forum on nairaland, cos personally I see no reason for posting ur personal pix here, cos it does not in any way relate to this thread. Not that u even took it in Canada to show us around.. Please be guided.. Peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sashaa(f): 6:34pm On Oct 11, 2019
aroj05:

Hope u have all your school fees available cos MBA in the sch is research based on all the courses and class attendance is compulsory (any student that misses 8 hrs lectures during the 2 yrs program will be reported to immigration) thereby making work and study difficult. But u can still work for 20 hrs per week but the pay can only cater for living expenses and not sch fees
Wow!
Do you anyone currently studying there?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by aroj05: 7:05pm On Oct 11, 2019
sashaa:
Wow! Do you anyone currently studying there?
Yes

(1) (2) (3) ... (353) (354) (355) (356) (357) (358) (359) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.