Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,763 members, 7,824,189 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:50 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (41) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1027117 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tvickie(f): 7:03pm On Jun 18, 2019
But I understand anyway. Thank you
Frankrobbn1:

It's the same thing since you didn't receive a medical request before the BVL, the application is at risk of being denied.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hadigun: 7:10pm On Jun 18, 2019
So no one is replying me...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 7:13pm On Jun 18, 2019
hadigun:
So no one is replying me...
What is your question boss?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tlontin(m): 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
author=hadigun post=79455801 So no one is replying me...
LINKING YOUR PAPER APPLICATION ONLINE

Steps to link your Study permit paper application online;

1) Go to this link
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/e-services/mycic.asp
2) Select: continue to Gckey
3)Select: Sign up on next page and create your username, password and security questions.
4)After creating my cic account, click link application to this account.
5)Then select category as Temporary residence and subcategory as Study permit and extension.
6)Then select Family name,given name and date of birth option.
7)Fill your family name(surname), given name and date of birth.
cool Next in applicant personal info fill passport information only and DONOT FILL CITY AND COUNTRY OF BIRTH.
9) Fill program start and end date as well as DLI number of the institution (found in offer letter)
10) Your application will be found and can be linked.
11) You can get real time updates on your paper application.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 7:17pm On Jun 18, 2019
hadigun:
Hello everyone, Please i submitted my application via paper route since May 22, I've been trying to link my application online, but it keeps saying no application found. Please help
I want to believe you are doing something wrong. Make sure the information u provide are correct like using correct alphabets and numbers. Date is yyyy/mm/dd.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimdaddy2822: 7:26pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello gurus
Am a Silent reader here and you guys are doing great work here... I submitted my app on May 06 online route and dz morning I got correspondence letter I think dz z bad sign
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bennyg24(m): 7:27pm On Jun 18, 2019
Good evening house, I intend submitting my application next month and I wish to do upfront medicals and submit once with the application, how do I go about the upfront medicals? please someone reply o, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samuelpluto: 7:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
slimdaddy2822:
Hello gurus
Am a Silent reader here and you guys are doing great work here... I submitted my app on May 06 online route and dz morning I got correspondence letter I think dz z bad sign
which kind of correspondence?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samuelpluto: 7:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
[quote author=bennyg24 post=79456263]Good evening house, I intend submitting my application next month and I wish to do upfront medicals and submit once with the application, how do I go about the upfront medicals? please someone reply o, thanks.[/quote
check online for the accredited clinics. people mostly use Qlife or IOM
u can jst google any
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chaniel: 7:34pm On Jun 18, 2019
Someone I know applied in early May, got his biometrics correspondence same May, Eligibility review started this June, after few days, he got a medical request. For those in similar situations, keep faith.

Anyone like me here on his or her second app, 21 May submission, background check started 22 May and no update again since then?

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimdaddy2822: 7:43pm On Jun 18, 2019
Samuelpluto:

which kind of correspondence?

Validity of biometric Information
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whynotme: 7:46pm On Jun 18, 2019
Chaniel:
Someone I know applied in early May, got his biometrics correspondence same May, Eligibility review started this June, after few days, he got a medical request. For those in similar situations, keep faith.

Anyone like me here on his or her second app, 21 May submission, background check started 22 May and no update again since then?

Did the person apply online. Cos sometimes people confuse biometrics correspondence with biometrics request letter. My 2 cents. If not, then its a confirmation that anything can happen.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chaniel: 7:48pm On Jun 18, 2019
Whynotme:

Did the person apply online. Cos sometimes people confuse biometrics correspondence with biometrics request letter. My 2 cents. If not, then its a confirmation that anything can happen.

Paper application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Whynotme: 7:51pm On Jun 18, 2019
Chaniel:

Paper application
Ok

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samuelpluto: 8:09pm On Jun 18, 2019
slimdaddy2822:

Validity of biometric Information

Hmmmmmnnnnnn, be hopeful. with the recent trend, nothing is certain and no prediction can be true.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segunbolawole: 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hi there, Hi everyone.. Been up and down this forum and Google as well... I'd appreciate if anyone can suggest schools I can apply to, graduated with a cgpa 2.3 of 5.0, most schools I've seen take a minimum of 2.4 converted to a 4.0 scale for PGD or ADip

Thanks in advance

mcobex:
Nice one bro, it is so so sad that everyone wants to travel to Canada but very few want to sacrifice their time to do personal research of where they want to visit. They expect others to do that for them that's why most agents are playing ludo with their applications

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by segunbolawole: 8:28pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hi there, Hi everyone.. Been up and down this forum and Google as well... I'd appreciate if anyone can suggest schools I can apply to, graduated with a cgpa 2.3 of 5.0, most schools I've seen take a minimum of 2.4 converted to a 4.0 scale for PGD or ADip

Thanks in advance
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimdaddy2822: 8:29pm On Jun 18, 2019
Samuelpluto:

Hmmmmmnnnnnn, be hopeful. with the recent trend, nothing is certain and no prediction can be true.

Hope never die��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 8:40pm On Jun 18, 2019
The trend since the beginning of the year has been if one gets one before medical request, the application would most likely be denied. But as I now see that a lot of applicants have received it in the same time frame, it could be a new trend.

One can never tell, one just has to watch and wait.

bukonlami:
Thanks @Bracha
Is it okay if one receives biometric validation letter before medical request.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 9:37pm On Jun 18, 2019
segunbolawole:

Thanks in advance
You might want to check post baccalaureate programs. They are technically advanced bsc programs and can help supplement your weak cgpa while preparing you for your chosen industry.

Notable mentions: Thompson Rivers university, cape Bretton University etc.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Juli22: 9:38pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello!

I'm quite new here and I have something really disturbing me about Canadian travels...

Here is the thing

I am a graduate. I studied Medical Laboratory Science as an undergraduate program here in Nigeria. I am currently working with an agency here in Nigeria and they got two admission offers for me
1. A Diploma program in Environmental Technician Field and Lab (2 years program)
2. Post Graduate Health Analytics (1year program)

On the course of asking questions to people around me, I decided to go for the 2years Diploma program. I already paid for the tuition

But in the course discussion with one of my friends , he said that since I have done an undergraduate program here in Nigeria that I would have gone for the PGD (1yr) why go for the Diploma 2yr.... I told him that it was because of the yrs inviolved.

So now I have contacted the agency to know how they can write the school to revoke my admission offer for the masters program and then write to the school that gave me the diploma course to know if they could give me a Graduate Diploma Course to replace the undergraduate diploma that I have already paid for. They also applied to another school for a PGD program as well.

Right now I'm waiting for 3 offer letters.

Please I need an advice....

Should I continue with the undergraduate Diploma course ?
If Yes what else can I do to increase my chances of getting my visa approved ?
Or should I wait to choose the school for PGD when the offer comes out

Please I need answers because I only have limited time to make decisions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 9:52pm On Jun 18, 2019
Chaniel:

Gbam!!!!!!!!!! This is what I wanted to know. Hopefully we will get more people to confirm same and register it as a new trend. Thanks for the info @Chaniel

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adelola94: 10:30pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello AyoPrudence,
Thanks for your reply, it really helped. I went to GTB to inform them about the transaction and the challenges have been facing with my bank. The account officer I met with requested for my letter of acceptance which I did, and he told me they should be able to perform the transaction without encountering problem. However, he suggested opening an account with them and transfer my money from other bank(UBA) to the GTB account, afterwards they can proceed with other attached documents entailing my academic certificates and the LOA itself for the transaction.
I hope I wouldn't get declined again with thesame issue of LOA and full admission letter. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tajmal: 10:33pm On Jun 18, 2019
Juli22:
Hello!

I'm quite new here and I have something really disturbing me about Canadian travels...

Here is the thing

I am a graduate. I studied Medical Laboratory Science as an undergraduate program here in Nigeria. I am currently working with an agency here in Nigeria and they got two admission offers for me
1. A Diploma program in Environmental Technician Field and Lab (2 years program)

On the course of asking questions to people around me, I decided to go for the 2years Diploma program. I already paid for the tuition

But in the course discussion with one of my friends , he said that since I have done an undergraduate program here in Nigeria that I would have gone for the PGD (1yr) why go for the Diploma 2yr.... I told him that it was because of the yrs inviolved.

So now I have contacted the agency to know how they can write the school to revoke my admission offer for the masters program and then write to the school that gave me the diploma course to know if they could give me a Graduate Diploma Course to replace the undergraduate diploma that I have already paid for. They also applied to another school for a PGD program as well.

I will advise you go for the second course due to the following reasons:
It is a logical study progression from your undergraduate studies.

It increases your chance of getting your visa application approved.

It makes it easy to write a convincing SOP for your visa application.

My opinion though
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adelola94: 10:34pm On Jun 18, 2019
Hello AyoPrudence,

Thanks for your reply, it really helped. I went to GTB to inform them about the transaction and the challenges have been facing with my bank. The account officer I met with requested for my letter of acceptance which I did, and he told me they should be able to perform the transaction without encountering problem. However, he suggested opening an account with them and transfer my money from other bank(UBA) to the GTB account, afterwards they can proceed with other attached documents entailing my academic certificates and the LOA itself for the transaction.
I hope I wouldn't get declined again with thesame issue of LOA and full admission letter. Thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:16pm On Jun 18, 2019
Juli22:
Hello!

Here is the thing

Reading through your post the only thing that rings in my head is Purpose of Visit!!!!. You don't seem to have a coherent study plam. Now for a start you need to evaluate your career objectives and seek a relevant program in your field. And make sure it is a post graduate program. Also if you came out with a solid cgpa then going for Masters will be a good choice.

Choosing the right program is one of the most important decisions, failure to clarify will lead to Purpose of visit denial and spook the VO to ticking Travel history denial if you haven't left the country before. Please take necessary actions.

P.s: The thing about health related programs is that they can easily be enrolled for in Nigeria so you need to choose a vibrant program and have solid reasons for choosing it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by wiselong: 11:45pm On Jun 18, 2019
Thank you, she is not married to another man, she just bear another surname from my Dad's name

makano:
1. Is ur mum married to another Man, If yes u need to get her marriage certificate of Her and ur Dad(The marriage certificate will show her bearing ur dad's surname and urs, u can also get a picture of both of them and also ur picture with both of them.. Others can chip in on this tho..

2. use Ilovepdf to merge ur bulk documents.. Do u mean compress tho.. Peace
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by abusmanlouis: 12:31am On Jun 19, 2019
Hello house, if you receive a biometric letter validation, just know that decision have already been taken on your application, either Approval or Refusal depending on your case. if you receive medical request, your approval is 90% but when your upfront medical is updated to passed your approval is 50/50 (my upfront medical was updated to passed all i got was refusal may 1st applicant). CIC is afraid of economy migrant all in the name of school. that was the mail i got from them this afternoon after mailed for wrongly judging my application.
gather your document and check where the fault is coming from. poor documentation of application can cause refusal

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Aisha77: 1:22am On Jun 19, 2019
abusmanlouis:
Hello house, if you receive a biometric letter validation, just know that decision have already been taken on your application, either Approval or Refusal depending on your case. if you receive medical request, your approval is 90% but when your upfront medical is updated to passed your approval is 50/50 (my upfront medical was updated to passed all i got was refusal may 1st applicant). CIC is afraid of economy migrant all in the name of school. that was the mail i got from them this afternoon after mailed for wrongly judging my application.
gather your document and check where the fault is coming from. poor documentation of application can cause refusal
I really don't get ur point. Are u saying CIC told u all of this in a mail or u came to a conclusion from their response. Please give us a clear view by sharing more details. Thank you

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ogunjinmipaul(m): 1:56am On Jun 19, 2019
You guys are really doing great in helping others I wish we applicants an approval soon
By the way us there any whatsApp group?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pkay28(f): 2:50am On Jun 19, 2019
mia21:
Hi, pls can I use dis same address if I'm applying from Abuja

Hello Mia, yes you can. This is the Nigerian address.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Pkay28(f): 3:09am On Jun 19, 2019
Juli22:
Hello!

Here is the thing

Go for the PGD. It increases your visa approval chance than the diploma.
It's also an advance program from what you studied in undergrad school and will go a long way in your SOP.
Goodluck!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (38) (39) (40) (41) (42) (43) (44) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.