Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,119 members, 7,814,925 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 11:39 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020824 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mrtush(m): 4:01pm On Dec 03, 2019
Greetings All,

I need your advice pls. I have been making research on colleges and universities that will accept my 3.01GPA in civil engineering.Im looking at 2 years project management program With co-op in diploma. I found two lambton college and Canadian college. Is there anyone here who got admission from either of this schools? Which one of this schools has higher chances of getting visa. I will appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 4:18pm On Dec 03, 2019
Check Fanshawe and Conestoga
Mrtush:
Greetings All,

I need your advice pls. I have been making research on colleges and universities that will accept my 3.01GPA in civil engineering.Im looking at 2 years project management program With co-op in diploma. I found two lambton college and Canadian college. Is there anyone here who got admission from either of this schools? Which one of this schools has higher chances of getting visa. I will appreciate your comments and suggestions. Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:25pm On Dec 03, 2019
Cherryola:
@ustMellow I mean am ND holder going for Bsc

There is a progression, but age and study gap (if any) might be use as scrutiny.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cherryola: 4:31pm On Dec 03, 2019
@Justmellow 28 year but my study gap is okay with employment history.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mrtush(m): 5:04pm On Dec 03, 2019
I have checked Fanshwan and conestoga both of them have higher fees it don't only have September intake as Jan applicants is already closed. Canadiancollege have an affordable fees for my program it's about 17k for two years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimmsyyetty: 6:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
waynee2baba:

The only reason for Canada study permit refusal is the feelings of the Visa Officer in charge of your application.

That's your own opinion! There are some refusals that could be avoided if only things were properly done well, and moreover, the video isn't different from what @JustWise @Qudkom and the rest have been saying. Would you just submit your application anyhow just because you don't know what feelings the VO will have towards your application? OURS IS TO DO WHAT'S BEST AND LEAVE THE REST TO GOD.

7 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Wola34: 6:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Wola34,

Contact your school and inform them about the situation, then seek for the possibility for a deferment in case you don't get the visa on time prior to the resumption date.

Also, send email of inquiry to IRCC and also use the webform.

Good luck
[quote author=JustMellow post=84589364
Thank you very much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 6:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
okpmoses:
Is there any university in Canada I can apply and pay school fees on arrival?

University of Manitoba

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JKilz: 7:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
Please who is going to Abuja this month from Ottawa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olamide319: 9:05pm On Dec 03, 2019
Good Day Everyone,
 So I applied for study permit by Oct 6
Got rejection Nov 1
Applied for Gcms notes Nov 4
Got my Gcms Notes by Dec 3
First Application reasons For refusal
1. family ties
2. Purpose of visit
3.current employment Situation
Documents submitted for my first application
1.bachelors degree 2018
2.Electrical Electronics Engineering
3.nysc certificate 2019
4.Letter of acceptance from my dli(lambton college)
5.Got admission to study embedded system engineering design (post graduate diploma)
6.one year school fees payment receipt paid by my sponsor
7.sponsor with closing balance of over 80,000 USD
8.offer letter for internship (April 2019)
9.documents showing relationship with my sponsor (cousin)
10.police clearance certificate
Attached is my gcms notes ....
please I want to reapply soon,please I need help to go about it. Thanks so much as you guys go through this.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 9:20pm On Dec 03, 2019
I'll like to think the problem is from your LOE.
The vo said your study plan is vague and poorly documented. You need to totally rework it. Introduce yourself, talk about the course you want to study, why you chose lambton, why you chose canada, conclude with why you will return home, justify why spending so much in canada will improve your job prospects back home. You have to explain with cold hard facts and make the story convincing.
Olamide319:
Good Day Everyone,
 So I applied for study permit by Oct 6
Got rejection Nov 1
Applied for Gcms notes Nov 4
Got my Gcms Notes by Dec 3
First Application reasons For refusal
1. family ties
2. Purpose of visit
3.current employment Situation
Documents submitted for my first application
1.bachelors degree 2018
2.Electrical Electronics Engineering
3.nysc certificate 2019
4.Letter of acceptance from my dli(lambton college)
5.Got admission to study embedded system engineering design (post graduate diploma)
6.one year school fees payment receipt paid by my sponsor
7.sponsor with closing balance of over 80,000 USD
8.offer letter for internship (April 2019)
9.documents showing relationship with my sponsor (cousin)
10.police clearance certificate
Attached is my gcms notes ....
please I want to reapply soon,please I need help to go about it. Thanks so much as you guys go through this.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ralfudoh(m): 9:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
My brother, if you like, explain your genealogy, from how you were conceived and destined to study that course, how the current Canadian pm was born to rule to how the school was set up to help you achieve your goals to how that course will change your generation, Bros study permit don cast for Nigerians, they are not issuing again. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
@frank If you like write letter of explanation to letter introduction to sound SOP. They will still deny. How many of the people you have advised to repackage and reapply that have gotten approval. My candid advice to fellow Nigerians, let's take a chill from study permit for now. If you like pay full year tuition, show all the millions, they are not giving. We have seen first class graduates been denied here. We have seen near perfect applications that are far better than mine, yet they come up with their generic refusal reasons. Some they just return the application without reason for denial. You have to mail them and then they will copy any r refusal letter on their screen and paste for you. Its ridiculous. Let's stop wasting our application fees.
Thanks.
You can argue with me sha. I have said my own
eightyeight:
I'll like to think the problem is from your LOE.
The vo said your study plan is vague and poorly documented. You need to totally rework it. Introduce yourself, talk about the course you want to study, why you chose lambton, why you chose canada, conclude with why you will return home, justify why spending so much in canada will improve your job prospects back home. You have to explain with cold hard facts and make the story convincing.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BlaqScarface(m): 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello BlaqScarface,

A PGD/C is more realistic. Also, endeavour to go for a course that is closely related to your previous studies.

Thanks for your response
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BlaqScarface(m): 9:42pm On Dec 03, 2019
Qudkom:

A Graduate Certificate program will be a good choice

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 9:43pm On Dec 03, 2019
ralfudoh:
My brother, if you like, explain your genealogy, from how you were conceived and destined to study that course, how the current Canadian pm was born to rule to how the school was set up to help you achieve your goals to how that course will change your generation, Bros study permit don cast for Nigerians, they are not issuing again. Let's stop deceiving ourselves.
@frank If you like write letter of explanation to letter introduction to sound SOP. They will still deny. How many of the people you have advised to repackage and reapply that have gotten approval. My candid advice to fellow Nigerians, let's take a chill from study permit for now. If you like pay full year tuition, show all the millions, they are not giving. We have seen first class graduates been denied here. We have seen near perfect applications that are far better than mine, yet they come up with their generic refusal reasons. Some they just return the application without reason for denial. You have to mail them and then they will copy any r refusal letter on their screen and paste for you. Its ridiculous. Let's stop wasting our application fees.
Thanks.

Agreed but people still get accepted too

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BlaqScarface(m): 9:44pm On Dec 03, 2019
ralfudoh:
Thanks.

Na wa ooh
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 9:45pm On Dec 03, 2019
ralfudoh:
Thanks.
Agreed but I know of someone who was re applied using an agent got his visa
Also know of someone denied twice third time got her visa
I also know of someone who left August
So guy it's God grace

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 9:53pm On Dec 03, 2019
Everyone to their own opinion. I believe in putting your best foot forward. When a VO says your study plan is vague and not well documented. That means you need to rework your your LOE
ENTIRELY. Most Canadian colleges are top colleges, most of them have top courses, most are well funded amd have great lecturers. We will need to make our LOE'S unique. A Vo reading 100 of LOE in a week will be tired of seeing the same format. [color=#006600][/color]
ralfudoh:
Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sammyfrance23: 10:22pm On Dec 03, 2019
Can someone please just post an Approval... So much discouragements on this platform

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bracha: 10:24pm On Dec 03, 2019
Hi,

Thanks for the compliment, if I can call it that. About sending me your SOP, I cannot promise that I will review it on time, as I am pretty busy right now. But, I will eventually make time for it, I just do not know when.

I hope you understand.

Sorry that I cannot be of more help to you.

Cheers.

tall4real:
Hello Bracha, I must say I gained a lot of insight from your professionally blunt critique of the SOP. I am just starting this journey as I
just gained admission to MCIT, Quebec. Kindly permit me to defer to you once I'm done with my SOP so that you can give it a once over. Thank you in anticipation.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by okpmoses: 10:33pm On Dec 03, 2019
ChidimmaP:

University of Manitoba
Thank you very much

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by banji001: 12:13am On Dec 04, 2019
Please who has any idea about good schools?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GasAndOilTheory(m): 12:48am On Dec 04, 2019
JKilz:
Please who is going to Abuja this month from Ottawa?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 1:08am On Dec 04, 2019
Frankrobbn1:
Justmellow, Naijaforeigner and Qudkom.... You guys are wonderful! I am indirectly picking/learning from your insightful posts wink. At same time, i truly appreciate the invaluable contributions you guys have been rendering on this platform. More power to your elbows my able men!

It will end in praises

God bless you Frank.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 1:16am On Dec 04, 2019
ralfudoh:
Thanks.

They still give TRV's everyday. I see new people coming in from Nigeria to London, ON. Although I must admit that there is an element of luck/grace to this Canada TRV.

All the best to all applicants.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 1:58am On Dec 04, 2019
Mooliku:
Hi,

Thanks for sharing your experience. I also arrived in Winnipeg in September. I tried bringing my wife on a visitor visa but application was refused twice. What is your advice?. We can talk if you can send me your mobile number.

Thanks and all the best in your exams

Apply for SOWP and she will get it. I know 3 people that applied for visiting visas for their spouses and were all denied until they applied for SOWP. One of them, a regular on this forum, arrived Toronto 2 weeks ago on SOWP.

Make sure you show transcripts from your school, tuition fee receipt, evidence of a suitable accommodation for her stay when she arrives and of course, a good SOA and so forth.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SetZ(m): 7:31am On Dec 04, 2019
Please I need an urgent solution to my problem
Frankly speaking I regret even applying to Canada I was warned against it due to their massive rejection for no reason whether or not your documents are fake or not

Now I just want my passport back what ever decision the make I don't care anymore there are better stress free country to Canada please how do I get my passport back

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oniwoski: 7:57am On Dec 04, 2019
Hi Mr Frank
Kindly treat as urgent!!!!

I was refused last week based on financial grounds only.....and was advices to re apply if I can show more finance for tuition..travel tickets and upkeep..can I apply immediately?... I am for winter Jan 2020 session...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by porchy(m): 8:34am On Dec 04, 2019
Good morning guys
I got my second refusal last week. I applied on the 29th of October

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(a) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the tuition fees for the course or
program of studies that you intend to pursue.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(b) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to maintain yourself and any family
members who are accompanying you during your proposed period of study.
• Pursuant to paragraph 220(c) of the IRPA, I am not satisfied that you have sufficient and
available financial resources, without working in Canada, to pay the cost of transporting yourself
and any family members who are accompanying you to and from Canada.

I was sponsored by my company and I submitted a SOA of almost 100M but I didn't submit my own statement of Account. Could this be the reason why I got refused or it's just that they still as foolish as they are lol. Even when I don't have any family member accompanying me ☺
I wish others waiting for their SP good luck. Keep hopes high and don't give up
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:50am On Dec 04, 2019
Ginaruby:

Sir Frank,
Please, how long does it take to get a reply from them?

Bro, you should expect a feedback with a verdict from them within 5-10 business days.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.