Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,660 members, 7,813,225 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 08:54 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (448) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020093 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:57pm On Dec 18, 2019
Godsfavor112:
Good Morning Gurus in the house!!
Have been a silent reader in the house for 1 year.
My study permit was refused 3months ago based on:

The VO wasn’t satisfied that I will depart back to my home country after my study based on

Family ties.
Purpose of visit
Employment situations.

I finished my NYSC March 2019 and I applied for study permit August 2019
Submitted reference letter from my PPA
Finished BSC 2016
NYSC 2018-2019
I did education course for my undergraduate and I applied for masters of education.
I submitted a letter of introduction for an employment which I started after my NYSC..
I paid 9kCAD for my first semesters school fees
Living expenses was transferred to my account by my brother in law and elder brother.
My elder brother is my main sponsor and I submitted his company account worth of 65million then.
My brother in law works with an international company and his SOA was 13million I submitted them.
While my own personal account was 2.7million

Please I want to reapply and I don’t know how to go about it.i am depressed because I spent a lot and so many things added to it.
@frank,justmellow and the rest.
I need your contributions I also want to post a success story on this thread which I believe I will by next year!! @frank you can inbox me your cell number for me to share some private infos with you as well
Thanks and God bless you all!!

Hello Godsfavor112,

Sorry for the delayed response. Please, share your timeline of documents submitted so people can advise you accordingly.

How did you demonstrate your home ties and how did you present substantive information regarding the VO's concerns in your study plan?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:18pm On Dec 18, 2019
passenger1984:

Mr Frank,

I must say you and the rest of the Gurus are selfless...I graduated with a cgpa of 3.5(agricultural Extension and rural development) i know it is classified as 2.1, even though I know no two applications are the same
but I don't intend on applying for a direct masters because the info I have gathered here so far indicates that it will be a tough task to gain admission into a direct masters with that cgpa, considering that my last two years cgp as an undergraduate is not any better, roughly (3.56).

Therefore,I am considering applying for admission to Fanshawe College(Agri-Business Management)a graduate certificate,It is quite a popular school here and I am hoping @Naijaforeigner will be of help too.. I hope the V.O won't feel I could have done better with that cgpa? Does this show progression? Would you advice I look for another post graduate diploma in a University,perhaps like Saskatchewan University? What are my chances of getting a study Visa? there are so many questions I would love to ask,but I must stop here.

I need everyones suggestions.

Merci

Hello Passenger1984,

The determination of a visa approval doesn't lie on whether its a college or university. The most important thing is to be able to prove to the VO that you are a genuine student. This can be achieved by being able to show that there is a career advancement or the program entails self-development.

However, to get a Master with your last two years GPA of 3.56 might be tedious given the competitiveness but not impossible to secure an admission which is coupled with other factors like:

1. The quality of your letter of intent
2. The quality of your refent(s) letters
3. Writing sample, publications etc
4. The quality of application received by the school for that intake
5. Ability to secure a supervisor
6. Your background to the course of study
7. etc.

Thus, if you intend to study in a university, applying to more schools for both Master or PGD/C would be the best idea depending on your pocket size. At it stands, you can easily secure admission in either college or university that offers a PGD/C.

To this end, you've made a good selection by choosing Fanshawe college.

Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eguoski: 2:42pm On Dec 18, 2019
I didn't receive that email but I am also expecting to hear from them. I re-applied since 13th November.
Lets be hopeful. It will end in praise.

Good morning everyone,

I received this email this morning from CIC. My application is 4 weeks today. I submitted on 18th of November, the processing time was 6 weeks then.

Please gurus in the house kindly advice me. This is my 2nd application. No upfront medical, school resume on 6th of January.

I checked the medical appointed available on qlife clinic, all the spaces were filled up till end of January.

Did anyone receive this same message?

Thanks.

We're still working on your application

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email.

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 2:44pm On Dec 18, 2019
Conestoga College Accepting Application for Sept 2020

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/programs
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 3:40pm On Dec 18, 2019
JustMellow:

College Certificate.

To your second question, you can use this format:

Tuition - the first semester fees
R & B - $10,000
Other - $3,000 or $4,000 (depending on your pocket size)
Total available funds - sum all together

God bless you chief. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IboBoyNuel(m): 4:32pm On Dec 18, 2019
JustMellow:

College Certificate.

To your second question, you can use this format:

Tuition - the first semester fees
R & B - $10,000
Other - $3,000 or $4,000 (depending on your pocket size)
Total available funds - sum all together

Please can i send you my sop for review?

Cc @Qudkom @Frankrobbn1
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 5:23pm On Dec 18, 2019
eguoski:
I didn't receive that email but I am also expecting to hear from them. I re-applied since 13th November.
Lets be hopeful. It will end in praise.

Good morning everyone,

I received this email this morning from CIC. My application is 4 weeks today. I submitted on 18th of November, the processing time was 6 weeks then.

Please gurus in the house kindly advice me. This is my 2nd application. No upfront medical, school resume on 6th of January.

I checked the medical appointed available on qlife clinic, all the spaces were filled up till end of January.

Did anyone receive this same message?

Thanks.

We're still working on your application

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email.

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

Ameen. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kennykentipsy: 6:08pm On Dec 18, 2019
Thanks
pjosh1:

Certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 7:21pm On Dec 18, 2019
@ Frankrobbn1 thank you for your various contributions on this forum, it has been helpful in drafting my SOP. May God bless you immensely. I will appreciate if you can assist me review my SOP. Kindly DM me your Email address. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=84981969]

@ Frankrobbn1 thank you for your various contributions on this forum, it has been helpful in drafting my SOP. May God bless you immensely. I will appreciate if you can assist me review my SOP. Kindly DM me your Email address. Thank you so much
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by boogie2910: 7:24pm On Dec 18, 2019
NwanyiOkpa:

Drop ur number
I have sent you a mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorholar1290: 7:35pm On Dec 18, 2019
Have been following Nairaland for years but this is my first time of asking a questions.........
I want to find something very important before continuing my student visa pursuit to Anderson college of Health, Business and Technology. 2012, I acquire B.TECH. in Urban and Regional planning and now am applying for a Diploma program in Business Administration to Anderson College of health, business and Tech.. I started my application on the 26 November 2019 and the whole processes came so fast that now I have to pay 25% ($2500) of the total school fees ($10000), then proceed for medicals ...Before I proceed, I want to find out if switching from an environmental related course to business management would affect chances of me securing a visa. I need advise on other factors such as ties and SOA ?? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 9:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
Please check well oh because the bold Institution does not qualify you for Post graduate work permit oh. Na village people you go call later oh oh see the pix. Check below link before you apply to any school.

I dey my house o.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html#wb-auto-25

victorholar1290:
Have been following Nairaland for years but this is my first time of asking a questions.........
I want to find something very important before continuing my student visa pursuit to Anderson college of Health, Business and Technology. 2012, I acquire B.TECH. in Urban and Regional planning and now am applying for a Diploma program in Business Administration to Anderson College of health, business and Tech.. I started my application on the 26 November 2019 and the whole processes came so fast that now I have to pay 25% ($2500) of the total school fees ($10000), then proceed for medicals ...Before I proceed, I want to find out if switching from an environmental related course to business management would affect chances of me securing a visa. I need advise on other factors such as ties and SOA ?? Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 9:55pm On Dec 18, 2019
Please I want to go for medical but no available slot until late Jan.

Is there anyone that have medical appointment that will be kind to give me.

Please kindly reach me on

luqman.ibrahim@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by passenger1984: 10:16pm On Dec 18, 2019
Naijaforeigner, RealTrump, Mroyato, JustMellow... Thank you all for the advice and suggestions. I will work towards them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 11:04pm On Dec 18, 2019
First, when did you apply?
Secondly, when did they call you for medicals?
Thirdly, when is your resumption?

AlFath:

luqman.ibrahim@yahoo.com

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NowisGod109(f): 11:10pm On Dec 18, 2019
Pls like how much should one have in the account to show as proof of funds at the embassy when applying for a student visa?
Thanks everyone

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 12:48am On Dec 19, 2019
victorholar1290:

Thank God you have not paid the deposit. DO NOT apply to that school. People should try and read the first page of this thread and at least go through CIC site to at least know the key things involved in this process.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Zoeeee: 7:42am On Dec 19, 2019
[quote author=Frankrobbn1 post=84981969]

@ Frankrobbn1 thank you for your various contributions on this forum, it has been helpful in drafting my SOP. May God bless you immensely. I will appreciate if you can assist me review my SOP. Kindly DM me your Email address. Thank you so much.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 8:10am On Dec 19, 2019
Glasses1:
First, when did you apply?
Secondly, when did they call you for medicals?
Thirdly, when is your resumption?

November 18

No calls yet

January 6
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by hamzat55: 8:41am On Dec 19, 2019
Hello house. Could anyone advice me on a university in Canada that offers quick admission for master's program.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 8:56am On Dec 19, 2019
Regina3:

Hi guys, been a silent reader here following all your advice, been a big source of encouragement & reference for me.
I got my approval yesterday.

First Application.
Applied online : June 22, 2019
Biometrics: June 26, 2019
Medical: July 17, 2019
Passed: July 20, 2019
Approval/Correspondence :August 1, 2019

Just want to say, I was really worried as all the documents I submitted for proof of financial ability were much and after managing to compress to 3.9MB, the documents didn't look to sharp, I thought that it would be an issue but I thank God, for favour. I will suggest if you are having same challenges as I did, you can use CamScanner on Android play store, I found out about it after submitting mine with poor resolutions.
Thanks.

Update:
Passport Request : August 5, 2019
Submitted: August 6, 2019
Passport return : August 16, 2019

Grateful! Wish you all success.

Please, looking for Nigerians in U of Regina, Saskatchewan.

Update:
I arrived on the 3rd Sept. From Abuja to Frankfurt to Calgary & then Regina.
Looking forward to having an amazing experience even though it's cold.

Thank you all.

Hey, Can we talk privately? Starting at U of R January. I sent a DM
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 9:09am On Dec 19, 2019
AlFath:

luqman.ibrahim@yahoo.com

Thanks

Have you checked at IOM Abuja?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by marshallian50(m): 9:32am On Dec 19, 2019
passenger1984:

Thank you for taking your time to write...This has been really helpful.

There about 5-8 Universities offering Masters admission pertaining to my course of study.I have researched about majority of them.

1.Brandon University:It offers masters admission into the department of ''Rural Development'',I searched their website, I couldn't get the Eligibility requirements,so I have mailed them regarding that...( I am not putting much efforts on this because I don't believe it will fly, telling the V.O I want to go to Canada just for the development of the rural areas,what economic value would that add to me in the real sense.

2.University of Saskatchewan:Offers ''Agricultural Economics'' (It would have been a perfect program for me but it requires a Supervisor) this is out of it.

3.Dalhousie university (master of Agriculture; Business and Social sciences).It requires a Supervisor too

4.University of Guelph (master of Food, agricultural and Resource Economics)
Requirements:minimum 70% (B-) average over the past two years in a four-year honours degree in Food,
Agriculture or Resource Economics (or
in a field of economics)...

I don't have the above qualifications too.

5.University of Alberta (Agricultural Economics/Rural Sociology and MSc
agricultural and Resource Economics) this needs a supervisor too, although this is what I saw on their website
"Please note that it is NOT necessary to identify a potential supervisor prior to applying for admission to graduate programs in the Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology"

Please how true is the above?after gaining admission,if I don't get a supervisor,what will be the outcome?

Local man is really tired.

Good morning brother. I'm also a recent graduate of agricultural economics, still serving though. I graduated with a 4.40cgp with about an av of 4.70 in my last two years of study. I'm looking to start this process in the coming year. I sent you a DM request, please respond.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by passenger1984: 9:48am On Dec 19, 2019
marshallian50:

Good morning brother. I'm also a recent graduate of agricultural economics, still serving though. I graduated with a 4.40cgp with about an av of 4.70 in my last two years of study. I'm looking to start this process in the coming year. I sent you a DM request, please respond.

I have responded,I am sorry for the delay.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 9:48am On Dec 19, 2019
Dbnagato:

Have you checked at IOM Abuja?

Yes. I called one of their staff and she said I should text my email to her that she will send the procedures to me. I'm still expecting their email.

Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dbnagato: 10:27am On Dec 19, 2019
AlFath:

Yes. I called one of their staff and she said I should text my email to her that she will send the procedures to me. I'm still expecting their email.

Thanks.

Just wait. You may get an earlier appointment there.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorholar1290: 10:28am On Dec 19, 2019
Kindly throw more light please as am putting all my interest to this school...I don't have any issues with work permit ban as I can finance myself and have enough in my account with good history. Am more concerned on how this affect my chances of securing a visa ....thanks
Naijaforeigner:

Thank God you have not paid the deposit. DO NOT apply to that school. People should try and read the first page of this thread and at least go through CIC site to at least know the key things involved in this process.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorholar1290: 10:31am On Dec 19, 2019
Naijaforeigner:

Kindly throw more light please as am putting all my interest to this school...I don't have any issues with work permit ban as I can finance myself and have enough in my account with good history. Am more concerned on how this affect my chances of securing a visa
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorholar1290: 10:35am On Dec 19, 2019
dekere:
Please check well oh because the bold Institution does not qualify you for Post graduate work permit oh. Na village people you go call later oh oh see the pix. Check below link before you apply to any school.

I dey my house o.

https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/services/study-canada/study-permit/prepare/designated-learning-institutions-list.html#wb-auto-25

Kindly throw more light please as am putting all my interest to this school...I don't have any issues with work permit ban as I can finance myself and have enough in my account with good history. Am more concerned on how this affect my chances of securing a visa

(1) (2) (3) ... (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.