Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,607 members, 7,812,998 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 02:54 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (449) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019868 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pjosh1(m): 11:20am On Dec 19, 2019
victorholar1290:

Kindly throw more light please as am putting all my interest to this school...I don't have any issues with work permit ban as I can finance myself and have enough in my account with good history. Am more concerned on how this affect my chances of securing a visa
I guess it means that you’ll have to come back to Nigeria immediately after your program. The school doesn’t qualify you for the pgwp which allows you stay back in in Canada and look for jobs after the completion of your program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 11:24am On Dec 19, 2019
Okay... just hang on.. anything can change before they call you for Medicals.. you might get an opening as it changes sometimes.

AlFath:

November 18

No calls yet

January 6
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 11:32am On Dec 19, 2019
Hello legends in the house.. is the image below normal since 22nd of Nov??... should I be worried?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:58am On Dec 19, 2019
victorholar1290:
Have been following Nairaland for years but this is my first time of asking a questions.........
I want to find something very important before continuing my student visa pursuit to Anderson college of Health, Business and Technology. 2012, I acquire B.TECH. in Urban and Regional planning and now am applying for a Diploma program in Business Administration to Anderson College of health, business and Tech.. I started my application on the 26 November 2019 and the whole processes came so fast that now I have to pay 25% ($2500) of the total school fees ($10000), then proceed for medicals ...Before I proceed, I want to find out if switching from an environmental related course to business management would affect chances of me securing a visa. I need advise on other factors such as ties and SOA ?? Thanks

Don't bother applying to this school if immigration is your principal aim. This DLI doesn't make you eligible for a PGWP which allows you to work and gain a Canadian Work Experience or can qualify you for a PR.

Its advisable to check out other DLI and go for a course related to either your previous studies or work experience. Also, your choice program should be an advancement to your previous.

Good luck!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:12pm On Dec 19, 2019
Glasses1:
Hello legends in the house.. is the image below normal since 22nd of Nov??... should I be worried?

Hello Glasses1,

Your application seems normal. You should not be worried.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 12:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
Glasses1:

I think this is normal. You don't need to worry, just relax your mind and be prayerful.

Please, which university?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 12:17pm On Dec 19, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Glasses1,

My oga in the house, please what about mine?

I received a message when my application is exactly 30days that they are still working on my application. School resumes by Jan 6, no medical yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:23pm On Dec 19, 2019
AlFath:

My oga in the house, please what about mine?

I received a message when my application is exactly 30days that they are still working on my application. School resumes by Jan 6, no medical yet.

Hello AlFath,

Oga is in Aso Villa. Has your eligibity review began? Has your application exceed the PT? Have you tried sending another email or CSE?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello AlFath,

Oga is in Aso Villa. Has your eligibity review began? Has your application exceed the PT? Have you tried sending another email or CSE?

Yes.

No, my application has not exceeded the PT. The PT was 6eeeks when I submitted.

I haven't send any.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 12:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
Can I use my uncle as a sponsor for my undergraduate studies please ?
JustMellow:

Hello AlFath,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:36pm On Dec 19, 2019
AlFath:

Yes.

No, my application has not exceeded the PT. The PT was 6eeeks when I submitted.

I haven't send any.

Thank you.

You can send another if the PT has exceeded. However, there is no harm sending a "reminder email" in regards to the "close date" of your resumption.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:39pm On Dec 19, 2019
Godiswonderful:
Can I use my uncle as a sponsor for my undergraduate studies please ?

Yes, you can but you will have to provide proof of relationship and demonstrate his financial capability/commitment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 12:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
JustMellow:

You can send another if the PT has exceeded. However, there is no harm sending a "reminder email" in regards to the "close date" of your resumption.

Okay. Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 12:59pm On Dec 19, 2019
Demonstrate his financial capabilities i guess you mean paying my fees / submitting his SOA and letter of sponsorship .....

How do you mean proof of relationship can you give me an example please ...

Lastly please the SOA should not be less than 6 months old if I’m correct ?
God bless you !!
JustMellow:

Yes, you can but you will have to provide proof of relationship and demonstrate his financial capability/commitment.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 1:13pm On Dec 19, 2019
Okay brother... much appreciated..

JustMellow:

Hello Glasses1,

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 1:14pm On Dec 19, 2019
Seneca College...

AlFath:

I think this is normal. You don't need to worry, just relax your mind and be prayerful.

Please, which university?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Cjleks: 1:22pm On Dec 19, 2019
itzjustine1:
A man from my village wants to help me and my friend to travel abroad and hustle... But he gave money to someone that made him to spend more than what he expected, later the travel went through but we're deported. and he's not willing to continue with it ... So I want to know if there is any country that will be more cheaper so that we can convince him to help us once more And am confused on which country I will travel to if he agrees.[color=#770077][/color]

Try Germany. It is tuition free. All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bastardson: 2:15pm On Dec 19, 2019
Cjleks:

Try Germany. It is tuition free. All the best.
Got deported. Hmmm to be honest, if it was one of the western countries you got deported from, your chances of getting a visa from any of the other western countries is extremely slim. Except you have a strong case sha or uv become extremely wealthy.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorholar1290: 2:36pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hello House, season greetings to you all....I just quit my application with Anderson college of biz n tech...please I need a school or schools in Canada I can apply to now before the end of the year for masters/ post degree programmes in environmental related courses that well guarantee a Work Permit and have my visa before May next year
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorholar1290: 2:40pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hello House, season greetings to you all....I just quit my application with Anderson college of biz n tech...please I need a school or schools in Canada I can apply to now before the end of the year for masters/ post degree programmes in environmental related courses that well guarantee a Work Permit and have my visa before May next year......A personal guide through will be much appreciated
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mayd16(m): 6:19pm On Dec 19, 2019
Good evening house, my name is david, i will like to start my process to study in canada, i have a degree in biochemistry and four years experience as an IT support staff, i want to study post graduate diploma in Computer systems and Networking. I am funding my self for the first semester fee but i am making my pastor my sponsor because he has money but Please i need help on what to do and how to go about picking the right choice of school and ties also
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oinegbedion: 6:47pm On Dec 19, 2019
Hello all,

I submitted my passport on the 22nd of November 2019 after being informed that my study permit has been approved. Up till 19th December 2019 I haven't received any feedback.

Does anyone know how long it takes before my passport is returned? Should I be worried?

Looking forward to your opinions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 9:33pm On Dec 19, 2019
Information is power. Learn from others mistakes. Read below link.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/12/19/niagara-college-settles-class-action-lawsuit-with-international-students.html

I come in peace

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eddyme(m): 10:43pm On Dec 19, 2019
can someone with just ND apply to this school for IT course, also The National Diploma is software engineering.
To add the person is about 31 and has some work experience form both IT field and marketing field.
Jephehe:
Its quite surprising that you're wasting fund. Let me know if anyone wish to apply to Conestoga College. I will tell you how to wave the Gpa whalah.

Confirm from Frank if you're Thomas

I come in Peace

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by micluv111: 11:02pm On Dec 19, 2019
oinegbedion:
Hello all,

I submitted my passport on the 22nd of November 2019 after being informed that my study permit has been approved. Up till 19th December 2019 I haven't received any feedback.

Does anyone know how long it takes before my passport is returned? Should I be worried?

Looking forward to your opinions.

Have you track your passport on vfs site?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Greatadams: 11:03pm On Dec 19, 2019
[quote author=justwise post=79136298][/quote]
Advise On How To Be To Apply For Both USA And CANADA Visa In Year 2020
So I have applied to schools in the USA(4 schools)and Canada (2 schools) gotten admission from one school in USA and one CANADA more admission to come from the USA cause I pretty much decided on the one I have gotten admission from in Canada so my issue now is how am able to apply for Canada visa and u.s visa in space of probably March to July cause resumption by September and be able to get a good chance of getting both I don’t wish visa will come first I don’t just want to put all my eggs in one basket cause am being advise to rest about the u.s and just apply for the Canada
P.s undergraduate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oinegbedion: 11:28pm On Dec 19, 2019
micluv111:

Have you track your passport on vfs site?

I am unable to track on VFS site as it doesn't show any record. I went to VFS on Monday and they said it's still with IRCC. Just wondering why it's taking so long when some people got their passport back in less than 2 weeks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oikotas44: 3:54am On Dec 20, 2019
JustMellow:

Hello Passenger1984,

The determination of a visa approval doesn't lie on whether its a college or university. The most important thing is to be able to prove to the VO that you are a genuine student. This can be achieved by being able to show that there is a career advancement or the program entails self-development.

However, to get a Master with your last two years GPA of 3.56 might be tedious given the competitiveness but not impossible to secure an admission which is coupled with other factors like:

1. The quality of your letter of intent
2. The quality of your refent(s) letters
3. Writing sample, publications etc
4. The quality of application received by the school for that intake
5. Ability to secure a supervisor
6. Your background to the course of study
7. etc.

Thus, if you intend to study in a university, applying to more schools for both Master or PGD/C would be the best idea depending on your pocket size. At it stands, you can easily secure admission in either college or university that offers a PGD/C.

To this end, you've made a good selection by choosing Fanshawe college.

Good luck

Hello
Please I really need assistance in the Canada Study procedure.
I have a 3.24GPA in Civil Engineering and I want to apply for Post Graduate in related course befoRe I can proceed for masters. I do not know how to go about it at all. Thanks for your prompt response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Thebody: 4:29am On Dec 20, 2019
Hello house, I have been a silent reader and I have been following the thread diligently. Please I just applied and got admission, to study diploma in business admin in Toronto. I am a 30 year old man, married with a kid. My highest qualification is SSCE which I wrote in 2008. I couldn't further because I lost my single parent mother in 2009 when I got admission to the university, I had to dropout and grow up fast to take care of my two siblings. Now the both of them are graduates and doing well. I want to return back to school but not in Nigeria. I have applied to several schools abroad for Bsc, but couldn't get admission because of my age and space between when I finished high school. I was very grateful I got this opportunity. Now I am at a crossroad on how to start my visa application. I will be my own sponsor, I have a SOA of about 6.2m, I own a my business which was registered this year. I have no travel history, please gurus what are my chances and how do I proceed from here. God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:01am On Dec 20, 2019
Thebody:
Hello house, I have been a silent reader and I have been following the thread diligently. Please I just applied and got admission, to study diploma in business admin in Toronto. I am a 30 year old man, married with a kid. My highest qualification is SSCE which I wrote in 2008. I couldn't further because I lost my single parent mother in 2009 when I got admission to the university, I had to dropout and grow up fast to take care of my two siblings. Now the both of them are graduates and doing well. I want to return back to school but not in Nigeria. I have applied to several schools abroad for Bsc, but couldn't get admission because of my age and space between when I finished high school. I was very grateful I got this opportunity. Now I am at a crossroad on how to start my visa application. I will be my own sponsor, I have a SOA of about 6.2m, I own a my business which was registered this year. I have no travel history, please gurus what are my chances and how do I proceed from here. God bless
It's never too late to try. Firstly, the program you applied for does it give you the platform to make a smooth transition to a Bsc program in Canada. There are certain foundation programs that give you the privilege of doing just that. I also believe if you come out straight and honest in your application you might just be lucky. The conditions are far from perfect but you still never know.

(1) (2) (3) ... (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) (451) (452) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.