Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,606 members, 7,812,987 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 01:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (447) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019849 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Meagainstenemy: 10:38pm On Dec 17, 2019
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pjosh1(m): 10:40pm On Dec 17, 2019
senoritzy:
I don't think u are right
I’m 100% sure. All colleges in Ontario after a post graduate program awards Ontario college graduate certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by passenger1984: 10:43pm On Dec 17, 2019
RealTrump:

I don't know much about Canada but if you don't apply for MSc and spread your chances in different schools... you will never know what lies ahead. If someone with a 3.56 is scared, what should someone with a 3.0 do?

My opinion is shaped from the fact that I don't believe in all these diploma thing

I appreciate your advice and I understand your concern,my final cgpa is 3.5, the 3.56 you stated is my cgp for my final two sessions in school (i.e 400 & 500 Level).I am trying to learn from people's experiences here and I have read things about applicants that we share similar undergraduate courses and they even had a higher CGPA but still struggled to get admission...Just as you have said,I don't know what lies ahead,I will expand my master's admission search then.
Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:45pm On Dec 17, 2019
boogie2910:

hi I'm applying to the same school can we connect for ideas?

Drop ur number
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by passenger1984: 10:48pm On Dec 17, 2019
senoritzy:
To be honest, it is even difficult for a 2.2 with cgpa of 3.1 to get admission for a PGC, l have been refused admission at Conestoga for 5 IT courses despite work experience, paid application fee of $100 twice, and the reasons for refusal is insufficient GPA, spreading your chances involve application fees as well,Let's be realistic.At the end of the struggle we will give thanks to God.

I swear bro,it is that application fee that is compelling me to do my research diligently,I don't want to waste money.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by efficiency123: 11:54pm On Dec 17, 2019
Dear UrsyBC,

Thank you for your response,

Permit me to ask other questions, Statement of account of June-Sept of which year did you submitted. Is it 2018 or 2019 ?

How many months did your application take from time of application till you got your approved passport back?

TKU

UrsyBC:
@Efficiency123

At the time of application, I submitted just a 4-months statement of account June-Sept and a reference letter from the bank. However, after my application was approved and passport requested, they specifically requested for a Statement covering Sept 2018 to Sept 2019, and that equals 1yr SOA. Note that my available balance in December appeared somewhere on the first page of the 1 yr statement. So at a glance, one could see my total credits n debits for a period of those 12 months as well as my available balance as at the time of printing the SOA.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mroyato(m): 12:13am On Dec 18, 2019
boogie2910:

bro can I send you a pm

Feel free.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 2:29am On Dec 18, 2019
IboBoyNuel:
Good evening house,

When filling the CIC application, i didn't find Graduate certificate as part of the options when filing for field of study. What i saw was

"College - certificate
College - diploma
College - applied degree"

Please what should i choose as my program is a graduate certificate program?

Secondly, what should i fill in the place asked "how much do you have for your stay in canada"?

Please i need help with this. Help

College certificate.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 2:38am On Dec 18, 2019
RealTrump:

I don't know much about Canada but if you don't apply for MSc and spread your chances in different schools... you will never know what lies ahead. If someone with a 3.56 is scared, what should someone with a 3.0 do?

My opinion is shaped from the fact that I don't believe in all these diploma thing

Why don’t you believe in diploma?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ijomobi(m): 5:59am On Dec 18, 2019
To those who have written their exams, is it possible to study for a month and have like 7.0 in all sections?
And please if anyone has hard copy of IELTS study materials and stays in Abuja or close by, I would be glad to come and get them from you.
thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 7:24am On Dec 18, 2019
Good morning everyone,

I received this email this morning from CIC. My application is 4 weeks today. I submitted on 18th of November, the processing time was 6 weeks then.

Please gurus in the house kindly advice me. This is my 2nd application. No upfront medical, school resume on 6th of January.

I checked the medical appointed available on qlife clinic, all the spaces were filled up till end of January.

Did anyone receive this same message?

Thanks.

We're still working on your application

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email.

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by peek(f): 7:28am On Dec 18, 2019
Congrats o. Happy for you. Pls when would you any body here recommend medical done? Can my Visa application start now, ( have been on May 2020 intake)?
Which is the best: paper application or online application?

UrsyBC:
U P D A T E !

My application was approved and passport requested on the 7th of November. I mailed it to them and an acknowledgement was received on the 14th. Since then, my passport has been under process at IRCC and program start date is just 3 weeks away.

I mailed the Nairobi office to express my concerns and sent a CSO to Lagos office but there was no response. A week later, I sent another mail and they responded on Tuesday, 10th Dec.

Can someone guess the response?

I was asked to provide through email, the statement of the account that i submitted, from Sept 2018 to Sept 2019. In order words, after approval and passport request, IRCC Lagos office requested for a one-year statement of the account that I submitted in my application. They asked me to submit before 12th, Dec.and instructed that the statement shows my name, number, available balance, debits and credits.

I went to the bank same day, printed and forwarded to them as instructed. An auto acknowledgement was received and yesterday, a final decision was dispatched in my favour.

It has ended in praises!

Special thanks to @frankrobbn1 for calming my nerves during this long wait.

To a brother found on this thread @bimmy35, you've been a source of encouragement. See you in two weeks!

To all hopefuls herein, do your best and hang in there. TRV must follow you.

It's not yet over until it's over. Don't just read this post. Digest it and reason the VOs intentions for the delay. Self sponsorship with multiple evidence of a meagre salary and unmatching closing balance was almost a red flag. I had explained the steady source of other funds which they likely doubted. With God, I was a step ahead and my one year statement vindicated me. No lump sum over the past one year and available balance increased substantially from what it was when I submitted my application.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by passenger1984: 7:32am On Dec 18, 2019
mroyato:

Just some heads up.

1. You actually can get a Masters placement with a 3.5 CGPA. Although it may be difficult, but I did get an admission with a CPGA within that range for a friend at Memorial.

2. Target programs and schools that do not mandate applicants to get a supervisor before being admitted. Supervisors always want students with 'excellent' grades so do not waste your time looking for research programs or programs that mandate supervisors.

3. Don't go for anything less than a Masters degree especially if you are going to apply for your study visa from Nigeria. Your chances will be very low although it is not impossible.

4. Do not under-estimate the power of your statement of interest or personal statement. Get a well written personal statement. It will do 30% of the job.

5. Get your professor(s) to write you some good recommendation. It works a lot.

I hope you find this piece of information useful.

Regards.

Thank you for taking your time to write...This has been really helpful.

There about 5-8 Universities offering Masters admission pertaining to my course of study.I have researched about majority of them.

1.Brandon University:It offers masters admission into the department of ''Rural Development'',I searched their website, I couldn't get the Eligibility requirements,so I have mailed them regarding that...( I am not putting much efforts on this because I don't believe it will fly, telling the V.O I want to go to Canada just for the development of the rural areas,what economic value would that add to me in the real sense.

2.University of Saskatchewan:Offers ''Agricultural Economics'' (It would have been a perfect program for me but it requires a Supervisor) this is out of it.

3.Dalhousie university (master of Agriculture; Business and Social sciences).It requires a Supervisor too

4.University of Guelph (master of Food, agricultural and Resource Economics)
Requirements:minimum 70% (B-) average over the past two years in a four-year honours degree in Food,
Agriculture or Resource Economics (or
in a field of economics)...

I don't have the above qualifications too.

5.University of Alberta (Agricultural Economics/Rural Sociology and MSc
agricultural and Resource Economics) this needs a supervisor too, although this is what I saw on their website
"Please note that it is NOT necessary to identify a potential supervisor prior to applying for admission to graduate programs in the Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology"

Please how true is the above?after gaining admission,if I don't get a supervisor,what will be the outcome?

Local man is really tired.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by passenger1984: 7:38am On Dec 18, 2019
passenger1984:

Mr Frank,

I must say you and the rest of the Gurus are selfless...I graduated with a cgpa of 3.5(agricultural Extension and rural development) i know it is classified as 2.1, even though I know no two applications are the same
but I don't intend on applying for a direct masters because the info I have gathered here so far indicates that it will be a tough task to gain admission into a direct masters with that cgpa, considering that my last two years cgp as an undergraduate is not any better, roughly (3.56).

Therefore,I am considering applying for admission to Fanshawe College(Agri-Business Management)a graduate certificate,It is quite a popular school here and I am hoping @Naijaforeigner will be of help too.. I hope the V.O won't feel I could have done better with that cgpa? Does this show progression? Would you advice I look for another post graduate diploma in a University,perhaps like Saskatchewan University? What are my chances of getting a study Visa? there are so many questions I would love to ask,but I must stop here.

I need everyones suggestions.

Merci

Naijaforeigner, Frankrobbn1, JustMellow...Your contributions on this will be appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Marshall008: 9:19am On Dec 18, 2019
Hello, house, please I need clarification on this: I'm filling a form online:

Financial Support at Dalhousie:
Indicate the expected source and amount of funds for your graduate studies.
Please describe how you expect to fund your graduate program.
(Applicants will not be considered without this information).
Visa students must provide proof of sponsorship, if applicable

Do I need to write full details, or I can just write "My program will be sponsored by my brother who is a manager blah blah blah.

or Like how did they want me to write this.

The available space to write this is limited

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Regina3(f): 9:56am On Dec 18, 2019
I have.

CodeBlooded:

Hi Regina,
Kindly reply your pm.

Thanks �
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Regina3(f): 9:58am On Dec 18, 2019
How far?

Evabanks:

congratulations!!! i am coming over to U of R in January
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Regina3(f): 9:59am On Dec 18, 2019
Hi,
Sure.

Micmay1:
I sent you an email, kindly confirm and respond.
Anyways I applied for MHRM at U of R, 2020 admission. Kindly guide me through, being a Senior Colleague. cheesy

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ChidimmaP: 10:00am On Dec 18, 2019
Please how long does it take to get final correspondence letter?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kennykentipsy: 10:29am On Dec 18, 2019
Hi everyone
I have a question under the part that says my level of study will be:
What should I select for graduate certificate program?
diploma or certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 10:51am On Dec 18, 2019
passenger1984:

Naijaforeigner, Frankrobbn1, JustMellow...Your contributions on this will be appreciated.

I am in full support of everything Mroyato told you. However, I must add that I personally beleive anyone can get visas be it for college or masters degree from Nigeria.

I will recommend two universities for your program.
First, University of Newfoundland. A Nairalander with a lower CGPA is doing his masters in a related program in Newfoundland.

Second, contact lecturers of University of Alberta and indicate you are interested in going for a taught or course based masters in your program of choice.

If you don’t get masters admission into any of those schools, don’t waste more money trying other schools. Just apply for post graduate diploma in a college or university.

I wish you all the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkings: 10:57am On Dec 18, 2019
Hey good morning
So I spoke to an agent randomly he told me to tackle travel history I should try and visit two or three schegen countries before applying...i don't know how it will affect positively

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by itzjustine1: 11:00am On Dec 18, 2019
A man from my village wants to help me and my friend to travel abroad and hustle... But he gave money to someone that made him to spend more than what he expected, later the travel went through but we're deported. and he's not willing to continue with it ... So I want to know if there is any country that will be more cheaper so that we can convince him to help us once more And am confused on which country I will travel to if he agrees.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:12am On Dec 18, 2019
Godsfavor112:
Good Morning Gurus in the house!!
Have been a silent reader in the house for 1 year.
My study permit was refused 3months ago based on:

The VO wasn’t satisfied that I will depart back to my home country after my study based on

Family ties.
Purpose of visit
Employment situations.

I finished my NYSC March 2019 and I applied for study permit August 2019
Submitted reference letter from my PPA
Finished BSC 2016
NYSC 2018-2019
I did education course for my undergraduate and I applied for masters of education.
I submitted a letter of introduction for an employment which I started after my NYSC..
I paid 9kCAD for my first semesters school fees
Living expenses was transferred to my account by my brother in law and elder brother.
My elder brother is my main sponsor and I submitted his company account worth of 65million then.
My brother in law works with an international company and his SOA was 13million I submitted them.
While my own personal account was 2.7million

Please I want to reapply and I don’t know how to go about it.i am depressed because I spent a lot and so many things added to it.
@frank,justmellow and the rest.
I need your contributions I also want to post a success story on this thread which I believe I will by next year!! @frank you can inbox me your cell number for me to share some private infos with you as well
Thanks and God bless you all!!

I Dont know the criteria that Canada uses to grant their visa sef.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by OnePunch: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2019
Hello, guys. Please I have a couple of questions.

I'm outside Nigeria, currently studying, and in a couple of months I'll be concluding my BSc. I have a question concerning funding/sponsorship. My mother will be my sponsor but we don't share the same surnames. Will this create confusion? I have a relative in (with a different surname) Canada who is willing to sponsor me. Would this be favorable? Also, is self-sponsorship possible if I'm currently unemployed?

Lastly, do I have to prove my ties in Nigeria? (Because I have no ties in Nigeria except for distant relatives.)

Thanks for your input. grin grin grin
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by RealTrump: 11:34am On Dec 18, 2019
passenger1984:

Thank you for taking your time to write...This has been really helpful.

There about 5-8 Universities offering Masters admission pertaining to my course of study.I have researched about majority of them.

1.Brandon University:It offers masters admission into the department of ''Rural Development'',I searched their website, I couldn't get the Eligibility requirements,so I have mailed them regarding that...( I am not putting much efforts on this because I don't believe it will fly, telling the V.O I want to go to Canada just for the development of the rural areas,what economic value would that add to me in the real sense.

2.University of Saskatchewan:Offers ''Agricultural Economics'' (It would have been a perfect program for me but it requires a Supervisor) this is out of it.

3.Dalhousie university (master of Agriculture; Business and Social sciences).It requires a Supervisor too

4.University of Guelph (master of Food, agricultural and Resource Economics)
Requirements:minimum 70% (B-) average over the past two years in a four-year honours degree in Food,
Agriculture or Resource Economics (or
in a field of economics)...

I don't have the above qualifications too.

5.University of Alberta (Agricultural Economics/Rural Sociology and MSc
agricultural and Resource Economics) this needs a supervisor too, although this is what I saw on their website
"Please note that it is NOT necessary to identify a potential supervisor prior to applying for admission to graduate programs in the Department of Resource Economics and Environmental Sociology"

Please how true is the above?after gaining admission,if I don't get a supervisor,what will be the outcome?

Local man is really tired.

U named 5 universities n u hv someone convinced yourself that you r not good enough for any of then, when indeed u r good for ALL of them.
1. Brandon university. If you can convince the school in your SOP n they give u admission. Trust me, you won't have a hard time convincing the Visa officers.

2. U of Sasks.- I don't know what you are checking bro. Their agriculture economics program requires Zero supervisor contact. Sweet screenshot

3. U of Dal.- yes, the tough guys. They won't even look your face without a supervisor. But...have u even tried to contact a supervisor? Somehow, u r convinced that u can't find a supervisor when u didn't even try.

4. U of Guelph. They need B- or 70Percent. Our A1 starts from 70. Their A1 starts from 90. Who told u your GPA is not good enough?

5. U of Alberta. These ones didn't even bother u. U can apply.

Check memorial university Newfoundland Boreal ecosystems and agricultural sciences. Just link their research to yours somehow. Your research interests won't always match perfectly.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 11:44am On Dec 18, 2019
Deported from where and why ?
itzjustine1:
A man from my village wants to help me and my friend to travel abroad and hustle... But he gave money to someone that made him to spend more than what he expected, later the travel went through but we're deported. and he's not willing to continue with it ... So I want to know if there is any country that will be more cheaper so that we can convince him to help us once more And am confused on which country I will travel to if he agrees.[color=#770077][/color]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Martinomi: 11:57am On Dec 18, 2019
Vesment:
please for those who travelled recently, how much did you buy cad or dollar at the airport?
Change as little as possible. Just change what you need urgently. You can get much better rates outside the airport
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kennykentipsy: 12:26pm On Dec 18, 2019
Hi
Please I need answer to this question asap cos I'm about submitting
I'm apply for a college graduate certificate what will be my level of study Diploma or certificate

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pjosh1(m): 12:36pm On Dec 18, 2019
kennykentipsy:
Hi
Please I need answer to this question asap cos I'm about submitting
I'm apply for a college graduate certificate what will be my level of study Diploma or certificate

Thanks
Certificate
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:47pm On Dec 18, 2019
IboBoyNuel:
Good evening house,

When filling the CIC application, i didn't find Graduate certificate as part of the options when filing for field of study. What i saw was

"College - certificate
College - diploma
College - applied degree"

Please what should i choose as my program is a graduate certificate program?

Secondly, what should i fill in the place asked "how much do you have for your stay in canada"?

Please i need help with this. Help

kennykentipsy:
Hi everyone
I have a question under the part that says my level of study will be:
What should I select for graduate certificate program?
diploma or certificate

College Certificate.

To your second question, you can use this format:

Tuition - the first semester fees
R & B - $10,000
Other - $3,000 or $4,000 (depending on your pocket size)
Total available funds - sum all together

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:49pm On Dec 18, 2019
Marshall008:
Hello, house, please I need clarification on this: I'm filling a form online:

Financial Support at Dalhousie:
Indicate the expected source and amount of funds for your graduate studies.
Please describe how you expect to fund your graduate program.
(Applicants will not be considered without this information).
Visa students must provide proof of sponsorship, if applicable

Do I need to write full details, or I can just write "My program will be sponsored by my brother who is a manager blah blah blah.

or Like how did they want me to write this.

The available space to write this is limited

Your sponsor's BS and if possible a sponsorship letter in brief would suffice.

(1) (2) (3) ... (444) (445) (446) (447) (448) (449) (450) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.