Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,722 members, 7,824,052 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (461) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1027000 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 5:42pm On Jan 03, 2020
Amen Oo... Seneca College, applied 22nd Nov too.. Sigh!

AlFath:

@Glasses1
It will surely end in praises.
Please where is your school?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shugaar: 5:58pm On Jan 03, 2020
Plsss is anyone applying this January for Canadian study visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MizTyna(f): 7:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello MizTyna,

The person gave you a right advise. The more schools you apply to the better the chances for a possible admission, especially for universities. Since you aim at college, you can apply to two schools if your CGPA is good.

To the bolded, I believe you meant to say "better chances for admission."

All the best.

I was wondering about the correlation too. I think that was about the US embassy now though. But I'll go ahead and apply to Seneca college and Lambton college

Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 7:57pm On Jan 03, 2020
AlFath:

@Glasses1
It will surely end in praises.
Please where is your school?

Mine is memorial university Newfoundland
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by jarulecole: 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2020
Thanks, some schools only take online reference so you need official institution email, paper own can be sorted out by printing and take to the school and sort that one out and post it yourself to the school.

JustMellow:

That's why there is a Faculty and a Department in every higher institution around the world. The reference letter doesn't necessarily have to come from the lecturer/professor that taught.

All that is needed is to walk to the (your) department and introduce yourself (endeavour to know your mat number and one or two names of the lecturer(s) who took some courses, name of the HOD during your set and be with some cash as per tradition to entail motivation to help). The department would surely assist you except maybe if your record isn't found.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 8:09pm On Jan 03, 2020
Piecoco:

Mine is memorial university Newfoundland

Okay. Mine is Mount Saint Vincent University, Nova Scotia.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 8:44pm On Jan 03, 2020
kristien4:
A fresh microbiology graduate wants to apply for an undergraduate degree in medicine or nursing in Canada. Will that raise a red flag in getting a visa/study permit?
Yes. A masters is more advisable.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 8:48pm On Jan 03, 2020
jteena:
Helo...i mailed a prospective supervisor in U of R and she requested for a short description of my research statement.
Please I need guidelines. Like how many lines should this SHORT description be. Thanks
I think half a page is okay. Go straight to the point, catch her attention early. Good luck.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shammak(m): 8:53pm On Jan 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Shammak,

I have gone through my previous post in response to your query and found I typed in a wrong word in the bracket. As corrected, its a work permit. Please, take note and sorry for any inconvenience.

However, a visit visa can as well suffice for applicants going for an internship, especially if its not a paid internship or voluntary and it could also depend on the eligibility of the applicant going for such program.

All the best.
Noted.

Thanks bro for your input

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by neverlosehope: 10:20pm On Jan 03, 2020
jarulecole:
Thanks, some schools only take online reference so you need official institution email, paper own can be sorted out by printing and take to the school and sort that one out and post it yourself to the school.

Incorrect response. The reference from supervisor carries so much weight in many universities. It can be a tie breaker in getting admission in so many situations. You need professor/lecturer who knows you very well and who can write about your academic, research and leadership qualities. Writing that you attended a department is a vague and inappropriate letter of reference.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by neverlosehope: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
Stevenssen:

I think half a page is okay. Go straight to the point, catch her attention early. Good luck.

Do you have a topic/area you are interested in working on? Send me a message and I can put you through on how to write the research plan. Thanks

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adurajoseph: 10:23pm On Jan 03, 2020
hello everyone,
I need some advice regarding advanced study (masters) in some fields (business analytics, informations systems, or project management). Because of my low GPA (2.5), I am about to resign my fate that I might not be able to get schools to accept me. I also heard of taking a post-graduate course. but I do not seem to find any program related to the ones that I would be interested in. Please does anyone have similar experiences or know someone that got out of this situation and how they did that?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by neverlosehope: 10:24pm On Jan 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Zoeeee,

I don't know who might be available or open to vet your letter for you, but you can as well ask here openly or check with Obehi44, Stevensen, Raufudolf etc

Good luck

Send it to me so that I can assist you. Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chaniel: 1:10am On Jan 04, 2020
Glasses1:
School resumes on Monday, no update whatsoever from CiC on study permit...

Please I need advice on what to do?...

Sent email to school to inform them, no response yet...

Anyone else applied Nov backwards and resuming Jan and has not heard anything from the immigration?

Hello Glasses1, same here, check your inbox please, I emailed you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Niyidaniel: 1:39am On Jan 04, 2020
Glasses1:

Anyone else applied Nov backwards and resuming Jan and has not heard anything from the immigration?
Same here I am just tired. They sent me to go and do medicals which I did on the 18th of december and since then nothing and my friend thaat we went together got his visa last week of december.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Thoyour: 2:51am On Jan 04, 2020
Please, I am trying to apply to University of Waterloo for Masters in Civil Eng, I keep seeing GRE test as a requirement. Anyone knows if its compulsory.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BRANDYAK: 8:03am On Jan 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello ItzChapel,

You can send IRCC a CSE or email yo inquire about your application. However, work permit can take a while to process and remember, all application ain't the same.

All the best.

Hello good morning, please I need your help am applying to university of Saskatchewan, I really need tips on acquiring funding, as am not very viable to pay fees and living expenses. I will appreciate any suggestions coming from everyone thanks for your understanding. Gurus please help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tanyan: 9:04am On Jan 04, 2020
Piecoco:

Same here, I applied 19th of November

Applied October 30th, did medicals 16th December, since then, no response, and School resumes January 6th, School is Cambrian College, sent a mail to the school, they haven’t replied. Anyone else applied to Cambrian?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ukpebor278(m): 9:23am On Jan 04, 2020
Hello house, please when will Canadian embassy resume back to work?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by drealsahmy(m): 9:52am On Jan 04, 2020
Good morning everyone, i need your help, i want to apply to colleges in Canada for September, i need help on list of colleges with low tuition rates and i am not taking any English test. Cause someone told me it's not required because English is my first language.
I am going for undergrad degree, computer science.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MouthOdor: 10:01am On Jan 04, 2020
Hi guys,

Is it true Canada might not be accepting Nigerians again, I was told by a friend. He later had to opt for Germany due to the rate of refusals
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 10:07am On Jan 04, 2020
At least they have asked you for medicals.. looks positive...
Is your medicals status 'passed'?
When did you submit the study permit application?

We are hopeful... it will end in praise. Cheers

Niyidaniel:

Same here I am just tired. They sent me to go and do medicals which I did on the 18th of december and since then nothing and my friend thaat we went together got his visa last week of december.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 10:08am On Jan 04, 2020
Hmmm... October in the building..
Was it upfront medicals or they requested for it?

I believe this coming week, we'll hear from them..

Tanyan:

Applied October 30th, did medicals 16th December, since then, no response, and School resumes January 6th, School is Cambrian College, sent a mail to the school, they haven’t replied. Anyone else applied to Cambrian?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 10:10am On Jan 04, 2020
I dont usually see anything in my inbox.. is it something personal that cant be shared here?

Chaniel:

Hello Glasses1, same here, check your inbox please, I emailed you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ukpebor278(m): 10:38am On Jan 04, 2020
Ukpebor278:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ukpebor278(m): 10:41am On Jan 04, 2020
Ukpebor278:
Please those anyone know when Canadian embassy will be resuming back to work, after the Xmas/new year break
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:54am On Jan 04, 2020
Glasses1:

Hello Glasses1,

You should consider deferring you admission to the next possible intake. Also, send a CSE or email to IRCC regarding the situation.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 10:57am On Jan 04, 2020
tosiiNO:
Hi guys is it possible for someone with a B.Sc degree to study a graduate certificate program in Human resources management. Won't it pose as a red flag to the visa officer?

Hello TosiiNO,

It won't be a problem going for a GC after a B.sc. But note that its best you go for a course that correlates with your previous studies or work experience. If you have to switch field, have a plan and convincing reasons.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maxwelldexter: 11:00am On Jan 04, 2020
Shugaar:
Plsss is anyone applying this January for Canadian study visa?
yes
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 11:04am On Jan 04, 2020
Thanks bro... seems we the hopefuls are much so I'll just wait and see how this week plays out..

Please help with the meaning of CSE and direct email of IRCC.

Mercí...

JustMellow:

Hello Glasses1,

You should consider deferring you admission to the next possible intake. Also, send a CSE or email to IRCC regarding the situation.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:05am On Jan 04, 2020
Markab:
Good morning fam. Can anyone please advise what the timeline for VFS Courier delivery as against picking up the passport in person. Departure date is Jan 24 and got PPR today, exactly 3 weeks from this day. If memory serves me right, timeline for passport submission to collection used to be 2 weeks on average but I learnt people are now experiencing delays with VFS. Any helpful tips would be appreciated. Thank you

Hello Markab,

At this moment, you have to be patient and calm. Your case may be different from others and you may have your PP sent back to you in no time. If your financial documents are staightforward with no discrepancies, the secondary verification may go very fast even within the 2wks marks.

However, if the worst comes to play, you can easily defer your admission to the next possible intake which gives you ample time to prepare for your trip.

BTW do well to share your application and submitted documents timeline

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by maxwelldexter: 11:07am On Jan 04, 2020
MouthOdor:
Hi guys,

Is it true Canada might not be accepting Nigerians again, I was told by a friend. He later had to opt for Germany due to the rate of refusals
yes u r right bro, am thinking of doing same

(1) (2) (3) ... (458) (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.