Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,283 members, 7,811,835 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (462) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019322 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:14am On Jan 04, 2020
Ifakiland:

Hi what's sup, please can one use ECA from WES in place of university sending transcript to mun??
Or can one ask Wes to forward transcript to MUN??

Hello Ifakiland,

It will be better to get WES to forward your transcript to MUN.

BTW you can also apply to MUN without evaluating your credentials from WES.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:22am On Jan 04, 2020
jteena:
Helo...i mailed a prospective supervisor in U of R and she requested for a short description of my research statement.
Please I need guidelines. Like how many lines should this SHORT description be. Thanks

Hello Jteena,

This is a general guide in writing an academic statement which is equally right towards writing for a specific supervisor.

It should be a brief statement (at least 1 page or 500 words or check the page of your prospect department to see the word limit). The following should be well outlined and it must be tandem to the academic or research area of at least one of the faculty members.

1. Your specific current academic interests (go through the supervisor's page, blog, publications etc to make you points)

2. Your intentions with regard to studies in a particular field of concentration.

3. Talk about how and why you think the program is suited to your own special academic or research interests.

4. Why the school etc

N.B: Its best you check your department page to see what they expect or require you to put in writing so you don't go contrary against it.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SandCastle: 11:34am On Jan 04, 2020
Anyone going to cape breton university this May?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:36am On Jan 04, 2020
kristien4:
A fresh microbiology graduate wants to apply for an undergraduate degree in medicine or nursing in Canada. Will that raise a red flag in getting a visa/study permit?

Hello kristien4,

It may or may not, but depending on how you present your storyline or package your application. As heads up:

1. Don't declare your first degree

2. Do well to justify your (any) study gap especially if your age is far gone.

3. It would help your application if your have awards, have done a certificate program or engaged in voluntary services in your prosposed field (if applicable).

4. A good study plan to explain relevant information about your study intentions and goals.

5. Securing an admission in Medicine won't be easy. You should rather focus more on Nursing or other health related courses like Toxicology etc.

N.B: a Masters or PGD/C is best suited...

All the best.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tanyan: 11:41am On Jan 04, 2020
[quote author=Glasses1 post=85487996]Hmmm... October in the building..
Was it upfront medicals or they requested for it?

I believe this coming week, we'll hear from them..

They requested for it. Yeah, hopefully this week.
If otherwise, I’ll defer to the the next session.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:56am On Jan 04, 2020
jarulecole:
Thanks, some schools only take online reference so you need official institution email, paper own can be sorted out by printing and take to the school and sort that one out and post it yourself to the school.

Hello Jarulecole,

You are still not getting the point. If after you've approached the Department and has agreed to assist you, you would be automatically assigned to a lecturer who will send a reference letter on your behalf with the institutional email. Your academic or research ability can be determined by the lecturer through your transcript or academic records with the Department.

neverlosehope:

Incorrect response. The reference from supervisor carries so much weight in many universities. It can be a tie breaker in getting admission in so many situations. You need professor/lecturer who knows you very well and who can write about your academic, research and leadership qualities. Writing that you attended a department is a vague and inappropriate letter of reference.

Hello Neverlosehope,

In some cases where certain situations proves difficult, other means would improvise. Most times, in the absence of a said familiar lecturer/professors who taught a student, a reference letter can still be well drafted to quantitate the student's academic and research ability (not necessarily the student's aptitude) by another lecturer/professor that would be assigned by the Department using the student's transcript or academic records in the Department's archive to re-assess the student.

So, there is nothing like vague and inappropriate.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:00pm On Jan 04, 2020
adurajoseph:
hello everyone,
I need some advice regarding advanced study (masters) in some fields (business analytics, informations systems, or project management). Because of my low GPA (2.5), I am about to resign my fate that I might not be able to get schools to accept me. I also heard of taking a post-graduate course. but I do not seem to find any program related to the ones that I would be interested in. Please does anyone have similar experiences or know someone that got out of this situation and how they did that?

Hello Adurajoseph,

Your focus should shift away from Masters and place it on a PGD/C in related fields like Human Resources Management, International Business Management, Global Resources Management etc.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:04pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thoyour:
Please, I am trying to apply to University of Waterloo for Masters in Civil Eng, I keep seeing GRE test as a requirement. Anyone knows if its compulsory.

Hello Thoyour,

If the schools states it as a compulsory requirement, then its compulsory and nobody can say otherwise here. However, there are other schools that may not require you to have one. So, keep your search extensively wide to provinces or less popular schools.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:10pm On Jan 04, 2020
BRANDYAK:

Hello good morning, please I need your help am applying to university of Saskatchewan, I really need tips on acquiring funding, as am not very viable to pay fees and living expenses. I will appreciate any suggestions coming from everyone thanks for your understanding. Gurus please help

Hello BRANDYAK,

I believe you course interest is a research based (if its a Masters program). You should be ready and focus on how to secure a supervisor, write a good research statement, apply early etc.

You should try to contact your prospect school to get more info about their scholarship policy and funding info.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:12pm On Jan 04, 2020
Tanyan:

Applied October 30th, did medicals 16th December, since then, no response, and School resumes January 6th, School is Cambrian College, sent a mail to the school, they haven’t replied. Anyone else applied to Cambrian?

Hello Tanyan,

Was you medicals requested or upfront? You consider deferring your admission to the next possible intake.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 12:22pm On Jan 04, 2020
Glasses1:
Thanks bro... seems we the hopefuls are much so I'll just wait and see how this week plays out..

Please help with the meaning of CSE and direct email of IRCC.

Mercí...

Case Specific Enquiry (webform)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tanyan: 12:27pm On Jan 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Tanyan,

Was you medicals requested or upfront? You consider deferring your admission to the next possible intake.

All the best

Yes it was requested, yeah, if I don’t get a response by the end of next week, there’s only so much time the school can give me I guess.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lasisig5(m): 1:41pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hi everyone, good day and happy weekend, can anyone please suggest any college or university that have post graduate programs related to microbiology in CANADA most of the colleges I know only have Diploma and Advanced diploma in Microbiology.

As I already have degree in microbiology it won’t sound well to go for post secondary program after degree.

Please I need suggestions.
Thanks for your contributions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 2:29pm On Jan 04, 2020
Absolutely.

Obehi44:

Bro Jeff, I have a sister at Conestoga (Kirchner or so) and my wife will join this year by God's grace.
Can you connect with her?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 2:33pm On Jan 04, 2020
kristien4:
A fresh microbiology graduate wants to apply for an undergraduate degree in medicine or nursing in Canada. Will that raise a red flag in getting a visa/study permit?
To my understanding, after obtaining a BSc and going for an undergraduate in Canada is always a red flag.
With this your previous BSc course, I will suggest you go for a PGD/C in a program like food and nutrition. I know someone who is already there via same route.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 2:35pm On Jan 04, 2020
Dear Adurajoseph[/b][b]

Look at the below site college site for your information and if you need any further assistance reach.

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/programs

adurajoseph:
hello everyone,
I need some advice regarding advanced study (masters) in some fields (business analytics, informations systems, or project management). Because of my low GPA (2.5), I am about to resign my fate that I might not be able to get schools to accept me. I also heard of taking a post-graduate course. but I do not seem to find any program related to the ones that I would be interested in. Please does anyone have similar experiences or know someone that got out of this situation and how they did that?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ifakiland(m): 3:03pm On Jan 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ifakiland,

All the best.
Yes I have already applied, but I still need to send my transcript....so I thinking of either asking my school to send the transcript (which will be more difficult) or just ask Wes to help forward the transcript to mun.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chaniel: 3:48pm On Jan 04, 2020
Glasses1:
I dont usually see anything in my inbox.. is it something personal that cant be shared here?

Have Seneca given you feedback concerning the processing delay, what is the feedback?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ifakiland(m): 4:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Ifakiland,

All the best.
Please how do I get Wes to help me send my transcript to mun?
Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 4:38pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ifakiland:

Thanks

I got my transcript sent to memorial university by UPS, and it got there Wetin 4 days. Just go
To your school registrar and I think they can help you out
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 5:19pm On Jan 04, 2020
Thanks you so much. Well, the application isn't for me but someone else I have been in Canada for like 2 years, now a PR and I owe this thread so much gratitude for that.
JustMellow:

Hello Markab,

At this moment, you have to be patient and calm. Your case may be different from others and you may have your PP sent back to you in no time. If your financial documents are staightforward with no discrepancies, the secondary verification may go very fast even within the 2wks marks.

However, if the worst comes to play, you can easily defer your admission to the next possible intake which gives you ample time to prepare for your trip.

BTW do well to share your application and submitted documents timeline

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ifakiland(m): 6:42pm On Jan 04, 2020
Piecoco:

I got my transcript sent to memorial university by UPS, and it got there Wetin 4 days. Just go
To your school registrar and I think they can help you out
Thanks please do. You have a contact at unizik?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Piecoco: 6:52pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ifakiland:

Thanks please do. You have a contact at unizik?
No, graduated from DELSU
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 7:05pm On Jan 04, 2020
Ifakiland:

Yes I have already applied, but I still need to send my transcript....so I thinking of either asking my school to send the transcript (which will be more difficult) or just ask Wes to help forward the transcript to mun.

Ifakiland:

Thanks

Since you've already evaluate you credentials with WES. It would be very easy for them to forward your school credentials to MUN, just contact them via email or call to make further enquiry.

Asking your school in Naija to send your transcript after all the wahala and cost of evaluating with WES will attract a very high 'total' cost and may defeat the purpose of evaluation.

All thes best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 7:08pm On Jan 04, 2020
Markab:
Thanks you so much. Well, the application isn't for me but someone else I have been in Canada for like 2 years, now a PR and I owe this thread so much gratitude for that.

You have done well for yourself, congratulations.

Stay blessed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by odinkaru: 7:09pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hello everyone. My sister is an American citizen and is my sponsor for my study permit.. Her monthly salary is a about 7k usd but her bank balance as of now is about 2k usd. Will that affect my chances? Note: she has paid 5600 cad out of my tuition.

Justmellow Naijaforeigner
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Godiswonderful: 7:40pm On Jan 04, 2020
Greetings to you
Trust you are doing good
Please what’s the required amount one must have in his bank account For BSc....after paying first semester tuition about 10kCAD
And also can my uncle be my sponsor ??
Thanks
JustMellow:

Hello Godiswonderful,

Why the sad face?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 7:45pm On Jan 04, 2020
No reply from them yet... Is that your Uni too?

Chaniel:

Have Seneca given you feedback concerning the processing delay, what is the feedback?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by neverlosehope: 8:07pm On Jan 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Jarulecole,

You are still not getting the point. If after you've approached the Department and has agreed to assist you, you would be automatically assigned to a lecturer who will send a reference letter on your behalf with the institutional email. Your academic or research ability can be determined by the lecturer through your transcript or academic records with the Department.

Hello Neverlosehope,

In some cases where certain situations proves difficult, other means would improvise. Most times, in the absence of a said familiar lecturer/professors who taught a student, a reference letter can still be well drafted to quantitate the student's academic and research ability (not necessarily the student's aptitude) by another lecturer/professor that would be assigned by the Department using the student's transcript or academic records in the Department's archive to re-assess the student.

So, there is nothing like vague and inappropriate.

All the best.

Hi,

I was just stating my opinion based on experience and knowledge. I had a masters from US and PhD from Canada. Also, I have add opportunities to review graduate admission with professor and peer review of scholarship applications. So, I know a little about how graduate admission works. Especially for thesis programs, the quality of reference is one of the reason for application rejection. In some department, the weight given to academic reference is as high as 30%. I worked for over a decade before applying for masters and I fully understand your points. I had to be proactive on how my letter of recommendation/reference was written after 5 rejections. I learnt more about the mistakes students makes on this topic after starting masters in the US.

Again, I was just trying to correct a misgiving about the weight of letter of recommendation/reference. If my earlier response was harsh, I do apologize. Regards
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Alfarrouk: 8:53pm On Jan 04, 2020
Hello guys,

Is there anyone going to Concordia University of Edmonton this winter?

(1) (2) (3) ... (459) (460) (461) (462) (463) (464) (465) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: Bobmaintain

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.