Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,526 members, 7,819,894 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 05:44 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (466) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025307 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:39am On Jan 07, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

Has anyone processed the application for Memorial University of Newfoundland?

I am a bit worried.

I have sent the following documents;

1. Official transcript from my institution - Not showing as received yet
2. TOEFL result and Degree certificate (Sent via courier)- Not showing as "received" on my dashboard
3. Both recommendations from my referees have been submitted- Showing as "received"

Please, is there anything i missed?

Hello NwanyiOkpa,

I believe you tracked the courier and if yes, what is the delivery showing or did it show that it has landed in MUN?

If it has gotten to MUN, just email graduate admissions regarding the upload.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 11:42am On Jan 07, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello NwanyiOkpa,

I believe you tracked the courier and if yes, what is the delivery showing or did it show that it has landed in MUN?

If it has gotten to MUN, just email graduate admissions regarding the upload.

All the best

Yes, when I tracked, it indicated that the documents have been received by someone in the institution. I am just confused right now as nothing has reflected. Both my transcript and my couriered degree cert+TOEFL.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:42am On Jan 07, 2020
essyb2002:
Send them an email.The same thing happened to me.
Meanwhile are we meant to send them our degree certificate because I didn't do that?and the column for confirmation of degree is still blank,I don't know what to do about that one.

Hello Essyb2002,

Send via email to gradapply@mun.ca include to the message body your Student number or DoB and Full name.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:45am On Jan 07, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Yes, when I tracked, it indicated that the documents have been received by someone in the institution. I am just confused right now as nothing has reflected. Both my transcript and my couriered degree cert+TOEFL.

Don't panic, sometimes it happens like that. All you have to do is send an email to gradapply@mun.ca regarding it and include your Student number or DoB and full name as the message body. It would be sorted out.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dejavus: 12:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hi People,

Is it true that payment made for Medical is not refundable even if you cancel well in advance?

I hope someone can confirm if this is the case.

Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mom2be: 12:40pm On Jan 07, 2020
Good day i seem to have same interest, however am not able to send an email, please assist

Thanks

Melaninkween:

Hi Amara, thankfully you do not need to apply for an undergraduate nursing program as there are graduate entry masters in nursing programs that grants you registration after completion. Feel free to E-mail me for more information.
Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 1:03pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hi,

I will like to reapply soon probably this month , I was refused based on financial resources etc.

I will like to know if there's need for my sponsor to have transferred my living expenses like some months before I reapply or it doesnt matter how long the money had stayed in my account before I reapply.

I will also like to know if my sponsor will need to do another affidavit of sponsorship or I can use the prrevious one.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IloveCanada: 2:09pm On Jan 07, 2020
Anyone coming to Brandon Manitoba? Holla for Airport Pick-up and free Temporary accomodation!

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:51pm On Jan 07, 2020
I have sent several emails to them but no response.

quote author=JustMellow post=85579654]

Hello Essyb2002,

Send via email to gradapply@mun.ca include to the message body your Student number or DoB and Full name.

All the best[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:05pm On Jan 07, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

I am a bit worried.

2. TOEFL result and Degree certificate (Sent via courier)- Not showing as "received" on my dashboard
3. Both recommendations from my referees have been submitted- Showing as "received"

If you have submitted all the documents asked by the school then you just have to be patient and pray you get accepted for the applied program. Also, schools have deadlines for admission and they will start sending out offer letters after the deadline. Check the school's website to know everything about their admission processing timeframe.
Good luck

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:11pm On Jan 07, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:

Patience is all you need now. You can send an email to the school telling them you have sent all requested documents to them and has been delivered. Hopefully they will update your profile soon

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 4:01pm On Jan 07, 2020
dejavus:
Hi People,

Is it true that payment made for Medical is not refundable even if you cancel well in advance?

I hope someone can confirm if this is the case.

Thanks in advance.

Good afternoon,

If you are referring to qlife family clinic, I confirmed the above statement.

I have successfully booked a medical test for Jan 30 hopping to receive a medical request from IRCC before then. To my surprise, after calling their officials for cancellation, they said that the money is nonrefundable.

See me see trouble! I beg nairalanders to come to our aid. Is it possible and even ideal for IRCC to be dealing with this type of people. They want to hold my money for services not rendered.

Please if anybody has experienced this kindly share with us.

Good bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Efizzi: 4:02pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hi Guys, just got admission for MBA at Vancouver Island University, The fees was like 38k when applying now its 50k+. Anybody else have a better alternative for MBA? I dont want MUN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyinlove15: 4:15pm On Jan 07, 2020
I also applied to the school but had to defer when I got refused, you can try out university of northern British columbia, I think Thompson rivers too but if you are focusing on finance you can check saint Mary university

Efizzi:
Hi Guys, just got admission for MBA at Vancouver Island University, The fees was like 38k when applying now its 50k+. Anybody else have a better alternative for MBA? I dont want MUN
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by CornOak(m): 4:27pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hello guys,

Please, does anyone knows if Lambton College waive English test result for Nigerians? I am planning to apply for Fall Semester.

Second, is it advisable for an OND holder to apply for a Graduate Program at a college? Any effect on TRV?

A suitable response would highly be appreciated. smiley

Many thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Efizzi: 4:32pm On Jan 07, 2020
oyinlove15:
I also applied to the school but had to defer when I got refused, you can try out university of northern British columbia, I think Thompson rivers too but if you are focusing on finance you can check saint Mary university

Many thanks. I didn't like the reviews I got from Thompson rivers, but maybe I will try Saint Mary's now.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Electroweb(m): 4:35pm On Jan 07, 2020
Hello experts in the house,
I have gotten admission. I want to apply for study permit and I want my family to accompany and stay with me in Canada. How do I go about this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 4:53pm On Jan 07, 2020
This is quite serious...

Is there a reason for cancellation?

If your visa was rejected, there should be some sort of consideration.

AlFath:

Good afternoon,

If you are referring to qlife family clinic, I confirmed the above statement.

I have successfully booked a medical test for Jan 30 hopping to receive a medical request from IRCC before then. To my surprise, after calling their officials for cancellation, they said that the money is nonrefundable.

See me see trouble! I beg nairalanders to come to our aid. Is it possible and even ideal for IRCC to be dealing with this type of people. They want to hold my money for services not rendered.

Please if anybody has experienced this kindly share with us.

Good bless you all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:28pm On Jan 07, 2020
Electroweb:
I have gotten admission. I want to apply for study permit and I want my family to accompany and stay with me in Canada. How do I go about this?
If you have good finances then you can apply if not I'll suggest you come in first and after your first semester you can apply for your spouse via open work permit and get the required funds necessary
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:29pm On Jan 07, 2020
Efizzi:

Many thanks. I didn't like the reviews I got from Thompson rivers, but maybe I will try Saint Mary's now.
Thompson Rivers university is a good school although it's a small city compared to the larger cities. If you are coming to Canada and don't want to get overwhelmed then TRU is a good option.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by makano: 8:37pm On Jan 07, 2020
I will advise you apply alone, and use the members of ur family as part of home tie.. Then when u get ur visa and u are already in Canada, U can now apply for spousal permit to bring ur Wife/Husband/children over.. Ma 2 cents.. Peace
Electroweb:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lonics: 9:24pm On Jan 07, 2020
NwanyiOkpa:
Good morning,

I am a bit worried.

Bros,even me,have sent my transcripts since first week of december,two references. Am going for Msc in energy systems engineering. I mailed them and they told me that they are still processing it. Let us keep sending remainder to them

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JummyFash: 9:55pm On Jan 07, 2020
Happy new year fam! Pls I want to confirm, if one is submitting via paper route, do you need to book an appointment for paper submission? Thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MissMichelleA(f): 8:02am On Jan 08, 2020
Simon Fraser University offers a Professional Masters in Computer science - Big Data Analytics specialization.
Donbigi2:
Hi. I'm looking for a masters course in statistical and machine learning (or any data science course) only one I found is in university of alberta but its thesis based. I want to be able to work full time during breaks and network well for possible employment after school. Pls any one know a school with course based masters in computer (data science)?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Donbigi2(m): 8:54am On Jan 08, 2020
MissMichelleA:
Simon Fraser University offers a Professional Masters in Computer science - Big Data Analytics specialization.
Thanks alot and their tuition is quite low too. I think 5300
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tolatrends: 9:58am On Jan 08, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello kristien4,

It may or may not, but depending on how you present your storyline or package your application. As heads up:

1. Don't declare your first degree

2. Do well to justify your (any) study gap especially if your age is far gone.

3. It would help your application if your have awards, have done a certificate program or engaged in voluntary services in your prosposed field (if applicable).

4. A good study plan to explain relevant information about your study intentions and goals.

5. Securing an admission in Medicine won't be easy. You should rather focus more on Nursing or other health related courses like Toxicology etc.

N.B: a Masters or PGD/C is best suited...

All the best.

Greetings!

I currently got an MBA offer from a Canadian university in Vancouver to commence in April 2020.I have a National Diploma in Library & Info science and a Degree in History &International studies. I got a few waiver choices which has propelled the need to move further.I have also applied for scholarship of upto about 10,000CAD which is still pending review.

I have over 11 years experience which cuts across business development,project management,interior design and HR. I have been refused tourist visa to the US a few times in 2013,2015,2017& 2018 (but I have been to the UK,Dubai and Singapore within these period) Will this in any way impact my application?

Also I intend to use my parent as my additional sponsor for proof of funds to add up to my savings. Will this fly?

I will appreciate your response. Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eguoski: 1:21pm On Jan 08, 2020
This is why our application is taking time. I just got this reply from kenya

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Laurendee: 1:30pm On Jan 08, 2020

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Laurendee: 1:32pm On Jan 08, 2020
Jephehe:
I will suggest you to go for Supply Chain Management - Global which is a Post graduate course in Conestoga College

https://www.conestogac.on.ca/fulltime/supply-chain-management-global

The below bold is a redflag

Okay thank you so much. I noticed conestogac is often suggested here. I checked the supply chain there and it’s a post graduate certificate of 12 months duration. My question is since it’s a one year course I’ll be given one year pgwp. Is that enough time to start processing permanent residency or how can I go about it please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samiattt: 3:10pm On Jan 08, 2020
Laurendee:

I just hope this their delay would yield positive results because waiting for over 2 months is not easy ��
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bussie17: 3:40pm On Jan 08, 2020
Good afternoon house, pls is there any institutions that waive IETLS for masters or PhD program in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 3:46pm On Jan 08, 2020
Its depends on many indices as regards PR application, If you have fund immediately you complete 1 year you can subscribe to another 1 year in either project management, financial planning service or Global business management, at the end you will qualify for 3 years work permit.

Another factor is that how good you are with experience with the course to secure employment immediately its what really count in the PR application.

Laurendee:

Okay thank you so much. I noticed conestogac is often suggested here. I checked the supply chain there and it’s a post graduate certificate of 12 months duration. My question is since it’s a one year course I’ll be given one year pgwp. Is that enough time to start processing permanent residency or how can I go about it please?

(1) (2) (3) ... (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.