Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,640 members, 7,820,241 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:02 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (467) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1025457 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 4:59pm On Jan 08, 2020
tolatrends:

Greetings!

I currently got an MBA offer from a Canadian university in Vancouver to commence in April 2020.I have a National Diploma in Library & Info science and a Degree in History &International studies. I got a few waiver choices which has propelled the need to move further.I have also applied for scholarship of upto about 10,000CAD which is still pending review.

I have over 11 years experience which cuts across business development,project management,interior design and HR. I have been refused tourist visa to the US a few times in 2013,2015,2017& 2018 (but I have been to the UK,Dubai and Singapore within these period) Will this in any way impact my application?

Also I intend to use my parent as my additional sponsor for proof of funds to add up to my savings. Will this fly?

I will appreciate your response. Thank you.

Hello Tolatrends,

The refusals won't pose any harm for as long as you declare or point it out to the knowledge of the VO. To an extent, your travel history especially that of UK would spice things up.

Using your parents as co-sponsor is a strong sponsorship factor. Please, go ahead.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Raalsalghul: 6:28pm On Jan 08, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Tolatrends,

The refusals won't pose any harm for as long as you declare or point it out to the knowledge of the VO. To an extent, your travel history especially that of UK would spice things up.

Using your parents as co-sponsor is a strong sponsorship factor. Please, go ahead.

All the best.

Na wa oh!

I've seen so much emphasis on Travel history.

Any hope for folks with virgin passports?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:36pm On Jan 08, 2020
Raalsalghul:

Na wa oh!

I've seen so much emphasis on Travel history.

Any hope for folks with virgin passports?

Hello Raalsalghul,

Applicants with virgin PP are also covered. The most important thing is to be able to satisfy the VO and meet eligibility.

All the best.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Raalsalghul: 6:38pm On Jan 08, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Raalsalghul,

Applicants with virgin PP are also covered. The most important thing is to be able to satisfy the VO and meet eligibility.

All the best.

Alright!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ray2019: 8:20pm On Jan 08, 2020
Alfarrouk:
Hello guys,

Is there anyone going to Concordia University of Edmonton this winter?

I will be going to Concordia university this winter.

I am waiting for my visa to come through

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Stevenssen(m): 8:24pm On Jan 08, 2020
bussie17:
Good afternoon house, pls is there any institutions that waive IETLS for masters or PhD program in Canada?
literally most of them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Laurendee: 10:22pm On Jan 08, 2020
Please is a post baccalaureate diploma and a post graduate certificate the same?

Also how many years pgwp is given for a 20 month course
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tawis06(m): 10:54pm On Jan 08, 2020
Hi

Do community college need IETLS? help a brother please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by drealsahmy(m): 1:54am On Jan 09, 2020
IloveCanada:
Anyone coming to Brandon Manitoba? Holla for Airport Pick-up and free Temporary accomodation!

Are you a student at Brandon??
I was checking for the tuition fees and proof of funds. Haven't gotten anything yet, can you help?
Undergrad degree computer science

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:26am On Jan 09, 2020
Laurendee:
Please is a post baccalaureate diploma and a post graduate certificate the same?

No, they are not the same.

Under normal conditions, 3 years
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:34am On Jan 09, 2020
Samiattt:
I just hope this their delay would yield positive results because waiting for over 2 months is not easy ��

Just keep yourself busy with other things.

I have a friend that applied for study permit renewal in Canada. The guy called me tonight saying today makes it 3 months he submitted his application and still no word from CIC.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 4:35am On Jan 09, 2020
Tawis06:
Hi

Do community college need IETLS? help a brother please.

No bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 5:10am On Jan 09, 2020
Laurendee:

Okay thank you so much. I noticed conestogac is often suggested here. I checked the supply chain there and it’s a post graduate certificate of 12 months duration. My question is since it’s a one year course I’ll be given one year pgwp. Is that enough time to start processing permanent residency or how can I go about it please?

Are you sure it is 12 months duration? It says 1 year program on school website does not mean it is 12 months, you need to confirm from the school if it is 2 or 3 semesters. I think it is most likely going to be an eight months program.

The poster you quoted usually recommends Connestoga on this thread probably because he is an alumni of the college.

I think you should search for 3 - 5 schools, compare and then choose the school that you prefer. I will also suggest, if you decide to go for Logistics and Supply Chain Management, choose a school that offers the program with co-op.

Is 1 year PGWP enough time to look for job and process PR? It depends on so many factors which has been discussed some weeks back on this thread. Links attached below.

https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/422#84461802

https://www.nairaland.com/5233221/canadian-student-visa-thread-part/431#84642506
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MOBAN444(m): 7:07am On Jan 09, 2020
Good morning gurus.
I have been trying to download the application forms from the CIC website for days now it keeps giving me error message and asking me to upgrade my acrobat reader. I tried to upgrade they keep saying I have the latest version.
Pls i need advice.

see the message it keep given me bellow:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by lukzy500: 7:24am On Jan 09, 2020
MOBAN444:
Good morning gurus.
I have been trying to download the application forms from the CIC website for days now it keeps giving me error message and asking me to upgrade my acrobat reader. I tried to upgrade they keep saying I have the latest version.
Pls i need advice.

Do not open with your phone, open with an updated Adobe reader on the computer
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosiiNO: 7:42am On Jan 09, 2020
Hi guys.
Is it possible for me to show that I run a mobile kitchen business as proof of ties even when I'm going to study for an HRM course?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by pjosh1(m): 8:06am On Jan 09, 2020
MOBAN444:
Good morning gurus.
Pls i need advice.

Download the file and open it with adobe
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosiiNO: 8:48am On Jan 09, 2020
Also, is Lambton college a good one and is it compulsory to send official transcript with application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ibuchim101(m): 9:23am On Jan 09, 2020
Hello everyone!

I got admission to study Data Analytics in Cape Breton University, starting in May, 2020. I have applied for my visa and currently awaiting the decision of the RICC. Is anyone on this train with me? Please let us know ourselves.

Also, i suggest we start from now to start making arrangements for accommodation with faith.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 9:53am On Jan 09, 2020
MOBAN444:
Good morning gurus.
Pls i need advice.

You need to download the official CIC PDF viewer/editor which is "Adobe DC Reader" or any compatible adobe version. When you download it you'll be able to view the IMM documents
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 9:54am On Jan 09, 2020
tosiiNO:
Hi guys.
Is it possible for me to show that I run a mobile kitchen business as proof of ties even when I'm going to study for an HRM course?
Yes definitely. Especially if you claim to be self employed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:01am On Jan 09, 2020
Laurendee:

They both have similarities. They are post graduate programs that require a post secondary qualification (Bsc). The post baccalaureate acts as a bridge to further graduate programs and also helps in adding extra credits to the previously acquired Bsc degree. It is most suitable for non-business degree holders who went to acquire knowledge in a business Field. For example engineering graduate who want to study business administration can do a post baccalaureate program.

The Graduate Certificate is similar to an Msc program just a little streamlined, doesn't require a thesis and less expensive compared to an msc program.

The 2 programs also guarantee a PGWP( Post graduate work permit)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:03am On Jan 09, 2020
Efizzi:
Hi Guys, just got admission for MBA at Vancouver Island University, The fees was like 38k when applying now its 50k+. Anybody else have a better alternative for MBA? I dont want MUN
Try Thompson Rivers university MBA program. It's 30kcad if you qualify for the Program directly.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chriswazo(m): 10:49am On Jan 09, 2020
Hello guys good morning,

I got a message from MUN about my application for Masters that they require 2.75 out of 4.0, I want to know if that's on Canadian scale or my home country scale?

Secondly, am doing a 1 year program of Masters and Bachelors courses in the same field now at Europe, do you think it will supplement my Bachelors that is second class lower?

I need suggestion guys, they said I should send in my application to be accessed fairly but I will like to know the possibility before diving in.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by tosiiNO: 10:57am On Jan 09, 2020
Thank you. You've been far too kind. But won't the visa officer think that the both of them aren't correlated?
Qudkom:

Yes definitely. Especially if you claim to be self employed.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anitaamich: 12:03pm On Jan 09, 2020
Please between food science and biotechnology, which one has good job prospects in Canada? I already have bsc microbiology.. will appreciate any other suggestions too
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dubajek: 12:34pm On Jan 09, 2020
Please is graduate cert. equivalent to post graduate diploma here in Nigeria?

Qudkom:

They both have similarities. They are post graduate programs that require a post secondary qualification (Bsc). The post baccalaureate acts as a bridge to further graduate programs and also helps in adding extra credits to the previously acquired Bsc degree. It is most suitable for non-business degree holders who went to acquire knowledge in a business Field. For example engineering graduate who want to study business administration can do a post baccalaureate program.

The Graduate Certificate is similar to an Msc program just a little streamlined, doesn't require a thesis and less expensive compared to an msc program.

The 2 programs also guarantee a PGWP( Post graduate work permit)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NairaLuck: 12:55pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello NLs, my younger brother just graduated from school (HND), although yet to serve(NYSC).
He's considering immigrating to Canada/USA not on a study grounds since it's expensive.
I'm asking on his behalf, are they cheaper means to immigrate legally to Canada and start hustling up the system? He read Management Studies. Graduated August Last year.

We were considering for him to go to Dubai and work to raise some capital maybe for school in Canada but his age, and we heard Dubai doesn't pay that much so he may not meet the financial mark in time.

Please i need all possible options for him, and he intends to leave this year. Or would you recommend a different country?
Although Canada has his heart ❤️.

Thanks in anticipation for enough answers /suggestions. He's not up to 25years old.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Mcilfero: 1:17pm On Jan 09, 2020
Hello nairalanders, have been a silent follower of this thread for about a year. I intend to apply for Masters communication and media studies at University of Calgary. Please I need to know my chances of getting admitted into this university as I heard it can be very competitive but considering my CGPA 4.27, should I carry on; better chance of securing admission? Thanks in anticipation. Also if there is anyone in that Uni, I wouldn't hesitate sliding into his/her mail in no time.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by oyakojo(m): 1:30pm On Jan 09, 2020
Ibuchim101:
Hello everyone!

I got admission to study Data Analytics in Cape Breton University, starting in May, 2020. I have applied for my visa and currently awaiting the decision of the RICC. Is anyone on this train with me? Please let us know ourselves.

Also, i suggest we start from now to start making arrangements for accommodation with faith.

Please when did you apply for your student Visa?, and have you received any updates?

(1) (2) (3) ... (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) (469) (470) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.