Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,521 members, 7,823,245 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 07:27 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (465) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1026810 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:28pm On Jan 06, 2020
obusuch:
Good day, please with a BSc in Building and PGD in civil engineering can I apply for a masters program in Canada? I graduated about 11years ago. Thanks

Hello Obusuch,

Yes, you can. When applying for your visa, do well to justify the study gap with evidence.

All the best.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 3:45pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hi TosiiNo,

Check below site if any course aligned with your plan.

https://international.conestogac.on.ca/programs

tosiiNO:
Hi, nairalanders.
I have been having issues concerning a course to apply for. Can anyone please suggest related Pgd/C courses I can apply for with a B.Sc in Sociology? I'll really appreciate this. Thank you very much guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:00pm On Jan 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Mcobex,

Same here coupled with many fruitful wishes. You've been AWOL, hope you are good?
Thanks bro. Yes I am doing great, just been busy. How's everything going with you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Donbigi2(m): 4:09pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hi. I'm looking for a masters course in statistical and machine learning (or any data science course) only one I found is in university of alberta but its thesis based. I want to be able to work full time during breaks and network well for possible employment after school. Pls any one know a school with course based masters in computer (data science)?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by erekilicious: 4:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello,
I have being following this thread for some time, i really need advice on this: I have first degree in Computer Engineering, i want to apply for Graduate Diploma in Communication Engineering, am looking at MUN for fall 2020, what do you guys think? do i have a good chance of being accepted or its gonna raise an eyebrow considering the uni has Masters in Computer Engineering. Reason for picking Graduate Diploma is, its much cheaper and am on a very tight budget. I need help . Thanks .
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 5:12pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello fellow hopefuls, anyone heard from CiC today? Be it medicals, grants, additional documents etc??

Also has anyone send them any emails today?

Anyone with the right email to send enquiries to should please paste here... Thank you..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tanyan: 5:18pm On Jan 06, 2020
Hello, please does anyone know how long it takes for the following?

1. To get Visa Approval after BVL is updated
2. How long it takes to get your passport back after approval if submitted with application.

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 5:20pm On Jan 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Qudkom,

Hope you are good?
I'm well and good bro. Complement of the season
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tanyan: 5:21pm On Jan 06, 2020
Glasses1:
Hello fellow hopefuls, anyone heard from CiC today? Be it medicals, grants, additional documents etc??

Also has anyone send them any emails today?

Anyone with the right email to send enquiries to should please paste here... Thank you..

I am using an agency, and my Biometrics was updated today. So hopefully I get the approval soon too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 5:35pm On Jan 06, 2020
That does not take time normally... when did you do your Biometrics? and when did you submit tour application online?

Tanyan:

I am using an agency, and my Biometrics was updated today. So hopefully I get the approval soon too.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tanyan: 5:43pm On Jan 06, 2020
Glasses1:
That does not take time normally... when did you do your Biometrics? and when did you submit tour application online?

Did Biometrics and submitted physically October 30th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 6:16pm On Jan 06, 2020
Ohh.. Okay, paper route. No worries..

It'll end in praise.

Tanyan:

Did Biometrics and submitted physically October 30th.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 7:48pm On Jan 06, 2020
Tanyan:
Hello, please does anyone know how long it takes for the following?

1. To get Visa Approval after BVL is updated
2. How long it takes to get your passport back after approval if submitted with application.

Thank you.

If your application is up to 3 or 4 weeks and you have gotten a BVL update already, just hope and pray for the best because a decision has been reached already and going by last year’s trend, it’s not a good one unless they have changed their style again.

Getting passport back depends on if there are no other scrutiny to be done on your documents. 1 week , 2 weeks and above.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 7:58pm On Jan 06, 2020
erekilicious:
Hello,
I have being following this thread for some time, i really need advice on this: I have first degree in Computer Engineering, i want to apply for Graduate Diploma in Communication Engineering, am looking at MUN for fall 2020, what do you guys think? do i have a good chance of being accepted or its gonna raise an eyebrow considering the uni has Masters in Computer Engineering. Reason for picking Graduate Diploma is, its much cheaper and am on a very tight budget. I need help . Thanks .
You can secure trv with PGD offer, but need to convince the vo why you are going for that instead of masters (try to give the advantages of PGD to masters and you should be good to go). Don't tell the vo you picked PGD cos it is cheaper

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:34pm On Jan 06, 2020
Donbigi2:
Hi. I'm looking for a masters course in statistical and machine learning (or any data science course) only one I found is in university of alberta but its thesis based. I want to be able to work full time during breaks and network well for possible employment after school. Pls any one know a school with course based masters in computer (data science)?
I don't think you can really predict the outcome of the type of job you get during holidays. Almost everyone works fulltime during holidays (summer and winter) that also depends on the shifts you get. Regarding your program choice there are different schools. Use the "find masters" website and you'll find.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by neverlosehope: 11:52pm On Jan 06, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Neverlosehope,

There is no need for the apology, I absolutely get your point, spot on. However, we both share our opinions based on two different perspectives. I gave mine from the viewpoint of Nigeria's academic system. I honestly appreciate the enlightenment. It would be educative and helpful to prospective applicants if you can give a detailed outline or break on the points that the reference letter should contained. This would enable prospective applicants guide their lecturers/professors on how to go about it.

Some might dispute, but securing admission these days isn't that easy as it may seem due to some minor or other hindsight.

Stay blessed sir.

Hi Ayodeji,

Break the reference into three sections as below

1) Academic excellence

This section should discuss your grade, awards/scholarship/recommendation you received during your degree(s). This section should highlight how good you are academically and there is nothing as been humble but blow your whistle as loud as possible.

2) Research potential

Here, the reference should focus on your ability to conduct research. Discuss the title, objectives and results of your thesis. Do you have any published article? Discuss it here. Also, if you had attended any conference/workshop, you should discuss it here. If you applying for a program that is thesis based, those reviewing your reference want to know your ability to successfully conduct research, which make this section a good place to shine.

3) Leadership quality
This section should focus on your work experience, volunteering activities within the community or sport activities that you had received any award. Also, this is a place to showcase your leadership quality such as part of students' leadership, part of an organisation in the community. If you have adequate and quality work experience, this is the place to highlight them. Discuss what you had done which made a difference. As little as selflessly assisting someone/community to overcome a difficult challenge might be the main reason the admission committee decided to accept you into the program

To assist your referees, I will suggest you write a draft and forward it to them. This ensure that anybody writing a reference for you can adequately do justice to it. Please take it as important as possible since it might be the main deciding factor in your admission

Regards

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AKALAMAGBO: 1:16am On Jan 07, 2020
Thank you Justmellow...

JustMellow:

Hello AKALAMAGBO,

You should strictly consider applying to colleges only. Do well to put good efforts in your IELTS, it would be a boost in one way or the other.

You can do your search on Google for schools and if no result, then the house can further assist you.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nellykuch: 2:27am On Jan 07, 2020
Any student coming to western or Fanshawe that wants to rent a one bedroom executive apartment for February should let me know..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Toludavids: 5:15am On Jan 07, 2020
okikiabdu:
Hi guys,

My application was submitted on the 30th of October and I enrolled my biometrics on the 1st of November. I also did upfront medical on the 28th of October.

Since, then I have not had any updates on my application. Not even for medical. School starts on Monday and I’m worried. Last week, my eligibility review started. I’ve sent several emails and webforms to the Kenya office and I’ve been told that my application is “under active review.”

Now, I’m trying to figure out the best time to contact IRCC with a deferral letter from school. I don’t want to jump the gun incase they get back to me this week. But I also don’t want to be refused on grounds that I can’t meet the resumption date. Does this make sense?!

Can someone please advise? Thank you.
I'm was also told to go for my medicals around that time. Have you gotten any response from them now, and do you plan on deferring your admission ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bezimo(m): 5:20am On Jan 07, 2020
Any University of Manitoba bound student..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 8:48am On Jan 07, 2020
Good morning,

Has anyone processed the application for Memorial University of Newfoundland?

I am a bit worried.

I have sent the following documents;

1. Official transcript from my institution - Not showing as received yet
2. TOEFL result and Degree certificate (Sent via courier)- Not showing as "received" on my dashboard
3. Both recommendations from my referees have been submitted- Showing as "received"

Please, is there anything i missed?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SandCastle: 9:26am On Jan 07, 2020
Please anyone going to cape breton university this May 2020.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2020
Send them an email.The same thing happened to me.
Meanwhile are we meant to send them our degree certificate because I didn't do that?and the column for confirmation of degree is still blank,I don't know what to do about that one.

quote author=NwanyiOkpa post=85574725]Good morning,

I am a bit worried.

2. TOEFL result and Degree certificate (Sent via courier)- Not showing as "received" on my dashboard
3. Both recommendations from my referees have been submitted- Showing as "received"

Please, is there anything i missed?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Amarapearl: 9:36am On Jan 07, 2020
Good day, I am glad to be here, please I have a question and would be glad to get a response from my learned colleagues grin. I am undergoing my MBA from a university in UK and will be through by the first quarter of 2021.

However, I recently developed a flair for the nursing profession and would like to apply for an undergraduate study in Canada.

I am in my early thirties and have been working for the past 7 years so I am going to sponsor myself. My question is would the career switch raise an eyebrow with the VO and what other information do you think that I will need.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 9:52am On Jan 07, 2020
Toludavids:

I'm was also told to go for my medicals around that time. Have you gotten any response from them now, and do you plan on deferring your admission ?

I haven’t gotten any response yet and I have told the school about my intension to defer my admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by NwanyiOkpa(f): 10:36am On Jan 07, 2020
essyb2002:
Send them an email.The same thing happened to me.
Meanwhile are we meant to send them our degree certificate because I didn't do that?and the column for confirmation of degree is still blank,I don't know what to do about that one.

quote author=NwanyiOkpa post=85574725]Good morning,

I am a bit worried.

Please, is there anything i missed?

Please what did you send?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Melaninkween(f): 11:13am On Jan 07, 2020
Amarapearl:
Good day, I am glad to be here, please I have a question and would be glad to get a response from my learned colleagues grin. I am undergoing my MBA from a university in UK and will be through by the first quarter of 2021.

However, I recently developed a flair for the nursing profession and would like to apply for an undergraduate study in Canada.

I am in my early thirties and have been working for the past 7 years so I am going to sponsor myself. My question is would the career switch raise an eyebrow with the VO and what other information do you think that I will need.

Thanks

Hi Amara, thankfully you do not need to apply for an undergraduate nursing program as there are graduate entry masters in nursing programs that grants you registration after completion. Feel free to E-mail me for more information.
Cheers

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by MizTyna(f): 11:28am On Jan 07, 2020
mcobex:
Applying to more than one school has no effect on your visa as you can only apply for visa with ONE offer letter. Applying to more than one school only increases your chances of securing admission as it is possible to be offered more than one offer and with that you can pick which is best for you(financially and otherwise).
You should check the schools' websites to know those still offering admission for September.
Good luck

Many thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:32am On Jan 07, 2020
mcobex:
Thanks bro. Yes I am doing great, just been busy. How's everything going with you?

Very fine, thank you. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:33am On Jan 07, 2020
Qudkom:

I'm well and good bro. Complement of the season

Same here, thanks. Stay blessed.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 11:34am On Jan 07, 2020
neverlosehope:

Hi Ayodeji,

Break the reference into three sections as below

1) Academic excellence

This section should discuss your grade, awards/scholarship/recommendation you received during your degree(s). This section should highlight how good you are academically and there is nothing as been humble but blow your whistle as loud as possible.

2) Research potential

Here, the reference should focus on your ability to conduct research. Discuss the title, objectives and results of your thesis. Do you have any published article? Discuss it here. Also, if you had attended any conference/workshop, you should discuss it here. If you applying for a program that is thesis based, those reviewing your reference want to know your ability to successfully conduct research, which make this section a good place to shine.

3) Leadership quality
This section should focus on your work experience, volunteering activities within the community or sport activities that you had received any award. Also, this is a place to showcase your leadership quality such as part of students' leadership, part of an organisation in the community. If you have adequate and quality work experience, this is the place to highlight them. Discuss what you had done which made a difference. As little as selflessly assisting someone/community to overcome a difficult challenge might be the main reason the admission committee decided to accept you into the program

To assist your referees, I will suggest you write a draft and forward it to them. This ensure that anybody writing a reference for you can adequately do justice to it. Please take it as important as possible since it might be the main deciding factor in your admission

Regards

Thank you for this. It would go a long way to guide prospective applicants.

Stay blessed.

(1) (2) (3) ... (462) (463) (464) (465) (466) (467) (468) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.