Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,195 members, 7,829,279 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 11:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (475) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1029356 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glowing1: 3:30pm On Jan 14, 2020
Stevenssen:

Both are very good countries, with very good economies.

In terms of visa application, both are difficult. I think Australia might be slightly easier to get now than Canada due to higher number of people applying to Canada. Though you'll probably need an agent for the Australian visa.

In terms of salary and quality of life, there isn't much difference.

Canada is close to USA, Australia is close to Indonesia and New Zealand.

The other difference is the weather : Australia is known to have similar temperatures to us while Canada is very very cold.

Your decision.

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glenfiddich26: 5:03pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hello house, thanks to everybody here, I been a silent reader for a while and i have really learnt a lot. Please I just got admissiin to study 2years diploma in business in Ontario, i am a business but been working for my boss for over 8years. I am a married man 31yrs old with 2kids and i have a Statement of account of 6m+. I know that will not be enough as proof to be my own sponsor. So my boss has agreed to sponsor me. I will like to proceed with the visa application as l need to accept the admission and pay my tuition in 2weeks. My Question can my boss be my sponsor? Should I go ahead and start the application? I await your kind response God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:22pm On Jan 14, 2020
Hello house having gotten admission into the university in Canada when is the perfect time to start my visa application
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 5:26pm On Jan 14, 2020
Glenfiddich26:
Hello house, thanks to everybody here, I been a silent reader for a while and i have really learnt a lot. Please I just got admissiin to study 2years diploma in business in Ontario, i am a business but been working for my boss for over 8years. I am a married man 31yrs old with 2kids and i have a Statement of account of 6m+. I know that will not be enough as proof to be my own sponsor. So my boss has agreed to sponsor me. I will like to proceed with the visa application as l need to accept the admission and pay my tuition in 2weeks. My Question can my boss be my sponsor? Should I go ahead and start the application? I await your kind response God bless

Hello bro.. I have issues with this..
Going for a diploma wen u already have a bsc or HND is a step down.. you either go for masters in a university or go for a POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA(PGD) in a college.. if your sponsor will be your boss, fine but you have to explain vividly why he's sponsoring you, I will suggest you seek a family relation as a sponsor b.. Also for your wife and kids how do u tend to take care of them wen u leave..so these are the issues u need to look into. But for the diploma, not certain you will get the visa... Other suggestions can also be offered cos this is my own 2kobo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 5:27pm On Jan 14, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Hello house having gotten admission into the university in Canada when is the perfect time to start my visa application
When is your school starting.. I advise your start now cos standard processing time as at last time I checked was 9weeks but might be more..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 5:40pm On Jan 14, 2020
Wow thanks
Anon123:

When is your school starting.. I advise your start now cos standard processing time as at last time I checked was 9weeks but might be more..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glenfiddich26: 5:43pm On Jan 14, 2020
Thanks for your response, your case is very different though. I have never been to any higher institution, my highest qualification is WAEC and I started working for my boss after high school.
Cant do a 4years degree atm, because of the duration and my age. No school will want to admit me. Hence the diploma which is shorter. My wife works and earn well and my boss promises to continue paying me till i graduate. I can still come back and manage the business. Hes sponsoring me becacause of my loyalty all this years and my wife has 2m soa whch l am giving her as upkeep aside her salary and also excluding my own 6m. Please l still need more imput from the house.
Anon123:

Hello bro.. I have issues with this..
Going for a diploma wen u already have a bsc or HND is a step down.. you either go for masters in a university or go for a POST GRADUATE DIPLOMA(PGD) in a college.. if your sponsor will be your boss, fine but you have to explain vividly why he's sponsoring you, I will suggest you seek a family relation as a sponsor b.. Also for your wife and kids how do u tend to take care of them wen u leave..so these are the issues u need to look into. But for the diploma, not certain you will get the visa... Other suggestions can also be offered cos this is my own 2kobo
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 8:46pm On Jan 14, 2020
Adetayoade1:
You can start asap. I submitted mine 9monthd before resumption
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Oh wow cheesy ....thank you boss
Qudkom:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:50pm On Jan 14, 2020
Oh wow thank you boss
Qudkom:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by rogbalekan(m): 2:37am On Jan 15, 2020
Good morning family,

Just got MSc admission and need to tackle POF for visa application, I got a senior friend in Canada who is willing to support. Therefore, I would like to know how do I show how the money was got considering it will be a lump sum from not a close relative.

Pls house what do you suggest I do to perfect this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 15, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Canada PR! Canada PR! Canada PR!
PR might be far fetched for her right now. She needs a masters in addition to everything she listed else she won't make the cut off.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 2:46am On Jan 15, 2020
Who's coming to or just landed in Edmonton?! Hit me up.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Luwaluwa: 6:15am On Jan 15, 2020
Please, with the delay in response from CIC, can I Just do medicals before they respond ,in order not to waste time again when they respond?

Obehi44:

If your application is up to 3 or 4 weeks and you have gotten a BVL update already, just hope and pray for the best because a decision has been reached already and going by last year’s trend, it’s not a good one unless they have changed their style again.

Getting passport back depends on if there are no other scrutiny to be done on your documents. 1 week , 2 weeks and above.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:33am On Jan 15, 2020
rogbalekan:
Good morning family,

Just got MSc admission and need to tackle POF for visa application, I got a senior friend in Canada who is willing to support. Therefore, I would like to know how do I show how the money was got considering it will be a lump sum from not a close relative.

Pls house what do you suggest I do to perfect this?
As long as you and your sponsor explain it in your SOP and letter of support respectively, you won't have any issue. Let him state why he intends to support you as well.
Good luck
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 8:40am On Jan 15, 2020
Luwaluwa:
Please, with the delay in response from CIC, can I Just do medicals before they respond ,in order not to waste time again when they respond?

If @Obehi44's post was referring to you then don't go for medical yet until you get a feedback from CIC. That said, the fact you go for medical before CIC asked for it has no effect on your app(if it will approved or not), so be patient for now (except if you have some money that is just sitting idle in your account and don't know what to do with it......just kidding).
Be patient for now

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adigun98(m): 8:42am On Jan 15, 2020
Qudkom:

The least you're going to get is an acceptance deposit between $500- $1500 but you'll still pay the tuition regardless.

P.s: it's pretty much a waste of time coming into Canada and not enrolling fully in school. I can't count how many people have tried that and at your end get tracked down by the immigration.
Thanks for the advice boss,I'm 21years old,an experienced forklift operator but I only got my o'levels.This really make me think I'm qualified for the study alone but I don't know if I could apply for the express entry considering I don't have any A levels,please your advice is needed boss
Thanks once again and God bless
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ignis: 9:13am On Jan 15, 2020
Glowing1:
Pls advice me, between Canada vs Australia, which should I opt for, considering long time goal, settling down n making money?
Australia is a bit more expensive.... Canada is generally the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ignis: 9:16am On Jan 15, 2020
keneharry:

Please how do you calculate it..Thanks

(CGPA ÷ 5) * 4

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 9:21am On Jan 15, 2020
Glenfiddich26:
Thanks for your response, your case is very different though. I have never been to any higher institution, my highest qualification is WAEC and I started working for my boss after high school.
Cant do a 4years degree atm, because of the duration and my age. No school will want to admit me. Hence the diploma which is shorter. My wife works and earn well and my boss promises to continue paying me till i graduate. I can still come back and manage the business. Hes sponsoring me becacause of my loyalty all this years and my wife has 2m soa whch l am giving her as upkeep aside her salary and also excluding my own 6m. Please l still need more imput from the house.

I sent you a mail explain better
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by stephanie94: 10:00am On Jan 15, 2020
Good day guys, I'm really new here. I would like to know if I can convert a Canadian visiting visa to a student visa in Canada. I intend going through conference, I'm currently a student in Germany.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ormohlawlah: 10:42am On Jan 15, 2020
Kossy23:

I saw that too. Fortunately, my Debit master card worked. You should try it.
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:06am On Jan 15, 2020
Any one going to Prince Edward Island university or lives there ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dguyindcorner(m): 11:37am On Jan 15, 2020
Chaniel:

Follow them up o, as a matter of fact, I am experiencing the same issue with Conestoga college. The level of nonchalance is alarming. Mine is 10 weeks now.

In my last message to them, I told them I will proceed to tag Canadian government officials on social media with my complaint if they don't give me a definite timeline to issue the refund(The initial timeline they gave was 6-8 weeks). They moved the refund to a new stage the same day and later told me it will take an additional 2-4 weeks.

So don't wait at all, follow up.

I need you all help on the issue of refund from Conestoga.
I requested for submit about 3weeks ago. I did that on my student profile and I mailed them immediately. I was then asked to mail CIBC. CIBC sent me a refund request form to fill, where I filled my details including banking details.
Since then, I've not heard from them and no change on my profile.
Please how am I supposed to go about it?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by alowole: 12:24pm On Jan 15, 2020
Pls, I need someone good in Study plan/statement of Purpose reviewer.....

Pls, it is urgent

(1) (2) (3) ... (472) (473) (474) (475) (476) (477) (478) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.