Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,277 members, 7,811,820 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 08:20 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (491) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1019310 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nayo10(m): 10:23am On Jan 23, 2020
Good day guys, pls I have been following this trend for a while, I have a question to ask, recently got admission to a school in Canada for MBA program but my background is chemical engineering and I currently just finished an MSc in Nigeria in chemical engineering, do you guys think it is a red flag to the VO and how do you rate my chances on securing a Visa.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:12am On Jan 23, 2020
Help
Adetayoade1:
Sir please what documents can my uncle provide to file for visa as he is my main sponsor thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by unclepopo2(m): 11:19am On Jan 23, 2020
Good day guys, Good job so far ,I'm new here. I'm processing Thompson Rivers University (Tru) Canada.. please who has gotten admission into the university or knows so much about it? please I'll like to know everything about the university and the environment because the reviews i saw where not so good. thanks you so much guys
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adetunji001(m): 11:46am On Jan 23, 2020
Mudicua:
A very big lie... big one is what the agent is telling you.
My friend finished her masters 7 or 6 years ago, and is currently in Canada doing another masters.
That is all I am going to say!!

Wow proof. Thanks boss and to everyone on this thread who has refuted this claim.

Much appreciated y'all.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Meagainstenemy: 11:48am On Jan 23, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

Fanshawe has so many approved agents in Nigeria

Fanshawe will return your money for application once you get your visa. Make sure you get the list of agents directly from the school. Do not respond to any one that sends you a mail saying they are an agent from Fanshawe College.

There are many colleges in Ontario that don't use agents, with flexible payment options for tuition. You can try those colleges as well. All the best.

Thanks for the contributions...I sent an email to the address yesterday,no response yet.What if the visa application doesn't go through (God forbid),no refund right?

Lastly, do you have any idea of what the cost of the application and agent fee will be?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Meagainstenemy: 12:08pm On Jan 23, 2020
wildchild1:

Lol. I think my office (PFL Education) is the only approved agent in Nigeria. Send them a mail tho and see if there are other agents that you can use as our service is not free grin
Okay, thanks.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 12:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
Barseat:
Who is also expecting passport from vfs like me o
Nov 8 2019 application

Submitted passport jan10

Pls wait as they are checking the authenticity of your docs most especially your bank statements.. if you are truthful with all your docs den u need nothing to worry about.. either way, send a mail across to cic to ask how far and why the delay
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 12:14pm On Jan 23, 2020
tosiiNO:
Please can you refer me to it? Can't seem to find it

If you had a 2.2 or 3rd class, u can go ahead and do the pgd after which u move on to a masters.. I believe @naijaforeigner has briefed you on this before..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 12:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
nayo10:
Good day guys, pls I have been following this trend for a while, I have a question to ask, recently got admission to a school in Canada for MBA program but my background is chemical engineering and I currently just finished an MSc in Nigeria in chemical engineering, do you guys think it is a red flag to the VO and how do you rate my chances on securing a Visa.

It's a big red flag if u let the VO know u have a masters already or u incrude it in your application..yiu should have gone for a PhD instead.. my 2kobo is, don't include the masters u have gotten..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 12:36pm On Jan 23, 2020
Anon123:

Pls wait as they are checking the authenticity of your docs most especially your bank statements.. if you are truthful with all your docs den u need nothing to worry about.. either way, send a mail across to cic to ask how far and why the delay
I have nothing to be worried about concerning documents
But I applied for UK visa and traveled around jan 1 got back to the country jan 7th
But I didnt declare uk in my application coz I applied after I have submitted my Canada application
Hope I have no problem?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by unclepopo2(m): 1:39pm On Jan 23, 2020
please guy.......Good day guys, pls I have been following this trend for a while, I have a question to ask, recently got admission to a school in Canada for MBA program but my background is chemical engineering and I currently just finished an MSc in Nigeria in chemical engineering, do you guys think it is a red flag to the VO and how do you rate my chances on securing a Visa. [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 2:06pm On Jan 23, 2020
Many people dont get it, ....

The possibility of getting a visa when you finish university a long time reduces your chances but never said it "kills" your chances .

In physics , If 3 things out of 10 worked, it is assumed that the situation is not working.

I understand Nigerians with their "no-die-mentality", it works for them, but after beating them down to the ground.

Mudicua:
A very big lie... big one is what the agent is telling you.
My friend finished her masters 7 or 6 years ago, and is currently in Canada doing another masters.
That is all I am going to say!!

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
An MBA after a masters is a great improvement and achievement, go ahead.

They are somewhat expensive, Just show the ways you can afford to attend it.

Good luck.

nayo10:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 2:21pm On Jan 23, 2020
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 2:22pm On Jan 23, 2020
Elevation20:

Please how long does it take for MUN to start giving out admission letter? like an application that ended by January 15th.

Mine took 4months to get decision. It depends on your program. It varies
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 2:23pm On Jan 23, 2020
Mudicua:
Wish you same. Will send an email to you.
Please awaiting your response.
Thanks.
Done
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 2:27pm On Jan 23, 2020
Take Thompson rivers university to be like Federal University of ADO-EKITI, OYE. In Nigeria as a context.

What do you Expect?

Apart from the Friendliness of CANADA, to its international student, No one will be applying to any school there except maybe 2 or 3 universities in the entire CANADA, some schools in CANADA are rated number 12000 in the whole world, and that where we Nigerians go and pay $25000.

unclepopo2:
Good day guys, Good job so far ,I'm new here. I'm processing Thompson Rivers University (Tru) Canada.. please who has gotten admission into the university or knows so much about it? please I'll like to know everything about the university and the environment because the reviews i saw where not so good. thanks you so much guys

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by odinkaru: 3:12pm On Jan 23, 2020
Hello guys. My study permit got refused based on
*family ties in canada and country of residence
*personal assets and financial status.

Please I'll like to know how i can tackle both issue's. Who can help me understand what the problem is and how i can solve it.

Justmellow mcobex naijaforeigner qudkom .

Thank you

Document submitted

Proof of funds

Sister's bank statement
paystubs to show she earns over 100k$ per year
Data passport page to show she is a us citizen
Sponsor letter/affidavit which stated she has no dependent so she can comfortably provide for my fees
Tuition receipt for my first semester

Co-sponsor was my mum
Submitted her bank statement
paystubs to show she earns about 30k$ a year
sponsor letter/affidavit to show i am her last child and only dependent and can provide for my monthly living expenses

LOE
Picture showing i walked my sister down the aisle on her wedding
Birth certificate
Waec cert
Degree cert
CV & past letter of employment to show i have been working in the field i am going to study which is (supply chain)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Anon123: 3:28pm On Jan 23, 2020
unclepopo2:
please guy.......Good day guys, pls I have been following this trend for a while, I have a question to ask, recently got admission to a school in Canada for MBA program but my background is chemical engineering and I currently just finished an MSc in Nigeria in chemical engineering, do you guys think it is a red flag to the VO and how do you rate my chances on securing a Visa.

I just replied this exact question this morning..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samiattt: 3:55pm On Jan 23, 2020
odinkaru:

Please I'll like to know how i can tackle both issue's. Who can help me understand what the problem is and how i can solve it.

Thank you
I just got exactly the same refusal letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 4:17pm On Jan 23, 2020
Please is this your first refusal?
Samiattt:
I just got exactly the same refusal letter
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samiattt: 4:47pm On Jan 23, 2020
Anon123:

I just replied this exact question this morning..
i just checked I didn’t see can you pls send it again
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Samiattt: 4:48pm On Jan 23, 2020
nneteb:
Please is this your first refusal?
the second one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:54pm On Jan 23, 2020
odinkaru:

Thank you

You cannot get an in depth reason for refusal. You can only get default solutions to those refusals. When you list detailed documents you can get better advice's. On the contrary?
1. Where do you work plus salary?
2. Are you above the age of 27yrs and did you submit any personal financial documents.
3. What family documents did you provide
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:57pm On Jan 23, 2020
unclepopo2:
I'm always surprised when people check this reviews, bro I'm in Thompson Rivers university and the school is okay. The school is located in a small city though but if you want to start in a small city then it's the right choice for you. There are so many Nigerians here by the way.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 4:59pm On Jan 23, 2020
It's well, you will surely get approval, Don't think much.
Samiattt:
the second one

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by nneteb(f): 5:00pm On Jan 23, 2020
Please let connect ....
Qudkom:

I'm always surprised when people check this reviews, bro I'm in Thompson Rivers university and the school is okay. The school is located in a small city though but if you want to start in a small city then it's the right choice for you. There are so many Nigerians here by the way.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by odinkaru: 5:20pm On Jan 23, 2020
Qudkom:

You cannot get an in depth reason for refusal. You can only get default solutions to those refusals. When you list detailed documents you can get better advice's. On the contrary?
1. Where do you work plus salary?
2. Are you above the age of 27yrs and did you submit any personal financial documents.
3. What family documents did you provide

1. I am currently out of a job (quit middle of last year)
2. I am exactly 27 years and i submitted my bank statement. Which had a balance of about 120k and inflow and outflow of about 2 million over 6 months
2. I didn't provide family documents. I just stated in Sop. That i had 6 siblings i was close to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 5:40pm On Jan 23, 2020
APPLY FOR GCMNOTES immediately, ...

You will be surprised you left out a single letter to back up a particular statement. Take am easy.

odinkaru:

Thank you

Document submitted

Proof of funds

Sister's bank statement
paystubs to show she earns over 100k$ per year
Data passport page to show she is a us citizen
Sponsor letter/affidavit which stated she has no dependent so she can comfortably provide for my fees
Tuition receipt for my first semester

Co-sponsor was my mum
Submitted her bank statement
paystubs to show she earns about 30k$ a year
sponsor letter/affidavit to show i am her last child and only dependent and can provide for my monthly living expenses

LOE
Picture showing i walked my sister down the aisle on her wedding
Birth certificate
Waec cert
Degree cert
CV & past letter of employment to show i have been working in the field i am going to study which is (supply chain)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 5:41pm On Jan 23, 2020
A little advise.... "reduce the sponsors to just a "sponsor"...

E don tire this white people too.

odinkaru:

1. I am currently out of a job (quit middle of last year)
2. I am exactly 27 years and i submitted my bank statement. Which had a balance of about 120k and inflow and outflow of about 2 million over 6 months
2. I didn't provide family documents. I just stated in Sop. That i had 6 siblings i was close to.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AlFath(m): 6:07pm On Jan 23, 2020
Good evening everyone,
All praises is due to Allah.
I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has been of help on this platform, principally; Naijaforeigner, Qudkom, Frank, JustMellow and others.
My Refusal Letter is loading, I just received a BVL without medical. I applied on the 18th of November 2019, this is the 2nd refusal.
For those awaiting decisions, I pray that it will surely end in praises (Ameen).
For anybody that intends to go for upfront medical by January, kindly send me a PM, the date of my appointment is Thursday, the 30th of January, 2020.
Only God Almighty knows best.
Thanks.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 6:44pm On Jan 23, 2020
Don't be quick to reapply this time, Order for GCMnotes,

-Provide the documents submitted first/second time.

We can start from there.

AlFath:
Good evening everyone,
All praises is due to Allah.
I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has been of help on this platform, principally; Naijaforeigner, Qudkom, Frank, and others.
My Refusal Letter is loading, I just received a BVL without medical. I applied on the 18th of November 2019, this is the 2nd refusal.
For those awaiting decisions, I pray that it will surely end in praises (Ameen).
For anybody that intends to go for upfront medical by January, kindly reach me on luqman.ibrahim@yahoo.com the date of my appointment is Thursday, the 30th of January, 2020.
Only God Almighty knows best.
Thanks.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (488) (489) (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.