Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,839 members, 7,810,231 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:12 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (493) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018650 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Laurendee: 1:03pm On Jan 24, 2020
dheehour:
You don't need GRE or IELTS to get into LSCM(University of Windsor)....It is waived for Nigerians.

Okay thank you. I’ll start my application for winter 2021 then.

How long did it take before your admission offer was given to you by university of Windsor after submitting all the requirements?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by RealTrump: 1:16pm On Jan 24, 2020
Dharmonisa:
I have been following this page for a while now..I am torn in between applying for grad school and applying for post grad diploma. I graduated with a cgpa of 3.52 .which falls under 2.8/4.0 or 3.0/4.33. .not up to the 3.0 widely acxepted. Reading the threads here it's hard getting Visa with a Bsc and applying for post graduate diploma..is there any school I can apply to that accepts 2.8 gpa..pls help

grin grin
Your GPA is at least 3.2 over 4.0.

My guy done kill himself for nothing. cheesy
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nadheer15: 1:59pm On Jan 24, 2020
Guys please how's the Biomedical Engineering in Canada? Job prospects?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 2:14pm On Jan 24, 2020
Dear Nadheer15,

Kindly do your research in indeed.ca and linkedin.ca

I hope this help.

Nadheer15:
Guys please how's the Biomedical Engineering in Canada? Job prospects?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 2:21pm On Jan 24, 2020
Dear Dharmonisa,

Don't kill yourself by yourself, apply for pgc/d and move on. Never you dwell on what you can't change for now.

The feedback I have gotten from Canada Pgc/d are having high employment rate compare to master graduate.

Thanks

Dharmonisa:
I have been following this page for a while now..I am torn in between applying for grad school and applying for post grad diploma. I graduated with a cgpa of 3.52 .which falls under 2.8/4.0 or 3.0/4.33. .not up to the 3.0 widely acxepted. Reading the threads here it's hard getting Visa with a Bsc and applying for post graduate diploma..is there any school I can apply to that accepts 2.8 gpa..pls help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by legionnaire(m): 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2020
Please house where can I see format for a Letter of Explanation?

Your contributions will be highly appreciated.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 2:59pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hadedee:
Good day. please I would like someone to put me through how to do online route application... and please how do you sincerely fill the 10 years employment part in the form?
kindly please assist with this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:08pm On Jan 24, 2020
AlFath:
Good evening everyone,
All praises is due to Allah.
I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has been of help on this platform, principally; Naijaforeigner, Qudkom, Frank, JustMellow and others.
My Refusal Letter is loading, I just received a BVL without medical. I applied on the 18th of November 2019, this is the 2nd refusal.
For those awaiting decisions, I pray that it will surely end in praises (Ameen).
For anybody that intends to go for upfront medical by January, kindly send me a PM, the date of my appointment is Thursday, the 30th of January, 2020.
Only God Almighty knows best.
Thanks.

Hello AlFath,

If Canada is your dream, don't relent. Plan ahead and reafire.

All the best

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:28pm On Jan 24, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Thank you very much sir I really appreciate
About the landed properties is it okay to submit my father's own instead , though my uncle is the one providing me with the total funds I will be needing
Yes submit your property papers, it will serve as part of your hometie/personal asset

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:35pm On Jan 24, 2020
Thank you sir I appreciate
mcobex:
Yes submit your property papers, it will serve as part of your hometie/personal asset
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kennyg101: 3:36pm On Jan 24, 2020
Pls as a graduate, which canadian immigration program can you advice?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 3:50pm On Jan 24, 2020
odinkaru:
Hello guys. My study permit got refused based on
*family ties in canada and country of residence
*personal assets and financial status.

Please I'll like to know how i can tackle both issue's. Who can help me understand what the problem is and how i can solve it.

Justmellow mcobex naijaforeigner qudkom .

Thank you

Document submitted

Proof of funds

Sister's bank statement
paystubs to show she earns over 100k$ per year
Data passport page to show she is a us citizen
Sponsor letter/affidavit which stated she has no dependent so she can comfortably provide for my fees
Tuition receipt for my first semester

Co-sponsor was my mum
Submitted her bank statement
paystubs to show she earns about 30k$ a year
sponsor letter/affidavit to show i am her last child and only dependent and can provide for my monthly living expenses

LOE
Picture showing i walked my sister down the aisle on her wedding
Birth certificate
Waec cert
Degree cert
CV & past letter of employment to show i have been working in the field i am going to study which is (supply chain)

Hello Odinkaru,

Despite the recent delays in getting the gcms notes, I think you should still request for it. Most times, just submitting only documents without the VOs having an understanding of may not be helpful when they are scrutinizing an application.

In your next application, build your application by connecting any documents submitted to explain how it would help your application.

Irrespective of having two refusal reasons doesn't exempt the fact that there may be other concerns attached to it. You should work on;

1. If you have work experience or working, you should be able to show your personal bank statemwnt. If the closing balance is low, you can build it by getting your sponsor to transfer your LE into it. Also, include any documents that attest for your source of funds.

2. If you haven't pay for your tuition fees, try to pay at least for the first semester this time. However, paying of tuition fees is a guarantee for an approval but it could go a long way to also help your application. It all depends on the VO scrutinizing your application.

3. Include any document that can show a standing in your community whether economically, socially, and culturally.

4. Ensure that your study plan connects all your points or explanations.

5. Don't try to impress the VO and build your application with the documents at your disposal. Hence, be truthful.

6. You can use your parent's properties, business, investment etc to connect your return back home, especially if you don't have your own personal landed properties.

7. Do you have side hustles and you can show evidence, do well to included it.

8. Assess your situation properly before starting to gather the neccessary documents. Not all documents that you think are relevant might be required for your application.

9. Lastly, the most important thing is thinking outside the box to put in a unique application.

All the best.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 4:06pm On Jan 24, 2020
AlFath:
Good evening everyone,
All praises is due to Allah.
I want to say a big thank you to everyone that has been of help on this platform, principally; Naijaforeigner, Qudkom, Frank, JustMellow and others.
My Refusal Letter is loading, I just received a BVL without medical. I applied on the 18th of November 2019, this is the 2nd refusal.
For those awaiting decisions, I pray that it will surely end in praises (Ameen).
For anybody that intends to go for upfront medical by January, kindly send me a PM, the date of my appointment is Thursday, the 30th of January, 2020.
Only God Almighty knows best.
Thanks.

This is so disheartening. I feel so sorry. But I want to encourage you not to give up so easily. If you are determined to travel abroad for any reason via any route, kindly keep courage and also try other countries. As for this Canada, try it again but this time try it along side with another country.
You own visa too will come one day.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by odinkaru: 5:21pm On Jan 24, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Odinkaru,

Despite the recent delays in getting the gcms notes, I think you should still request for it. Most times, just submitting only documents without the VOs having an understanding of may not be helpful when they are scrutinizing an application.

In your next application, build your application by connecting any documents submitted to explain how it would help your application.

Irrespective of having two refusal reasons doesn't exempt the fact that there may be other concerns attached to it. You should work on;

1. If you have work experience or working, you should be able to show your personal bank statemwnt. If the closing balance is low, you can build it by getting your sponsor to transfer your LE into it. Also, include any documents that attest for your source of funds.

2. If you haven't pay for your tuition fees, try to pay at least for the first semester this time. However, paying of tuition fees is a guarantee for an approval but it could go a long way to also help your application. It all depends on the VO scrutinizing your application.

3. Include any document that can show a standing in your community whether economically, socially, and culturally.

4. Ensure that your study plan connects all your points or explanations.

5. Don't try to impress the VO and build your application with the documents at your disposal. Hence, be truthful.

6. You can use your parent's properties, business, investment etc to connect your return back home, especially if you don't have your own personal landed properties.

7. Do you have side hustles and you can show evidence, do well to included it.

8. Assess your situation properly before starting to gather the neccessary documents. Not all documents that you think are relevant might be required for your application.

9. Lastly, the most important thing is thinking outside the box to put in a unique application.

All the best.

Thank you. Ordered for my Gcms notes as soon as i got the rejection yesterday.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 5:43pm On Jan 24, 2020
Not Entirely/practically true.

Depends on the area, of specialization.

Business Development ----- YES

Management---- YES

Construction ---- YES

Canada is encroaching barren land and sites with Massive effort

But applying for Certification is duly Expensive, Normal Masters could be around 7k-15k, at a reasonable school, while certification alone for a program like mentioned above could be around 20k-50k, they know the worth and they certify you based on Canadian perspective and experience, that immediately blends you in if you intend to stay back.

dekere:
Dear Dharmonisa,

Don't kill yourself by yourself, apply for pgc/d and move on. Never you dwell on what you can't change for now.

The feedback I have gotten from Canada Pgc/d are having high employment rate compare to master graduate.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 6:02pm On Jan 24, 2020
Do you know what uniformity does to your application? it makes it appear ordinary!!!
If you sound like the person that was rejected , You risk been rejected, if you sound like someone that was approved, you get to be re-read times again.

Be unique, write it anyhow!

like it said LOE, letter of explanation, Oga, your situation no fit be the same thing with another person...

You can start with....

This whole Canada Application has been a totally new experience for me and.......

legionnaire:
Please house where can I see format for a Letter of Explanation?

Your contributions will be highly appreciated.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 6:45pm On Jan 24, 2020
Didnt you just apply this January? Did they review your application and reject it in 2 weeks? Was this a paper application?

odinkaru:
Hello guys. My study permit got refused based on

Please I'll like to know how i can tackle both issue's. Who can help me understand what the problem is and how i can solve it.

Justmellow mcobex naijaforeigner qudkom .

Thank you

Document submitted

Proof of funds

Sister's bank statement
paystubs to show she earns over 100k$ per year
Data passport page to show she is a us citizen
Sponsor letter/affidavit which stated she has no dependent so she can comfortably provide for my fees
Tuition receipt for my first semester

Co-sponsor was my mum
Submitted her bank statement
paystubs to show she earns about 30k$ a year
sponsor letter/affidavit to show i am her last child and only dependent and can provide for my monthly living expenses

LOE
Picture showing i walked my sister down the aisle on her wedding
Birth certificate
Waec cert
Degree cert
CV & past letter of employment to show i have been working in the field i am going to study which is (supply chain)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:31pm On Jan 24, 2020
New Brunswick community college is it advisable to apply for the school ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dekere: 9:26pm On Jan 24, 2020
Yes its a cheap college, however be prepared because that are very few PT jobs.

blackchild09:
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Laurendee: 9:49pm On Jan 24, 2020
Please for a 2 year masters program with 4 terms, will one need to have the tuition of all four terms(40k CAD)and one year living expenses in ones account with very good cash inflow and outflow before applying for the study permit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimmsyyetty: 10:02pm On Jan 24, 2020
Good evening house. Pls I would like to ask these questions on behalf of my cousin sister who now wants to apply for study visa but I need assistance from gurus in the house.

She got admission offer in December, 2019 at centennial college for spring intake. She applied for a year culinary skills program (catering related) . Meanwhile, she graduated 2009 in applied Physics but has eventually switched her career to catering. Her catering business is likewise registered in 2016. Her dad who retired a long time ago will be sponsoring her. He just disposed one of his inherited properties, so he has more than enough in his account to sponsor her even though he has not been running his account before now because he is retired. The sudden cash he received from the sales of his property is what he wants to use as his account statement, coupled with his affidavit and letter of support. Also my cousin just clocked another new age this January, in fact, she is in her early thirties, single, and also doesn't have a good cash flow in her account for the past 6 months.

Pls, with all these complex issues, how do we begin her application towards a successful one. They intend looking for agents but I told them not to for now that they should give me some few days to make enquiries on her behalf from some of my ogas on nairaland

Pls help a family.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimmsyyetty: 10:18pm On Jan 24, 2020
Laurendee:
Please for a 2 year masters program with 4 terms, will one need to have the tuition of all four terms(40k CAD)and one year living expenses in ones account before applying for the study permit?

It's highly essential to have enough fund that will cover your first year tuition fee and living expenses before you apply, but if u can demonstrate genuinely that you have enough funds that can cover you throughout your entire program, it may place you on a better edge.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sharpsharp: 11:04pm On Jan 24, 2020
dekere:
Yes its a cheap college, however be prepared because that are very few PT jobs.

Do you know anyone there, are you presently there or have you been there?
Thanks for the info.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 11:33pm On Jan 24, 2020
blackchild09:
They have a non refundable acceptance deposit*** what program do you want
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 11:35pm On Jan 24, 2020
Any one knows about Holland college here ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by kemer007(f): 11:36pm On Jan 24, 2020
Hello all,Please need advise on my brother’s application.
He is 19 years going for an undergraduate degree. Application refused today based on :-

Applied Online : November 23,2019
Biometrics done: November 26,2019
Biometrics Validity Letter: January 24,2020
Refusal notice: January 24,2020

I want him to reapply so need advise on what to do.His admission is still valid till September 2020.

Documents submitted
Admission letter
Application forms
Sponsor letter (He offered him a scholarship which he has been doing for other students for years) stated my brother is akin to a son)
Sponsors SOA,Balance was 21M.and has good turn over.
We didn’t pay any tuition yet as it wasn’t required.

Thinking of reapplying next month so he can meet up with May entry if issued.How do we get it right this time?please help.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:35am On Jan 25, 2020
arebanmenjoy:
Good morning all, please I need your contribution.

Does anyone have know the cost for police character clearance?

Thanks in anticipation.

POLICE CHARACTER CERTIFICATE

Address: Central Criminal Registry Force C.I.D. Annex Alagbon Close Ikoyi Lagos, Nigeria

Cost : N3,000

It will end in praises

7 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:39am On Jan 25, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Any one knows about Holland college here ?

Holland College is a small college situated at Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, Canada with low employment prospects within the province. Since you're seeking for advanced knowledge with the intention to stay back after studies, why not go for good colleges in Ontario like Centennial College, Conestoga College, Humber College etc.. If you seek my opinion, I feel it's not a reasonable idea going to PEI.

It will end in praises.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Awoade: 12:41am On Jan 25, 2020
@frankrobbn1

Hi sir, I’d need some advice based on my application. I’ve been been offered admission at a college in Calgary for the Fall 2020 session, I have paid the tuition deposit so I decided to start the visa application online sometime in November last year (2019) and all seemed to be going pretty well till I got a denial on the 23rd January 2020, before I could get to do medicals, reasons being;
- family ties in Canada and home country
- purpose of visit

Submitted;
Admission Letter
All application forms
SOP
Sponsor Letter with over 40M balance

I’d really appreciate some advice as I’d like to reapply very soon.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:46am On Jan 25, 2020
kemer007:
Hello all,Please need advise on my brother’s application.
He is 19 years going for an undergraduate degree. Application refused today based on :-

Applied Online : November 23,2019
Biometrics done: November 26,2019
Biometrics Validity Letter: January 24,2020
Refusal notice: January 24,2020

I want him to reapply so need advise on what to do.His admission is still valid till September 2020.

Documents submitted
Admission letter
Application forms
Sponsor letter (He offered him a scholarship which he has been doing for other students for years) stated my brother is akin to a son)
Sponsors SOA,Balance was 21M.and has good turn over.
We didn’t pay any tuition yet as it wasn’t required.

Thinking of reapplying next month so he can meet up with May entry if issued.How do we get it right this time?please help.

I regret to hear your younger brother's study visa was rejected. Before I can come into your brother's case, permit me to quickly chip in these questions,

- What kind of scholarship is this? and
- How is this sponsor related to your brother?.
- Where you able to show link b/w the two persons?
- Did you include any proof of history or ongoing financial support from this sponsor to the applicant?

Provide answers to these few questions and I'll know how best to advise you so as to attain a successful re-application.

Also be advised that payment of upfront tuition fees is NOT a prerequisite for a visa approval. Hence, it's not advisable to pay if the school doesn't require you to do so.

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 12:53am On Jan 25, 2020
Awoade:
@frankrobbn1

Hi sir, I’d need some advice based on my application. I’ve been been offered admission at a college in Calgary for the Fall 2020 session, I have paid the tuition deposit so I decided to start the visa application online sometime in November last year (2019) and all seemed to be going pretty well till I got a denial on the 23rd January 2020, before I could get to do medicals, reasons being;
- family ties in Canada and home country
- purpose of visit

Submitted;
Admission Letter
All application forms
SOP
Sponsor Letter with over 40M balance

I’d really appreciate some advice as I’d like to reapply very soon.

So so sorry to hear your Study Visa was delayed based on the aforementioned reasons.

The profile you shared is not well-detailed, please can you provide me with the following information.

1-) What's your proposed program of study in Canada?
2-) Who was your sponsor?
3-) What was your undergraduate studies?
4-) What is your current job role?
5-) What are your home ties to Nigeria? Can you give me a head ups on the type of documents you submitted to ascertain that you will undoubtedly return home after studies.

Your ability to provide these information will enable me have a clearer picture on what went wrong with your application and thus advise you appropriately for a successful re-application.

It will end in praises.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 1:04am On Jan 25, 2020
To some reasonable extent master degree graduates rarely find jobs measurable with their degree unlike Nigeria that Job advert requires you to have masters, in Canada its only in the educational sector that requires masters degree. Confirm from indeed.ca most of the advert requires diploma, certificate and atmost B.sc degree.

I can list 5 Nigerians in K-W area that graduated from masters programs that are not working with their result.

Please Nigerians pgc/d programs graduates are changing jobs because they have hand on skills from the colleges which employers are looking for not degrees.

Talking from experiences.

vibrant99:
Not Entirely/practically true.

Depends on the area, of specialization.

Business Development ----- YES

Management---- YES

Construction ---- YES

Canada is encroaching barren land and sites with Massive effort

But applying for Certification is duly Expensive, Normal Masters could be around 7k-15k, at a reasonable school, while certification alone for a program like mentioned above could be around 20k-50k, they know the worth and they certify you based on Canadian perspective and experience, that immediately blends you in if you intend to stay back.

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (490) (491) (492) (493) (494) (495) (496) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 78
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.