Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,460 members, 7,816,079 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:58 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (508) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1022072 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:48pm On Feb 03, 2020
Blema111:

I was approved since August last year. My visa came out three weeks later after deadline to resume so I deferred to sept 2020. Na work I dey do. It’s good to hear from you.

Work get levels. Okay, I understand. You dey paint town red on a low.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 6:53pm On Feb 03, 2020
Beamer007:

I'm very sorry for disturbing you. Please can you send the link to the sponsor page of this thread.

https://www.nairaland.com/2367106/travelling-canada-part-8/25#34710434

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Faith243: 7:01pm On Feb 03, 2020
hotboss:

CONGRATULATIONS. Please which program did you apply for.. bcz I'm still waiting for decision for my application for spring/summer starting in May.

I applied for Msc Statistics
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 7:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Canhopeful:
Hi JustMellow,

I'm sorry for the incomplete information. Yes, the letter of introduction is for visa application. I gained admission with full funding into an MSc program at the University of British Columbia.

I am a university lecturer and would like to use the letter of introduction as proof of current employment status stating my job roles and salary/annum. But I do not want my HoD to know my plans until I secure a visa.

I will be due for a study leave in June this year but cannot wait till then.

Hello Canhopeful,

That letter you are about to collect is an integral part of your application as it stands now. Why do I say this: with your full funding and job role as a lecturer, your application is already colourful. The letter here covers two aspect from your employment info to home ties (or a separate letter can be endorsed by the department for this purpose about upgrading your position etc). The tone of the letter is the real deal and some how, you should try to get it addressed to a specific audience.

However, I understand your view. You can as well decide to go with the vague addressing system, but I only spoke from my own viewpoint.

All the best sir/ma'am
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 7:28pm On Feb 03, 2020
Obehi44:

Na work you de do?
Are you already in Canada?

Nooo I’m still in Nigeria...

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by loba18: 7:38pm On Feb 03, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Loba18,

You paid for an admission letter, from who and how?

Someone in Canada do the process for me.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Faith243: 8:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
Qudkom:

You have to find a way to plug those loopholes to boost your chances. You most likely don't have issues with, purpose of visit and finance. But finance and personal asset, home ties* can be a serious let down. You need to start by showing good accountability of your activities right from your undergraduate Years followed by a way to shoe that you've been actively evolved in developing your self both intellectually and work experience.

Thank you. How helpful can a letter of recommendation be from my ppa. I also got a part time job as a customer care representative.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Frankrobbn1: 8:31pm On Feb 03, 2020
Strongwind1960:
Pls boss Mr Frank how do I reach u sir pls, I just got a correspondence letter from Canada I guess is denial, pls how can we tok I need ure urgent help sir.

Strongwind1960:
Oga boss pls i will like to tok to u pls boss, my email is meletiushackett@gmail.com.

Strongwind1960:
Plz someone should help me and reach out to Frankoob I really need his help pls

Here I am. How may I be of help please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jessssycca: 8:33pm On Feb 03, 2020
Faith243:

My friend got her visa last year without an employment letter....Don’t be scared to apply as the VO can see that you are just fresh out of NYSC....Just write a good SOP and show him that you are indeed a bonafide student...Success!
Thank you. How helpful can a letter of recommendation be from my ppa. I also got a part time job as a customer care representative.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 8:56pm On Feb 03, 2020
Qudkom:

Documents you need from your employer;
1. Employment letter
2. Letter of introduction
3. Pay slips
4. Promotion letters*
5. Leave approval letter
6. ID card
7. Precious employment letter if you have etc...

P.s: most don't submit all and still get approved.

Thank you so very much sir. I appreciate your contribution. My question hasn't been fully answered sir,

Is it compulsory that my employer should mention that I will have my job after studies. I have only been with the company for about two years.

Please help me answer this question everyone,
Is just a leave letter or leave approval sufficient?

Or the letter must mention that I will have a job after I am done studying.
Thank you everyone
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 9:00pm On Feb 03, 2020
Canhopeful:
Hi JustMellow,

I'm sorry for the incomplete information. Yes, the letter of introduction is for visa application. I gained admission with full funding into an MSc program at the University of British Columbia.

I am a university lecturer and would like to use the letter of introduction as proof of current employment status stating my job roles and salary/annum. But I do not want my HoD to know my plans until I secure a visa.

I will be due for a study leave in June this year but cannot wait till then.

Dear Canhopeful, I sincerely hope you will reply my message, please.

I applied to UBC too and I haven't heard from them since November. May I know your department and how you are able to get the funding opportunity.

Thank you and I hope you get an experienced based response to your query.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 9:41pm On Feb 03, 2020
Hi guys
I got a passport request on jan 3rd
Submitted my passport jan 10th
I'm still yet to receive any update since then

Its 3 weeks already
I noticed last week gtb sent me exactly the statement of acc I used in my application 2019, exact month and dates, when I called them they said i should ignore it....but I dont think its a mistake
I believe there as been some verifications

I'm really dying of curiosity here
Need my passport back jaree

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by AyoitsMub(m): 9:50pm On Feb 03, 2020
zeb04:
Hey guys i just got admission to manitoba for my masters, currently in the process of applying for visa.

So my dad is going to give me a loan of 10m from his company.

1)Pls, should he pay it into my account or not yet

2) what documents do i need to submit in regards to this loan?

Also i am a little confuse, is study visa different from the main visa? In other words, do i apply for study visa first, then get another visa before i travel?

Thanks guys

Please what program did you apply for? And have you gotten approved by the FGS? I'm still waiting for a feedback from them.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 9:57pm On Feb 03, 2020
You need your passport back For what oga?

Abi you should say you need you Visa on Your passport, did you use a forged Statement or something is fishy?

Take am easy my brother

Barseat:
Hi guys

Its 3 weeks already
I noticed last week gtb sent me exactly the statement of acc I used in my application 2019, exact month and dates, when I called them they said i should ignore it....but I dont think its a mistake

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Faith243: 9:59pm On Feb 03, 2020
[quote author=Jessssycca post=86351748][/quote]

Thanks alot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 10:11pm On Feb 03, 2020
vibrant99:
You need your passport back For what oga?

Abi you should say you need you Visa on Your passport, did you use a forged Statement or something is fishy?
Take am easy my brother

I never used anything fraudulent lol
I used all d documents to even apply for UK tourist visa
And I got it
Yes I need my visa to explore to or more countries before heading to canada finally

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 10:51pm On Feb 03, 2020
Good evening house , please as it is that I have my uncle as my sponsor ...does he state his reason for sponsoring me in his letter is support / sponsorship ?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 12:41am On Feb 04, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Thanks boss, pls boss I would like to talk to u privately for an advise boss, pls bro.. B4 then let me gv u my timeline.
Applied on the 21st December.
Biometrics 30th
Correspondence letter on the 3rd Feb.
Have not gotten the decision or reason yet but I know it's gonna b denial since correspondence letter came b4 medical request.
Program : PGC
School : Conestoga College
Documents submitted are:

Letter of admission
Police character certificate
Affidavit from mum(sponsor)
6months SOA 8.8mil
Passport
Digital photo
All cic documents
Statement of purpose
Receipt of my tuition deposit
Program tuition is 16,855.44cad dollars
I didn't submit any of my academic documents, thought it was not necessary
Letter of introduction (I work as intern network administrator/IT support officer) studied computer engineering.
The course I was given for PGC program at Conestoga is : Applied network infrastructure and system administration.

Plz boss I would love to speak to u even after ure correction pls bro.. My mail is hackettuzochi74@gmail.com

Pls Mr Frankoob pls i need your advise and will be much happier to speak wt u as their are private informations I would love to share wt u big bro.

Here I am. How may I be of help please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by juliouze: 2:01am On Feb 04, 2020
jteena:
Uni of sask, Alberta, Calgary.memorial Newfoundland,guelph ..depending on your course though.
Uni of Regina requires Wes evaluation for only applied sciences and education...Google is your friend as well. goodluck
Thanks abunch bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:11am On Feb 04, 2020
Phatkayconcept:

Thank you so very much sir. I appreciate your contribution. My question hasn't been fully answered sir,

Is it compulsory that my employer should mention that I will have my job after studies. I have only been with the company for about two years.

Please help me answer this question everyone,
Is just a leave letter or leave approval sufficient?

Or the letter must mention that I will have a job after I am done studying.
Thank you everyone
Leave letter on a default show the date you're required to be back on duty. Which should be a month after your program elapses in Canada.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by emeify1: 5:06am On Feb 04, 2020
So this was not an updated statement, just the exact dates u submitted? I thought someone said on this forum that the bank gives updated statements to the embassy? Maybe they dont, based in yr experience?

Barseat:
Hi guys

Its 3 weeks already

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 7:42am On Feb 04, 2020
Barseat:
Hi guys

Its 3 weeks already

It is normal for CIC to do a background check after passport request, so nothing to worry about (if your bank statement and other submitted documents are okay). They will surely send your stamped passport to you soon.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 7:44am On Feb 04, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Good evening house , please as it is that I have my uncle as my sponsor ...does he state his reason for sponsoring me in his letter is support / sponsorship ?
Yes he should (very important), also the exact amount he will be committing towards it

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 7:56am On Feb 04, 2020
Sir thank you very much ..something always gets me confused when you mean the exact amount, is it the amount for the whole program till I finish Like for instance if it costs 30k$ for the whole program is that what he is meant to say ?? OR if the program whole program is 30k$ can he say he will be investing 40k$ in my studies ? Thanks
mcobex:
Yes he should (very important), also the exact amount he will be committing towards it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 8:32am On Feb 04, 2020
mcobex:
It is normal for CIC to do a background check after passport request, so nothing to worry about (if your bank statement and other submitted documents are okay). They will surely send your stamped passport to you soon.

Okay thanks will stay positive
My documents are okay
Infact I used same documents to apply for UK tourist Visa and i got it
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 8:35am On Feb 04, 2020
emeify1:
So this was not an updated statement, just the exact dates u submitted? I thought someone said on this forum that the bank gives updated statements to the embassy? Maybe they dont, based in yr experience?

But in the new statement there is available bal
But the same dates I used during submission
I have actually withdrawn money from the acc o, I exchanged the money to dollars and saved it in my dad's dorm acc, to prepare myself down
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Canhopeful: 8:41am On Feb 04, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Canhopeful,

That letter you are about to collect is an integral part of your application as it stands now. Why do I say this: with your full funding and job role as a lecturer, your application is already colourful. The letter here covers two aspect from your employment info to home ties (or a separate letter can be endorsed by the department for this purpose about upgrading your position etc). The tone of the letter is the real deal and some how, you should try to get it addressed to a specific audience.

However, I understand your view. You can as well decide to go with the vague addressing system, but I only spoke from my own viewpoint.

All the best sir/ma'am

Hi JustMellow,

Thanks for the reply.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 9:17am On Feb 04, 2020
Barseat:

But in the new statement there is available bal
But the same dates I used during submission
I have actually withdrawn money from the acc o, I exchanged the money to dollars and saved it in my dad's dorm acc, to prepare myself down

I sincerely hope the money you withrawed is not highly significant. They may be interested in the current outlook of the account.

Whichever way, God will support your case.

(1) (2) (3) ... (505) (506) (507) (508) (509) (510) (511) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.