Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,416 members, 7,815,936 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 09:24 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (511) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1021888 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 1:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Any assistance ?
Adetayoade1:
Sir thank you very much ..something always gets me confused when you mean the exact amount, is it the amount for the whole program till I finish Like for instance if it costs 30k$ for the whole program is that what he is meant to say ?? OR if the program whole program is 30k$ can he say he will be investing 40k$ in my studies ? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GracefulG: 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
Piecoco:

You need a letter from your school, stated you are taught in English

Yes I actually emailed my school yesterday for that just incase . But I just hope it's not too late
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by GracefulG: 2:04pm On Feb 05, 2020
lonics:

How come,mine is not showing that. In the checklist,what is shown was
1. Transcripts
2. Reference 1
3. Reference 2
4. Confirmation of DEGREE.

Really? Mine's 5
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 2:28pm On Feb 05, 2020
Bayoerubami:
@Mcobex
@frankrobbn1
@Justmellow
@Naijaforeigner
@Austacus
@Makano
@Qudkom

SAVE MY SOUL �
Good day house I am a 19 year old fresh graduate from secondary school and I got an admission to university of Manitoba last year and I put in for my study visa application in November last year.

MY TIMELINE
Application online route through an agent -November 23
Biometrics -November 26
Biometrics validation letter -24 January
Refusal- 24 January
*based on family ties in Canada and home country
*based on financial assets and financial status

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
-Standardized Admission letter
-Complete application forms
-International passport data page
-Sponsorship letter from a politician with SOA ending balance at 21M and has good turn over

*sponsor is not related to me but my uncles friend whom he had known for 20 years and this was stated in the sponsorship letter.

*No form of commitment was made like transfer of funds to my account towards the scholarship.

*The sponsor stated that I am a beneficiary of his initiative as a way to giving back to community but didn’t state how I was chosen for the scholarship.

NB : No Letter of explanation was written

I will like to reapply this month because my admission is still valid til September 2020, please house how do I tackle this ?

Hmm a 19yr old flagged for PERSONAL ASSET AND FINANCE. firstly, you need a detailed letter of employment explanation outlining your future career goals in reference to the personal asset clause. I wish you had the resources to pay your tuition for one year tuition.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ayodeji786: 2:46pm On Feb 05, 2020
GracefulG:

Hi
I noticed in my checklist that in the box, out of other documents I submitted, there is proof of english proficiency. But when I was filing my application I filled that my first language is English and I skipped the proof of english part. So I dont know why the space is there. I thaught MUN doesnt need this for master's. Please should I be worried? Cause the gap is just empty there.

Did you not submit a notarized letter from your school saying you were taught in English or did your official transcript not have information like you were taught in English? if yes, please contact memorial university to lodge your complain.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat98: 2:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
Obehi44:

That is the verification that has been going on since last year. As long as you know you did not submit fake SOA, Just relax and wait for your passport stamped.
When did you apply and are you in Lagos?
I applied nov 3
I’m not in lagos o, not really worried sef canada just choosed to be mad with their verifications nii
I dnt blame them sha.....i used all my documents to apply for uk visitor visa and i got it
I was in london when i got my PPR
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat98: 2:56pm On Feb 05, 2020
Bayoerubami:
@Mcobex
@frankrobbn1
@Justmellow
@Naijaforeigner
@Austacus
@Makano
@Qudkom

SAVE MY SOUL �
Good day house I am a 19 year old fresh graduate from secondary school and I got an admission to university of Manitoba last year and I put in for my study visa application in November last year.

MY TIMELINE
Biometrics -November 26
Refusal- 24 January

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED
-Sponsorship letter from a politician with SOA ending balance at 21M and has good turn over

*sponsor is not related to me but my uncles friend whom he had known for 20 years and this was stated in the sponsorship letter.

*No form of commitment was made like transfer of funds to my account towards the scholarship.

*The sponsor stated that I am a beneficiary of his initiative as a way to giving back to community but didn’t state how I was chosen for the scholarship.

I will like to reapply this month because my admission is still valid til September 2020, please house how do I tackle this ?

I think you complicated the matter, Especially using your uncle’s politician friend
I’m also 19
And i applied to University of Manitoba
My dad is my sponsor and Am waiting to get my passport stamped and returned to me
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:36pm On Feb 05, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Sir thank you very much ..something always gets me confused when you mean the exact amount, is it the amount for the whole program till I finish Like for instance if it costs 30k$ for the whole program is that what he is meant to say ?? OR if the program whole program is 30k$ can he say he will be investing 40k$ in my studies ? Thanks
Normally you are supposed to show funds for at least the first year of your program, so if your sponsor is bringing 10k or whatever amount he/she should clearly state it in the letter of support (not just by saying "I will sponsor and cover all expenses related to his study while in Canada"wink. He should be specific
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:42pm On Feb 05, 2020
mautina05:
I want to start my application on Canadian travel visa. Anyone with a start up process?
Mautina05@gmail.com.
Thanks!
Okay Sir, while you are waiting for someone to send the process to your doorstep kindly read up from the first page. You are welcome

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cliqtips: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
Okay, I understand.

You can help with those... thank you
nochyks87:

Unfortunately, I cannot share my SOP and LOE with you due to plagiarism. But, I can a assist with the subheadings which would act as a guideline on what you will write. All cases are unique and different. Cheers
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
Oga Frankobbn1 pls i still need your response on the mail, I sent u lately pls boss.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 3:48pm On Feb 05, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

Thanks boss, pls boss I would like to talk to u privately for an advise boss, pls bro.. B4 then let me gv u my timeline.
Applied on the 21st December.
Biometrics 30th
Correspondence letter on the 3rd Feb.
Have not gotten the decision or reason yet but I know it's gonna b denial since correspondence letter came b4 medical request.
Program : PGC
School : Conestoga College
Documents submitted are:

Letter of admission
Police character certificate
Affidavit from mum(sponsor)
6months SOA 8.8mil
Passport
Digital photo
All cic documents
Statement of purpose
Receipt of my tuition deposit
Program tuition is 16,855.44cad dollars
I didn't submit any of my academic documents, thought it was not necessary
Letter of introduction (I work as intern network administrator/IT support officer) studied computer engineering.
The course I was given for PGC program at Conestoga is : Applied network infrastructure and system administration.
Up till now I have not gotten any response from cic, I don't know what the reason for denial might be.

Plz boss I would love to speak to u even after ure correction pls bro.. My mail is hackettuzochi74@gmail.com

Pls Mr Frankoob pls i need your advise and will be much happier to speak wt u as their are private informations I would love to share wt u big bro.

Pls Mr Frankobbn1, Qukdom and other pro pls i need your kind advise and response abs help.
God bless u guys for me.

Here I am. How may I be of help please.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:50pm On Feb 05, 2020
Thank you sir grin
mcobex:
Normally you are supposed to show funds for at least the first year of your program, so if your sponsor is bringing 10k or whatever amount he/she should clearly state it in the letter of support (not just by saying "I will sponsor and cover all expenses related to his study while in Canada"wink. He should be specific
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 3:51pm On Feb 05, 2020
Bayoerubami:
@Mcobex
@frankrobbn1
@Justmellow
@Naijaforeigner
@Austacus
@Makano
@Qudkom

SAVE MY SOUL �

MY TIMELINE
Biometrics -November 26
Refusal- 24 January

DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED

Personally I would advise you get your gcms note to know the exact reason behind the denial.
That said, I also think your sponsor showing commitment will go a long way to helping your case. Those two steps + a good SOP should do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 3:54pm On Feb 05, 2020
Why is no one replying to my own post?
Pls i need you guy's assistance pls.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 3:55pm On Feb 05, 2020
Another question sir if you don’t mind
A student applying to a college ( diploma ) is the SOP meant to be why you applied to that college and not go for a BSc or it’s meant to be generalized
mcobex:
Personally I would advise you get your gcms note to know the exact reason behind the denial.
That said, I also think your sponsor showing commitment will go a long way to helping your case. Those two steps + a good SOP should do
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:00pm On Feb 05, 2020
Strongwind1960:
What's your question?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:02pm On Feb 05, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Another question sir if you don’t mind
A student applying to a college ( diploma ) is the SOP meant to be why you applied to that college and not go for a BSc or it’s meant to be generalized
What is your highest qualification right now?
Every program have its own advantages, so play to the strength of the one you are going for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:12pm On Feb 05, 2020
This my story is complicated and my fault but still,I am applying to holland college for a diploma in business admin ...finished high school in 2015, went to a private school in Nigeria ( Babcock university) wasted my whole 4 years there cause of bad grades couldn’t graduate with my mates so I dropped out last year which was 2019 even if I say let me go back there I have lost the interest in schooling in Babcock.....now My father is not willing to spend an enormous amount on me since I messed up in Babcock that’s why I am applying for a diploma which he says he can afford to spend on me. I hope you get my point ?.
mcobex:
What is your highest qualification right now?
Every program have its own advantages, so play to the strength of the one you are going for
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ruben225571(m): 4:15pm On Feb 05, 2020
Good pm house, please this forum is not for visit visa thread but I need a quick response, I am pleading again, please you people shouldn’t be angry or upset at me!! Today making 68 days, which is 9 weeks and some days, and am still yet to get final decision from the Canada embassy!! The last update I get concerning my application was on the 15 of January, the day my biometric correspondence letter drop, since then, no update or news or what so ever ! Please, is the process change or something is wrong! Pls someone should share more light if you have ideas, Because am deeply confused and scared right now!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 4:20pm On Feb 05, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Any assistance ?
What I guess he means being specific is that, assuming your tuition for 1yr or even a semester has been paid, the sponsor should write something like this. “Apart from paying s/he tuition fees( see payment receipt attached), I have also set aside N0,000,000 ($00,000) to cover for his or her leaving expenses for one year, the remaining of the tuition fees and for any other expenses that may arise”

Make sure not to copy this words of mine like this oh, I am only trying to make you see how it will look like. And in the case where you haven’t paid any tuition fee, it means you will have to change the grammar but still be specific. Meanwhile you will have to solve the maths of LE + Tuition + extra = ...... and fix it where those money figures are, both in $ and Naira.
I hope this helps

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ruben225571:
Good pm house, please this forum is not for visit visa thread but I need a quick response, I am pleading again, please you people shouldn’t be angry or upset at me!! Today making 68 days, which is 9 weeks and some days, and am still yet to get final decision from the Canada embassy!! The last update I get concerning my application was on the 15 of January, the day my biometric correspondence letter drop, since then, no update or news or what so ever ! Please, is the process change or something is wrong! Pls someone should share more light if you have ideas, Because am deeply confused and scared right now!
I guess this your visa is not for study.
Nevertheless, your application is right inline and still within the processing time.
Though I don’t know how other visa type works, but I must ask you if you have done a medical along with your application and if it has been passed? Ans and I will guess what’s next
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:26pm On Feb 05, 2020
It really does this is what I needed to understand God bless you obehi44
Obehi44:

What I guess he means being specific is that, assuming your tuition for 1yr or even a semester has been paid, the sponsor should write something like this. “Apart from paying s/he tuition fees( see payment receipt attached), I have also set aside N0,000,000 ($00,000) to cover for his or her leaving expenses for one year, the remaining of the tuition fees and for any other expenses that may arise”

Make sure not to copy this words of mine like this oh, I am only trying to make you see how it will look like. And in the case where you haven’t paid any tuition fee, it means you will have to change the grammar but still be specific. Meanwhile you will have to solve the maths of LE + Tuition + extra = ...... and fix it where those money figures are, both in $ and Naira.
I hope this helps
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:38pm On Feb 05, 2020
Hello everyone... i am new on this space but really need your advice and impute with regards to masters and opportunity in Canada. I agree that this takes process, patience and prayers but while at it, i would appreciate your experience and input on the whats required for me to get an admission in Canada. I graduated with a cgpa Of 2.6 from the department Of Estate Management which i agree is low. i have 2 years of working experience in a reputable Real estate company in Nigeria. In addition i am in the process of attaining a Project management certification to add to my qualification. i have written no standardized test nor English test. but i am willing to if necessary although i rather not.

i am afraid with the little research i have carried out, i have limited chances with my low cgpa.

my questions are ?
1. should i be applying for a masters,pgd or diploma considering my cgpa?
2.what do i need to increase my chances of admission?
3. What schools should i be targeting ? Community schools or universities?

Many thanks as i look forward to your response on my concerns
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ruben225571(m): 4:45pm On Feb 05, 2020
Obehi44:

I guess this your visa is not for study.
Nevertheless, your application is right inline and still within the processing time.
Though I don’t know how other visa type works, but I must ask you if you have done a medical along with your application and if it has been passed? Ans and I will guess what’s next

Thanks for quick response and yes is not for study but visit!! I didn’t do medical because is not necessary and moreover visit visa didn’t require medical!! Please!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 4:47pm On Feb 05, 2020
Adetayoade1:
This my story is complicated and my fault but still,I am applying to holland college for a diploma in business admin ...finished high school in 2015, went to a private school in Nigeria ( Babcock university) wasted my whole 4 years there cause of bad grades couldn’t graduate with my mates so I dropped out last year which was 2019 even if I say let me go back there I have lost the interest in schooling in Babcock.....now My father is not willing to spend an enormous amount on me since I messed up in Babcock that’s why I am applying for a diploma which he says he can afford to spend on me. I hope you get my point ?.
Yes I get it now. Just try to talk more about the advantages of studying in a college(make it general)

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:53pm On Feb 05, 2020
Thank you sir
mcobex:
Yes I get it now. Just try to talk more about the advantages of studying in a college(make it general)
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 5:16pm On Feb 05, 2020
Phatkayconcept:
Hello everyone, I am having issues completing the Imm5707e form.

There is no space for siblings whatsoever. Does this means that siblings information are not to be included.

Also, I can't see the validate button, please do you go about filling this form?
I want to do online application.

Hi everyone, I am completing my app and I sincerely needs your help on this, please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 5:22pm On Feb 05, 2020
Strongwind1960:

Here is my question...

Thanks boss, pls boss I would like to talk to u privately for an advise boss, pls bro.. B4 then let me gv u my timeline.
Applied on the 21st December.
Biometrics 30th
Correspondence letter on the 3rd Feb.
Have not gotten the decision or reason yet but I know it's gonna b denial since correspondence letter came b4 medical request.
Program : PGC
School : Conestoga College
Documents submitted are:

Letter of admission
Police character certificate
Affidavit from mum(sponsor)
6months SOA 8.8mil
Passport
Digital photo
All cic documents
Statement of purpose
Receipt of my tuition deposit
Program tuition is 16,855.44cad dollars
I didn't submit any of my academic documents, thought it was not necessary
Letter of introduction (I work as intern network administrator/IT support officer) studied computer engineering.
The course I was given for PGC program at Conestoga is : Applied network infrastructure and system administration.
Up till now I have not gotten any response from cic, I don't know what the reason for denial might be.

Plz boss I would love to speak to u even after ure correction pls bro.. My mail is hackettuzochi74@gmail.com

Pls Mr Frankoob pls i need your advise and will be much happier to speak wt u as their are private informations I would love to share wt u big bro.

Pls Mr Frankobbn1, Qukdom and other pro pls i need your kind advise and response abs help.
God bless u guys for me.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 5:25pm On Feb 05, 2020
@ mcobex I just posted my question just now wt my username u will see it, don't really know how to use this platform very well yet.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 5:30pm On Feb 05, 2020
Ruben225571:

Thanks for quick response and yes is not for study but visit!! I didn’t do medical because is not necessary and moreover visit visa didn’t require medical!! Please!!
You see this is why i said I don’t know much about visit or any other visa type except study visa.
Nevertheless, by having a correspondent letter, it means a decision has been reached. So just be patient and prayerful and hope the decision is a favored one.
I wish you luck. It will end in praise.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 5:43pm On Feb 05, 2020
My eligibility review and background check just pop up after one week of submission (Paper route). ....is it normal?

(1) (2) (3) ... (508) (509) (510) (511) (512) (513) (514) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.