Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,654 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:57 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (514) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1021548 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Graceee: 6:29pm On Feb 06, 2020
Please o some help me with how medicals are done in IOM abuja.
walk in or appointment??
Please some one
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:46pm On Feb 06, 2020
Strongwind1960:

Good day everyone I just got my refusal today based on "family ties and purpose of visit", I will share the screenshot soon.
Pls if anyone here in this forum had similar rejection and later got his or her approval I will be glad to see how you responded to the refusal, God will bless you,and I also beg the gurus and nairalanders to help me best on how to reply the refusal in other to get it on my second application.
Here is my email address hackettuzochi74@gmail.com God bless you all.
Applied on the 21st December.
Biometrics 30th
Correspondence letter on the 3rd Feb.
Have not gotten the decision or reason yet but I know it's gonna b denial since correspondence letter came b4 medical request.
Program : PGC
School : Conestoga College
Documents submitted are:

Letter of admission
Police character certificate
Affidavit from mum(sponsor)
6months SOA 8.8mil
Passport
Digital photo
All cic documents
Statement of purpose
Receipt of my tuition deposit
Program tuition is 16,855.44cad dollars
I didn't submit any of my academic documents, thought it was not necessary
Letter of introduction (I work as intern network administrator/IT support officer) studied computer engineering.
The course I was given for PGC program at Conestoga is : Applied network infrastructure and system administration.

Pls Mr Frankoobn1 pls I will be glad if you reply my mail, God bless u.

Pls Guys your advice are highly needed.
Are you sure you are here to seek advice or just to type messages for people to see? You have been told what to do and you keep posting messages that won't lead you anywhere. ORDER FOR YOUR GCMS NOTE!!! Then come back with it so people here can assist you in analysing it.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 6:51pm On Feb 06, 2020
By appointment only.
Follow this step if u want to apply immediately.
To book an appointment, you are required to respond to this email with the following information for everyone that intends to do the test in CAPITAL LETTER

Case Number: IME/UCI/UMI number/Upfront (please indicate):
Visa type:
Full names: (as it appears in your International Passport, SURNAME FIRST)
Sex:
Date of birth:
Issued date of Passport:
Expiring date of Passport:
Suitable date (Monday to Thursday).The earliest appointment date is FEBRUARY 12th 2020 upwards excluding Fridays, weekends and Public Holidays.

ATTACH A SCANNED COPY(S) OF YOUR INTERNATIONAL PASSPORT DATA PAGE***

Kindly note the following;

You will be required to come along with your BANK TRANSFER RECEIPT, 1 passport photograph, original international passport (FOR UPFRONT MEDICALS), A photocopy of International Passport (For Applicants that have submitted their application and have an IME Number), and any available recent medical reports.
The whole medical process will take a minimum of Six (6) hours (this may vary due to unforeseen and unavoidable circumstances that may occur)
Your medical report will be forwarded within 3-5 working days by the Panel Physician to the Embassy via the E-medical platform upon completion of your medicals.
Note that you are not restricted from eating before coming for your medicals.
Kindly find attached our information sheet for Bank details and other necessary information.

If there is any additional information you would like to have, please do not hesitate to contact us.

N.B: As you are making a transfer, please remember to leave enough time for the payment to go through before the scheduled appointment and bring along clear evidence of payment (TRANSFER RECEIPT). It can take from 1 to 3 days for the funds to appear in the receiving account. Also note that we will SUBMIT YOUR CASE TO CIC only when your payment is confirmed.

Best regards.

cid:image009.png@01D320C6.06030130

ONUMAEMEZE MARYJANE

Progamme Assistance (MHAC)

The UN Migration Agency (IOM)

1 ISAAC JOHN STREET IKEJA GRA LAGOS

Mobile: +234 (0) 8022264059

Email;monumaemeze@iom.int
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 6:52pm On Feb 06, 2020
Adanna93:
Good morning. Please I need help.

I am applying to Macewan University, NAIT, and university of Alberta. These schools will definitely request for my transcript (from my high school and post secondary school) and my questions are:
1. Do I have to pay for each transcript sent to the schools?
2. Or is it possible to pay for my high school transcript + post secondary transcript just once and then have it sent to the schools?
Sorry to say, but this is between you and your previous schools. Go to your previous schools and discuss with those in charge on how to go about it(some schools charge you for one transcript then you pay courier fee to additional schools) , so ask from your previous schools.
No one here can give you a definite answer on that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 6:54pm On Feb 06, 2020
You can chat me here if you guys need any assistance on this. Because i have a friend at their Lagos office 07085740149. Please no calls
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Adanna93: 7:50pm On Feb 06, 2020
mcobex:
Sorry to say, but this is between you and your previous schools. Go to your previous schools and discuss with those in charge on how to go about it(some schools charge you for one transcript then you pay courier fee to additional schools) , so ask from your previous schools.
No one here can give you a definite answer on that

Thank you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by IloveCanada: 8:31pm On Feb 06, 2020
I want to know if there are others in McGill here. What do I do to process my study visa?

If you really got admission to McGill, you shouldn't be asking this kind of question. You should have RESEARCHED this forum in and out and asked very specific questions.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by eightyeight: 8:33pm On Feb 06, 2020
Careermama:
Good evening all, please I need help. I am 40 years old and intend to apply to one of the colleges for a diploma course. My friend told me my age will disqualify me. I have a degree already, 2 Masters degrees and ACCA. I started a school business recently and I just finished my PGDE because I did not have any degree in education prior to the PGDE. I was not satisfied with the way I was taught and would like to give the school international standard. I have some capable hands but I also want to understand the principle of Early Childhood Education indept. I have searched for the course in all the universities but seems it is only offered as a diploma course. The truth is I don't Intend to stay after graduation ( how do I prove this ?)

Please can my age disqualify me?
Thanks.
Hello why don't you write ielts and try the express entry route
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Careermama: 8:41pm On Feb 06, 2020
Thanks . I don't intend to relocate to canada.
eightyeight:

Hello why don't you write ielts and try the express entry route

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Strongwind1960: 9:02pm On Feb 06, 2020
mcobex:
Are you sure you are here to seek advice or just to type messages for people to see? You have been told what to do and you keep posting messages that won't lead you anywhere. ORDER FOR YOUR GCMS NOTE!!! Then come back with it so people here can assist you in analysing it.

OK thanks bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fratermathy(m): 9:03pm On Feb 06, 2020
IloveCanada:

I want to know if there are others in McGill here. What do I do to process my study visa?

If you really got admission to McGill, you shouldn't be asking this kind of question. You should have RESEARCHED this forum in and out and asked very specific questions.

Quite rude. If you're not in possession of the information I wanted, you would have simply ignored. Certain schools have peculiar procedures. My question had a context: McGill! Not Canada study visa!

By the way, I've gotten what I wanted.

3 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Honeypels: 9:17pm On Feb 06, 2020
hotboss:

New Brunswick. Mechanical. Twice.

Queens university mech *,mat

Manitoba biosystems Engineering ( since I think mech is hard to get)

Saskatchewan mech I think three times ( pre'qualification stage)

Dalhousie university. Twice..
First Mechanical
Second materials

Regina industrial systems

Since 2017. Was only able to get a college admission from conestoga..

Please why didn't you use the Conestoga admission?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by LecturerIFE: 11:30pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hi guys.

Asking for a friend. For peeps that applied to more than one school, did you have to send your transcript to each school separately? Or, did you have to evaluate your certificate with WES and then instruct WES to send the transcript/ECA to the schools?

Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jacktours: 11:39pm On Feb 06, 2020
Hello guys, I hold a bsc in architecture with a cgpa of 4.15 please can any one suggest some safe schools in Canada that will grant me admission easily with my cgpa, wher I can take msc in project management or any building related courses?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dellons: 12:18am On Feb 07, 2020
Please, is an Advance Diploma(fast track) program same as a diploma or a postgraduate diploma? The program I'm about to apply for is an advance diploma program and it requires that I must have completed an undergraduate program in a related field unlike a diploma program that requires post secondary result only. I sincerely wish to know if it is advisable to apply for the advance diploma or find another post graduate diploma program(have searched for that particular course in PGD but haven't seen any school offering the course in PGD). Please guys, I really need your input and advice on this matter.
Thanks and God bless.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Tinyemeka(m): 1:16am On Feb 07, 2020
juddytee:
Congratulations! It can only be God

LONG POST ALERT

Approval on 2nd application

Sponsor: Third-party (brother-in-law)
Ist degree: Industrial physics (2009) 3rd Class honours
Intended course: Post-secondary Diploma in Health Information Management
1st app : 6th April,2019
Refused : 21st May, 2019 based on travel history, purpose of visit and personal assets and financial status.

2nd app: 20th December,2019
Upfront medical passed: Jan 9th,2020
PPR: 4th Feburary, 2020.

My case was very sensitive because my degree and my intended program was not the same but my work experience was related to my intended program. In addition, I was not going for a PGD but a POST-SECONDARY DIPLOMA. I was strong-willed and stubborn as I went against the advice of many experienced people and reapplied with the same school and course while tackling the refusal reasons and believing in God to actualize my dreams.

Documents submitted:
All CIC forms
LOE (2 pages) and SOP(4 pages)
No police certificate
Birth certificate
Transcript
Nysc
Included Joint account bank statement(me and my wife) with 3.2 million naira balance
Tuition Deposit Receipt 1000CAD
Sponsorship letter
Third-party(brother-in-law) Sponsor's account with $350,000 balance. Sponsor did not transfer any funds to my account just a promise to pay my fees if study permit is granted.
Resume/CV
Study leave approval letter
Reference letter from current employer
Appointment letter
Confirmation letter
Pay slips
Reference letter from previous employment
Offer of appointment from previous employment .
Reference from Pension fund
Pension fund statement of account
Letter from my mom to CIC stating that she gifted me a property in 2012.
Included land property by deed of gift from my mother.
Affidavit of transfer of property.
Property valuation certificate (36 million naira).
Marriage certificate
Wedding picture( 1 copy)
Wife's birth certicate
Daughter's birth certificate
Sibling pictures of me and my eldest sister showing relationship with her husband.
My sister's birth certificate
My sister's marriage certificate
My sister's wedding pictures
My sister's American passport
My brother-in-law's American passport

Finally PLEASE FOLLOW YOUR HEART AND DO WHAT YOU FEEL INSIDE DESPITE THE RULES AND REGULATIONS. DO WHAT YOU CAN, DON'T GO OVER THE CLIFF TRYING TO GET WHAT YOU DON'T HAVE.

God will visit all applicants.

Congratulations chief!

Which school please?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Neephemy: 2:11am On Feb 07, 2020
Yes I got my visa despite having a graduate degree.

Ifesinachi22:

Am going for Dental Hygiene. Its just 18 months rigourous intensive study and training. Even on Saturdays. Only free day is on Sunday. 7am to 8pm every day.

Diploma is what is required. Bachelors is for academician.

If you just want to get your licence and practice, Diploma is what is required for licensure.
You only go further to complete your Degree and subsequently get your Masters if you want to lecture.

In US as well Associates is what is required for Licensure.

Why kill myself getting a Degree i don't need. Or maybe later i change my mind and decides to lecture.

Please has anyone going for Diploma programs been issued a visa?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Omah7979: 4:14am On Feb 07, 2020
2roodi:

Hi!
Which semester and program did you apply for?
I applied for spring 2020 the course is HRM post graduate program
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bigwayne: 4:23am On Feb 07, 2020
Hello All,
I got my study permit application refused today due to:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on your personal assets and financial status.
I ordered my GCMS note already.
Any idea on when to expect my GCMS note?
I will also appreciate any help in tackling the above reasons.
Thanks in advance.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by frankypunk(m): 8:25am On Feb 07, 2020
guys please kindly assist me here,been searching for schools in canada, to study computer networking technology / computer science ,undergraduate within prince Edward Island. But dont want to go through the stress of IELTS.. any help with school, with reasonable tution fees...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Graceee: 9:42am On Feb 07, 2020
SonofGod2000:
By appointment only.

ONUMAEMEZE MARYJANE

Progamme Assistance (MHAC)

The UN Migration Agency (IOM)

1 ISAAC JOHN STREET IKEJA GRA LAGOS

Mobile: +234 (0) 8022264059

Email;monumaemeze@iom.int

Thank you bro but I am asking about the Abuja office not the lagos office.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:22am On Feb 07, 2020
frankypunk:
guys please kindly assist me here,been searching for schools in canada, to study computer networking technology / computer science ,undergraduate within prince Edward Island. But dont want to go through the stress of IELTS.. any help with school, with reasonable tution fees...
The province you mentioned as limited options. There are loads of schools in the Atlantic region that fits what you want. Try out nova Scotia and new Brunswick
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:24am On Feb 07, 2020
Bigwayne:
Hello All,
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, based on your personal assets and financial status.
Thanks in advance.
It takes 40days standard to get your gcms note. You probably didn't include or provide enough documents to back up your financial portfolio. Also did you make use of a 3rd party sponsor? If yes being able to provide a good link to show that the sponsor isn't just a random person with funds is also very important.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:26am On Feb 07, 2020
dellons:
Please, is an Advance Diploma(fast track) program same as a diploma or a postgraduate diploma? The program I'm about to apply for is an advance diploma program and it requires that I must have completed an undergraduate program in a related field unlike a diploma program that requires post secondary result only. I sincerely wish to know if it is advisable to apply for the advance diploma or find another post graduate diploma program(have searched for that particular course in PGD but haven't seen any school offering the course in PGD). Please guys, I really need your input and advice on this matter.
Thanks and God bless.
A diploma is a post secondary program while an advanced diploma is a post degree program. Which means you need to have completed a 3 or 4 years post secondary studies/degree to qualify for it.

P.s: A waec certificate can be used to apply for a diploma and a degree certificate for an advanced diploma.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:30am On Feb 07, 2020
Careermama:
Good evening all, please I need help. I am 40 years old and intend to apply to one of the colleges for a diploma course. My friend told me my age will disqualify me. I have a degree already, 2 Masters degrees and ACCA. I started a school business recently and I just finished my PGDE because I did not have any degree in education prior to the PGDE. I was not satisfied with the way I was taught and would like to give the school international standard. I have some capable hands but I also want to understand the principle of Early Childhood Education indept. I have searched for the course in all the universities but seems it is only offered as a diploma course. The truth is I don't Intend to stay after graduation ( how do I prove this ?)

Please can my age disqualify me?
Thanks.
The best route I'd you are education inclined is to apply for an msc program. There are various programs available in the field you want and the career options in Canada is extremely wide. Going for a PR might be difficult because of your age. If you can justify your home ties, proper financial portfolio then the sky is the limit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by samoji84(m): 10:35am On Feb 07, 2020
Good day,
Please, is there anyone in the house that has ever used an Investment in fixed deposit letter in place of Bank statement, from a commercial bank to support Canada Student Study permit application?

Kind regards.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Boy6199: 11:19am On Feb 07, 2020
Hello guys,

I need help with my bank statement. I am planning to apply for my student visa. And looking forward to use bank statements from two different banks. One bank is in Nigeria while the other one is in the UK. I have opened my account in the UK while I was studying there. The account is still running and valid. But I am not living in the UK anymore.

Both accounts are in my name.

Is it OK to use my Barclays account which is in the UK? Or do I need to transfer the money from my UK bank account to my account in my home country?

I really need your help guys with this matter.

Thank You.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by talkme(m): 12:14pm On Feb 07, 2020
Gurus in the house kindly confirm if this is true.. An easy way for visa approval for Nigerians.

Canada has announced an express visa pilot scheme for prospective international students from Nigeria seeking study at the country’s universities and colleges.
Check the link out. Thanks
https://thepienews.com/news/canada-express-nigeria-visa-service-real-game-changer/
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcobex: 12:46pm On Feb 07, 2020
Bigwayne:
Hello All,
Thanks in advance.
Sorry about the delay. You have done the right thing by ordering your gcms note, it will take around 30-40 days to get to you.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Careermama: 1:18pm On Feb 07, 2020
Thanks for your response. I can't go for MSC because I don't have any prior academic qualification in the field I'm interested in. I have searched several schools and only colleges are offering the course at the moment. If I can get a school who will accept my other qualifications for MSc in Childhood education ( I have searched and searched) I will be most grateful.
The only question which I need answer to is my age. I'm not interested in PR ..well, maybe for now.
Just for me to study and come back. I may also not stay during the holiday to work.
Qudkom:

The best route I'd you are education inclined is to apply for an msc program. There are various programs available in the field you want and the career options in Canada is extremely wide. Going for a PR might be difficult because of your age. If you can justify your home ties, proper financial portfolio then the sky is the limit.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 1:27pm On Feb 07, 2020
[quote author=mcobex post=86452949] Sorry about the delay. You have done the right thing by ordering your gcms note, it will take around 30-40 days to get to you. When did u apply?

(1) (2) (3) ... (511) (512) (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.