Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,147 members, 7,815,018 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 04:56 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (516) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1020961 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 4:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
Go to a court
dejeez:
Hello house good afternoon please how can i get an affidavit of sponsorship my dad is my sponsor
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by zeb04(f): 5:40pm On Feb 08, 2020
Barseat98:

I think you complicated the matter, Especially using your uncle’s politician friend
I’m also 19
And i applied to University of Manitoba
My dad is my sponsor and Am waiting to get my passport stamped and returned to me
hello. Pls what documents did you submit?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yansky(m): 5:54pm On Feb 08, 2020
Barseat98:

I think you complicated the matter, Especially using your uncle’s politician friend
I’m also 19
And i applied to University of Manitoba
My dad is my sponsor and Am waiting to get my passport stamped and returned to me

please can i pm you?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 7:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
yansky:

please can i pm you?

Sure no problem
But let me just explain here
My dad is my sponsor
Same surname
His tax clearance
Sponsorship letter
Letter from his bank
Birth cert
Payslip no balance in his acc o
He opened sks "smart kids save" acc in my name, that was what I used in my application, he's the signatory to the acc

That's all
All am just expecting right now is my passport, because its 30days today after PPR....
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by saucepan: 7:22pm On Feb 08, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Thanks bro. Your chances of admission for a PhD are dependent on various factors including:

1. Your grade of graduation for both first and second degrees
2. Your proposal or statement of program. Make sure you write a convincing proposal with a standard working bibliography. Don't dwell too much on personal stories (only Masters applicants may need such stories). Simply connect your research to Canada and establish why the school you are applying to is the best option.
3. Support of staff. You may need to mail at least two or three professors in the department and introduce yourself and your research.
4. Your experience as a researcher or teacher

Hello, I am applying for a PhD and would need help with my letter of intent. I can't just seem to connect. Can you please reach out to me, I have sent a mail to you via nairaland. Gracias.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ndoeyopbennet: 7:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
saucepan:

Hello, I am applying for a PhD and would need help with my letter of intent. I can't just seem to connect. Can you please reach out to me, I have sent a mail to you via nairaland. Gracias.

Send to ndoeyopbennet@gmail.com
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by saucepan: 7:37pm On Feb 08, 2020
Please, is there any PhD candidate here who is willing to help me look at my Letter of Intent. I really need other people's input. Please can you leave an email I can forward a copy of what I have for now to. Abeg, it is urgent as I have to send it in by Monday. Thank you as I hope to hear from someone as God lays it in your heart to help. wink
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by saucepan: 7:38pm On Feb 08, 2020
ndoeyopbennet:

Send to ndoeyopbennet@gmail.com

Just saw this, thank you very much. Will do so.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 8:08pm On Feb 08, 2020
Barseat:

Sure no problem
My dad is my sponsor
Same surname
His tax clearance
Sponsorship letter
Letter from his bank
Birth cert
He opened sks "smart kids save" acc in my name, that was what I used in my application, he's the signatory to the acc

That's all
All am just expecting right now is my passport, because its 30days today after PPR....
30 days ke? Have you sent them a mail yet?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by yansky(m): 8:12pm On Feb 08, 2020
Barseat:

Sure no problem
My dad is my sponsor
Same surname
His tax clearance
Sponsorship letter
Letter from his bank
Birth cert

That's all

did you run your application yourself?

does a 17years old require a police clearance?

do tb/fixed deposit accounts count?

proof of accommodation necessary?

since he is a minor, do i have to include any of my parents landed property in the application?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
yansky:

did you run your application yourself?

does a 17years old require a police clearance?

do tb/fixed deposit accounts count?

proof of accommodation necessary?

I didn't submit any of this
But proof of accommodation might be asked at the point of entry, I'm already working on that
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Barseat: 8:26pm On Feb 08, 2020
Blema111:

30 days ke? Have you sent them a mail yet?
Just planning to send them mail by monday
Even vfs site is not tracking
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by king4afric(m): 9:47pm On Feb 08, 2020
please guys , any idea of the cheapest university in Canada for MSC in Computer science and again is the tuition fee paid in full or part payment ? thanks

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by bullstriker: 10:35pm On Feb 08, 2020
Hi guys,

Please how do I go about getting gift deed for landed properties.
Do I just need the gift deed notarized?
Do my parents need to change the name on the document to my name?
How do I get the property valuation certificate?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by mcmind(m): 11:01pm On Feb 08, 2020
Thanks, Bro for the swift response. graduated with a distinction in MSc. I have mailed some Professors whose area of interest align with mine but only one has responded so far stating that he's currently not accepting graduate students but he'll forward my application and CV to his other colleagues.

I haven't submitted any application so far cos I have not gotten any supervisor's support.

If you do not mind, I like to bother you with what my Statement of Purpose looks like. thanks

I dropped a message in your Gmail.

ndoeyopbennet:

Thanks bro. Your chances of admission for a PhD are dependent on various factors including:

1. Your grade of graduation for both first and second degrees
2. Your proposal or statement of program. Make sure you write a convincing proposal with a standard working bibliography. Don't dwell too much on personal stories (only Masters applicants may need such stories). Simply connect your research to Canada and establish why the school you are applying to is the best option.
3. Support of staff. You may need to mail at least two or three professors in the department and introduce yourself and your research.
4. Your experience as a researcher or teacher

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Markab: 11:39pm On Feb 08, 2020
Hello guys, May I please ask how much VFS charge for passport return courier to an address within Lagos? Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 11:58pm On Feb 08, 2020
Barseat:

Just planning to send them mail by monday
Even vfs site is not tracking
Try calling the customer care first. They would track it for you. If it’s still at the embassy, then go ahead and send the mail.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 12:08am On Feb 09, 2020
bullstriker:
Hi guys,

Please how do I go about getting gift deed for landed properties.
Do I just need the gift deed notarized?
Do my parents need to change the name on the document to my name?
How do I get the property valuation certificate?
Just meet a lawyer to prepare one for you. Tell the lawyer to backdate the deed and use an old seal. Get it notarized(not compulsory). Your parent need not change the name on the documents. With the deed properly executed, it is deemed to pass to you. For the valuation certificate, that would cost a good amount. Engage the services of an estate surveyor and they would value the property and issue you with the certificate.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by adurajoseph: 12:39am On Feb 09, 2020
Good day everyone, I have been trying my best searching for safe schools that I could get into to study information systems or Project management, but it has not been successful due to my GPA 2.5/4.
Please, can anyone either recommend safe schools that could accept me?

I also tried Postgraduate diplomas in the same field, but it seems that universities do not offer courses in that field, which is demoralizing.
Does anyone know a way around this?
or is there something I am missing?
or somewhere I may not be checking?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by 2roodi(f): 1:51am On Feb 09, 2020
adurajoseph:
Good day everyone, I have been trying my best searching for safe schools that I could get into to study information systems or Project management, but it has not been successful due to my GPA 2.5/4.
Please, can anyone either recommend safe schools that could accept me?

I also tried Postgraduate diplomas in the same field, but it seems that universities do not offer courses in that field, which is demoralizing.
Does anyone know a way around this?
or is there something I am missing?
or somewhere I may not be checking?

Try applying to Cambrian College smiley
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dejeez: 8:03am On Feb 09, 2020
Good morning house i would like you guys to put me through pls I’m about to apply for my study permit through online route am I to upload my original documents or I should make photocopies of them and upload them and is it necessary I provide a police clearance thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jaypey21: 8:07am On Feb 09, 2020
Please how long does pte exam score take
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:16am On Feb 09, 2020
vibrant99:
First of all see the padding people are doing with results.... You are a mechanic you are applying fir Vulcanizer?

LOL, padding ke. Some people profile dey look little legit to me. Make God help us o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:17am On Feb 09, 2020
Anybody got admission to New Brunswick College here?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 8:25am On Feb 09, 2020
2roodi:

Try applying to Cambrian College smiley
Sorry, you in Canada?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Bruan: 9:33am On Feb 09, 2020
Bruan:
I have a bachelor of science education in accounting which I did for my undergraduate and I want to apply to Thompson rivers university for
Master in Environmental Economics and Management. I chose the course due to interest and wanted to do a masters in a managerial course as well and I currently work as a logistics officer in a manufacturing company and run my own logistics company on the side

I want to know if this choice of masters isn’t a sort of red flag and showing professional advancement before I apply for it

Pls can someone help with this
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by olassky: 9:42am On Feb 09, 2020
olassky:
Good day everyone i am about applying for my study visa but i have some very important questions to ask about my sponsor, i got admission to a masters program in University Of Regina ,The person i am planning on using as a sponsor is my step sister uncle (step sister Dad brother) he is a director in one of Lagos state ministry,i cant use my parents statement of account due to financial capabilities, so i would like to know if this is a red flag, if its not, what is the best way i can prove a relationship with him and what are the necessary documents or letters he will need to provide fpr me,also will he be required to transfer some sum of money into my account just to prove commitment and also i would be including my step sister as part of my siblings, hope this wont raise a red flag, i would really appreciate if i can be guided about this, thanks everyone
cc qukdom justwise frankrobbn1 and every others thanks
Please guys I really need answers to this, please don’t leave me in silence sad
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Ifesinachi22(m): 10:09am On Feb 09, 2020
Neephemy:
Yes I got my visa despite having a graduate degree.

Bro you mean, you got a visa for a diploma program even though you have a graduate degree?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olayinkaji(m): 11:09am On Feb 09, 2020
olassky:

Please guys I really need answers to this, please don’t leave me in silence sad
I think Frank and the rest can help. I am a novice to this, so I can't really say
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 1:12pm On Feb 09, 2020
dejeez:
Good morning house i would like you guys to put me through pls I’m about to apply for my study permit through online route am I to upload my original documents or I should make photocopies of them and upload them and is it necessary I provide a police clearance thanks
Not trying to be sarcastic but this is a very funny question for an individual who is going to study at a higher institution abroad for that matter.
If you scan a document, the original remains with you I guess lol
Well, you should scan clean clear colored copies of your documents to upload. You only use photocopies when you are submitting via paper route.
As for police clearance, it’s not a CIC requirement. They will do a background check on you by themselves. But you can still do follow follow sha and do it like some people does.
I hope this helps

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shokoloko(f): 1:36pm On Feb 09, 2020
Good morning guys. My sister graduated 17 years ago with a 3rd class in mathematics. Fast forward...she works earning N100k a month as an office accountant/ HR personnel and has put together savings of 14m over the past years. She is married with 3 kids. Intends to leave the kids and spouse here and go for a diploma in accounting. Because 14m might not be enough for living expenses for two years I will sponsor tuition for the first year and will make the payment before she starts her visa application so she still has 14m intact.

Please pick holes in my narration and offer advise so I can get her to compile a strong application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obehi44: 1:50pm On Feb 09, 2020
olassky:
Good day everyone i am about applying for my study visa but i have some very important questions to ask about my sponsor, i got admission to a masters program in University Of Regina ,The person i am planning on using as a sponsor is my step sister uncle (step sister Dad brother) he is a director in one of Lagos state ministry,i cant use my parents statement of account due to financial capabilities, so i would like to know if this is a red flag, if its not, what is the best way i can prove a relationship with him and what are the necessary documents or letters he will need to provide fpr me,also will he be required to transfer some sum of money into my account just to prove commitment and also i would be including my step sister as part of my siblings, hope this wont raise a red flag, i would really appreciate if i can be guided about this, thanks everyone
cc qukdom justwise frankrobbn1 and others thanks
Now this is why it is always said here to read up some pages before asking questions. Such has been ask and answered in different methods here before.
Anyway, your question is if using your step sister’s uncle as your sponsor is a red flag?
Ans: YES and NO
Yes because you don’t bear same surename and CIC is always concerned about that not being just a sponsor just for the sake of applying for visa and then won’t really help you with money for fees and LE, therefore you becoming a liability to Canada.
No if you can prove your relationship to him.
How do you do that?
1. I don’t know if a family tree will work here though.
2. Pictures of you and him with your step sister
3. Birth certificate of your step sister and that of her uncle
4. Prove of how he has helped you financially before in the past.
Then above all, he can show commitment by sending the funds that he wish you help you with into your account. He will mention it in his letter and show it in his SOA and you too will do the same.
I am not a guru but I hope this helps.

(1) (2) (3) ... (513) (514) (515) (516) (517) (518) (519) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.