Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,431 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:29 AM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (528) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1018335 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fratermathy(m): 9:26pm On Feb 15, 2020
olassky:

Wow is this dhl or fedex

DHL
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 9:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
Please, did you get Correspondence letter or Biometric Verification letter before a refusal letter?

Pls house I got a refusal,I applied with my child of 1yr 11 months,Can I reapply alone this time.? What are my chances of getting Visa again?[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Dammie0904: 10:22pm On Feb 15, 2020
Hello House,

Pls house I got a refusal..Kindly advise on what to do before reapplying again.

Thanks

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 10:51pm On Feb 15, 2020
Dammie0904:
Hello House,

Pls house I got a refusal..Kindly advise on what to do before reapplying again.

Thanks
Share ur timeline please
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Midazman(m): 11:16pm On Feb 15, 2020
Frankrobbn1:

I'm afraid, chances are your friend's application has been turned down.
Hi Frankrobbn1..pls can we talk?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ignis: 11:58pm On Feb 15, 2020
Anon123:

1) PGD/C in any college

2) No... there isn't..

Simple
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blehseen: 12:38am On Feb 16, 2020
Hello everyone,
I have been reading through this thread and gaining insights. I recently concluded masters in environmental management, M.E M (masters by course work for 1 year and 6months) with a 4.51/5 Cgpa. I also have a B.SC in Biochemistry with a 3.68/5 cgpa. I am torn in between applying for a M.SC with research option and a PHD. My reasons are
1. My masters does not have a lot of research component, although a research/project was carried out. I do not know if its enough to qualify me for a PHD admission.
2. My B.Sc cgpa alone is not so high to apply for an M.SC with research option.
I am also considering for an MSC research option using both my masters and bsc transcript. Seeing that my masters is a professional masters. I dont know if that gives me an edge or not.
And finally, If applying for an MSc having bagged one wont affect my visa application, if granted admission.
Im considering aa research course in environmental science with option in sustainability. Most importantly, im aiming at a fully funded admission.
I need your experienced advice guys. Thanks in anticipation.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fratermathy(m): 6:44am On Feb 16, 2020
Blehseen:
Hello everyone,
I have been reading through this thread and gaining insights. I recently concluded masters in environmental management, M.E M (masters by course work for 1 year and 6months) with a 4.51/5 Cgpa. I also have a B.SC in Biochemistry with a 3.68/5 cgpa. I am torn in between applying for a M.SC with research option and a PHD. My reasons are
1. My masters does not have a lot of research component, although a research/project was carried out. I do not know if its enough to qualify me for a PHD admission.
2. My B.Sc cgpa alone is not so high to apply for an M.SC with research option.
I am also considering for an MSC research option using both my masters and bsc transcript. Seeing that my masters is a professional masters. I dont know if that gives me an edge or not.
And finally, If applying for an MSc having bagged one wont affect my visa application, if granted admission.
Im considering aa research course in environmental science with option in sustainability. Most importantly, im aiming at a fully funded admission.
I need your experienced advice guys. Thanks in anticipation.

Go for a Masters. Your MEM is a professional masters and it won't secure you admission to a PhD! Apply for an MSc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by engrjoe(m): 6:54am On Feb 16, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Eddyme,

There is no special effect but the online route was initially designed to be faster than the paper route. Thus, both have no additional favour as both routes are being handle by Nairobi VAC. If the documents are much and you feel you can't compress to the 4MB, then use the paper route. If the documents are few, then use the online routes since you reside outside Lag/Abj. BTW its good to know we are from the same Ancient city.

All the best.

Obaghatokpere Ise....
Welldone my brother.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dyce101(m): 7:10am On Feb 16, 2020
Stevenssen:

Brandon university

University of Manitoba

Memorial university of Newfoundland

University of Prince Edward Island
What’s their cost pls boss
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shugaar: 7:38am On Feb 16, 2020
Hello house.
Pls how long before an applicant gets a medical request after biometrics for canada student visa. Thanks
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Nobody: 8:15am On Feb 16, 2020
Nawa for you oh ,it’s like you want everyone to do it for you ...go to their website and check cost of attendance for international students or better still to get a good figure mail or call the school simple !
dyce101:

What’s their cost pls boss

4 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Olatycoon: 8:46am On Feb 16, 2020
Good morning house, happy Sunday, pls I have a Lil issue with compressing my files, they are too Bulky. What do u suggest i do, it my second application, can I remove some files?

And for my SOA, my uncle's SOA and my dad's SOA is what I am using, and all together it is much and more than 4mb after compressing it, I want to ask if I can remove some pages in between? Pls gurus in the house what do u suggest i do? Thanks I need your replies asap.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blehseen: 9:47am On Feb 16, 2020
fratermathy:

Go for a Masters. Your MEM is a professional masters and it won't secure you admission to a PhD! Apply for an MSc.

Thanks . Do you think its wise to include my MEM transcript in applying for MSc.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by fratermathy(m): 10:08am On Feb 16, 2020
Blehseen:

Thanks . Do you think its wise to include my MEM transcript in applying for MSc.

Yes. It'll give you an advantage over others, especially when the MEM is related to the course you're applying for.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Manlykiceprince: 1:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
CIC send this on my email -

*We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address: .

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Remicynt(f): 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
Plz I need answers
Remicynt:
Hello Everyone, I am considering going to Canada for further studies. A lil background of my self, I am married with a kid , I studied Business administration and graduated in the year 2011 I went fr my Masters in business administration and I graduated in 2015. I have a school business and I work there as the Administrator. I recently got information about a school in Canada which I am considering studying Peace ND collaborative development. To be honest I really do not have any idea about the course but my husband friend who Schools dere also have a msc in business administration and says the course isn't bad. Now my concerns are this
1) Even if I may not be able to apply with my husband immediately can I apply with my son when I get admission cs he's just 11mnths old as at now and I can't afford to travel without him
2) I hope it won't be a red flag to d Vo although I don't plan declaring my Masters but wouldn't look somehow moving from business administration to Masters of Arts
3) I just need a lil enlightment on what Oda things can cause a denial.
Thanks a lot
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Manlykiceprince: 1:12pm On Feb 16, 2020
December31 applicant how far .
Any update!!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Manlykiceprince: 1:20pm On Feb 16, 2020
I submmitted my app dec31st
Cic send this on my email---*We're still working on your application.

You may not have heard from us in a little while. This is normal. Most of the progress on your application happens closer to your estimated completion date.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address:

Learn more about what to expect while you're waiting for us to process your application.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Sssssss: 1:42pm On Feb 16, 2020
Good
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Obasanjo280: 1:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
JustMellow:

Hello Obasanjo280,

...in terms of general and/or specific prospects and also in the area of job availability in your home country and its significance to your career advancement and/or self development.

All the best.
Tnk you. I have my company. The statement is my own. I will submit this week. Just want to my sop to be ready. Tell me if I need to add something before I submit. SOPwriter say I should put CV. Is it a must?
Tnk you in advance.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Kaycevit: 2:11pm On Feb 16, 2020
Manlykiceprince:
December31 applicant how far .
Any update!!!
which route?.. Paper or Online?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:40pm On Feb 16, 2020
eddyme:
Dormo sir, we are getting the document together,, the sponsor letter now dey delay us small.
can i dm you?

Domo-Domo!! Of course.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:46pm On Feb 16, 2020
engrjoe:

Obaghatokpere Ise....
Welldone my brother.

Isé!! Otenmwen, uwe se. Domo sir!

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 2:51pm On Feb 16, 2020
What was the last msg you Recieved before this mail.....?

uote author=Manlykiceprince post=86696002]I submmitted my app dec31st
Cic send this on my email---*We're still working on your application.

We send messages to your account if we need something from you. When we do that, we'll also send you an email to this address:

[/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:53pm On Feb 16, 2020
Obasanjo280:
Tnk you. I have my company. The statement is my own. I will submit this week. Just want to my sop to be ready. Tell me if I need to add something before I submit. SOPwriter say I should put CV. Is it a must?
Tnk you in advance.

Hello Obasanjo280,

It is not a compulsory document but it would be good if you include it, especially if you have worked in several organization or a said position that is related to your prospect study. Also, it helps demonstrate your work histories in your home countries.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Manlykiceprince: 2:54pm On Feb 16, 2020
Which route?.. Paper or Online?.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Manlykiceprince: 3:08pm On Feb 16, 2020
@SonofGod2000 daz the last email i received
Thou the eligibility review has started.
While background check still on progress
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 3:35pm On Feb 16, 2020
I think IRCC would consider your application, just want to verify something. Do you have travel experience and when did you apply and biometric?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by SonofGod2000: 3:37pm On Feb 16, 2020
At least 2 weeks and at most 4 months.

quote author=Shugaar post=86688748]Hello house.
Pls how long before an applicant gets a medical request after biometrics for canada student visa. Thanks [/quote]
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by gogedda: 3:48pm On Feb 16, 2020
Hello guys, quick question plz. I have a BSc in Geology and Msc in Petroleum Geology. I got an admission to SAIT for a 2 yrs applied degree program in GIS. I will be starting in September 2020. First year of the course is course work while the second yrs is paid practicum. I would like to know if anyone has ever done the GIS program with SAIT. Plz how easy is it to get a place for the practicum and what is the job prospect after graduation. Thanks

(1) (2) (3) ... (525) (526) (527) (528) (529) (530) (531) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Canadian Express Entry/Federal Skilled Worker Program - Connect Here Part 11

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.