Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,397 members, 7,815,867 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 07:48 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (536) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1021824 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 1:50pm On Feb 20, 2020
vanessa969:

Thank you very much for this reply, I didn't put my personal SOA or pay slip because i was working somewhere else and stopped in October, then I traveled and started work in my dads company in January that's why and honestly there's no money there. What i can do is to tell him to transfer some funds into my account and i would explain it in my letter. But i need to know like how much he should transfer and what the money will be for( My tuition for 2 years is $45,000 and i have paid $7,000) I also submitted the receipt for that.

Also for lack of funds, my dad has an account in Canada, there is no transaction happening but there is money inside, can i also submit that too please, would it help?

For the travel history, i will emphasis it well in my letter, before October 2019, the last time i traveled was in 2016.
For the family ties will explain that well too, no the letter from the office didn't emphasize that well. Will work on that too. I don't have any property in my name but my dad has

Dear Vanessa, I think you should do some serious homework on your family ties area..

Try to answer some of this questions
Your parent,
Siblings
Do you have any of them in Canada or abroad?

If yes, did you declare them at all?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by younghero2: 2:32pm On Feb 20, 2020
vibrant99:
First of all....

What did you study here in Nigeria?

why do you want to spend so much money on a Diploma?--_ This by far is the pressing question, that the VO will want to know.

i dont have any Bsc here in nigeria only some certificates, from NIIT and Aptech. which i used to apply for the school Diploma admission.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 2:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
One thing i know for sure is that Those Colleges in CANADA can share admission like Groundnut,.. why..

1... FEES
2... CROWDS
3... DEPOSITS, because even if you request ur money back, they will take a token from it.
4... VISAAAAAAAA!

younghero2:

i dont have any Bsc here in nigeria only some certificates, from NIIT and Aptech. which i used to apply for the school Diploma admission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by younghero2: 2:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
vibrant99:
One thing i know for sure is that Those Colleges in CANADA can share admission like Groundnut,.. why..

1... FEES
2... CROWDS
3... DEPOSITS, because even if you request ur money back, they will take a token from it.
4... VISAAAAAAAA!

so whats your advice now. should i proceed for it? what are my chances of getting the visa. or is it a tough nut to crack?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 3:31pm On Feb 20, 2020
Deejah20:
Hello everyone, I need your help. Am interested in studying in canada but I have some difficulties.
1. Am 20 clocking 21 this year but am just going for my undergraduate program in bsc in health science.
2. The reason why am just going for an undergraduate program is because since I finished secondary school in 2015, have not been to able to get admission into a university but I have an ND in computer science(2016-2017).
3. Right now am in school of basic midwifery (2018-2021)and my program is ending march 2021.That is the reason am going for fall intake of 2021 but am going to be applying for schools this year. My questions are:
_ is it possible for the gap to affect my admission and visa process even though have been going to school since I left secondary school.
_ The program am going for, does it align with each other.i just chose health science because nursing is hard to get into.

I would be very grateful if someone could answer my questions.Thanks in advance.
Who said nursing is hard to get into

Firstly, you would be admitted as a secondary school entry. That is your RM would not count towards your admission. You can show progression by telling the VO that you plan on studying Bachelor's in Midwifery on a later date, but to do that you have to get your Bachelor's in Nursing first.

2nd option is for you to look into relocating to the UK or Newzealand with your midwifery once you have passed your council. For these country you can relocate as a professional on a temporary work Visa.

Refer to the thread below for more info on working abroad.

https://www.nairaland.com/2863557/nigerian-nurses-midwives-dream-working/119

Best of luck!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 3:35pm On Feb 20, 2020
Deejah20:
Thanks you very much for answering.
The main reason why I opted for health science is because nursing is too competitive and my high school grades are not up to the requirements.
Am afraid they may reject my admission.
The health science am going for, after a year of offering science courses, you get to apply for a major like radiography, respiratory therapy but nursing is not there but since respiratory therapy is still in line with helping people, am interested in the course.
But am thinking they should correlate since they are both in the health line.
As per the study gap, if I have the necessary documents from my former schools like my transcript, admission letter, school fees receipt, it should be okay right?.

Apply to brandon University for their nursing program. They would offer you admission based on your post secondary education and the high school cert. You may not be able to transfer any course but they would give you the admission.

Some students are required to take a few high school courses as pre requisites when they arrive here.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 3:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Deejah20:
Thanks for answering me.
I also know health science does not really have anything to do with it but nursing is hard to get into and my grades are not too high.
About palliative care, I don't really know much about it but I guess I will search up on schools that offers it.

Palliative care is a post graduate certificate course and you can only get in after obtaining a bachelor's degree in nursing
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vickyehi: 3:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
ope4all:
Good Afternoon guys,

PLEASE I NEED YOU GUYS URGENT HELP PLEASE... I'M CURRENTLY IN THE USA AND HAVE LOSE MY STATUS ALREADY ON A STUDENT VISA, AND WITH THE SITUATION OF THINGS NOW IN THE USA THINGS ARE GETTING HARDER TO READJUST STATUS, PLEASE I DONT MIND GOING FROM USA TO CANADA TO STUDY, PLEASE ANY RECCOMMENDATION OF SCHOOLS I CAN APPLY FROM HERE WITH AFFORDABLE TUITION,... PLEASE I WILL BE SO GLAD TO HEAR INDIVIDUALS RESPONSE.... GOD BLESS
In other for you to be successful in a study Visa application, you need to have legal status in your country if residence.
Your best option is to try to apply to a school in the USA and get your F1 visa back.

I know the catch there is that you cant get F1 visa from within USA but if you can at least get your I120, you would be restored.

Last option is to return to Nigeria where you have legal status and try canada from there.

NB if you have been out of staus for more than 90days, your situation is more critical and may need a very good immigration lawyer.
Best if luck.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 4:15pm On Feb 20, 2020
Adetayoade1:
Thank you very much sir does travel history really matter ? Cause I am seeing people being denied on travel history
Yes it does but a lot of people have gotten approved without ever leaving the country.

The bottom line is if you have issues with purpose of visit the travel history clause mostly accompanies it.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 4:58pm On Feb 20, 2020
If i say DON't, You will see me as a set-back, If i say go ahead, You will say i could have told you.

There is no way to really making it out with a Visa this days, Most of the applications you see this days is Migration Oriented and it really makes it tough for people of genuine studies intention, From a VO perspective.

But i will say, Shoot Ur SHOT, at least Make e be say you sef try...

younghero2:

so whats your advice now. should i proceed for it? what are my chances of getting the visa. or is it a tough nut to crack?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Jephehe: 5:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
Sorry to know that you're refused it happened to me when I paid 8k cad, later repackage with 1year tuition visa approved in 2 weeks.

however I see the reasons to be simple to resolved which bother on the fund for schooling. I always compare Indians study approval to Nigerians because same hidden intentions for both country applicants however[b] Indians pay 1 year tuition fees while Nigerians pay $1500 to be sincere who are you deceiving, and you want the VO to leave the guy with convincing intention to grant applicant without true intention.[/b]

Some guys application fly with $1500 cad payment and my buddy application fly without any payment, don't think it will work for every person.

Don't get me wrong finances is not the only issue to get visa.

ehiremen2002:
I just checked my account and saw a second corresponding letter and it’s a reject.

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by ehiremen2002: 6:48pm On Feb 20, 2020
Thanks for the comment. I would have initiated gcms request but that takes a long time. My cousin in Canada had spoken with her MP , and the MP person promise to call and check for detail reason. He promise to get back to us today. Finger cross, I plan to reapply immediately, while I continue with my JAMB preparation.

But a friend of mine that was refuse last year, and one of the reason was finance, but the mum was serving in Europe with Nigeria embassy,. She used embassy letter head and send a mail to Accra office and the decision was changed, and when they made the decision they didn't even ask for medical. But I don't have any one with Letter head. Let see what MP comes back with,

Jephehe:
Sorry to know that you're refused it happened to me when I paid 8k cad, later repackage with 1year tuition visa approved in 2 weeks.

however I see the reasons to be simple to resolved which bother on the fund for schooling. I always compare Indians study approval to Nigerians because same hidden intentions for both country applicants however[b] Indians pay 1 year tuition fees while Nigerians pay $1500 to be sincere who are you deceiving, and you want the VO to leave the guy with convincing intention to grant applicant without true intention.[/b]

Some guys application fly with $1500 cad payment and my buddy application fly without any payment, don't think it will work for every person.

Don't get me wrong finances is not the only issue to get visa.

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Deejah20: 8:02pm On Feb 20, 2020
vickyehi:

Palliative care is a post graduate certificate course and you can only get in after obtaining a bachelor's degree in nursing
Thank you very much for answering my questions, am going to try and apply for Brandon University but you said I have to submit my post secondary certificate but I won't have finished by that time, so what do you think I should do.
About the new Zealand stuff, I heard you need to have a work experience of at least 2 years.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by plantainboy1: 8:10pm On Feb 20, 2020
I'm new here. I just received my GCMS note..Please how can one address "taking the applicant's plan of study into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed study will be a reasonable expense". The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and not well documented. Not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada.

Please I await a favorable response.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by caul(m): 8:18pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hello guys, I'm about to start my application process and would like to get tips and guides on what and what to do in order to gain admission and also acquire the visa.

Thanks in anticipation.�
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JosephYemsol(m): 8:19pm On Feb 20, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

The most important thing is what degree are you going for?

If you have a Bsc and then decide to spend another $10,000 on diploma or another Bsc, the visa officer will assume you are not a genuine student. It is always better to go for a degree higher than your previous one. It is not just a Canada thing, same thing applies in UK. If you decide to go for same or lower degree, you will need to give a good and convincing reason why you want to toe that path.

In some exceptional cases, some applicants have been able to convince the visa officer by applying for same or lower degree and got their permits.

When you see visa officers write "taking the applicant's plan of study into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed study will be a reasonable expense". It is most likely they are not convinced the student is genuine, no career progression or they feel it is a waste of money spending such huge funds on the program. This is where the applicant needs to write a good LOE to justify why they chose the program. cc plantainboy1

There are 3 major areas you need to convince the visa officer as a Canadian study permit applicant

(1) You are a genuine student - Career progression comes in.

(2) You have the funds to take care of yourself and comfortable pay your fees.

(3) Home ties to your country

Wooow!!!... Thanks a lot then... I guess I have to just strictly go for meng or nothing...

Pls one more request, could you recommend schools for me...considering my grade..

Wanna study MENG civil eng.

My.fcgpa is 3.62/5
Last 2 SEM is 4.28/5

Once again, thank you...
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by BossFingy(m): 8:44pm On Feb 20, 2020
BossFingy:

Do I stand a better chance of getting a study visa since I was admitted on a Diploma Program in Welding(Northern College) although I graduated with a 3rd class in material and metallurgical Engineering....
1). Is it advisably to add my degree certificate during my application or i shouldn't just apply with it..or
2). should I apply with my welding training certificates (Samsung welding training certificate and PTDF welding certicates) i did while I was in school...
Please Gurus in the house i really need an advice on this..to avoid regrets..
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by arebanmenjoy(f): 8:53pm On Feb 20, 2020
Good evening again,
gurus in the house
Please I need your advice
I am currently filling the visa application form and I am unable to sign, and also I can not validate the form.

also the living expenses which is 10,000CAD does it include accommodation?
I would appreciate your prompt response,
Thank you
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shugaar: 8:57pm On Feb 20, 2020
Please what do i do... applied this feb got rejected today bases on family ties in canada and home country, and also limited employment in my home country... I can't express how sad I'm.. I'm supposed to resume in may... please i need help
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miide2: 9:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Shugaar:
Please what do i do... applied this feb got rejected today bases on family ties in canada and home country, and also limited employment in my home country... I can't express how sad I'm.. I'm supposed to resume in may... please i need help

I’m currently facing this exact dilemma
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 9:38pm On Feb 20, 2020
Good evening
First of all I would like to appreciate some of the gurus here for the ideas I got towards my study permit application
I just got the feedback of my online route application and I was denied my study permit for these reasons

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

how do I apply for the GCMS note and what solutions do I find to these?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hadedee:
Good evening
First of all I would like to appreciate some of the gurus here for the ideas I got towards my study permit application
I just got the feedback of my online route application and I was denied my study permit for these reasons

I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your personal assets and financial status.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.

how do I apply for the GCMS note and what solutions do I find to these?

I dropped a deed of gift of a landed property given by my mother, the statement of account was given by an uncle of his company with 20m in it, I have paid initial payment of fees of $3,900,..I included the evaluation of the land ,a house owned by my father worth 17m
what else do I do? how didn't I package it well?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 9:45pm On Feb 20, 2020
Shugaar:

me too I'm supposed to resume may...I'm sad right now
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 9:46pm On Feb 20, 2020
plantainboy1:
I'm new here. I just received my GCMS note..Please how can one address "taking the applicant's plan of study into account, the applicant does not appear to be sufficiently well established that the proposed study will be a reasonable expense". The applicant's plan of studies appears vague and not well documented. Not satisfied that the applicant will depart Canada.

Please I await a favorable response.

please how do I apply for this?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Miide2: 9:49pm On Feb 20, 2020
Quick question guys.. for someone who has been denied.. I have worked on my SOP do I need to write another LOE addressing the initial reasons I was denied?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by victorychapel: 9:54pm On Feb 20, 2020
vanessa969:
Hi Everyone, been a silent reader for a while and was rejected last week.
Please can @frankrobbn1 and other gurus advice me what to do

I got an admission to study Masters of Business Administration in Canada, I paid $7000 tuition deposit.

Rejection letter dropped with these generic reasons:

Travel history
Family ties
Lack of funds.

Apply asap and write LOE stating each of the reasons for refusals and how you deal with each of them. For instance, TRAVEL HISTORY: I traveled to ... on .... for.... and returned back to Nigeria on ...., list all and how you have not been a burden to the gov. of these countries...

FAMILY TIES: state does things that gives you ties to Nigeria and shows that you will return....strong evidence required....

Lack of funds: deposit more money in your account.... let your dad do that and back it up with a gift deed letter, notarized....

I hope these helps, let me know if you need more info

I have a Bsc in Accounting, I am currently employed under my dads company, I have a great travel history, been to so many places, Parts of the US and Europe so i don't understand the travel history reason.
My Sponsor is my father

Documents submitted:
Dads CAC document, which also shows i'm among the board of directors( I used this as part of my ties to my country in my letter)
Bank statement with balance of 50m and Bank reference letter
Sponsorship Affidavit letter
Sponsorship letter( although this didn't state how much he will be given me for my school, it just states he will be sponsoring me)

My Transcript
International passport and previous visa pages
Acceptance letter
Letter of Recommendation from my dads company
Waec
My birth Certificate
Police clearance
My letter of intent
Imm forms

I know its advisable to apply for the gcms note but we have decided not to and reapply and while doing that i will get an official admission from another country to have that as back up. My school is to resume in may, please I would like all the gurus here to advise me on whatever document I am to add to strengthen my application. Apologies if this post is long, i'm just here to learn. Thank you all
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shugaar: 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Hadedee:

me too I'm supposed to resume may...I'm sad right now

Plss was your reason the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Shugaar: 10:36pm On Feb 20, 2020
Miide2:

I’m currently facing this exact dilemma

Plss was your reason the same
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 10:41pm On Feb 20, 2020
chybabie:
Please what is the full meaning of LOE, I see it being used alot here.

I was also refused last year for January 2020 intake and would like to re-apply for September 2020 intake.

When I requested for my GCMS note, it was stated that my reason for traveling to study abroad is vague, not properly documented and not convincing enough that I will return after study.

I did Agricultural Science as an undergraduate and have been working with Telecoms company for about 10 years. The course I applied for is PGCert in wireless networking which is related to my current field.

Please I need a guide on how to write an SOP that will convince the Visa officer.

Thanks and God bless.

please how long does it take to get GCMS note back? because I have to resume in may

(1) (2) (3) ... (533) (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.