Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,156 members, 7,818,501 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 05:25 PM

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 - Travel (537) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 (1024423 Views)

Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 22 / General USA Student Visa Enquiries-part 16 / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 17 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (644) (Go Down)

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Phatkayconcept: 12:27am On Feb 21, 2020
It's painful reading about the rejection these days. But guys, if you don't share your documents details, how will anybody knows how to advice?
It is important that you share all the segments of your application, that way, the guru can suggest what to add...

It will end in praises
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 1:40am On Feb 21, 2020
Jephehe:
Sorry to know that you're refused it happened to me when I paid 8k cad, later repackage with 1year tuition visa approved in 2 weeks.

however I see the reasons to be simple to resolved which bother on the fund for schooling. I always compare Indians study approval to Nigerians because same hidden intentions for both country applicants however[b] Indians pay 1 year tuition fees while Nigerians pay $1500 to be sincere who are you deceiving, and you want the VO to leave the guy with convincing intention to grant applicant without true intention.[/b]

Some guys application fly with $1500 cad payment and my buddy application fly without any payment, don't think it will work for every person.

Don't get me wrong finances is not the only issue to get visa.

please I sent you an email..I need answers..thanks alot
what do I do to the family ties in Canada and Nigeria and my current employment status?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 2:14am On Feb 21, 2020
Phatkayconcept:
It's painful reading about the rejection these days. But guys, if you don't share your documents details, how will anybody knows how to advice?
It is important that you share all the segments of your application, that way, the guru can suggest what to add...

It will end in praises

I am a music producer and I got admission to study sounds and music recording..my career
I haven't had a post secondary school and I have about 6 years education Gap which I started that the reason for this is to improve on my musical skills and for more practice
I included the following documents
* admission letter
* receipt of $3,900 which the school initially asked for remaining$18k
* waec results
* uncle statement of account of #20m which good cash flow of over 200m of the 6 months statements which is that of his company, C.A.C and letters from him
* Dad as co sponsor of 1.9m with his evaluation building of 17m and affidavit of support from him
* deed of gift of land from mother and I evaluated it 2.7m
* certificate of training of keyboard and music production
* recommendation letter from church stating the role I perform in the choir department and keyboard
* statement of purpose and I even referred them to my IG account I uploaded some of my works there
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 2:19am On Feb 21, 2020
still wondering the reason for the family ties tho I have ordered for my GCMS note

and with what I read here, I should balance up for the remaining tuition fee before the next application..but I'm resuming in May

but what the current employment status issue presented to my face?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Blema111: 5:09am On Feb 21, 2020
Hadedee:
still wondering the reason for the family ties tho I have ordered for my GCMS note

and with what I read here, I should balance up for the remaining tuition fee before the next application..but I'm resuming in May

but what the current employment status issue presented to my face?
Why not defer your admission to fall first. It’s not compulsory to resume in May. That would give you ample time to repackage your application. Since you gave ordered for your notes, when it’s out, you can paste so that the gurus would assist. In btw, what exactly are you going for and what school?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Hadedee: 5:29am On Feb 21, 2020
Blema111:

Why not defer your admission to fall first. It’s not compulsory to resume in May. That would give you ample time to repackage your application. Since you gave ordered for your notes, when it’s out, you can paste so that the gurus would assist. In btw, what exactly are you going for and what school?

I'm going to Recording Arts Canada Digital Arts college , studying sounds and music recording, it also a music production course , diploma tho
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sim2003: 8:34am On Feb 21, 2020
I got just a refusal letter last night..
I am a site engineer with land properties in different locations. I applied for a graduate certificate course in Project management at Centennial college, I got the admission, paid for the tuition. Fast forward, I just the most shocking news that my application has just been denied. Please, I need help because I want to reapply because the program starts in May.

See below the reasons

Thank you for your interest in studying in Canada. After careful review of your study permit
application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet
the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and
Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and in your country of
residence.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in
subsection 216(1) of the IRPR, based on your current employment situation.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can
demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be
accompanied by a new processing fee.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Chaniel: 8:55am On Feb 21, 2020
vibrant99:
What do we say to the rejected forthwith?

Sorry and refire I guess?

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by plantainboy1: 9:45am On Feb 21, 2020
Hadedee:

please how do I apply for this?
A friend in Canada helped with that but you could just search on google you will find good websites that can help with that.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 9:52am On Feb 21, 2020
JosephYemsol:

Wooow!!!... Thanks a lot then... I guess I have to just strictly go for meng or nothing...

Pls one more request, could you recommend schools for me...considering my grade..

Wanna study MENG civil eng.

My.fcgpa is 3.62/5
Last 2 SEM is 4.28/5

Once again, thank you...

If yo can get masters admission, that will be fine. I think you should with your result. Otherwise, you can try post graduate courses in colleges.

On schools to choose, I cant recommend because it depends on the province you want to stay (take into consideration weather, job availability and size of city).
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sarmamotors: 9:55am On Feb 21, 2020
Submitted and did biometrics Jan 27th.got biometric validity mail 6days ago. No refusal mail yet.is this normal?
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by dyce101(m): 10:02am On Feb 21, 2020
Please help

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 10:43am On Feb 21, 2020
samoji84:
I am still preparing my application.
I am only asking in preparation.
Is this a possibility?

Thanks.

(1) Applying for PGC or PGD depends on you. If you get 2 years visa, when you get to Canada, you don't have to worry about renewing your study permit again. If you get a 1 year visa from Nigeria, you may need to renew your study permit if you choose to do another program, which means showing account statement and all that stuff you did while applying for the first visa (another round of stress).

(2) Remember that the same document it takes to get 1 year visa from Nigeria, is the same document you need in getting 2 years visa.

(3) 2 years PGD or 2 PGC programs will give you 3 years Post graduate work permit (PGWP) while 1 year PGC will give you 1 year work permit.

Will you get job on completion of a 1 year PGC? A big yes if you studied a good course, you are willing to move or travel to any of the provinces in Canada and ready to submit at least 60 resumes. If you think getting visa is hard work, trust me, getting a job could turn out to be harder. You might be lucky to get a job with just 1 resume but just prepare your mind for the extreme.

Now here lies the problem with 1 year PGWP.

- You must get a job fast on completion of your program.

- The job has to be any of the NOC jobs.

- You are stuck with that company for 1 year. Nothing must happen to that job or else....

- You must pass IELTS or CELPIP within that limited time frame and then apply for your PR.

Let me also add, there are other things involved in all of this. Age, experience also plays a role. If you are in your early twenties, you probably don't need as much overall band score in IELTS compared to someone in his/her early thirties that needs good scores.

Some students with money for just 1 program also select schools in provinces where it is easy to get PR via provincial nomination. There are other factors but I will stop here.

More than half of the people that finished my first program with me, applied for 1 year PGWP because they could not afford it and it is very possible they have a PLAN B which I am not aware of.

For me, even though I have a brother that is PR and I could get points from him, I applied for a second program for 3 reasons. (1) I switched to another field (2) I can afford the second program (3) I like my peace of mind. 3 years PGWP will give me the opportunity to explore.

What should I tell you to do? Pray and take the decision you think is the best for you.

All opinions are personal and information passed across is to the best of my knowledge. You should please do further research to guide you. I wish you all the best

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 10:44am On Feb 21, 2020
sarmamotors:
Submitted and did biometrics Jan 27th.got biometric validity mail 6days ago. No refusal mail yet.is this normal?

So you are expecting a refusal mail? shocked
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Qudkom(m): 10:49am On Feb 21, 2020
It baffles me when I see refusals on this platform. Non the less I have made some observations and I notice applicants submit generic documents. For example;

Employment documents- As at 2020 it is no longer enough to just submit employment letter, leave letter and payslips. Everyone pretty much submit this documents and it is becoming a circus for this visa officers. How many applicants show proof of dental/medical coverage, pension plans, Tax and most importantly documents to verify that this establishment you claim to work actually exists and is MOST IMPORTANTLY OPERATIONAL.

My observation when I ask people to show me the documents they submit when they get refused based on "employment prospects in Nigeria " is simply down to the above explanation. Here in Canada if you're gainfully employed then you have documents to actuality prove that you pay tax, medical coverage etc... So that approach should be applied when submitting employment documents.

p.s: this is just an observation based on refusals on employment grounds and lastly always remember to update your LinkedIn and other professional social media accounts( it is called open source search on the part of the VO)

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sarmamotors: 11:20am On Feb 21, 2020
@naijaforeigner no upfront medical nor medical request yet o
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cliqtips: 11:26am On Feb 21, 2020
Blema111:

It might not be necessary but you might need to know that BTW means By the Way
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by slimberry16: 11:27am On Feb 21, 2020
Naijaforeigner:

(1) Applying for PGC or PGD depends on you. If you get 2 years visa, when you get to Canada, you don't have to worry about renewing your study permit again. If you get a 1 year visa from Nigeria, you may need to renew your study permit if you choose to do another program, which means showing account statement and all that stuff you did while applying for the first visa (another round of stress).

(2) Remember that the same document it takes to get 1 year visa from Nigeria, is the same document you need in getting 2 years visa.

(3) 2 years PGD or 2 PGC programs will give you 3 years Post graduate work permit (PGWP) while 1 year PGC will give you 1 year work permit.

Will you get job on completion of a 1 year PGC? A big yes if you studied a good course, you are willing to move or travel to any of the provinces in Canada and ready to submit at least 60 resumes. If you think getting visa is hard work, trust me, getting a job could turn out to be harder. You might be lucky to get a job with just 1 resume but just prepare your mind for the extreme.

- You are stuck with that company for 1 year. Nothing must happen to that job or else....

- You must pass IELTS or CELPIP within that limited time frame and then apply for your PR.

Let me also add, there are other things involved in all of this. Age, experience also plays a role. If you are in your early twenties, you probably don't need as much overall band score in IELTS compared to someone in his/her early thirties that needs good scores.

Some students with money for just 1 program also select schools in provinces where it is easy to get PR via provincial nomination. There are other factors but I will stop here.

More than half of the people that finished my first program with me, applied for 1 year PGWP because they could not afford it and it is very possible they have a PLAN B which I am not aware of.

For me, even though I have a brother that is PR and I could get points from him, I applied for a second program for 3 reasons. (1) I switched to another field (2) I can afford the second program (3) I like my peace of mind. 3 years PGWP will give me the opportunity to explore.

What should I tell you to do? Pray and take the decision you think is the best for you.

All opinions are personal and information passed across is to the best of my knowledge. You should please do further research to guide you. I wish you all the best

Hello bro, i reached out to you via email and you gave me your number and i sent you a message but the mesasage has yet to deliver. pls bro reach out when you have some free time. cheers!!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by cliqtips: 11:47am On Feb 21, 2020
Hello

I'm trying to apply for transcript, do I apply for the soft copy to be sent to my mailbox or to the school directly.

Please advise ...

cc: Frankrobbn1

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 11:49am On Feb 21, 2020
sarmamotors:
@naijaforeigner no upfront medical nor medical request yet o

You submitted January 27th, be patient bro.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 11:50am On Feb 21, 2020
slimberry16:

Hello bro, i reached out to you via email and you gave me your number and i sent you a message but the mesasage has yet to deliver. pls bro reach out when you have some free time. cheers!!

Ok I will.
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Glasses1: 11:55am On Feb 21, 2020
This place now feels more like an hospital where the only time you see people is when they need help... we are supposed to ask questions before and during our applications and then further update the house when the good news come on what you think helped you get it right...not be a monitoring spirit and when things go south, come and start screaming 'gurus in the house'.. Let us cultivate the habit of asking questions, interacting with people and share ideas.. that way, alot of people will not make the same mistakes.. I understand in this part of the world we feel if people know about our business, it will spoil..but come to think of it, how many silent readers here have been denied visa? So its not by not telling people your business its just Gods grace... Most of the so called silent readers will not come to enlighten others if their applications had gone well and that is not good enough..
Summary: Dont wait till you are wounded before you take precautions...and be useful to others even when things are going fine for you.
On a lighter note, who has cold beer!!

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by Naijaforeigner: 11:56am On Feb 21, 2020
Please I received several private messages, I am sorry if I have not responded. Truth is, I am very busy at the moment.

I will appreciate if questions are asked here so that others on the forum can benefit. It is easier to answer questions here.

God bless us all.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by sisikemi23: 12:35pm On Feb 21, 2020
J’ai postulé pour un MSc en gestion de l’action humanitaire à la faculté des sciences de l’administration.

Francejaik:

D'accord veuillez patienter.

La décision de votre demande doit arriver au mars.

Alors, vous avez demandé à quel études ?

Je suis entrain de demander pour l'admission.

1 Like

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:48pm On Feb 21, 2020
jogojogo:
Please how do I urgently access the embassy in LAGOS to retrieve my International Passport?
Its very very urgent: Lagos VFS said they have returned my Paasport to the Canadian Embassy.

Hello Jogojogo,

The only way to get your passport back is to withdraw your application. Anything other than this, is to wait till your application is completely processed before you can get it returned back.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by vibrant99(m): 1:49pm On Feb 21, 2020
The Number of people that apply for CANADA visa and not on this Platform is 10X the number that comes on here to discuss.

Most people apply for Admission to study, Yes1 makes sense, But why do you want to pay 20Million for something you can do for 1Million in Nigeria?

Nowadays, The VO does more research than 5 years ago,....

Whose bank statement?, Is it a REal Bank statement ?

If You mention anything they make confirmations and require letters from the body or parasatal.

An application was Rejected , and it said , it was based on "purpose" of Visit!

In the GCMnotes, it only said " The applicant Made mention of a Job without a Recommendation from the Place"....... Re fired with only the recommendation as the "add on"......Thats it.

But come to think of it, How many of Una Fit stand this COLD? Toronto was -26degrees!
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by scaezar: 1:52pm On Feb 21, 2020
scaezar:
Quick question.
Submitted my application about a month ago.
Someone in canada helped with it actually. He is family, cousin. He has a PR, and it showed in the application that ill be staying with him and all that. My dad is the sponsor with a strong account and properties docs which we submitted and all other important stuff.
Yesterday, they requested for my cousin's account statement.
Is this good or bad news? Isnt my dad's enough?
Should that be scary?

So the update is.. Appparently, my cousin that i said submitted for me picked a 'NO' when asked if i have been refused a visa before. This was supposed to be a YES because i was denied a visiting visa in 2017.
Now they sent this to his mail todaY.
I believe this is a sensitive issue and i need help..
Im just hopeful that since they didnt refuse straightaway, theres still hope?
Help? Anybody?

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2020
Asapant:
Good evening everyone. Can someone please help me review my SOP and LOE. I was refused last year June and I want my application to scale through this time around. My gcms note is generic. "incentive to remain in Canada may outweigh bla bla bla, study plan vague and poorly document"

Previous refusal was based on:

Purpose of Visit
Fam Ties
Personal Asset and Financial status.

FrankRobben, Naija Foreigner, Just Mellow, McObex and Co. I'm begging you people to help me review it..

Hello Asapant,

Been a while and sorry to hear about the outcome of your application. I pray that your reapplication should be fruitful. I won't be available to vet your letters due to some other engagements. I apologize.

BTW if March ending isn't too late, then I will be open to help out.

All the best bro
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
samoji84:
Do you mean doing the second post graduate program immediately before apply for PGWP, or get the 1st year PGWP and work for a year, then apply for another PGWP?

Hello Samoji84,

An international student can only be eligible for a PGWP only once. If its done before the commencement of another program, then there won't be another. That's why its best to complete a back-to-back study before applying for it.

All the best
Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by samoji84(m): 2:02pm On Feb 21, 2020
Thank you so very much for your detailed explanation.
I am really grateful.
Naijaforeigner:

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:26pm On Feb 21, 2020
Liza86:
Hello everyone,
I am a very big fan of Nairaland and it feels so good to finally join. Big Ups to those who help/contribute in anyway to the success of any kind of visa.
My case; I have once applied for a visitor visa to Canada in October 2018 and was refused. My questions are as follows;

1. Is it okay to switch to a study permit visa? will this raise a red flag?
2. I am single, 33yrs of age and have a 10yrs gap from the last educational certificate acquired
3. Is it okay for me to sponsor myself?
4. I have a GP of 2.99, for sure it won't get me a masters but hopefully will get me a PG Diploma with the years of experience i have. This bring me to the question - will my GP possibly affect the officer's decision because i heard your transcript is part of the documents to be submitted.
5. What are the documents required from an applicant who wants to sponsor herself.

I know no one here is a visa officer, I only want to know if I even have chances at all.

Please the GURU in the house, i will need your input on my case.
Thank you in advance.

Hello Liza86,

Welcome on board. In this visa thingy, irrespective of the layed down rules by IRCC, the application of the VO's discretion makes no 'one' application the same. In answering your question:

1. All new application is considered and treated as a new application but the old information in the previous application can be referenced for info verification.

2. To an extent, age and study gap might not be an issue if properly justified. You have to convincingly explain to the VO your reasons for the long wait before considering to further your studies and your active engagements prior before/till this time.

3. There is no problem to be self-sponsored. However, the bigger problem is if you are not well established in your home country and your source of funds isn't reliable, which may translate into financial insufficiency. This way, a sponsor or co-sponsor would come handy.

4. Transcripts are not part of the requirement for Canadian study visa except maybe there is a discrepancies relating to your previous studies or trying to prove certain familiarity in some courses to be taken in your prospect school, especially in a career switch or showing progression in a program type. Thus, there is no harm imcluding it. The VO is more concerned in scrutinizing your financial documents and others than your previous academic records/performance.

5. Same documents like that of a regular sponsor. You can present CAC or Employment letter, work or business ID card, landed property document, investment document, payslip (if applicable) etc

All the best

2 Likes

Re: Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 16 by JustMellow: 2:30pm On Feb 21, 2020
Marychi120:

Hi,
Thanks for your reply. Please how can I demonstrate it well as a tie ?

Hello Marychi120,

...from an economic angle is always the best.

All the best

(1) (2) (3) ... (534) (535) (536) (537) (538) (539) (540) ... (644)

UK Spouse Visa/Appeal Process-part2 / Travelling To Canada Part 9 / General Australian student Visa Enquiries Part 2

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 159
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.